Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Lancaster, OH
There are 60 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Lancaster
- Ohio Exteriors LLCRoofs were replaced on our large two story Georgian house and detached garage. A flat section on the house (a connector) had been previously replaced by another firm and was not replaced by Ohio. That other firm was not selected to do the work because of Ohio’s great responsiveness and knowledge shown in the quoting process. Ohio was priced slightly lower than that firm, but not the lowest among the three bidders. It all came down to trust. Ohio even ran our shingle selection through the approval process with our architectural review committee and got them approved for us. The shingles were on par with the quality of those already approved, but we’re less expensive. On the actual roof replacement, there were minor challenges with the dormer trim from the replacement work, which Ohio came back out and fixed within a couple of days. About a year later, there were some major wind challenges that blew off a couple of shingles on the vents and an animal pulled back some flashing to try to get into the attic, neither of which I would blame Ohio for. Ohio made those two separate trips out to fix those problems the next business day, even when the problem was not a roof replacement problem. I was impressed! Overall, we have been very pleased with our selection of Ohio Exteriors to replace our roof. We would definitely use them again and refer them to others. Thanks, Ohio Exteriors for a job well done read less
- A-1 Quality CarpentryThe project was finished on time as mentioned in the contract and within the quote provided. Mr. Prude was professional and deck work was of high quality. He obtained the required the city permit and scheduled the inspection right after the completion of work. I would hire him again. Thank you.
- A-1 Quality CarpentrySo glad I found Jeff Prude with A-1 Quality Carpentry. Truly A-1 quality and service. Awesome guy and does great work with attention to detail! He listened, addressed concerns, and made sure nothing was forgotten. Very good spirited guy. Showed up when he said he would. Everything went smooth even after I needed to make a couple of changes to the original plans. Good communication too. He follows up and doesn't seem to skip a beat. My deck turned out even better than I imagined! I am 110% satisfied with the deck and quality of work. I highly recommend him and his company! read less
- Honey Do Home Improvements LLCFred and his brother are great. They are always on time. We are very pleased with their work. They incorporated some of their ideas to make things look nicer. We would use them again.
- Ohio Exteriors LLCOhio Exteriors replaced the siding and gutters on my house. They did a great job! I would definitely hire them again.
- Midwest MasonryThe job as always was very well done. The patio is amazing in the backyard of our new home. Max also did the work on the addition garage we had built. The floor and driveway extension. We have used Midwest before and will continue. We had a driveway, sidewalk, and aggegate patio poured at our old home, and were very happy with it as well. Max has always been fair, timely, and professional. He does exactly what he says he will, and makes suggestions if asked to improve the project. He and Darnell work their a**es off. Most of this years work was performed during the extreme heat, but they never slowed down. Anyone would be smart to hire this company. Daniel & Melissa Maso read less
- Mr. Handyman of West ColumbusFantastic!!! Sean Turner did the best job I could have hoped for. He cleaned the gutter and the downspout. Also reinstalled dislodged gutter guards and cleaned off the entire patio canopy. He is a great communicator; in that he informed me of every step of the process as he went. Took time to explain everything in "layman's terms" to this elderly lady client. I would hire Sean again in a heartbeat -- he is a fantastic individual. He was punctual and went right to work upon arrival read less
- MJH Construction LLCMyron was very responsive during a time when it has impossible to get help. I had an emergency situation where he coordinated with my plumbers to fix a problem that was causing off gassing, foul smell. He was on time, very professional & cleaned up well afterwards being sure to vacuum up all additional wood shards left on the floor. He was very pleasant to work with in a different situation read less
- Ohio Exteriors LLCOhio Exteriors did an excellent job rebuilding an old screened-in porch on our 100-year old home. They were punctual and professional, and the quality of their work was excellent! They completely rebuilt the porch, put in new structural support cedar beams, installed new flat rubber roof, installed new stained-wood ceiling, hung two chandeliers, hung four ceiling fans, installed new screen door and all new screens, and painted the entire porch. I highly recommend Ohio Exteriors read less
- Ohio Exteriors LLCExcellent... Work was completed exactly stated in contract. Very professional, on schedule, and friendly.
