Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Avon Lake, OH
There are 47 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Avon Lake
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and Windows9/10 Mark and crew are honest and communicate effectively Job had some bumps along the way but we never felt like we were getting the runaround
- Keselman Construction Group, IncOverall, we had a very good experience with the Kesselman group. We are so pleased with the walk-in-closet and master bathroom remodel on our 2nd floor and the craftsmanship has held up very well so far. While definitely not the least expense option when it came to contractors/builder teams, we are really happy we ended up going with them. They were considerate, cleaned up nicely after the project was done, and seemed to contact out to quality services. We would higher them again if we were ever to do another addition
- Keselman Construction Group, IncKeselman did an amazing job of doubling the square footage of my bathroom while updating the classic look of a 1920's era cape code home.
- Keselman Construction Group, IncI had a wonderful experience with Keselman. They remodeled my basement, kitchen and main bathroom. I worked with their designer Jessica, to pick out the layout for my kitchen, cabinets, countertops, flooring and fixtures. She was helpful and a pleasure. All of the workers that were onsite were professional and extremely trustworthy. The communication from my project manager Sergiy, was awesome. He would let me know each morning if they would be working and went over all the details with me. They were always willing to adjust the scope of work to add additional items I thought of as the project progressed. Also, if any mistakes were made they were quick to correct them and make it right. The final product looks amazing and I would highly recommend them
- A&W Home RepairAbe was outstanding. Work was done quickly and professional. Did everything that was promised. I would hire again for all my projects. Absolutely made the right decision hiring A & W Home Repair
- A&W Home RepairAbe did an excellent job! He is affordable, punctual, and cleaned up afterwards. He is very knowledgable on home repair, and I will definitely hire him again for future services!
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsVery pleasant to deal with and so trustworthy in my absence. Gary was so quick to respond to my request for quote and made his team available in a very short period of time. The roof came off, he judged fairly when plywood had to be replaced, and detected some structural issues on the roof line. He communicated with me via text very frequently to keep me up to speed on what was happening. He brought in a mason for those repairs and will complete the flashing this week. It was a wonderful experience as my business often has me away and he took care of everything. I have never personally met him but happily handed over the cost of the job knowing he handled it exceedingly well. Thank you, Gary. JOB well done
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsAmazing experience. Not only was my home completely transformed, but Gary & Dave were incredible to work with every step of the way! The installers were fast, clean & worked w/extremely high quality standards! Highly recommend them!
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsI was very pleased with the quality of their work, and I really appreciate Dave coming out a few days after I called to give me a really good quote. He was very upfront and honest, and in no way did I get the impression that he was trying to upsize me or pressure me into a sale. He was very laid back, knowledgeable, and gave me a good deal on the work I wanted completed. The only very minor issue we had is it took them some time to actually get the project started (about four weeks) after I gave them the ok... but it was their busy season and he always kept me up-to-date. I have no complaints at all in regards to the quality of work. Dave came out and we discussed a few different colors- the color he recommended was perfect and works really well. The contractor that came out had the work completed in two days, and the attached siding was snug and fit tight against the house/roof. He also did a good job of sealing the ends of the coil. My biggest concern was making sure the siding/coin was well attached, as I can't tell you how many times I've come across siding dangling off or coming off after a storm. After inspecting his work, it was clear the coil was attached well and wasn't going anywhere. Overall, I would highly recommend Home Exteriors as they gave me a wonderful price and the workmanship was of quality
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsGary gave a detailed estimate and was patient as I got other estimates and had new questions. It was a large project involving removing 3 layers of roofing (bottom layer was wood shake shingle, no decking).While not the lowest estimate, it was the lowest with the most experience and great Angie's list & BBB ratings. The roofing was removed, decking put on, new roofing installed, fascia board was replaced along with new gutters and downspouts. The chimneys were tuck pointed and chimney caps put on. The roofing took about 3 days once they started. A crew of 8 worked very hard. Crew manager, Brandon, was very helpful and found a great solution to the problem of what to do with the gap left along the siding edges when 3 layers of roofing was only 1 layer. Brandon was very helpful, answering all my questions as they went along. The clean-up was good (I did find a few nails, and some splinters of shake shingle but I'm sure some was stuck in the large shrubs). The did tarp the attic and did a decent clean-up of the attic. It took 8 days before the gutter crew came out, and while not a big problem it was a little annoying. Overall I am very satisfied and would recommend Home Exteriors
Contractors in Avon Lake
- Business Description:OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS. CHARGES AN HOURLY RATE $ 67.- TRAVEL CHARGES $20.-Recent Review:Vendor did not even return my phone call.COLLEEN M.
- Business Description:full service wood shop, design, build, install.cabinetry, trim, furniture, etc.
- Business Description:Registered, Insured, & Bonded with most cities in: Cuyahoga, Lake, & Geauga County and surrounding areas. Family owned and operated business. All of our roofing workers are employees, not subcontractors. References Available Upon Request. Family owned & operated. Free Estimates. We guarantee honesty, integrity, reliability, & professionalismRecent Review:I've used them for a couple of years. I also referred them to clients of mine. They were very honest and do quality work.Diana F.
