Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Farmingdale, NY
There are 28 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Farmingdale
- Great Bear Septic ServiceCouldn't be happier with the service we've been receiving from Great Bear Septic over the years. They are professional, take the time to answer our questions, and are unfailingly cheerful. They are a pleasure to work with. When we first purchased our home ten years ago, we had Earthcare take a look at our system. They tried to talk us into a $20,000+ replacement of our system. Something didn't seem quite right, so on the recommendation of friends, we reached out to Great Bear. Ten years later, with regular pumping from Great Bear, system still works great. In addition to all their other fine qualities, the team at Great Bear is trustworthy! Could not ask for more
- Best Flo Sewer & Drain Cesspool ServiceMike and his crew were fantastic. They were punctual, neat and very professional. They cleaned up everything and you wouldn't even know that they were there. I can't say enough about how pleased i am with them. Thank you Mike for your service and great price!!!!!
- J. C. Pillion Contracting Co., Inc.It was a great experience. They came to my house and replaced my septic tank. The guys were very respectful and got the job done quick. The areas that were affected they had cleaned up and grass seeded immediately. I would highly recommend this company.
- JC Pillion ContractingThey were extremely professional and on time with the completion of the work. They were extremely knowledgeable of what it needs to be done with no extra cost.
- J. C. Pillion Contracting Co., Inc.Very competitive and responsive. My septic was done very timely. Would definitely call them again for any excavating needs.
- J. C. Pillion Contracting Co., Inc.Mark was great to work with. Came out quickly and had great troubleshooting skills. Reasonable price, would hire again.
- William Farley Septic ServiceBill is a courteous hard working man. His work was completed on time. There were no added surprises. Always kept us up on what was happening next. I would highly recommend using William Farley Septic.
- William Farley Septic ServiceEverything that could go wrong with this sale (of our house) DID!!! Bill Farley was the wonderful exception. He is a maestro of the excavator. 100% recommend. Our Buyer's agent failed the system (Presby) as it is an advanced system, and they did not understand it. This was Bill's first call-back on a septic system. He came and met with another inspector, and explained the advanced features of our system, and videoscoped the system with the inspectors. It then passed a 2 hour hydrostatic test. Bill stayed the entire time. If you're still reading. Since our original system was installed (1984), parts of our property are now considered wetlands. Bill was able to deal with Town, County and State Red Tape, and had all variances approved and certified as well! I'm sorry, but I can't help myself, Bill Farley is #1 in a #2 business
- EVANS SEPTIC TANKExcellent! Responded asap on off hours. Appointment quickly made. Great price. Contacted before coming. Very impressed with the excellent customer service. Will absolutely use again and recommend.
- Jet Cesspool ServiceFast and excellent, Perfect and precise despatching, eta updates, Courteous, personable and eagerly helpful technicians.
Last update on November 28, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Farmingdale, NY
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- North Massapequa,
- Massapequa Park,
- Old Bethpage,
- West Babylon,
- North Bellmore,
- East Meadow,
- North Babylon,
- Huntington Station,
- Deer Park
Septic Tank Contractors in Farmingdale, NY
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A 4995 Any Sewer or Drain130-30 90th Ave
Richmond Hill, New York 11418
- A Unclog U31 Amherst Lane
Smithtown, New York 11787
- A&P Remodeling Co.PO Box 1045
Valley Stream, New York 11582
- AAA Dependable Cesspool Sewer and DrainPO Box 772
Nesconset, New York 11767
- Above Grade Home Inspections Inc25 Glenwood Dr
Wallkill, New York 12589
- AC Expediting Services85-53 212 Street
Queens Village, New York 11427
- Al Aparo Crane & Cesspool Service Inc15 Greene St Ste 1
BAY SHORE, New York 11706
- All American Sewer & Drain Services Inc52 Larkin St
Stamford, Connecticut 06907
- All-Ways Sewer and Drain Inc42-27 164th St
Flushing, New York 11358
- ANCHOR I PLUMBING & HEATING2 WILSTAN AVE
Patchogue, New York 11772
- AROUND THE CLOCK CESSPOOL360 LEAF AVE
Central Islip, New York 11722
- ATS Environmental286 Houses Corner Rd
Sparta, New Jersey 07871
- A 4995 Any Sewer or Drain
- Baby Bear Construction LLC18 Macculloch Avenue
Morristown, New Jersey 07960
- Benjamin Plumbing and Heating22-50 College Point Blvd
College Point, New York 11356
- Best Flo Sewer & Drain Cesspool Service118 Division Ave
Blue Point, New York 11715
- Bethpage Plumbing Heating and Cooling1 Collector Ln
Bethpage, New York 11714
- Boro Waste Oil LLC28 Champlain Ave
Staten Island, New York 10306
- Boston Road Plumbing Heating and Cooling3416 Boston Rd
Bronx, New York 10469
- Bruce C Mondo Septic Service Inc1603 Monroe Tpke
MONROE, Connecticut 06468
- Baby Bear Construction LLC
- Cella Septic Co.1132 Commonwealth Blvd
Toms River, New Jersey 08757
- Cente Plumbing and Heating Company38 Centre Ave
New Rochelle, New York 10801
- Chelsea Plumbing Heating and Cooling236 8th Ave
New York, New York 10011
- CityWide Sewer & DrainPO Box 350
Carle Place, New York 11514
- Classic Septic Inspections127 Highland Ave
Midland Park, New Jersey 07432
- Clear Flow Septic, Sewer & DrainPO Box 44
Allamuchy, New Jersey 07820
- Cleiton Masonry Inc10 Greenwood Lane
Valhalla, New York 10595
- CONSTRUCTIVE DESIGN INC158 Adams St
Deer Park, New York 11729
- Cornerstone Contractors LLCPO Box 307
Mendham, New Jersey 07945
- Court Street Plumbing and Heating416 Court St
Brooklyn, New York 11231
- Cella Septic Co.