Contractors in Lancaster
- Business Description:We are a remodeling company that specializes in interior remodeling like basement finishing,kitchen and bathroom remodeling, flooring, tile, trim work,doors etc. if you have a remodel project in mind give us a call we’ll be happy to help. We also offer dumpster rental services read lessRecent Review:Greg recently completed a major remodeling project of our second floor, which included the complete renovation of our two second floor full bathrooms, replacement of existing doors, and replacement of all of our trim in all bathrooms, bedrooms, and hallway. Greg also constructed framing and drywall, and a new powder room in our basement which connects our finished half of our basement to an unfinished half of the basement. The bathroom work involved moving walls and significant plumbing modifications due to the total reconfiguration of both bathrooms. We could not be more thrilled with our experience with Greg. His attention to detail and communication with us was second to none. We hired a separate design firm to prepare drawings and specifications for the project. There were a handful of issues that were design related that Greg would quickly coordinate with both the designer and ourselves to resolve the issues. Greg also replaced framing and drywall in our finished basement in 2016 which went as smoothly as this project. I will definitely be recommending Greg to others we know planning a future remodeling project read lessRyan E.
- Business Description:From a complete kitchen or bath renovation to custom built in cabinetry we are here to help. Most of our services are performed by company employees so you won't have that typical parade of sub-contractors in and out of your home everyday. We have our own cabinet shop with CNC production so all of our products are made with precision to fit your space. Every project starts by first listening to your ideas and end on Google Sketchup so you can see the exact product you are getting. We use only.. read lessRecent Review:Jeff did an excellent job finishing and painting (spray) our pedestal table base. He was easy to work with and even delivered the final piece to us. Would use again for any custom furniture or woodworking project read lessMitch C.
- Business Description:Eagle Home Services, Inc was established in 1997 as “Odds ‘N’ Ends” in Columbus, Ohio. Due to name conflicts Odds ‘N’ Ends changed its name to Eagle Home Services and became incorporated in 2001. Before changing our name we joined the Better Business Bureau. Eagle Home Services won it’s first Super Service Award from Angie’s List in 2001. We won another super service award in 2003. Here at Eagle Home Services we take great pride in the work that we do. We go into every job, no matter the .. read lessRecent Review:It was really good. They were good. They have a reasonable price. They showed up on time and did a great work.Brooks H.
- Business Description:2 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. may contact me directly. 614 402 3107Recent Review:TLDR; Working with Brian was fantastic, would definitely recommend, would absolutely hire again. Synopsis: After several year of planning, we began a major renovation of our kitchen and first floor - just as COVID hit and we were sent to work from home. Work performed: Tearout of existing tile, carpet, and old wood flooring for the entire 1st floor of house. Installation of new hardwood flooring throughout 1st floor. New baseboard installation. Tearout of old kitchen cabinets. Installation of new cabinets. Minor woodworking trim repairs to various pre-existing issues. Outcome: Brian and his crew were onsite for approximately 4 weeks spread over a month and a half timeframe. Great to work with! We coordained various contractors for electrical, drywall, plumbing on this project, all while living and working from home due to COVID. Brian was extremely flexible with all the varying schedules, provided great recommendations when one our contractors fell through, handled delays due to a damaged cabinet (during delivery - not his fault) like a champ. Very respectful of noise/dirt/dust in the house. Made sure to tidy up a bit before leaving every day. Got along great with the kids, and kept us up to date on progress the whole way through. Finished work looks great read lessAlexander E.
- Business Description:5 employees. Uses subs for some carpentry. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges.Recent Review:This is the fourth time we have had Sue’s company paint in our home. Sue and Steve are wonderful people and excellent painters. I got 4 quotes and Sue beat everyone. They showed up on time, we’re amazingly fast and very clean work. I’m a knit picker on paint jobs, I couldn’t find a place where there was a drop of paint or paint on the woodwork. Our experiences with her and the company have been courteous, professional , couldn’t be happier Tony Worthington Ohi read lessTony P.
- Business Description:Rite Way Restoration is a licensed, insured and bonded full service reconstruction company specializing in property mitigation and restoration services for both residential and commercial settings. Rite Way offers Fire and Smoke Mitigation and Restoration Services, Emergency Water Mitigation and Board up Services as well as Bio-Hazard clean up. Rite Way Restoration also has a in-house Remodeling Division specializing in Kitchens and Baths. Whether you're in need of Emergency Services or are.. read lessRecent Review:They are very very good and very dependable. All the workers are very respectful and dependable.Renee U.
- Business Description:12 EMPLOYEES. SOMETIMES USES SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES.Recent Review:I have a 102 year old house with a very steep roof that needed two layers of shingle removed. It also needed to be fully re-decked because of the 100+ year old planks. Victor and the team kept me informed at every step but they didn't lose a step, they did the job is less time than predicted and they were not only hard working but also gave great attention to all of the details, including cleanup. The prices were reasonable and I couldn't be more satisfied. I won't hesitate to recommend Demarco Roofing to my friends and neighbors read lessAl R.
