When you bought your dining room set, you probably didn’t consider how to ship it to your next home. Here are five tips to safely ship a dining room set.
Get matched with top moving companies in Locust Grove, VA
There are 24 highly-rated local moving companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Movers Reviews in Locust Grove
- Moving ForwardSuperb workers — BUT some tips for dealing with mgmt This review is five stars — for the workers, who are by far the most important part of the company and the ones you'll be interacting with most. They were excellent, hard-working, and professional throughout (with one exception, but I'm told he's no longer there). * SEBASTIEN was absolutely fantastic. He helped with packing two days and the move on day 3. He was extremely skilled and organized, quick and efficient, professional to his fingertips, and fun to chat with on day 2. He's been doing this for 16 years and headed our team. Trust me, this guy is an ace. Make sure to request him on your team. * SKYLER also helped with packing on the first day and was great to work with. Mgmt had screwed up the scheduling for my reserved time so they had a lot less time to pack, and we ended up going late into that night, but Skyler kept a positive attitude and worked extremely hard. He was also fun to chat with, which helped the day go much more quickly, while still staying entirely professional. I really, really wish he had come back on day 3 for the move, instead of the new guy. * LUCAS helped with the move on day 3, and he too was professional and excellent, and worked so hard. He got the stairs at both places, on a hot August day, and stayed positive and just kept on going. He was great and pleasant to work with, and really careful that everything went to the right place. * The one caveat was a new guy who came to help with the move on day 3, though he left early. I've also been told he is no longer with the company (so may not be relevant to other moves). He said his name was Tsay. He was moving things from the apartment out to the stairs. So Tsay was inside with me from 9am-1pm with no one else around. Within 5 minutes, he started hitting on me — and this went on for 3 1/2 hours (!). He would not take no (50 different ways) for an answer. Unequivocal harassment. Once he got a very hard no around 12:30, he became resentful and hostile for the rest of the day. It was extremely unpleasant and, for a woman with bad past experiences, very intimidating and uncomfortable. It made the morning and parts of the afternoon when I had to interact with him just awful. Why on earth didn't they send Skyler from Tuesday, instead of this guy?! That would have made the day go quickly, and he would have stayed professional *and* worked quickly and efficiently. SMH. Abby told me the next day "the worker you mentioned was let go this morning", so hopefully Tsay won't be a risk for anyone else. But considering mgmt's lack of follow through on other things, just a fair warning that if this guy does show up, buyer beware. As for the mgmt... well, I know it is hard to find a good company in the moving business. But I do have a few warnings/tips for dealing with them (Abby, Kenny, and the owner Max). 1. If Kenny, one of the managers, calls to ask you if he can delay your scheduled time bc there's an "emergency at the office" — just say no. I agreed to wait, but it wasn't an emergency, he just wanted to do a last minute job instead of my reserved one. Kenny then didn't follow through on any of the promises he made in the morning (they were later; he didn't keep me updated; he didn't come himself; he didn't talk to Abby about making up the time or "doing something for my bill"). This company likes being able to help people in tough spots. BUT IF you have reserved in advance, another person's lack of planning does not constitute your emergency. Just say no. Keep your time, bc mgmt is too busy to keep track of it and communicate with each other to fix the problems their delay will create. 2. Mgmt seems to have difficulties with communication, both with you and each other, once a job has started. Confirm everything explicitly with everyone else, even if they say they'll tell the other person (eg if Kenny says he'll tell Abby X Y Z). Keep it short and concise. Be VERY clear about what you're saying. Do their communication for them. 3. They may underestimate the time needed to get your job done. (1.5x for me.) So, if you need your estimate to prepare your expenses and/or to get reimbursement of any kind, err on the side of caution and set aside quite a bit more. 4. Be prepared for them to bill you on the spot at the end of the work, over the phone. And keep your checkbook out, bc they will charge you a 3.5% fee if you pay by card. (They apparently don't cover their Quickbooks fees but pass them on to the customer — they could cover them in their overhead / build them into their prices, that's a perfectly normal practice, I am also a business owner.) OVERALL, it's really the WORKERS who make the move and who you will be spending your time with. SEBASTIEN, SKYLER, and LUCAS were solid gold, and I highly recommend them. If you're careful with mgmt, things should go okay. As moving companies go, this is a good one, and I'd definitely recommend it for those excellent workers
- Big Tuck Moving TruckCorey and his cousin were outstanding ... incredibly helpful, hardworking and professional. We highly recommend them, and would hire them again in a flash.
