Dover Home Remodelers Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 1997

Quality. Reliability. Results. Since 1984, Dover Home Remodelers has earned our reputation as the most trusted, skilled and innovative design/build firm in Northeast Ohio. We’ve built our business on not only marquee renovation projects, but rather, on exceptional customer experiences. Our talented

Transforming A Family Basement Into A Stylish, Sophisticated Entertainment Space

basement remodeling

201944145
The original finished basement was perfect for this young family when they purchased their home in 2003. Fourteen years later, they had outgrown their basic, run-of-the-mill basement: It was time to create a more sophisticated and functional living space to reflect their current lifestyle. At the top of the wish list was an inviting wine tasting area to explore the wine they had been collecting throughout their domestic and international travels. Comfortable seating to watch television and play games was also important for the family of six. A pool table for family and friends to enjoy balanced the space. Opening the staircase, rustic doors, stone walls and dramatic lighting complete this updated, refined entertainment space.   The new basement also includes a workout area/home gym, an updated half-bathroom and stylishly-hidden storage space.
View project

4.2

home remodeling (60)door installation (5)interior painting (5)woodworking (5)plumbers (5)flooring (5)tile installation (5)window replacement (4)drywall (4)decks & porches (4)siding companies (3)interior decorators (3)

11/02/2020

Andrew J.

Dover completely remodeled our master bathroom. New tile, fixtures, and light in shower. New custom vanity with a cabinet on the counter to hide the cords from devices like hair dryers and beard trimmers. New tile floor. Moved the existing door opening slightly and installed a barn door, New light fixture and fan. New drywall, new subfloor, and replaced some uneven framing in the ceiling. It looks great and we are very happy with the way it turned out.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

Review for Dover Home Remodelers Inc - 29341 Lorain Rd, North Olmsted, OH - 38996163

11/01/2020

Sharon H.

Dover is an excellent company to work with. Very professional and dependable. Work was very detailed. Room was always cleaned up at the end of each day. Workers were very professional. Good contact throughout the project. Would highly recommend. Will use ourselves for any future projects.

Description of Work
Remodel sun room.

Category flooring contractor, interior painters, sunrooms

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

Leslie R.

The project went very smoothly. I now have a beautiful bathroom, master closet and deck. Everything turned out perfectly. I would highly recommend Dover. Everyone is so professional and great!

Description of Work
Bath/Bedroom Remodel

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

CHRIS V.

The team at Dover is excellent. They attention to details. Not only for the project and design but also to things that are important to the client like cleaning up each day, concern for their pets, great communication. I highly recommend them

Description of Work
N/A

Category remodeling, fireplaces, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

Kim M.

good. They listened and understood what we needed. The cabinets are beautiful

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets refreshed

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

05/17/2019

Nicole C.

Back in the fall of 2017 Kerry was the design consultant that came to my home. She was not the best first impression of the company. She did not come across as friendly or a ‘people person’ which I would think should be necessary when you are coming into people’s homes to try and get their business - she came across very timid and almost insecure. During the initial meeting and several subsequent phone conversations I was put off by her lack of personality. Dover was one of five estimates I received (all from A rated Angie’s list companies) and they were the most expensive for the least amount of work. Kerry gave me an estimate of a minimum of 85k for the master renovation, which include keeping the exact same layout and just replacing everything with mid level cabinetry, flooring, and mid level finishes. In comparison the second most expensive estimate I received was 60k and it included redoing the layout and moving things around, including adding walls for an enclosed toilet room and moving a wall for a master closet expansion as well. The kid’s bathroom estimate was also the highest of the five I received 20-30k for a tiny jack n Jill. I know Dover does beautiful work - I’ve seen two houses they’ve done but their prices are ridiculously high.

Description of Work
Consultation for design and estimates for a kids jack-n-Jill bathroom remodel and a master bathroom remodel.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for taking the time to review your estimate for your 2017 remodel. We are known for our exceptional customer service as well as our commitment to workmanship and quality and I regret that we didn't meet your expectations. We are confident that our pricing is competitive for the work and products that we quoted, and if you have questions about our process, please reach out to us directly at 440.777.7555

04/22/2019

Jeff P.

Initially very responsive to meet with me to review project. Never heard back from them after meeting them at the site. Tried to call a couple of times and they wouldn't take my call, wouldn't return my calls. Very unprofessional. If they didn't want to do the project they should have politely declined.

Description of Work
Two story porch tear down and rebuild

Category decks, home builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

01/02/2019

Benjamin L.

Working with Dover was an absolute pleasure. Everyone in the company was professional and courteous. They were on time for all aspects of the job, and the work was expertly done. My wife and I are pleased with how everything came out, and Dover made the whole process really easy. It was great not having to worry about anything, knowing that their team would take care of everything. We would definitely hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

07/26/2017

Vikas J.

We are very happy with the quality of the repair. Exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
A cabinet door was repaired.

Category woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

06/15/2017

katharine R.

..................................................................................

Description of Work
.......................................................................

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

05/15/2017

KAREN B.

They did excellent work. If I saw something wrong, they would correct it right away. I am very happy. They do beautiful work; everyone that has seen my bathrooms since they remodeled them has complimented the work. They really know what they are doing.

Description of Work
They remodeled 2.5 bathrooms in my home. The master bathroom, full bathroom, and half bathroom.

