A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Cheltenham, PA
There are 16 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Cheltenham
- C M Kristman, Inc.This company exceeded my expectations! The staff was delightful. Kelly and Sherry not only didn’t hesitate to answer any of my questions the educated me on the process. The communication was excellent. Jesus arrived punctually, he was professional, and got the job done timely. I highly recommend CM Kristman, you won’t be disappointed
- B&C SEPTIC SERVICEHighly recommended! We hired B&C after much research and planning because we believed they could complete our new system to the highest of standards. You can tell right from the start that they have the experience and knowledge to handle every step of the installation. All of the crew members worked tirelessly and performed at a professional level. Once on site the communication about the schedule and what to expect was handled very well. They coordinated everything with the county and passed every inspection along the way. The quality of materials and workmanship was impeccable. They even went the extra mile when it came to the final landscaping and seeding of the property. I have been in construction for over 25 years and I typically do most of my own work but I am so pleased that we chose to use B&C for this project. I wouldn’t think twice to refer them to anyone with any septic needs
- Gregory Rossi Plumbing & HeatingAfter a previous guy from AHS did nothing, Greg came out as a second opinion. Not only did he diagnose the problem in just a few minutes, he then fixed it in the next 15. Super competent guy, look nowhere else, we'll be calling him anytime I have a problem. Would leave him six stars if it were possible
- dumpster dave llcExcellent work prompt and very professional. I won’t be using any other company in the future. I strongly recommend Dumpster Dave’s!!
- dumpster dave llcAbsolutely fantastic showed up on time was very professional and helpful extremely affordable will definitely be using them often!!!!
- Bob Drayton Septic Service / Mr.Bob's Portable ToiI wish there were more starts I could fill in. 10 plus stars!! I used Bob Drayton for Septic Pumping in the past, but today (a Friday at 2pm) I called with a request for an emergency septic pumping after I called a bunch of other companies that said no way before I even finished my question. I only called the other companies because they came up first on my google search. Bob Drayton Services was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The woman I spoke with on the phone was very polite and extremely helpful. Not only did they come out for emergency service, even though they said they didn't have any more emergency appointments, but they were at my home within 30 minutes. The professional that pumped my septic educated me and my son (I am recently divorced and didn't know much) on how to care for septic and clean the filter. He also looked at my 5 year old septic field as I had some concerns about it and gave me resources to assist with that. He explained why I was having an issue with my septic and what to do about the issue (easy very cheap fix). He was also extremely friendly, professional, and not condescending at all to this not so knowledgeable homeowner. Also, the price was extremely fair! I will never use another company for any of my septic needs again. I am a customer FOR LIFE Bob Drayton Septic- and I will surely tell all of my friends and family how awesome this company and the professionals that work there are
- C M Kristman, Inc.We couldn't be happier. Our previous septic contractor was slow to respond and their price estimate was way too high. C.M Kristman responded to our inquiry almost immediately yesterday afternoon, and this morning a new pump was installed and operating before 10 a.m.
- C M Kristman, Inc.They responded quickly to my request as the system was backed up due to the filter being clogged. Came out, cleaned the septic filter, had my system operating as intended.
- C M Kristman, Inc.Elisa Kristman was exceptional.....Prompt, responsive, fair pricing....We really appreciated the great customer service !
- ICD LLCI would highly recommend ICD for any septic related job. Great customer service, not something you find today! Was done efficiently and on time with no problems. Very well run company.
Last update on December 15, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Cheltenham, PA
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Elkins Park,
- Huntingdon Valley,
- Bryn Athyn,
- Willow Grove,
- Fort Washington,
- Bala Cynwyd,
- Pennsauken Township,
- Lafayette Hill,
Septic Tank Contractors in Cheltenham, PA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Michael A Hughes Plumbing & Heating720 Walden Rd
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania 19012
- Michael A Hughes Plumbing & Heating
- A-Stat Inspection Services4 Versailles Circle
Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901
- A.L. Verna General Contracting Inc.717 S Columbus BLVD 717
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19147
- Able Mechanical & Construction70 Blue Ridge Drive
Levittown, Pennsylvania 19057
- ACE DISPOSAL/ PORTABLES1133 W. VALLEY HILL RD.
Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355
- All County and AssociatesP.O. Box 472
Saint Peters, Pennsylvania 19470
- ALLSYSTEMSOLAR Heating,Cooling,Plumbing,Electric1251 Lodi Hill Rd
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania 18972
- American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing882 Woodlawn Ave
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania 19460
- American Home Guard Home Warranty1515 Market St Ste 1200
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
- A-Stat Inspection Services
- Decker Septic29 Constitution Drive
Southampton, New Jersey 18966
- Delaware SepticPO Box 79
Middletown, Delaware 19709
- DeLeon Excavating & Construction2140 Saucon Ave
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Dilling Heating & Cooling PA3580 Progress Dr
Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020
- Drainmen Plumbing Inc35 Beech St
Pottstown, Pennsylvania 19464
- Decker Septic
- HouseMaster Home Inspections761 West Sproul Rd 191
Springfield, Pennsylvania 19064
- HouseMaster Home Inspections
- Joseph Walls Inc2740 Meetinghouse Rd
Ogden, Pennsylvania 19061
- Joseph Walls Inc
- Oliver Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, & Electrical101 Waverly Ave
Morton, Pennsylvania 19070
- Oliver Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, & Electrical
- P R ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGNS INC1211 Hollow Rd.
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania 19421
- Palmerio Plumbing LLC107 Fairbrook Dr
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania 19525
- Picciotti Lawn & Landscaping LLCPO Box 444
Hilltown, Pennsylvania 18927
- Precision Plus PlumbingPO Box 963
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania 19004
- Puppy Dog Landscape Corporation1918 old bethlehem pike
Sellersville, Pennsylvania 18960
- P R ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGNS INC
- Quantum Environmental Enterprise858 Easkey Ln
Avondale, Pennsylvania 19311
- Quantum Environmental Enterprise
- R.D. Excavating & Septic746 North Manor Road
Elverson, Pennsylvania 19520
- Rapid Rooter Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Service701 Black Horse Pike
Haddon Heights, New Jersey 08035
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup175 E 9th Ave Unit C
Runnemede, New Jersey 08078
- Russo Corporation1220 Kings Highway
Swedesboro, New Jersey 08085
- RYAN S STOLTZFUS EXCAVATING6893 WHITE OAK RD
Christiana, Pennsylvania 17509
- R.D. Excavating & Septic
- The Pipeshark IncPO Box 187
Saint Peters, Pennsylvania 19470
- The Pipeshark Inc
- ValueGuard Home Inspection600 Chestnut St Suite 675
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
- ValueGuard Home Inspection
Septic tank companies that service Cheltenham
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.