E T Lawson

Founded 1919 • With Angi since May 2006

4 IVY Home Rd

Hampton, VA 23669

Thanks for considering our company for all your home comfort needs. Whether it's a brand new home or an older home where you have lived for years, I am sure you value your investment. At E.T. Lawson, we are committed to providing you with the information, products and services you deserve to help

02/01/2021

Sydney R.

I called their emergency after hours on a Friday at 6pm for no heat. I was advised a technician would be out Saturday morning and would call me as the home is vacant. I received no such calls and was unable to get answers about whether or not the heat was fixed, wondering if the pipes would burst as I had to wait till Monday at 2pm to get an answer. I was told that the issue with the heat was due to the gas being turned off however I have evidence this was not at all the case. I called back and asked to speak to a manager and before I could even address the serious concerns I have, Anne Smith jumped down my throat and was beyond rude and unprofessional. As a property manager of 150 homes, I will never use them again. I’m disgusted they find this behavior acceptable and I will be speaking with the owner.

Description of Work
No heat call

02/25/2020

Tony C.

I’ve used this company about 7 times for variety of things including complete bathroom remodeling, plumbing and electrical. They have been outstanding every time. Competitive rates. Great folks showing up to do the work. Efficient, effective and pleasant administration and scheduling. 7 of 7 on time. They are our go-to company. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling, electrical, plumbing

Category electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, home remodeling

06/07/2018

Jeanne S.

Excellent service. Would highly recommend

Description of Work
New HVAC and a Whole House Generator

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

09/11/2017

Cheryl S.

We've been using them for 15 years.

Description of Work
Worked on generator.

06/23/2017

Carl A.

I like that they've done it for a long time. The heating and cooling I have no complaints with.

Description of Work
They did maintenance to my unit and provided heating oil.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

06/08/2017

Sherron H.

They travel at least 30 miles I know and maybe even further if they get a call. We have a service contract with them. They were out this winter a couple of times and they do 24/7 service and usually within an hour or two they have someone to come and service for emergency things. They service it and clean it once a year and any other problems they take care of that. They come every year. Ours is within the plan. We pay a couple hundred each year and they just take care of everything. It depends on the home and what you have. Someone who probably has air conditioning it's probably more expensive. We've had them for years.

Description of Work
They did general maintenance for heating.

05/02/2017

James J.

Very friendly, experienced and knowledgeable. Pointed out a factor in the bad installation of my water heater from another company. (Previous plumber used a flexible natural gas pipe as a flexible water pipe). Offered his opinion of other problem areas in the home when asked. All plumbers are expensive. Get a good plumber. This was a good plumber.

Description of Work
Leaking water supply hose to water heater.

04/04/2017

FRANCES G W.

E T was referred to me by the company that makes the acrylic that Affordable Remodeling was installing. I had a terrible experience with Affordable Remodeling and was trying to find another company to finish the work they had started. The gentleman that came with E T was very nice and knowledgeable. He made me aware that Affordable Remodeling had rerouted plumbing going to one of my sinks and when doing so, had left a valve I had previously replaced open and it was leaking again. E T ended up not being able to do the work because of the damage caused by Affordable Remodeling, but were very honest about the fact that the work was over their heads. I appreciated the honesty and professionalism I experienced, even though I did not use this company.

Description of Work
Came out an ddo an estimate on unfinished work from a bathroom remodel

Category remodeling

03/11/2017

Stuart A.

I've been using them for decades, almost 50 years. Took the better part of the day to complete the project. Work was done in a reasonable amount of time, left area clean. They understood what I wanted and got it for me.

Description of Work
New installation.

03/04/2017

William P.

I would give them high marks for everything but these people are very responsive and very good on the service. They sell great products, they are decently priced, and the service is very good.

Description of Work
They provide fuel oil for my furnace and I bought an air condition system from them.

12/09/2016

Dale B.

However, several years ago, I had them install a new water supply valve under my house. A few months later, well after the warranty on the work had expired, I was under the house doing unrelated work when I noticed that there had likely been some past leakage around the brazed joint which they had installed. (It looks like the joint had the smallest pinhole leak upon installation, but it eventually sealed up due to minerals and such in the city water.) Also, they didn't even bother to remove the old valve from beneath the house, but left it on the ground in the crawl space, where it remains to this day. So... basically, I paid over $400.00 for all of 20 minutes of work, which leaked, and to have the old part not even properly disposed of - UNSATISFACTORY!!. Had I noticed the shoddy workmanship immediately upon completion, I would most certainly have made the technician fix it, but, I guess that's what I get from not checking up on people.

Description of Work
Over the last 12 years, They've supplied my fuel oil. They have provided this service on time, with no problems. I have also had a heating system maintenance contract with them for the same amount of time. I also had them install a new boiler in my house in 2010. Their service for the annual boiler tune-up has been of good quality, and Lawson technicians are always professional. However, I think their prices might be a bit high.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

07/27/2016

Elizabeth M.

We have been very happy with them. They replaced the furnace and the cost was included within the plan. The part that we were not as happy with was the work on putting a new liner in the chimney for that new furnace. We weren’t as satisfied, with some of the details with how they did that, as we usually are with service from them.

Description of Work
I used E T Lawson. We have two presidential plans with them. They do all of the care for our air conditioner and heater. They replaced the furnace.

01/27/2016

DOUGLAS M.

The work part was excellent. The accounting part left something to be desired a little bit. They took the deposit which was okay. I would expect them to contact me to say all the work was done which wasn't quite done. They charged the final bill on my card without notifying me. The work was done right but the communication with the accounting seemed to be a little off. The guys were really good and they did the job but their coordination with the office was not the best. Pricing was good. The workers did come out and did everything on time.