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

01/23/2017

Barbara M.

They did an excellent job, pleasure to work with. Stayed on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel replace garden window

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/23/2017

08/19/2015

Teresa M.

Dover was the 2nd quote for our project and even though their quote was higher, they were more professional which helped us feel confident in hiring them. They were very thorough throughout the entire process and we are very happy with our new doors and shutters. The doors required painting and the painter they subcontracted did an excellent job as well.

Description of Work
Replaced shutters and 2 exterior doors to our house, repaired siding issue and brick mold issue around our garage

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 07/20/2015

03/21/2015

Ann R.

They were wonderful, they went above and beyond, easy to work with, and did everything to our liking.

Description of Work
They remodeled our bathroom.

Work Completed On 05/15/2013

02/12/2015

James D.

Dover treated us extremely well from the very beginning; we never felt like another customer of theirs was more important. They listened to everything we wanted to accomplish within our budget and came back with some great ideas we had not thought of ourselves. Their designer, Dave, accompanied us to pick out cabinets and countertops as well as flooring and tile. He offered his advice but was never pushy with his opinions. Despite having wait two months to begin construction (which is what all of the contractors we talked to were quoting at the time), Dover started work the day they quoted on the contract. Very few issues came up during the construction project and the production manager, Dan, was quick to take care of them when they did. Their workers were extremely friendly and did a great job keeping the place reasonably clean. All of their subcontractors were also courteous and made sure to introduce themselves when they arrived the first day. The project was completed one day after their estimated date and that was due solely to an issue outside of their control with a supplier. We couldn't be happier with the results and would highly recommend Dover.

Description of Work
We went through a fairly large kitchen renovation over an 8-week period. Dover worked with us on all aspects from the initial layout and design, through choosing materials, and finally acted as general contractor on the project. We removed a wall between our kitchen and formal dining room, installed all new cabinets, countertops, flooring, appliances, and fixtures. We also replaced multiple existing doors, added a new exterior door, and upgraded the electrical wiring.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 12/08/2014

01/20/2015

Jenna D.

The visit went well. Dave was very professtional, and very nice. He had several good ideas and made us feel comfortable with Dover Home Remodelers as a company. Upon further conversation we told him that our realtor gave us a max we should spend on the renovation to not over-invest in the house since we are looking to sell in the next 2-4 years. This was made very clear and Dave seemed to understand. We were told he would get in touch with us in about a week to 10 days to provide us a quote. About a week later, Dave called and said the renovatioin would probably cost anywhere from $10-20K more than our budget. I understand that kitchen renovations are not cheap, but I was very disappointed that he did not provide me alternative options to get the cost within my budget. He didn't seem to try to make the renovation fit into our budget - other contractors I have worked with provided me different options or even eliminated some small "wish list" items to help get the price down. It made me think they didn't want the job. Additionally, a written quote was not provided to itemize what he was quoting me for - he simply called me to give me the price. He indicated that would cost me $750 if I wanted an acutal quote. I am not sure what type of educated customer would agree to do business with a company who does not provide a written, itemized quote. Highly dissappointed. My initial encounter with them was very pleasant, but ended on kind of a sour note. We will not be considering Dover Home Remodelers for any further home remodeling.

Description of Work
The provider came out to our house to discuss a kitchen renovation that we wanted to do.

Work Completed On 01/20/2015

01/09/2015

Charles D.

It was fine. I liked their design work and the process. They had good management. They did a nice job on everything. They charge premium prices but you get a better quality.

Description of Work
They remodeled the bathroom.

Work Completed On 03/11/2014

01/08/2015

MARY G.

It was very nice. Scheduling was very good.

Description of Work
They made a new door for my shed.

Category doors

Work Completed On 07/15/2014

12/23/2014

Jane S.

It took longer than it should

Description of Work
Bathroom

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 07/01/2013

08/08/2014

Joseph K.

Not much to tell. They did a great job and it only took them 3 weeks start to finish. There was a couple of down days waiting for the cabinets to be delivered.

Description of Work
They remodeled my kitchen Removed a wall Removed counter tops, cabinets, updated plumbing and electrical. Installed new circuit breaker box Repaired ceiling where wall was and matched the ceiling texture perfectly Installed new cabinets, counter top, sink and faucet. (I purchased the sink and faucet) Installed new appliances (which I purchased) Installed a counter (nook) where the wall was with counter top They skim coated all the walls. (I primed and painted)

Category drywall, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2014

05/17/2014

Molly S.

I'm not as happy as I thought as I would be. Some of the fixtures that were picked out were not what I was looking for. I am not impressed by the designer's choices.

Description of Work
We contacted them, signed a contract, and are going to have them do a bathroom remodel.

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

02/18/2014

Elizabeth J.

I have used them before and I kind of alternate between another company and them. They are a very good company. I ended up in the hospital when they were supposed to come and then it got delayed. The are nice and easy to work with. I feel comfortable with them. I trust them. I like their work, so I keep them. They have done a number of things in the past; they have put in an addition in the back of my house, etc.

Description of Work
Dover Home Remodelers, Inc., took down the wallpaper from a couple of rooms, re-papered one room, painted the other one, repaired the ceiling, put in a new door, which is a french door and did a lot of extra things, but they did not charge me for the extra things.

Category remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/13/2013