- Business Description:Quality. Reliability. Results. Since 1984, Dover Home Remodelers has earned our reputation as the most trusted, skilled and innovative design/build firm in Northeast Ohio. We’ve built our business on not only marquee renovation projects, but rather, on exceptional customer experiences. Our talented design and architectural team works to blend your dreams and ideas with our knowledge and experience, for standout results that exceed your every expectation. Because we have an architect on staff,..Recent Review:Dover completely remodeled our master bathroom. New tile, fixtures, and light in shower. New custom vanity with a cabinet on the counter to hide the cords from devices like hair dryers and beard trimmers. New tile floor. Moved the existing door opening slightly and installed a barn door, New light fixture and fan. New drywall, new subfloor, and replaced some uneven framing in the ceiling. It looks great and we are very happy with the way it turned outAndrew J.
- Business Description:4-6 employees. Uses subs larger jobs. Cost is determined by the job. May contact through email. No travel charges. No service fees.Recent Review:Eddie and his team have completed 3 renovations for me over the years. I highly recommend this company, you can’t go wrong. I have included a photo of my most recent project, the bathroom.Mindalore H.
- Business Description:5 employees. Uses subs for roofing, windows, siding & enclosure. Cost is determined by the job. Award wining. Additional contact name - Bob Polk. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org. Bob Dutton, additional email bob.dutton @fairviewhomeimp.com, Chuck Svoboda, additional email Chuck.email@example.comRecent Review:Very happy with the job. Fairview Home Improvement was the only one to respond to my job requestLizbeth P.
- Business Description:Fast, Affordable, & Dependable. Over 35 years in business, Family Owned and operated. We specialize in the complete exterior envelope, Windows, Siding, Roofing, Gutters and Doors. What's in your future? Maybe a new roof for your home or possibly a complete exterior makeover? Talk with one of our roofing, window or siding professionals to find the action that best fits your needs. We're happy to make some repairs to buy you some time, or make a replacement if it is needed. You want a contract..Recent Review:Dave, our sales rep (and also one of the owners of the company) was great to work with. He personally came out to our house to see what we needed done and we discussed everything with him. He provided us a no pressure quote for new windows for our entire house, back porch and a new porch entry door, plus gutter guards as well. The installers did a great job as they did a complete tear out of our old windows and trim. It was a much needed improvement to our homeChris G.
- Business Description:Neubert Painting is Northeast Ohio’s leading residential painting contractor, offering quality, affordable and responsible painting services, both interior painting and exterior painting. We offer the following services - Traditional Exterior Housepainting - Exterior Wood Staining - Aluminum Siding Refinishing - Interior Painting Additional phone - (216) 701-4331. Additional DBAs - Neubert Aluminum Refinishing Inc, Vinyl Siding Refinishing, Neubert Painting Interiors Inc, Neubert Staining Inc..Recent Review:they were very good. punctual and did a nice job as far as clean up and leaving things in a good situation -- JulyBud C.
- Business Description:T & R Home Repair Plus has over 25 years experience in the home repair, renovation and electrical services industry. We serve Lorain County & the surrounding areas ( Within 50 Miles of Lorain County) We offer a wide variety of services to fit the needs of every home ownerRecent Review:Great response time Very professional Great pricing Will hire againRebecca N.
- Business Description:PuroClean, a leader in property emergency services, helps families and businesses overcome the devastating setbacks caused by water, fire, mold and other conditions resulting in property damage. Each of our independently owned franchises pledge to do whatever it takes to respond, restore and rescue properties in all of the communities we serve. Additional DBA - PuroSystems Inc. Additional phone - (800) 775-7876
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Sheffield Lake
- Bay Village
- North Olmsted
- North Ridgeville
- Rocky River
- Fairview Park
- Olmsted Falls
- Brook Park
- Columbia Station
- Middleburg Heights
- Parma Heights
- South Amherst
general contractors in Avon Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & G Trucking17669 Pioneer Rd
- A A PAINTING & HANDYMAN SERVICES3363 W 30TH ST
- A RELIABLE CONSTRUCTION SERVICES1467 Olivewood Ave
- A to Z Contractors14484 Bass Lake Rd
- ABSOLUTE REPAIRS LLC15507 EDGEWOOD AVE
Maple Heights, Ohio
- Ackworth Construction2237 Watson Marshall Rd
Mc Donald, Ohio
- Adambuilt LLC33941 Lorain Rd
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Adria Design156 Lear Rd
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Adrian's Home Remodeling, LLC1308 E.359th Street
- AFFORDABLE RENOVATIONS L L C1128 OAKWOOD DR
- AFTER HOURS CABINET SHOP37 MAIN ST
- ALL AMERICAN DRYWALLP.O. Box 67201
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- All City Roofing And Construction, Inc.7967 Tilby Rd
North Royalton, Ohio
- ALL NATURAL LIGHTING SOLUTIONS4057 Clague Rd
North Olmsted, Ohio
- All Phase Construction9881 Beechwood Dr
North Royalton, Ohio
- All Phase Remodeling & Mechanicals, Inc.972 Nela View Rd
- ALL TECH ELECTRIC LLC1080 BASSETT RD STE B
- All Weather Builders & Remodeling LLC3181 West 139th
- All-Star Contracting LLCPo Box 35522
- Allen Construction & Maintenance, LLC1128 24th St
- AllStyle Home Improvement5649 Opal St.
