Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Culpeper, VA
There are 8 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Culpeper
- RooterMan of VirginiaVery professional!! Matt is excellent. Knows the details, hard no nonsense worker & done in 1 day. Very impressive.
- Plumbing Innovators - FredericksburgThe two guys sent to us were exceptional! very knowledge and explained everything as they went about repair and replacement. Provided additional expert knowledge on my septic alarm system, which will be helpful in the future. These two were a breath of fresh air from normal service providers I have dealt with in this area
- Brown & son Septic Service IncAfter a couple of missed signals, they set a time, arrived exactly when they said they would, did an excellent job of not creating a muddy mess in a wet yard, and cleaned the tank quickly and efficiently.
- Marshall's Septic Tank Cleaning Svc IncUsed Marshall for septic cleaning. They have been around for years, they are family owned and operated business started by the father, now his children run the business. They are very nice, very pleasant. We had an earthquake last year, and a lot of the septic systems were damaged. Marshall also our septic system for damage. We are required to pump our tanks in regular intervals and do inspection, and we send a report to the county. Marshall makes sure everything is in order. They are also very conscientious about not tearing up yard and are very respectful with property
- Brown & son Septic Service IncOur septic system backed up on a weekend. We called several companies and Brown's was the only one to call us back. When we explained the problem we were having, Brown's stated that they would be out within an hour. They were there on time and were so professional. They stayed until we had our system up and running. We also had a clog of soap scum which they made sure it was all cleared out before they left. We were very pleased that someone would come out on a Sunday (with an extra charge) but it was worth it! I have used Brown's before and I will definitely be calling them the next time!
- Marshall's Septic Tank Cleaning Svc IncJimmy of Marshall's Septic Tank Cleaning arrived within the timeframe provided when the service was scheduled. He went right to work and was able to locate the septic tank without us having knowledge of where it was located. He removed a small area of lawn/soil and stacked it on a tarp which he provided. The cleaning (pumping and flushing) took about an hour and after completed, he replaced the soil and lawn to its appropriate place and also racked any loose soil. He was very professional and pleasant during his visit and I would definitely use this company again though I was told by him that I should not need the service for another five (5) years
- Brown & son Septic Service IncArrived on time. Pumped tank in about an hour. Very nice man, courteous. Not much to it. Said I should get it pump more often. I would use him again.
- Lakeside ElectricThey were hired to pump the septic. The tech noticed an issue that needed to be addressed. They contacted me immediately to advise me of the repair. After discussion with my husband, we scheduled them to make the repair, which was not expensive at all. They took care of it within the same week. Quick and good results
- Carter Septic ServiceShowed up about 10 minutes early. Located Septic Tank. Dug out dirt to find an access hatch. Had a tarp for the dirt removed. Gave advice on frequency of Septic cleaning based on household numbers and tank size. Also what was wrong about bushes and trees nearby that need to be removed as they grow into the tank. Very professional doing a dirty but necessary job. Cleaned up and reburied everything. Looks great. Tracey was very friendly and informative in his area. Showed what was going on and what he was doing and why
- Brown & son Septic Service IncThey were very responsive, less than a week after contacting them they had completed the job. The person was careful not to damage our lawn and everything was cleaned up afterward. We have a pump septic system and he spent a good deal of time discussing the pump and what signs to look for if it begins to malfunction
Septic Tank Companies in Culpeper
- Business Description:Plumbing innovators of Fredericksburg, VA can handle all your plumbing, well / septic and water heaters needs anywhere throughout Northern Virginia. 25+ years on the job makes us one of the area’s most experienced plumbing and water systems contractors. From leaky pipes and backed up toilets to septic tank installation and water filtration and water heater service – not only do we have the specialized equipment, but well-stocked trucks that keep us on the job fixing your problem. Reliable, co..Recent Review:Best plumbing service I've ever had. Chad was outstanding, probably the most professional service pro I've ever dealt with. We had a water leak (from the upstairs bathroom into the kitchen celling below) the day after my wife gave birth...what a headache and stressor! But Chad did a great job....professional, informative, competent,....thanks Chad and Plumbing Innovators! You are our plumbers for lifesean m.