- Business Description:The patio pergola is the perfect way to turn your backyard into a great new living area. Providing shade, it’s great for backyard parties, hanging out with the family, just relaxing or even to create the perfect focal point for your garden area. The genuine patio pergola can be customized to fit your vision. Order your genuine patio pergola today! Additional Service Area- Indiana (other) market Ask for Details read lessRecent Review:Quality Built Pergolas did a great job building and installing our pergola. It is beautiful! They were also quick to get back to me with questions and finished in timely manner.Shannon G.
- Business Description:Berger Building Services specializes in Home Remodeling for the Columbus and Central Ohio area. We have over 20 years of experience and strive to perform at a level higher than the expectations of our customers. We are quality craftsmen who seek perfection in every home remodeling project we take on, leaving beautiful works of art for our customers to enjoy for years to come. We work hard to form lasting relationships with all our customers. Berger Building Services offers home remodeling ser.. read lessRecent Review:Jeff and his team were wonderful to work with. They are all very nice and professional and easy to work with. They did an amazing job with our home addition and renovation with attention to detail and consistency until the project was completed. They did such a good job you can’t even tell our home has been added onto! I would highly recommend Berger Building and would gladly work with them again read lessKara R.
- Business Description:My name is Charlie Griffey, owner of Griffey Remodeling. Born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, I have always had a passion for Architecture and Design. After graduating high school, I worked for two remodeling companies while paying my own way at the Ohio State University. In 1991, I was confident that with my hard work and dedication, I could start my own remodeling company and here we are 21 years later. My company focuses on residential remodeling and we service many cities surrounding Co.. read lessRecent Review:Having worked with multiple remodelers and contractors on two different houses, Charlie Griffey is by far the best I've ever worked with. I have high expectations, and Charlie exceeded every one. Charlie had workers at my house every day (including some weekend days) during my project and communicated with me (unsolicited) on a daily basis. This is unheard of for a contractor. Furthermore, his subs do great work. Charlie was not satisfied until we were completely pleased. He even called later after the project was completed to make sure we were happy. He had recommendations for me that I was hesitant to pursue, but he ended up being spot on. Furthermore, we encountered a delay (in shipping--not Charlie's fault), and Charlie remedied the situation himself in order to stay on track. I cannot say enough good things about Charlie's communication, professionalism, efficiency, or attention to detail read lessCaroline S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Sugar Grove
- Canal Winchester
- Junction City
- Buckeye Lake
- South Bloomfield
general contractors in Lancaster
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Basement 2 NV11077 Saylor Rd
- A Buckeye Construction LLC1856 Ridgebury Dr
- A-Plus Inspections, LLC260 Links Dr
- A-Team Construction & Maintenance Co.644 Old Farm Rd
- A-Town Builders9546 Hooper Rd
- A:Z Contracting, LLC8220 Richardson Rd.
- AA ALWAYS AFFORDABLE1933 E DUBLIN GRANVILLE RD
- AAA Renovations, LLC140 N. Roys Ave
- ABBRUZZESE BROTHERS INC7775 Smith Calhoun Rd
Plain City, Ohio
- Absolute General Contracting180 Birch St. Apt B
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- ACTION PAINTING & HANDYMAN1223 CAROLYN AVE
- AFAB Services64 West Street
- Affordable Home Remodeling863 Lakefield dr.
- Affordable Interior Finish Carpentry & Floors5421 Sinclair Rd 614 402 3107
- ALBERT'S REMODELING AND REPAIR, LLC256 AINSWORTH AVE
- ALL CHOICE HOME IMPROVEMENTS LLC346 Wyndham Park S
- All Inclusive Roofing2635 Queensway Dr
Grove City, Ohio
- American Handyman902 E Gambier St
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- American Master Craftman135 S Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd
- American Vinyl LLC41 South Grant Avenue
- American Weathertechs LLC - Columbus6806 Caine Rd
- ANDERSON REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION LLC6144 Jefferlyn Dr
- Ashby Home Repair9398 State Route 56 E
- Avanti Home Improvements,LLC6777 Retton Rd
- AW Construction4860 Briargrove Dr
- A Basement 2 NV
- B & L CONTRACTING4445 GARY WAY
- Barton Builders Inc13170 Basil Rd NW
- BATTISTE CREATIVE CARPENTRY8010 STEMEN RD
- BB&M GROUP LTDP.O. Box 1423
- Beaty Contracting1222 Shagbark Rd
- Bell Tree Productions LLC8608 Morris rd
- BEN-TEL COMMUNICATIONS/KRAFTED BY KOHLER5540 ROCHE DR
- Berger Building Services6615 Julian Rd SW
- Bidner Construction and Remodeling LLC433 denwood court
- Billing's Home Services3057 Shadywood Rd
- Billingsley Carpentry4002 Summerstone Dr
- Blasing Home Improvements5653 Balkan Pl.
