Need to make an educated decision when hiring a contractor to waterproof your home's basement? Here's what you need to know when making a hiring decision.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Lancaster, NY
There are 12 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Lancaster
- Real Dry Waterproofing - ScituateCurt was very responsive. We talked by phone and texted and he scheduled a visit based on my convenience. He assessed my basement thoroughly, and listened carefully when I explained my goals, budget, and concerns. He is very knowledgeable and had great advice on how to save money but also reach my goals. A few days, later, his quote arrived by email as promised. His quote was competitive and he was generous with his time when I had follow up questions. Ultimately I chose another vendor but would highly recommend Curt for basement waterproofing because of his service and expertise
- All Aspects WaterproofingAAW was a life saver. My basement flooded during the August rainstorm with inches of water covering the floor on two occasions. AAW provided the most timely and professional estimate of work to repair the breach and seal both the area affected or the entire basement. Being short of money I went against AAW's recommendation and opted for the local fix. Sure enough, big rains 6 weeks later led to flooding in a different area of the basement. AAW was utterly great on price by agreeing to do the second job as if it were part of the original job. The tenant at the house was seriously inconvenienced and AAW worked around his schedule, including advancing the dates of the work. They were very clear that the needs of the customer were paramount and they lived that belief every day. AAW also took care and made many welcome suggestions on areas that were not their direct responsibility, such as minimizing follow up tile/drywall repair costs. I am living overseas and throughout this flooding nightmare I was in regular touch with my property manager, tenant, and AAW. It was amply clear to me that AAW demonstrated an exceptional level of professionalism and expertise. That would have been more than enough but AAW also bends over backwards to accommodate the needs of the customer and you always feel you are dealing with empathetic people rather than an impersonal company
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpNoticed a crack a few years ago, this year noticed it was bigger. Got 2 estimates. Not only was Locktight a better price, but the estimate was prompt, the guys worked fast and efficiently, nearly no disturbance to the area. Dug down (by hand!!) identified the broken elbow fitting in pipe, replaced it, waterproofed and sealed crack. Super professional. Would highly recommend
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpDiagnosed problem. Recommended solution. Did not over sell. On time, explained process, gave very precise time estimate. Completed and cleaned everything
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpHad severe leaks in the basement. Called Lock Tight (and others) for estimate. Was given a very comprehensive plan to not only fix leaks but to also move as much water away from the house and work that came with a transferable warranty for 30 years. So although the cost was $23,000 we knew we were not going to go through the **** we endured last fall so we put down a deposit in March. For the next few months we worried that we were spending too much. Then the work began. Three days before there was a moderate rain and the water poured in which helped us cope with the cost. Work began and the job supervisor Tom and his crew arrived and went over every detail of the coming days which began with jack hammering the basement floor. After an hour and 45 minutes they broke for lunch so I of course went downstairs to see the 'damage'. I was astounded to see that in that short amount of time they had managed to complete about 280' of the 300' necessary. The speed of the work was a recurring theme. They had laid a protective membrane over the hardwood floor that led from the basement door to the front door which I am sure is standard among every company that does this type of work. What was extraordinary was at the end of the day when they were preparing to leave. I saw a worker on his hands and knees pulling up the barrier working his was out the front door. Every couple of feet he would reach out and pick up small debris, place it on the barrier and continue folding it up trapping it. This was done everyday. At the end of day one all of the old drain tile had been removed and all concrete debris, stone and clay tile removed. They then in essence power washed the basement floor leaving it cleaner than when they found it. Other highlights: They dug the tranches to tie my downspouts into the Town storm drain but instead of just digging the trench, they removed the grass and rolled it like sod so it could be replaced eliminating any reseeding from me. All I was required to do was water that grass everyday; something that every single person on the crew reminded us of at least once before leaving that afternoon. It felt like they were as concerned with it regrowing as much as we were. At the downspouts and in several locations in the basement are cleanouts so every two years or so I can flush all of the pipes and keep this system like new for many years. They worked through heat, they worked through rain and we never heard anyone complaining which brings me to the crew itself. This was a very physically demanding job and the amount of work they accomplished in one week still amazes me. Every member of the crew was professional and pleasant. no matter who we asked a question to, we were always given an answer. Never did someone tell us we had to