- Business Description:We are a family owned plumbing business, we offer warranties on every job we do and specialize in water heater faucets well pumps any plumbing issuesRecent Review:I claimed a deal on the Angi website for a fixed rate for up to two hours of labor. After canceling on the original repair date, the plumber showed up and started repairing my leaky pipes. Halfway through the repairs, he mentioned additional labor costs. I pointed out that I had claimed the fixed-rate deal. He refused to honor it, and left without completing the repairs (though he didn't charge me for the partial repairs)Daniel L.
- Business Description:It's dirty work, but someone's gotta do it! We are tried-and-true professionals in the septic tank repair, draining, and cleaning field, and are also great at getting stubborn drain clogs to clear. Get in touch today for the best price and service in the DC Area!Recent Review:Not sure who I spoke to, but when I explained the problem, and that we've dumped multiple 5 gallon buckets of water overflowing from the pipes, claimed that we were lying about the problem and refused to schedule us. Very unprofessionalAnwar G.
- Business Description:We are a family business that is locally owned and operated. We are able to handle the smallest of jobs to the largest of jobs. Leaking faucets to main sewer and water line excavation. We are a small family owned business which allows us to send you a master plumber on every service call at a price much lower than the large plumbing companies. Top quality work at a fair price. We proudly service all of northern and central virginia including Fairfax, Springfield, Arlington, Loudoun county, Wo..Recent Review:Excellent. They are a great company and I highly recommend them. They are very professional, knowledgeable, honest and customer-oriented. Owen was fantastic - super diligent and attentive to detail. Explained everything as he worked on issues one by one. He pointed out an existing problem we had not noticed, as well as flagged some potential issues to watch down the road. He did not "up-sell" or overcharge. Prices were comparable with other companies, but we felt a lot more confident in the quality of work with this companyElena H.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. No service charges apply. Extra charge for after hours services apple.Recent Review:Called ahead, showed up on time, and performed service as requested.Christian K.
- Business Description:Cogar Plumbing has been serving Central Virginia since 1993, we are not one of the largest plumbing company but we are one of the oldest and one of the best. Cogar Plumbing takes pride in our craftsmanship & quality of our work and in your home or business. Cogar Plumbing wants to be your Go To Plumber, Where Plumbing Happen'Recent Review:He wanted $300 for a half hour job..Dion P.
- Business Description:Family owned. We are gas certified plumbing contractor. MRC Plumbing & Heating LLC is located in Warrenton, Va. We have proudly served our community since 1985. MRC can handle all your plumbing needs-including quality remodeling. Our business is dedicated to providing quality plumbing work at a FAIR RATE. We are licensed and bonded by the state of VirginiaRecent Review:These people are top notch! Very responsive, prompt, and they had reasonable pricing.Lisa C.
- Business Description:Why are we a plumbing industry leader? The answer to that question is in a million details….and we sweat every one of them. Every mechanic, every member of management and every employee is totally dedicated to this principle. This is why My Plumber Heating and Cooling is an unchallenged bench-mark for quality, experience and rock-steady professionalism, in our industry. We respond to our clients’ needs, diligently, quickly and honestly, with the highest regard for customer satisfaction. For q..Recent Review:The plumber came out and gave an estimate of $400 to replace the PVC pipe. I declined his work and he left. Called another plumber who was at my house for 20 minutes and replaced the pipe for $240.Elisabeth M.
- Business Description:Roto-Rooter offers commercial and residential plumbing services. From emergency plumbing to drain cleaning, sewer cleaning to pipe work, Roto-Rooter can help you with any plumbing problem. Roto-Rooter plumbers are licensed and insured and handle everything from water lines to toilet and shower problems. No plumbing job is too big or too small for our experienced and professional plumbers. Schedule an appointment by phone or online, we'll come when it's convenient for youRecent Review:(Roto-Rooter Rusckersville VA) In my opinion, a company so big and with so much name recognition that they might not care about customer service or repeat business. The initial price for work was inaccurate, denying me the opportunity to assess cost and then decline the work. The equipment they recommended for the drain cleaning couldn't negotiate the contour of the pipe. They then more than doubled the price quote! After declining further service, they insisted, under threat of legal action to be PAID IN FULL for the initial failed service attempt. They refused any fee reduction despite the failed service. It was an experience where I felt deceived and bullied. Next time I will find a smaller company that might appreciate my business and maybe take some pride in their work. Due to the company’s willingness toward litigation...this review represents my opinion, feelings and best understanding of the interactionKeith B.
