Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Avon, OH
There are 48 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Avon
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and Windows9/10 Mark and crew are honest and communicate effectively Job had some bumps along the way but we never felt like we were getting the runaround
- Keselman Construction Group, IncI had a wonderful experience with Keselman. They remodeled my basement, kitchen and main bathroom. I worked with their designer Jessica, to pick out the layout for my kitchen, cabinets, countertops, flooring and fixtures. She was helpful and a pleasure. All of the workers that were onsite were professional and extremely trustworthy. The communication from my project manager Sergiy, was awesome. He would let me know each morning if they would be working and went over all the details with me. They were always willing to adjust the scope of work to add additional items I thought of as the project progressed. Also, if any mistakes were made they were quick to correct them and make it right. The final product looks amazing and I would highly recommend them read less
- Professional Drywall Repair and FinishingCost did a great job installing drywall and matching ceiling texture after we had a water leak. Professional, communicative and great quality.
- Cohen's Painting & Papering LLCTim and his crew were efficient, thorough, and professional. Best painting job our deck/ramp has had !
- Barbera Home ImprovementJohn Barbera is da bomb! I had water coming in through a light fixture and he and one of his guys came out within the hour (literally) and identified the problem (flashing boot on the soil stack) and fixed it. I personally know others who have used Barbera Home Improvement and have been extremely satisfied with his services, so I also decided to get an estimate for a roof replacement since it's old. John returned my inquiry right away and came out personally to review the roof and created an estimate right there on the spot via software in his truck and I had the estimate before he even left the driveway -- talk about customer service, efficiency, professionalism and being tech-savvy. John also brought lots of good information with him, including insurance information, a very informative booklet on how to evaluate roofers and what is important, which helped with terms, options, etc., that I had no idea of, which was very helpful. He also have reams of paper listing addresses by tons of cities of roofs he replaced and also the product and shingle color so a drive-by could be done, which was also beyond incredibly helpful when evaluating products and and color choices. I decided to get several estimates for a roof and other companies sent a "sales" guy who showed up and never took any notes, no clipboard, no paper/pencil, so when I mentioned things like: do you run downspouts from an upper roof exit into the lower gutter so water doesn't spray all over the roof, a skylight that needed replacement, valleys, etc., I could tell with some of these other companies, they weren't listening and not prepared, and their estimates reflected this. I would then inquire: I don't see a skylight replacement? etc., and they would respond: "Oh yea, I forgot about that, I'll add that in." When you are spending decent dollars for a complete roof replacement and some sales guy doesn't even come prepared, creates inaccurate estimates, it makes me wonder how professional and competent the installation crew(s) might be or even the managerial oversight, or possible warranty claims after the fact. John Barbera and Barbera Home Improvement, from A...Z were in a complete league of their own which became quite evident throughout the roof estimating process. Thank you John read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsGary gave a detailed estimate and was patient as I got other estimates and had new questions. It was a large project involving removing 3 layers of roofing (bottom layer was wood shake shingle, no decking).While not the lowest estimate, it was the lowest with the most experience and great Angie's list & BBB ratings. The roofing was removed, decking put on, new roofing installed, fascia board was replaced along with new gutters and downspouts. The chimneys were tuck pointed and chimney caps put on. The roofing took about 3 days once they started. A crew of 8 worked very hard. Crew manager, Brandon, was very helpful and found a great solution to the problem of what to do with the gap left along the siding edges when 3 layers of roofing was only 1 layer. Brandon was very helpful, answering all my questions as they went along. The clean-up was good (I did find a few nails, and some splinters of shake shingle but I'm sure some was stuck in the large shrubs). The did tarp the attic and did a decent clean-up of the attic. It took 8 days before the gutter crew came out, and while not a big problem it was a little annoying. Overall I am very satisfied and would recommend Home Exteriors read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsThe roof over the garage storage area was completely rotted. I had gotten several estimates before I came across Home Exteriors on Angie's list. One company said I should tear off the structure completely because he didn't know how to address the roof problems (it was an addition to the garage). Gary was confident that they could replace the roof without any trouble. Additionally, I had three skylights that leaked for years. Gary said his company specialized in skylights. So he included the replacement of the skylights in the roof job. One of the skylights was completely rotted due to improper installation. Home exteriors replaced the damaged wood and cleaned up what they found..black mold! The roof had three layers which was torn off and replaced. I also had new gutters installed. Once Gary notified me the job was finished. I took a look around and found a few things I wanted changed...mostly due to aesthetics. I sent him pictures of the items I wanted changed. He said.."No problem" and first the thing next morning his crew was back on the job! They stayed until I was completely satisfied. The crew was hard working, accommodating and did an awesome job with the clean up afterwards. One