ask someone else which showed they were all knowledgeable in their job as well as the specifics of what we had paid.for. Lastly and while perhaps not important to some of you reading this but of immense importance to us was their interaction with our 2 year old daughter. For five days she had strange people coming into her house and making quite a bit of noise so of course she was very curious. Countless times when we would look away she would head over to the areas where, as she put it, 'the boys' were. She oversaw some of the digging as well as he removal of much of the basement debris and no matter how many questions she asked, no matter how tired they were, each and every member of the crew would engage her with a smile on their face. This includes the poor guy who she told to "keep digging." When the day came for them to pack up leave for the last time my daughter was asleep. My wife actually woke her up so that she could say goodbye to her new friends, knowing she would be disappointed if she missed them. I guess maybe the best thing I can say is that we did not buy an in-ground pool or a bathroom or kitchen remodel. We spent $23,000 on work that in fact we cannot even see. We can't show it off or even step back and admire it. Yet knowing this very important job was done with such professionalism and attention to detail as well as the manner in which the crew conducted themselves I don't think we could be happier. I have been and will continue to recommend Lock Tight to everyone
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpThey came in and jackhammered the cement out in the corner of the basement which was about 15 ft. They then put in the new pipe and re-cemented the area. For the crack in the basement wall they dug down outside for the length of the crack (probably close to 6 ft.) and sealed the wall on the outside. They then put a piece of sheeting over the crack on the inside and re-cemented the floor area where they worked on that
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpThe crew that came out was professional polite and explained to me everything they were doing.They even finished the job 1 hour earlier than quoted.They cleaned up after themselves when they were done.I'm very satisfied with there work and will surely recommend Locktight Waterproofing to anyone out there
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpThe wall cracks were repaired from both the outside and inside. This took one day. The drain tile work was amazing in that it also took only one day. For the drain tile, a five man crew did all the work in one day. For both jobs, the crews were professional, prompt, polite, hard-working and as clean as such jobs are possible. One thing I liked is that they worked directly for Locktight under the direction of a very knowledgeable crew chief. Each member of the crew had a specialty that he concentrated on but also worked well in the group when needed. The area was cleaned up well and my stuff was returned to the original locations. The work done by Locktight solved the water problems. If anything else in the basement has a water issue, I would definitely rely on this company
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpWorkmen excavated outside down to foundation to provide exterior repair, then sealed interior, and provided drainage directing covers down to drain tile. Very thorough job. We have had several heavy rains since, of the type that caused heavy leakage into the basement, and so far not a drop has entered. Workman were careful of my plantings. Work was carefully explained. I was able to get a discount by waiting for the company to do my "small job" between other larger works, and did not find this to be a problem. Area was cleaned after work was done
- Locktight Waterproofing CorpThe crew was very professional. They were very clean and organzied. They completed everything on time and i couldnt be happier with the outcome. LockTight is the only company i would ever contract for future jobs. They know what they are doing and they do it right.
Last update on July 28, 2018
Basement Waterproofers in Lancaster
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Avoiding water in your basement starts with implementing effective waterproofing strategies for your home. Check out these seven green basement waterproofing tips to do the job.
A French drain costs around $9,250 to install, but several factors will determine the final price you pay. Learn the cost to install French drains in this guide.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- East Amherst,
- West Seneca,
- Clarence Center,
- East Aurora,
- Orchard Park,
- Darien Center,
waterproofing contractors in Lancaster
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Everything Outdoors6378 Olean Rd
South Wales, New York 14139
- Everything Outdoors
- Ivy Lea Construction765 Walck Road
NORTH TONAWANDA, New York 14120
- Ivy Lea Construction
- Kenmore Home Improvement21 Jamaica Rd
Tonawanda, New York 14150
- Kenmore Home Improvement
- Nickel City Home Service inc25 Osgood Ave
Buffalo, New York 14224
- Nickel City Home Service inc
- R E Peters Landscaping & Drainage8055 Goodrich Rd
Clarence Center, New York 14032
- RAC Engineering PC658 Oliver Street
NORTH TONAWANDA, New York 14120
- RIC Plumbing Inc5984 Dunnigan Rd
LOCKPORT, New York 14094
- Rob YAEGER llc26 Mechanic St
Akron, New York 14001
- Romeo's Superior Home Improvements792 Englewood Ave
Buffalo, New York 14223
- RYAN WATER PROOFING292 CURTIS PKWY
Buffalo, New York 14223
- R E Peters Landscaping & Drainage
- UTECH BASEMENT WATERPROOFING3236 GENESEE ST
Buffalo, New York 14225
- UTECH BASEMENT WATERPROOFING
- Waters Basement Services, Inc.10481 Mill Road
Medina, New York 14103
- Waters Basement Services, Inc.