- Business Description:A&M Septic Service LLC is a family owned and operated business. Mike has been in this line of work for the past 17 years. Customer service is cur number one goal and we pride ourselves on being up to date on all the most recent changes so that we can provide the best service to our customersRecent Review:I would give 5 stars for their pump out service (Mike was awesome, very professional and expedient in servicing our septic cleanout—overall GREAT!); 1 star for the poor customer service by Sharon. Details: A&M Septic Service has been servicing our home for over 25 years. In fact, they installed the current floats and pump back in 2011. Our negative rating/comment is focused more on when we had issues with our recent pump chamber. Mike recommended I contact their electrician who knows septic systems and could raise our electrical box to code (it was partially buried). When I coordinated with the electrician, he said I should replace the floats since it was too short on slack cord to raise and you can’t splice inside the chamber--I was fine with that. As for the pump, there was enough slack wire (approx. 5 feet confirmed by another electrician) to raise the line inside of the chamber 6 inches to re-splice outside of the chamber into a new junction box. Bottom line: we were not going to splice anything INSIDE of the chamber. The electrician recommended I call Sharon at A&M to setup the float install and tell her about the troubleshooting of the pump working in HAND mode only because of the possible float issue. Here’s where it gets interesting. I called Sharon that Friday (I said it was not in an emergency but “urgent” situation) and informed her that I was having issues with my floats, only able to pump out the chamber in manual mode, and confirmed with her electrician sub-contractor after troubleshooting. Before I could explain my issues and desire to raise the junction box and replace 3 floats, she began telling me what my septic problems were BEFORE hearing the full story or steps we took with her electrician. Before I could really speak, she ended the call to contact the electrician who I had been talking with to get the real info instead of giving me, the customer, a chance to explain what we had done. After 30 minutes, she calls me back telling me the solution vs. understanding root cause: "you need 3 new floats, a new pump which will cost $2500 plus whatever work the electrician needs to do to raise my junction box." I tried to tell her that there was enough slack on the pump to work with and that it was working fine. Instead, I got an earful on county codes and regulations on no splices in a box, and A&M won’t touch my system unless we change out the pump with the floats. Very upsetting and it felt like a “one-way transmission” from her—too directive. I told her I would call her back at 4PM with my decision since I had a 1-hr work call. She said to call or text her after and they could start work as early as the next Wednesday (3 business days later). So, I called her line at 4PM and ended up leaving a VM stating we would have them do the floats and pump but asked for an onsite assessment. I then texted her as per her instructions our "ok" to schedule for Wednesday and followed up with a call and left another message on Saturday (they were closed but checking VMs). Thinking surely she will call me on Monday AM, I waited. Nothing. Tuesday—Nothing. By Wednesday, the day they were supposed to start work, I got a call by the electrician at 12:30PM asking if I was going forward with the work. Sadly, he was caught in the middle and as of this feedback, A&M has NOT returned any of my calls or texts. The most irritating of all? Sharon knew we were in a pickle and needed their help...they were the first company we called because we were loyal customers to them who have been servicing us for years. Regardless of her perhaps having a bad day, it's also about voice of the customer. Sadly, we went with another company who did an OUTSTANDING job and elected to change out the floats and a pump for peace of mind. Again, pump out service, no issue—Mike and team are awesome. Scheduling and working with the front office?--Sharon was not easy to work with and no follow-up to a loyal customer/home for more than 20+years….because of this experience, A&M has lost our businessDennis K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- Brandy Station
- Locust Grove
septic tank services in Culpeper
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Brown & son Septic Service Inc19292 Clearview Ln
- Brown & son Septic Service Inc
- Cogar Plumbing13755 Sullivan Rd
- Cogar Plumbing
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- EPC Elmore's Plumbing Co LLC1629 Log Cabin Rd
- EPC Elmore's Plumbing Co LLC
- Jerry's Plumbing and Heating
- Jerry's Plumbing and Heating
- Lineage ConstructionP.O. Box 2131
- Lineage Construction
- Plumbing Innovators - Fredericksburg1209 Bragg Rd
- Plumbing Innovators - Fredericksburg
- Shawn plumbing service36016 Wilderness Shores Way
Locust Grove, Virginia
- Shawn plumbing service
- Wicked Web Design & SEO1312 North Monroe St. Suite 137
- Wicked Web Design & SEO