- Metropolitan Moving & StorageIt doesn't get much better. We have moved quite a bit and know what constitutes a good move and a bad move. This was an excellent move. From the very beginning, the process was easy, efficient, timely and completely professional. I submitted my request online and was called within the next hour or so the same day to schedule an appointment for an in-home estimate. Eddie, the estimator, was prompt for his appointment. He quickly provided us an estimate, and a basic summary of the company. He did not try to upsell us on anything. He simply presented the company and their methods and policies. On the day of the move, the movers arrived 30 minutes early and immediately starting working. Dave and his crew were professional, pleasant, and even funny. They handled everything with care and not one thing was broken! They also took the time to disassemble and re-assemblage our very large bed and desks properly (something the previous movers did not do). Their care and attention to detail was exceptional from start to finish. The icing on the cake -- the estimate fell approximately $400 under what we expected (a pleasant surprise). While I hope we don't have to move again soon, we will certainly call them again and we have recommended them to our friends in the DC area
- Worth MovingThe movers were very polite, careful, helpful and moved everything to the correct location. Their trailer was very clean too. Would recommend using Worth moving to everyone.
- Worth MovingI would recommend this company to anyone getting ready for this very stressful experience. Polite and professional goes with out saying!! Not only were the employees of this company totally professional and careful when I was around, I had occasion to visit the warehouse unannounced to pick up some boxes and observed a bunch of busy bees. They were unloading and loading trucks and using the care and precision they would use on their own belongings. The warehouse is clean as a whistle and I feel very safe leaving some of my prize possessions there in their care
- Worth MovingThere was a bit of a mishap that happened during the move. Wasn't really satisfied with the service but since they ameneded it, I consider recommending them to other howmeowners as well.
- Campbell Moving & Storage IncBest move ever - 18th for me, 29th for my wife (thanks primarily to US Army + US Air Foce for her time as a military brat). -Hired based on a hand shake. -Showed up on time and got done much faster than expected at both locations. -Only one breakage...which is best ever in our experience. LADIES BEWARE: The whole crew was a bunch of good looking Latinos
- Quality Moving ServicesThey made it so easy, I really appreciated all the work they did. I had hired them before to move and when it was time to move again, they were who I called. If I ever have to move again I will definitely hire them. Recommend for sure!
- Movers USA IncTeam was very professional and respectful took great care with all furniture and personal belongings. I would highly recommend them to others and use their services again myself.
- Moving Made EasyThe crew (two men) was on time and completed the job in less than 2 hours. They were careful with the furniture.
Movers in Locust Grove
- Business Description:Whether the move is big or small Virginia is for Movers can move it all! With over 5years+ experience in this industry we are more than capable of handling your every moving needs!Recent Review:Found Virginia is for Movers on Angie’s list and they were quick to coordinate and evaluate our heavy furniture from our apartment and storage unit that would be wrapped and ready for them to move and load into a 26’ truck. Brya, Marquise, Elijah & Phillip were all pleasant and professional to work with. They are all a very hard working group who did an excellent job during a very stressful and trying time. I would highly recommend this hard working team! Thank you Virginia is for Movers for making our move less stressful and all your hard work!! Nikoya & BreNikoya R.
- Business Description:Worth Moving is a family owned full service moving company that offers a wide verity of moving services. We offer local, long-distance, and office moving. We offer POD and Uhaul loading. Piano moving is our specialty. In addition to moving, packing and crating services are availableRecent Review:I would recommend this company to anyone getting ready for this very stressful experience. Polite and professional goes with out saying!! Not only were the employees of this company totally professional and careful when I was around, I had occasion to visit the warehouse unannounced to pick up some boxes and observed a bunch of busy bees. They were unloading and loading trucks and using the care and precision they would use on their own belongings. The warehouse is clean as a whistle and I feel very safe leaving some of my prize possessions there in their careSusan M.