night they worked in the dark! I highly recommend Home Exteriors. Gary is very easy to work with and his price was very good. Thanks for a great job Gary and crew! 8/28/14-Update-a week after my new roof was installed we had an extremely heavy rain. As I was sitting in my family room I heard the dreaded...drip..drip. Yes, the roof was leaking..UGH. It started in the corner then traveled the length of a beam (cathedral ceiling). I immediately sent Gary a text of what was happening. He promptly returned my call and sent two guys out to see what was the problem. They looked at the area and said it was a gutter problem. That it was not sloped correctly. They removed the gutter and did a water test, however, the roof still leaked. So the next day they sent out a crew and removed that section of shingles and repaired that area, plus they re-positioned the gutter. The area that leaked was an addition to the original structure. I did advise Home Exteriors when I obtained an estimate that I had that area repaired a few years back but that it still leaked on occasion, hence one of the reasons for getting a new roof. While they have always been VERY responsive, I felt that the quality of work was not an "A" rating and lower it to "C" average. I realize anyone can make a mistake and they were very apologetic. Unfortunately, now I am concerned about the overall workmanship of the job. There hasn't been a heavy rain since so I don't know if it will happen again. read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsThis was our first extensive rehab and we were very impressed by Gary and his crew. They were punctual and produced quality work. The ugly house is now beautiful! Their work will help us sell the house quickly. They promised to have the house completed by Christmas and they were true to their word. We found out on the Monday before Christmas that they worked through the weekend in the rain to finish the job. Very dedicated, professional and trustworthy. I would consider Home Exteriors for future rehabs read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsDON AND HIS HELPER PUT IN OUR NEW DOORS, INSTALLED THE NEW WINDOWS AND DID THE NECESSARY CARPENTRY TO DOWNSIZE OUR WINDOWS. THE FRONT FROM A 12'X6' TO A 8'X5'. THE WINDOWS ARE FANTASTIC,THE CARPENTRY WORK TOP JOB! OUR DRY WALL WAS PERFECTION. THE CLEAN UP WAS TERRIFIC. OUR NEW DOORS WERE INSTALLED BY THE SAME PERSON AND GREAT. NOLAN PUT ON OUR SIDING. NEIGHBORS HAVE STOPPED TO FIND OUT INSTALLERS NAME. IT LOOKS SO GOOD. THOSE IN THE KNOW STATE THAT THE JOB IS TOP NOTCH! THE GUTTER MEN WERE HERE AND DID A FINE JOB, NO COMPLAINTS. THE WINDOW IN OUR DOOR WAS FOUND TO HAVE A SCRATCH. WE AWAIT THE WARRANTY TO MAKE CORRECTION OR ADJUSTMENTS. I WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE HOME EXTERIORS COME OUT AGAIN FOR ANY WORK. PEOPLE ARE ON TIME, COURTEOUS AND CONCERNED ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WISHES. OUR DAUGHTER HOPES TO HAVE THEM OUT NEXT YEAR FOR WINDOW WORK. WE CHECKED MANY PLACES GETTING ESTIMATES. HOME EXTERIORS WAS THE LEAST EXPENSIVE CONSIDERING WORK NEEDED DONE. WE ARE MOST APPRECIATIVE read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsMark Martinis came out & gave me a price that was acceptable. Job started a week earlier then expected which was great as company was coming from Florida. Tony Piazza stopped by the day before the job was to start and checked to make sure he was aware of all that I expected done and answered all my questions. The helper Terry was very efficient and pleasant also read less
Contractors in Avon
- Business Description:Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships wit.. read lessRecent Review:Everyone was polite and on time. Site was pressure washed well before work started and again when completed. Brick sidewalk was repaired. Not satisfied with quality of mortar work, looks sloppy. For the high price I paid, and their own testimonial of their work; I expected much higher quality than what I received, even after they reworked the main section. Honestly it looks like I did the work myself read lessRoss M.
- Business Description:We R Gas. We R Excavating. OVER 30 years of Experience. Dominion Comfort Contractor, D.O.T. Certification. We are a small customer friendly business, that stand behind our work 100%. Reasonable prices, and Low down payments. Checks, cash, and (SOON) all major credit cards accepted read less
- Business Description:T & R Home Repair Plus has over 25 years experience in the home repair, renovation and electrical services industry. We serve Lorain County & the surrounding areas ( Within 50 Miles of Lorain County) We offer a wide variety of services to fit the needs of every home owner read less
- Business Description:Prior to founding Radiant Windows in 2001, my wife and I traveled around the country and different parts of the world designing windows, equipment, and factories for the window industry. We know windows. We are truly experts when it comes to helping people to make the right choices when deciding to purchase new windows and doors and all the little details that go with them and within their budget read lessRecent Review:I am very satisfied with all the works that they did, everything was done very well. They were professional and on time.michael b.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated Roofing Contractor since 1979! Celebrating 35 years, we are dedicated to servicing our residential & commercial customers in the areas of: Repairs, New Roofs, Chimney & Masonry work, Slate and Tile, Gutters & Home Renovations! DBA U Trash It Dumpster Rentals read lessRecent Review:Brad Smith Roofing Company did nothing short of a superior job: quote, materials delivery and most importantly, the roofing project itself: tear-off, install, clean-up - all 100% flawless!!! The roof is not only beautiful, but provides peace of mind to us that we had a quality company do the job with a reliable warranty. Thanks to Sean Masterson and the entire team of individuals who were on the jobsite. We've received many compliments about the roof and feel confident more business will be coming your way. Thanks again for a beautiful job. Please tell the team that was here - nice work read lessCraig O.