- BOB WHITE CONSTRUCITON5534 CIRCLE S DR
- BOLON CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN2551 MCVAY BLVD W
- Bone Dry Roofing Inc -Columbus3500 Parkway Ln
- Boyden Renovations LLC3310 Cabin Rd
Grove City, Ohio
- BRIAN CONLEY3271 RIVERPOINT CT
- Brighton Works233 Brighton Rd.
- Broadview Windows97 S Liberty St
- Broski Services & ConstructionP.O. Box 329
- Bryants Home Repair4379 Alameda Dr.
Grove City, Ohio
- Buckeye Building Solutions Ltd52 Westerville Sq #217
- Buckeye Construction and Renovations342 S. Main st.
- Buckeye Home Consulting, LLC8151 Storrow Dr.
- Buckeye Home Pros and Property Maintenance7611E Sawmill Commons Lane
- Buckeye Restoration4004 Miller-Paul Rd
- Building and Construction Services LLC340 W 2nd Ave
- Burgett Painting & Home Improvement1480 Ellsworth Ave
- Burke Independent Contracting105 S Hartford Ave
- BURWELL BUILDERS433 W. Main St.
- B & L CONTRACTING
- C & H CONSTRUCTION2791 MAPLEWOOD DR
- C.C. Handyman Services1764 Lucks Rd
- Cabo 21 - Renovations755 Richard CT
- Camelot Construction and Design3842 Carberry Dr
- Capital City Millwork173 Heatherdown Dr
- Capital City Property Services5462 Crenton Dr
- Capital Flooring, Interiors and Carpentry10694 Ashville Pike 59
- CAPITAL OUTDOOR342 EMORY ST
- Care Industries, Inc2352 Bohnburg Ave
Grove City, Ohio
- CASE HANDYMAN & REMODELING OF COLUMBUS13910 CENTER VILLAGE RD
- CASTLE DRYWALL266 N SYLVAN AVE
- Central Ohio Handyman Services, LLC314 Prairie Run Drive
- Central Ohio Home Restoration3663 Christopher Place
Grove City, Ohio
- Central State Windows & Siding2458 N High St
- CHARLES KNIGHT CONSTRUCTION508 MURRAY AVE
- Charley's Handyman Service839 Midland Ave
- Childress Painting176 Highfield Dr
- CHRISTOPHER CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING14 WALNUT ST>
- Christopher Construction Home ImprovementP.O. Box 1377
Grove City, Ohio
- Cimarkai, LLC3077 Remington Ridge Rd
- CJ's Commercial & Residential Maintenance342 Donerail Dr SW
- Claggett & Sons Inc3396 Sharon Valley Rd NE
- CLAUSEN CUSTOM BUILDERS LLC7094 STONE CT
- CLEAR CHOICE BUILDING5266 LOEFFLER DR
- Cloverleaf Design Build Develop, LLC109 E College St
- CNF Electric & Home Improvement Ltd.8 Miami Street
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Color World Housepainting Inc94 Village Pointe Dr
- COLUMBUS REHAB611 ERICKSON AV
- COMO LandscapesPO Box 758
- Conner home Improvement2410 Kilbourne
- CONSTRUCTION SOLUTIONS2610 PLEASANT CREST CT
- CONSTRUCTIVE ARTS LLC699 FREBIS AVE
- Contracting Solutions LLC6118 Westerville Rd
- COPPER MOUNTAIN CONTRACTING LTD7342 BRYDEN RD
- Cornett Roofing Systems1442 Amy Lane
- Craig Stalk & Complete Remoldeling1975 Ramblebranch Dr
- CREATIVE BUILDING SERVICES4024 BLENDON GROVE WAY
- Creative Custom Woodworks104 South Catherine St
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Creative Earthscapes376 Morrison Rd Ste F
- Creative Touch Painting & Decorating LLC3755 Broadway
Grove City, Ohio
- Custom Awning Service & Builders Inc.2897 Johnstown Rd Ste D
- Custom Built Construction5459 Kirkland Way
- C & H CONSTRUCTION