Horizon Services

Founded 1989 • With Angi since December 2006

Horizon Services is the region’s largest and most well respected plumbing, heating and air conditioning company, with nearly 600 employees serving tens of thousands of homeowners throughout Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Northeastern Maryland. After a quarter of a

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

A Service Provider's profile imageHeating RepairHeating System Installation

4.2

3.7

4.4

HVAC Companies (924)plumbers (347)water heaters (59)drain cleaning (84)appliance repair (36)sewer cleaning (28)well & water pump repair (20)drain pipe installation (11)excavating (10)water damage restoration (9)electrician (6)air duct cleaning (5)

12/28/2022

Ram G.

It did not go at all since Horizon does not service my zip code. Angi should take care to offer the deal ONLY to customers that Horizon is able to service. Please do NOT charge my card as no services were performed by Horizon for this request.

Description of Work
Water leak diagnosis.

09/28/2022

William T.

I have used them for years and they have been very good. I would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They do tune ups for my HVAC system.

Work Completed On 05/28/2022

01/27/2022

Abby Z.

they were more than servable. they were good

Description of Work
plumbing --

Work Completed On 01/27/2022

11/22/2021

Ellen A.

They were good, did a great job for sure.

Description of Work
Clear a Clogged or Slow Drain

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/30/2017

06/03/2021

Ron B.

Very good although they are expensive. They also have great technicians.

Description of Work
Heater and Air-conditioning Services

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

01/04/2021

Kettia D.

Fabulous the guys are very knowledgeable and willing to teach!

Description of Work
System check

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

We're happy to answer any and all questions you may have. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We appreciate your business!

01/04/2021

Michelle S.

It went awesome. We were able to get a quote quickly when our AC died in June, and were able to schedule a new AC & heater promptly. They were clean, thoroughly explained what was covered, etc. My only wish, is the maintenance - you need to schedule that way in advance - months. I guess we need to have more people go into this line of work because it can take 3 months to get a service appointment

Description of Work
New AC/Heater Unit

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs! We look forward to assisting you at your next visit.

01/02/2021

Adele R.

Horizon was simply the best. When it comes to customer relations. My husband and I were very satisfied. The crew was polite, clean, prompt and answered all our questions and concerns. Honesty and professionalism are what is important and these guys nailed it!

Description of Work
Heater replaced

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

That's great to hear, thank you for sharing! We appreciate you putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. Thank you for your business!

01/01/2021

Marcella T.

We have had Parker Brown do our work for the last few service calls. He is very polite and takes care to cover his shoes when he comes in. Parker asked about my husband who had Alzheimer's and gave his condolences when I told him he had passed away. He was on time and tried to find discounts for the service. He replaced the lamp with a 2 year light so we would not have a service call for that job every year. I was satisfied with his work and professional demeanor.

Description of Work
A new light was replaced in our crawl space where the A.C. is located. I believe it is a UVlight that is supposed to kill mildew and bacteria.

Category appliance repair, electrician

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

Caring and compassion go a long way here at Horizon. Our condolences as well. We'll be sure to pass your kind words on to the technician. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We look forward to assisting you at your next visit.

Ross W.

Good. I was provided with photos of the issues and the work completed. Very thorough.

Description of Work
Check of our heat pump

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We appreciate you putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Ken M.

OK. The unit had not had any significant work since installation about ten years ago. It was a special $59 tune up by Horizon Services. Upon further inspection, however, there were several potential problems that had to be addressed, which would have caused a failure in the near future. The technician was very clear on the problems and what could happen, showing us pictures and giving us an explanation. We did go ahead with the recommendation. We received credits against both the original service and other coupons to help offset the total cost. We felt the work was necessary and needed in light of the age of the unit.

Description of Work
A/C Tune up

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

We're happy to be here for you! We're so grateful you chose us to handle your home comfort needs. Thank you for putting your trust in us. We appreciate your business!

Theodora T.

The people at Horizon are friendly yet professional. They have respect for you and your home. Would recommend them to my friends and family

Description of Work
yearly maintenance

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

Friendly and professional is the way to be! Thank you for your vote of confidence. We appreciate you putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We'll be here for you in the future, should you need us for any heating, cooling, or plumbing needs.

Leanne O.

Very well. Tom was very informative and pleasant to talk with.

Description of Work
No cost no obligation estimate

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Marge P.