- D4G LLC Plumbing and Heating177 Sands Street 9j
Brooklyn, New York 11201
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Direct Drainage Inc.363 N Dunton Ave
East Patchogue, New York 11772
- DirtWorx Excavating, LLC28 Hickory Rd
Wantage, New Jersey 07461
- Discount Cesspool & DrainPO Box 5906
Hauppauge, New York 11788
- Done Right Drain CleaningPO Box 714
Scotch Plains, New Jersey 07076
- Doodyman To The Rescue593 Hempstead Tpke
Elmont, New York 11003
- Drain Away Sewer Service Inc77 Mayflower
Stamford, Connecticut 06906
- D4G LLC Plumbing and Heating
- E-Z Cesspool Sewer and Drain83B Broadway P.O. Box 168
Greenlawn, New York 11740
- EAST MAIN STREET PLUMBING COMPANY1137 E MAIN ST
Shrub Oak, New York 10588
- EASTERN ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS INC258 Line Road
Manorville, New York 11949
- Eco Logic Environmental Testing IncPO Box 1024
Sparta, New Jersey 07871
- Elizabeth Plumbing and Heating68 Elizabeth St.
New York, New York 10013
- Emil Norsic & Son IncPO Box 5047
Southampton, New York 11969
- Empire Sewer And Water Inc2418 Queens Plaza S Ste 8496
Astoria, New York 11101
- Empire State Plumbing and Heating9 E 37th St
New York, New York 10016
- ERC Environmental Inc.140 Lawrence Rd
Lafayette, New Jersey 07848
- EVERGREEN CUSTOM CESSPOOL913 Bay Shore Ave
West Islip, New York 11795
- Express Plumbing Heating and Cooling20402 Hillside AVE
Hollis, New York 11423
- E-Z Cesspool Sewer and Drain
- Magee Bros Plumbing and Heating256 Jerusalem Ave
Hempstead, New York 11550
- Mangano Plumbing Sewer & Drain847 11TH ST
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779
- Michael Smith Excavating & Septic Systems LLC205 Bordentown Turnpike
Monroe Township, New Jersey 08831
- MICHALOWSKI CONTRACTING INC54 S HOWELL AVE
Centereach, New York 11720
- MILRO SERVICES41 HANSE AVE
Freeport, New York 11520
- MR PUMP CESSPOOL & INSTALLATION1160 E. JERICHO TNPK
Huntington, New York 11743
- Mr. Inside Out Home Inspection Services, Inc.PO Box 145 OFFICES IN AND SERVICING NY, NJ AND CT - 7 DAYS A WEEK
Rock Tavern, New York 12575
- Magee Bros Plumbing and Heating
- P Botie Contracting4 Ryder Ave
Huntington Station, New York 11746
- Pat Dolan Plumbing4 Brooklyn Ave
Massapequa, New York 11758
- PCS Pump And Process41 Plymouth Street
Fairfield, New Jersey 07004
- PRIORITY CESSPOOL SEWER & DRAIN, INCPO Box 450
Centereach, New York 11720
- Pro Plumbing and Heating230 McKinley Ave
Brooklyn, New York 11208
- PURDY PLUMBING AND HEATING20 PURDY AVE
Rye, New York 10580
- Python Drain Cleaning1547 Stuyvesant Ave # A
Union, New Jersey 07083
- P Botie Contracting
- R & D Trucking & Septic Service1874 State Hwy 23
West Milford, New Jersey 07480
- Ray Brown Jr Services LLC49 Catswamp Rd
Hackettstown, New Jersey 07840
- RC Home Improvements Contractors LLC53 E Dewey Ave
Wharton, New Jersey 07885
- Rescue Cesspool & Drain LLC7 Munsell Rd
Medford, New York 11763
- Rooter Plus Plumbing & Heating34 S 6Th Ave
Mount Vernon, New York 10550
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup65 Irving St
Jersey City, New Jersey 07307
- Rubber Duck Plumbing1265 Montauk Hwy
COPIAGUE, New York 11726
- R & D Trucking & Septic Service
Septic tank companies that service Farmingdale
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.