- Business Description:Great Nation Moving is a full service moving and storage company. We have been in business since 1998. We are a locally owned and operated company. We offer all services related to moving, storage, packing services, moving services, We move families locally or across the nation. We are based out of Rockville MRecent Review:The move went extremely smoothly. The Great Nation team packed my kitchen for me and moved the majority of my belongings (some items I had moved into storage ahead of time). They were extremely careful but also quick with all items. Absolutely nothing was damaged in transport, and the team was courteous and professional at all times. Excellent workIsabel C.
- Business Description:Our team at Two Marines Moving knows a thing or two about service. We've served our country and now we serve our community. It would be our pleasure to serve you! When you hire our staff of motivated movers you can expect punctuality, professionalism, and proficiency. We take pride in our selective hiring process, extensive training program, and maintaining the highest standards in our industry. If you're looking for a first-class moving experience, you've come to the right place. That's why ..Recent Review:We hired Two Marines Moving and could not have been more pleased with them! They arrived on time, were extremely courteous and professional, and they lived up to the high standards they advertised. Moreover, the price was very fair for the amount of time they were there. I really appreciated that they called a few days before the move to confirm the details and see if we needed any additional labor or packing supplies. I was most impressed in that they were more than capable of moving our large, upright piano for a reasonable price. Other moving companies refused to move it, but TMM moved it with such careful precision that we didn't even need to spend money hire a piano tuner after the move (and if you own a piano, you know how crucial this is!). TMM also moved a massive queen-sized wooden futon with a matching futon-style chair - they carefully took both pieces apart but what was most impressive is that they it all back together again absolutely perfectly. In addition to moving these extremely large pieces, they also carefully moved a Nordic elliptical and multiple expensive, heavy pieces with zero damage. What really stood out to me, though, was that after they were off the clock, they took the time to speak to my elderly Marine father about life in the military. I think the majority of the people they hire is military, and we were fortunate enough that our entire crew was military. It was quite evident that the crew understood the importance of customer service, as they treated my dad and my property with the upmost respect. I've had other moves in Florida where crews have left packing supplies and food behind, but the TMM crew was so clean and tidy! I've recommended them to multiple friends, and no one I know has had any issues. I'm not looking forward to moving again, but when I do, I look forward to hiring them againCharlotte P.
- Business Description:**Call us today for your FREE estimate!** With over 30 years of experience, Dave will take care of your belongings like they were his own. Moving your family or business, whether across town or across the country, can be an almost overwhelming undertaking. With utilities transfers and hookups, arranging for your mail to be forwarded, taking inventory of your belongings and the seemingly endless list of other details it can be a stressful time for all involved. The last thing you want to th..Recent Review:It went very smoothly. They were polite, communicative and moved quickly. Dave talked to me on the phone during the planning phase to answer questions. The office staff was also very nice and responded quickly.Ann C.
- Business Description:Big Tuck's Moving Truck,based in Richmond, VA, has over 20 years in the moving business. With hundreds of moves under our belt, we are knowledgeable of the requirements of local building management companies, as well as the unique needs of customers throughout the D.C., Maryland, Virginia area. We can accommodate any move, big or small, local or long distanceRecent Review:We hired Big Tuck for moving twice within a year. We sold our house and were waiting for our new built, so had to move to a temporary location. Corey and his crew were professional and efficient. They moved half of our belongings into a storage facility and the other half to a townhouse. They then did the same when we moved into our new home. Both times, the crew was great to work withRabia K.