Description of Work
I used ET Lawson. They replaced the heating and air conditioning duct work underneath the house.

01/15/2016

Trista R.

Recently received our first bill for around $350/month for oil, which was a huge increase over last year's (50% higher or so!). We called and asked if they really anticipated oil prices to be that much higher, and they said yes. (Though they did allow us to decrease the monthly payment, simply stating that we would have to pay any remaining overage cost at the end of the annual contract.) We keep our house at 60 degrees in the winter and it's about 2,300 sq ft, and the oil prices are absolutely outrageous. We plan to change out our oil system as soon as we can afford to. Service is very good and prompt, oil is just insanely expensive.

Description of Work
Annual contract for oil furnace, monthly oil delivery.

01/10/2016

Kevin D.

The technician who provided the estimate was very helpful and knowledgeable about the various installation options available to me and worked with me to provide a reasonable cost that met my requirements. On the date of the installation, they had a problem with the roofers they had sub-contracted to help with part of the work, but they quickly resolved the issue and the installation completed smoothly with about a two-hour delay in total. The worksite was cleaned afterwards and all the workers were considerate and professional.

Description of Work
Remove old hot water tank and install new tankless hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

12/21/2015

Clifford H.

We have relied on E T LAWSON for all our heating and cooling support for the last thirty years. We have never had a complaint against the company for anything.

Description of Work
topped off my heating fuel tank

12/10/2015

Sarah S.

E.T. Lawson has performed a lot of work on our HVAC system. The people who do the work are consistently professional, knowledgeable and courteous. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace flex-duct and baseboard diffusers on 1st floor of house

11/14/2015

Tom M.

No issues. I got a call that the electricians could come out a day earlier than scheduled, even better. The electricians were prompt, explained the work, and completed everything in about two hours. I thought the price was a little high for the scale of the work being done.

Description of Work
Replace two faulty wall electrical outlets; replace a string pull light unit and add a wall switch to that light.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

10/04/2015

Diego A.

ET Lawson is great at performance but their prices are high. I paid 30-40% more then I would have with another provider. Good service but at a premium. Would recommend you shop around.

Description of Work
Maintenance and heating oil delivery.

04/14/2015

Bill M.

On 4/08/15 I called to schedule to have a water pipe repaired in my garage. The woman I spoke to on the phone, Marie, told me she scheduled a plumber for 4/14/15 between 8:00 and 8:30am. When the plumber had not yet arrived by 09:00 am on the scheduled date of service, I called the company, twice. The first time I was disconnected. The second time I spoke with Marie. Marie had no recollection that of me or that she had scheduled a plumber to repair the broken pipe in my garage. ET Lawson has demonstrated to me that I can not depend on them.

Description of Work
This service provider never performed the service promised.

Category plumbing

12/04/2014

Charles R.

So far everything is going well. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Service maintenance contract for furnace and AC

07/07/2014

Leslie H.

Conduit at pier is showing and wires were just laid in attic and in crawl space. I contacted ET Lawson and they stated they would send someone out to repair it. A few months later, I went under the house to find wires zip tied to the coax cable and the wire in the attic still laying where it was before. We use this company for our a/c needs and they are great when it comes to that. Stay away from the electrical side of this company!

Description of Work
Ran electrical lines to pier.

Category electrician

06/17/2014

michele L.

The electrician was prompt and professional. He discussed the options for repairing wiring that goes from the house to the garage. I will use their service in the near future.

Description of Work
I received an estimate for repairs to the electrical service to my garage.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/18/2014

Virginia M.

The teams all arrive before 8:00 AM and started work. It took a full day for the attic duct work to be sealed from the outside with foam and the second day they did the crawl space ducts. The soffets were installed and the blown in insulation was done in the attic. They can back several weeks later and sealed the inside of the ducts, reducing the air leakage from 26% to less than 5%. Then came back on 5/13/14 to install the new gable vent covers. Great job, great people, will hire again for other work.

Description of Work
E.T. Lawson completely sealed all of the duct work, added soffet vents, 13" of blown in insulation (R-38), 2 sealed gable vent covers and one open gable vent cover.

05/15/2014

Sherwood H.

I needed emergency service, and they wouldn't even schedule me without having previously set up an account with them even though I gave them a residential address and local phone number. That required waiting until the next day, delaying any service I might be able to get. I found someone else, namely Dave's Plumbing, also on Angie's A-List, willing to come out the next morning as a normal-business call.

Description of Work
Did not use their service. I needed service to repair a punctured cold water line to washing machine.

Category plumbing

Amped Electric

We specialize in residential and commercial electrical services, repairs, installs, troubleshooting, lighting, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Square & Noble Renovations and Remodelling

I perform a range of maintenance duties for homeowners and businesses. We specialize in bathroom remodeling; tile, drywall, plumbing,painting, and a lot more

Atomic Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Corporation

Atomic Plumbing has served the Hampton Roads area for over 49 years and is your first call for commercial plumbing in Virginia Beach and Norfolk plumbing needs - residential or commercial. If you have a leaky pipe or drain clog, or wish to install new bathroom fixtures, Atomic Plumbing can help. Our plumbing team is certified and trained to tackle any sewer or drainage problem, using the latest equipment to repair frozen or damaged pipes or faulty water heaters.

Bio heating oil delivery, HVAC heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, thermal solar, generators, weatherization, insulation, residences & businesses.

Please ask for details.