- Business Description:Registered, Insured, & Bonded with most cities in: Cuyahoga, Lake, & Geauga County and surrounding areas. Family owned and operated business. All of our roofing workers are employees, not subcontractors. References Available Upon Request. Family owned & operated. Free Estimates. We guarantee honesty, integrity, reliability, & professionalism read lessRecent Review:I've used them for a couple of years. I also referred them to clients of mine. They were very honest and do quality work.Diana F.
- Business Description:Fast, Affordable, & Dependable. Over 35 years in business, Family Owned and operated. We specialize in the complete exterior envelope, Windows, Siding, Roofing, Gutters and Doors. What's in your future? Maybe a new roof for your home or possibly a complete exterior makeover? Talk with one of our roofing, window or siding professionals to find the action that best fits your needs. We're happy to make some repairs to buy you some time, or make a replacement if it is needed. You want a contract.. read lessRecent Review:From beginning to end, it was fantastic!! Lisa, Gary and Katlyn were very professional and so courteous. Would like to point out that Lisa especially was so wonderful, she new we were in the process of selling our home and needed the work done soon. She came through for us and got the job completed. Can't say enough about her. And not to forget....the crew was outstanding as well!! Thank you Home Exteriors and thank you Lisa read lessrobert p.
- Business Description:Make your mark on the world through a stable foundation designed for permanence with home design and renovation aimed to preserve and nurture the relationships that matter most. Odell Construction is building rooms of distinction designed with the intention to be treasured and appreciated for years to come. Making way for the safeguard of the things that make life worthwhile through integrity, mastery, and innovation. It’s time to provide your family with the home they deserve. read lessRecent Review:Quality of work was excellent. Very professional. Wonderful design team. Would highly recommend them!Laura C.
- Business Description:Complete home remodeling since 1983.
- Business Description:Our team has over 20 years of construction, remodeling, and related experience in residential and light commercial projects. Additional DBA - Przbuilders.com. Additional Contact Name - Christopher Przela. Additional Email - Chrisprzela@gmail.com read lessRecent Review:My wife and I were very impressed with Chris and his crew. We had a master bath added, wood floors refinished, porch railing fabricated and installed, basement windows replaced, closet added to guest room, office finished in basement, porch insulated, lighting added, replaced 2 exterior doors and full interior painted. Chris was professional and easy to work with. The workmanship was beautiful. We have and will recommend him to anyone looking for work on their homes read lessMo L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Avon Lake
- Sheffield Lake
- North Ridgeville
- North Olmsted
- Bay Village
- Olmsted Falls
- Rocky River
- Fairview Park
- Brook Park
- Columbia Station
- Middleburg Heights
- Parma Heights
- South Amherst
general contractors in Avon
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & G Trucking17669 Pioneer Rd
- A A PAINTING & HANDYMAN SERVICES3363 W 30TH ST
- A RELIABLE CONSTRUCTION SERVICES1467 Olivewood Ave
- A to Z Contractors14484 Bass Lake Rd
- ABSOLUTE REPAIRS LLC15507 EDGEWOOD AVE
Maple Heights, Ohio
- Ackworth Construction2237 Watson Marshall Rd
Mc Donald, Ohio
- Adambuilt LLC33941 Lorain Rd
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Adria Design156 Lear Rd
Avon Lake, Ohio
- AFFORDABLE RENOVATIONS L L C1128 OAKWOOD DR
- AFTER HOURS CABINET SHOP37 MAIN ST
- ALL AMERICAN DRYWALLP.O. Box 67201
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- All City Roofing And Construction, Inc.7967 Tilby Rd
North Royalton, Ohio
- ALL NATURAL LIGHTING SOLUTIONS4057 Clague Rd
North Olmsted, Ohio
- All Phase Construction9881 Beechwood Dr
North Royalton, Ohio
- All Phase Remodeling & Mechanicals, Inc.972 Nela View Rd
- ALL TECH ELECTRIC LLC1080 BASSETT RD STE B
- All Weather Builders & Remodeling LLC3181 West 139th
- All-Star Contracting LLCPo Box 35522
- Allen Construction & Maintenance, LLC1128 24th St
- ALLSTATE BUILDERS & REMODELING38025 DETROIT RD
- AllStyle Home Improvement5649 Opal St.