- Business Description:MDK Movers is a full service moving company located in Frederick, MD and serving MD, VA, DC and beyond. MDK Movers LLC, is a family owned and operated. Our business specializes in local moving as well in long distance moving. We offer a packing and unpacking service. MDK is 100% dedicated to our customers satisfaction and our community. We offer discount for Military and SenioRecent Review:The movers were careful, effective & pleasant, all fragile items were PROTECTED. My newly painted walls were not scratched. I have use the movers a total of 5 times and this is my final move. I have recommended them to several family members KUDOS !! keep up the good workPhelisha S.
- Business Description:Owned and operated by Military Veterans, We understand how stressful moving can be. Our movers handle your household goods as if they were our own. Petra Moving Company offers trustworthy local moving services for personal and business needs. Our goal is to change the way people view the moving experience. Our services are based on your needs. We provide as much or as little manpower as needed to ensure your move is completed safely and efficiently. As a premier moving company, we serve th..Recent Review:This company is excellent, they were very detailed, very efficient, on time and organized. The people that help me move my wife equipment is extremely helpful and efficient. They did everything that is required. The appreciation for with this company is tremendous. They dis a fantastic job. Five star with a plusJoAnn M.
- Business Description:At GNG Services, we pride ourselves on capturing your vision for the specific task at hand. Whether it's handyman work, unwanted item removal, demo work, or moving services we can take care of your needs.Recent Review:The move went Great. Gary and his crew were on time, they were all courteous and polite. Gary went the extra length to disassemble and reassemble my dinning room table to get it out the door. I recommend and would use GNG Moving again. Thank you GNG Moving!Herb H.
- Business Description:American Moving and Storage is a professional moving & storage company that is owned by military veterans and we take pride in our work! If you need storage that's no problem we can move you into our storage unit and move you back out when your ready. When it comes to moving no job is too big or too small, we own 4 26' box truck for big moves, 2 16' box trucks for smaller jobs. With American Moving and Storage you will always get an experienced crew that has the proper training and tools to m..Recent Review:Exceptionally well! Crew of three arrived on time and went right to work. We contracted only for moving furniture, no boxes. Everything wrapped and loaded in about 1-1/2 hours (two bedrooms, dining and living rooms, and one office. Everything unwrapped and placed in about 1-1/2 hours at the other end. As one item was unwrapped, one of the crew neatly folded each blanket and stacked it. No sloppiness with these guys! Courteous, clean. I'd rehire in a heartbeat (but I don't plan any more moves in my retirement)Bill C.
Deals in Locust Grove for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Moving can be a pain, but it doesn’t have to be if you hire a professional organizer. Here’s what you need to know about hiring a moving organizer.
Real talk—most people aren't keen on packing or moving. But you can make the experience more manageable by opting for brand new boxes instead of used ones.
Find moving companies in
moving companies in Locust Grove
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
Indianapolis, Indiana 46240
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
Seattle, Washington 98108
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15236
- American Moving and Storage1605 Waterlick Rd
Lynchburg, Virginia 24501
- AMERICAN OF VIRGINIA INC1522 N DELPHINE AVE
Waynesboro, Virginia 22980
- College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving - NW Virginia120 Agape Way
Stephens City, Virginia 22655
- College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving - NW Virginia
- Eyring Movers638 Moore Rd Unit A
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
- Eyring Movers
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York 10454
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
Manalathan, Florida 33462
- Mighty Men Moving Inc2724 Dorr Ave Ste 58G
Fairfax, Virginia 22031
- Milo the Mover1740 Broadway st.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
Sullivan, Missouri 63080
- Mover Dudes Inc1114 Fairfax Pike Suite 1
White Post, Virginia 22663
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
Trenton, Georgia 30752
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
Willoughby, Ohio 44094
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
Miami, Florida 33130
- Moving By BrianPost Office Box 2282
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
- Mansion Movers
- Ship Smart Inc1200 G St NW Ste 800
Washington, District Of Columbia 20005
- Silent MoversPO BOX 1314
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Star International Movers22695 Commerce Center Ct Suite 100
Sterling, Virginia 20166
- Student Services Moving & Storage Company1501 Avon St Ext.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
- Ship Smart Inc
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
Chicago, Illinois 60654
- United States Logistics