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Ally Builders15215 Darrow Rd
- American Building & Restoration / Americlean37233 Carleen Ave
- American Eagle Energy Conservation Services437 Florida Ave
- AMERICAN SHUTTER19199 Temple Have a wonderful day !
- Apollo Builders1179 Haverston Rd
- Architectural Advantage Of Ohio, Inc.8044 Maddock Rd.
- Arnett Construction & Excavating50 Meadowbrook drive
- Athanas Builders & Alterations LLC3358 Livingston Ave
- Authentic Waterproofing Inc.1364 Canton Rd.
- A & G Trucking
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements6088 Pearl Road
Parma Hts, Ohio
- B. Legrand Design :: Build, Ltd.4065 Erie Street
- Baird Brothers Sawmill Inc7060 Crory Rd
- Baldini Remodeling6448 Claudia Dr
- Ball General Contractors393 Northeast Ave.
- Band of brothers restoration LLC7855 stone rd
- Barbera Home Improvement5376 Ridge Rd
- baumhardt builderspo box 284
- BeastMasters Home Improvement11911 Hamlen Ave
- Beautiful Home Contracting Ltd6100 Oak Tree Blvd #200
- Behory Remodeling15950 Richard Dr.
Brook Park, Ohio
- BEHRINGER DESIGN & REMODELING874 W RIVER RD
Valley City, Ohio
- Bell Construction5138 State Rt 43
- Bella Remodeling857 Barlow Rd
- Bella's Home Construction17140 shurmer rd
- Bene Brothers1293 Donald Ave
- Biltmore Exteriors2664 Cleveland Ave SW
- Birch Construction LLC14441 Whitney Rd
- BLOCH BUILDING INC1025 COLUMBIA RD
Valley City, Ohio
- Bolt Construction299 Greenview Dr
- Borchert's Enclosure System Inc13566 Ridge Rd
North Royalton, Ohio
- Bower Construction & Remodeling, LLCP.O. Box 40152
Bay Village, Ohio
- Brad Smith Roofing Co Inc24550 Sperry Dr Ste # 2
- Brothers Building4920 Allison Ave
Lake Wales, Florida
- Buckeye Exteriors LLC3071 Timberbrook Dr
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Bullington Builders4900 Ferndale Ave
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
- BUTCH KLIMEK ROOFING10701 DORMAE CT
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements
- C and S Service5401 DARTMOUTH
- C&B CONSTRUCTION CO.#1 LTD17325 EUCLID Avenue
- C&G Contracting22351 Fairlawn Circle
Fairview Park, Ohio
- c. calhoun construction and custom interiors636 Hill St
- Cadillac Walls1184 Plainfield Rd
- CALDWELL CO LLC526 South Main Street 211
- Call Rick Contractor307 W. 13th St,
- Capps Enterprises1371 W 114th St
- Caraballo Custom Home Inc2998 Alden Dr
- Carpentry DOC Ltd5195 Columbia Rd
- Carrara Construction3774 Congress Pkwy
- CC Contracting24850 Aurora Rd Ste E
- Cerha Kitchen & Bath8541 E Washington St
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- Cherokee Construction & Home Renovations797 Chenook Trail
- Chris Demkow Design Companies1305 W. 80th St 119
- CHRONISTER TREE FARM2825 SHARON COPLEY RD
- CK Home repair25151 Brookpark Rd 1507
North Olmsted, Ohio
- CLE Plumbing and Maintenance1244 Sunset Road
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
- Cleveland Artisans4870 W 12th St
- Cleveland Handyman Services8222 Kenilworth Ave
- CNECPP Companies3975 S Hametown Rd
- Cochran's Remodeling and Construction LLC.170 Fox Run Dr.
Munroe Falls, Ohio
- Cohen's Painting & Papering LLC8343 Villa Marina Ct
- Constructions Needs899 Herrick Rd
- CONTEMPO STONEWORKS & RENOVATIONS LLC4086 Rochester Road 103
- Cornett Roofing Systems1442 Amy Lane
- Country Homes & Remodeling LLC4044 Highland Dr
- Creative Colors International17413 Woodford Ave
- CURB APPEAL PAINTING26351 Curtiss Wright Pkwy
- Custom Craft Builders5010 Mayfield Rd Ste 109
- Custom Interior Creations11240 Hawke rd.
Columbia Station, Ohio
- Custom Painting and Remodeling4704 Forest Edge Dr.
- Custom Stairs and Finishes Inc6440 Norwalk Rd Ste H
- C and S Service