The techs are always helpful and on time. Always! The tech answered all my questions and gave me helpful suggestions. Good people! And, they are available on weekends. I would highly recommend Horizon.

Description of Work
Check system

Work Completed On 12/20/2020

We're happy to answer any and all questions. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We truly appreciate your vote of confidence!

MICHELLE S.

Perfect! I called Horizon out to determine why I could not get the inners to work on my toilet - it just kept running and the handle was spongy. The tech took the time to explain the difference in toilets and the inners currently on the market. What a difference that made in how I made my decision to have the toilet replaced. He happened to have the right model in his van - and presto - new toilet! The tech was very knowledgeable, professional, polite, and did not leave a mess afterwards. You receive confirmation emails and texts - with Tech information so you know who is coming into your home! They also have a vet discount which made me very happy! Will use Horizon again!

Description of Work
Replaced toilet

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

That's great, we hope you're enjoying your new toilet! Thank you for putting your trust in us for your plumbing needs. We appreciate your business.

Erica H F.

The Folks at Horizon are nice folks. The heat pump they installed works excellent a few problems. The Water Heater they installed has a dent in the bottom does not seem to hurt performance. The installation was a different issue first the service person lost his markings on the lines he did not have a helper or his did not show up i had to assist in tracing the lines which took away from my home work. The second issue is which upset me the most. I was quoted a price thats fine. We live in a Mobile or Manufactured home. The Water heater is very close to our N . E. Wall within inches I had to remove one section of the skirting for him to soldier the joint this was no more than 6 inches he did not have to craw under which I myself would not like to do. The service man said I will have to charge you and additional $600.00 dolars What Could I Say at this point. So you get the picture no exaggerations here. He did his part and left on the inside was a plex tube with two large nails in it that I had to repair once he left. The next time I use these folks i will go over everything 100%. the bottom number covers both. I would love to use them for additional services but fear don't allow. Pictures are not required a service manager should have came out to review the work he did not.

Description of Work
#1 Heat Pump: #2 Water Heater

Category appliance repair, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

*Update: Mr. [Member Name Removed], we are following back up with you to ensure your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Please let us know if you have any further questions; we are always here for you.

Brenda M.

This work was done right at the beginning of the pandemic. That said, the two contractors took all necessary precautions, in addition to their customary professionalism and courteous service.

Description of Work
Replacement and installation of hot water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we are strictly following CDC guidelines. Thank you for your kind review.

Pamela S.

Maintenance has been great. Last visit by plumber not so good. He took a water sample but I never got the results and management did not get back to me. I also asked for a quote for a water filter system and again, no result. I don't think Horizon should do plumbing. Stick with what they do best.

Description of Work
new heating system and new air conditioning.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

*Update: Ms. [Member Name Removed], we are following back up with you to ensure your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Please let us know if you have any further questions; we are always here for you.

Ronald D.

Very well. The salesman who did the estimate was very prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. The installation was done very quickly after I approved the estimate. Installers were very prompt, friendly, neat and professional. The installation was done quickly and the system has been working very well since the day it was installed.

Description of Work
Replacement of gas-powered furnace and air conditioning system and humidifier.

Work Completed On 08/23/2020

Fantastic, we're glad to hear you're enjoying your new system. Thank you for putting your trust in us with not only your home comfort needs but your investment. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the future.

denise D.

Excellent experience: Professional, Good Value and Prompt

Description of Work
Annual HVAC Contract - Summer and Winter Service

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

Thank you for sharing! We appreciate your vote of confidence. We're so glad you chose us to handle your home comfort needs.

Mariah K.

It went really well! I thought there was something wrong with our heat pump as we've only ever had oil heat in the past. Nothing was wrong with the system and the technician took his time explaining how the system works, answered all of my questions professionally and performed maintenance on the system which all made me feel at ease. I will definitely be using Horizon services in the future!

Description of Work
Potential heat pump repair

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

Going from a regular air conditioner/furnace to a heat pump system is definitely a change! We're glad nothing was actually wrong with the system and we were able to ease your concerns. Thank you for choosing us for your home comfort needs! We look forward to assisting you in the future.

08/26/2020

Richard M.

We were very satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
Replaced our Ac unit.

Work Completed On 07/26/2020

07/08/2020

Deborah G.

It went well however I was quoted 400.00 to fix tank or replace and install for 836.00 ... Just a bit pricey for a toliet that probably only cost 200.00 tops

Description of Work
New toliet and install

Category air duct cleaning