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Ally Builders15215 Darrow Rd
- American Building & Restoration / Americlean37233 Carleen Ave
- American Eagle Energy Conservation Services437 Florida Ave
- AMERICAN SHUTTER19199 Temple Have a wonderful day !
- Apollo Builders1179 Haverston Rd
- Architectural Advantage Of Ohio, Inc.8044 Maddock Rd.
- Arenesse Construction and Remodeling7534 mayfield rd
- Arnett Construction & Excavating50 Meadowbrook drive
- Athanas Builders & Alterations LLC3358 Livingston Ave
- Authentic Waterproofing Inc.1364 Canton Rd.
- A & G Trucking
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements6088 Pearl Road
Parma Hts, Ohio
- B. Legrand Design :: Build, Ltd.4065 Erie Street
- Baird Brothers Sawmill Inc7060 Crory Rd
- Baldini Remodeling6448 Claudia Dr
- Ball General Contractors393 Northeast Ave.
- Band of brothers restoration LLC7855 stone rd
- Barbera Home Improvement5376 Ridge Rd
- baumhardt builderspo box 284
- BB Restoration & Coatings1430 David Ave.
- BeastMasters Home Improvement11911 Hamlen Ave
- Beautiful Home Contracting Ltd6100 Oak Tree Blvd #200
- Behory Remodeling15950 Richard Dr.
Brook Park, Ohio
- BEHRINGER DESIGN & REMODELING874 W RIVER RD
Valley City, Ohio
- Bell Construction5138 State Rt 43
- Bella Remodeling857 Barlow Rd
- Bella's Home Construction17140 shurmer rd
- Bene Brothers1293 Donald Ave
- Biltmore Exteriors2664 Cleveland Ave SW
- Birch Construction LLC14441 Whitney Rd
- BLOCH BUILDING INC1025 COLUMBIA RD
Valley City, Ohio
- Bolt Construction299 Greenview Dr
- Borchert's Enclosure System Inc13566 Ridge Rd
North Royalton, Ohio
- Bower Construction & Remodeling, LLCP.O. Box 40152
Bay Village, Ohio
- Brad Smith Roofing Co Inc24550 Sperry Dr Ste # 2
- Brothers Building4920 Allison Ave
Lake Wales, Florida
- Buckeye Exteriors LLC3071 Timberbrook Dr
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Bullington Builders4900 Ferndale Ave
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
- BUTCH KLIMEK ROOFING10701 DORMAE CT
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements
- C and S Service5401 DARTMOUTH
- C&B CONSTRUCTION CO.#1 LTD17325 EUCLID Avenue
- C&G Contracting22351 Fairlawn Circle
Fairview Park, Ohio
- c. calhoun construction and custom interiors636 Hill St
- Cadillac Walls1184 Plainfield Rd
- CALDWELL CO LLC526 South Main Street 211
- Call Rick Contractor307 W. 13th St,
- Capps Enterprises1371 W 114th St
- Caraballo Custom Home Inc2998 Alden Dr
- Carpentry by William Anth1464 Robinwood Ave
- Carpentry DOC Ltd5195 Columbia Rd
- Carrara Construction3774 Congress Pkwy
- CC Contracting24850 Aurora Rd Ste E
- Cerha Kitchen & Bath8541 E Washington St
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- Cherokee Construction & Home Renovations797 Chenook Trail
- Chris Demkow Design Companies1305 W. 80th St 119
- CHRONISTER TREE FARM2825 SHARON COPLEY RD
- CK Home repair25151 Brookpark Rd 1507
North Olmsted, Ohio
- CLE Plumbing and Maintenance1244 Sunset Road
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
- Cleveland Artisans4870 W 12th St
- Cleveland Handyman Services8222 Kenilworth Ave
- CNECPP Companies3975 S Hametown Rd
- Cohen's Painting & Papering LLC8343 Villa Marina Ct
- Constructions Needs899 Herrick Rd
- CONTEMPO STONEWORKS & RENOVATIONS LLC4086 Rochester Road 103
- Cornett Roofing Systems1442 Amy Lane
- Country Homes & Remodeling LLC4044 Highland Dr
- Creative Colors International17413 Woodford Ave
- CURB APPEAL PAINTING26351 Curtiss Wright Pkwy
- Custom Craft Builders5010 Mayfield Rd Ste 109
- Custom Interior Creations11240 Hawke rd.
Columbia Station, Ohio
- Custom Painting and Remodeling4704 Forest Edge Dr.
- Custom Stairs and Finishes Inc6440 Norwalk Rd Ste H
- C and S Service