Drain Away Sewer Service Inc

Founded 2014 • With Angi since August 2014

At Drain Away Sewer Service, Inc., we put our customers needs first! We offer a range of drain services and we know that our customer's are the backbone of our success. Response times are quick through our 24-hour emergency service and we pride ourselves on providing competitive, up-front costs. Whether you take advantage of our maintenance and service contracts for savings, or you use us for one-time emergency services, Drain Away Sewer Service, Inc. will deliver on professional, reliable and quality work. Drain Away Sewer Service, Inc. provides both residential and commercial drain cleaning services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days per year. Offering over 10 years of experience in the drain cleaning business, our qualified staff is prepared to handle everything from a clogged toilet to main sewer services. We are centrally located to service both Westchester and Fairfield Counties....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

A Service Provider's profile image

+29 more images

drain cleaning (34)plumbers (13)sewer cleaning (8)drain pipe installation (1)

03/20/2020

Edward B.

Called Rich on a Thursday and he set up the appt the following day. He arrived on time, diagnosed the reason there was a problem, snaked out the drain line in the basement that was causing the problem and allowed the water to run for a while to be sure the problem was solved. Charged $150 which I thought was reasonable and was on his way. He is a specialist at cleaning drains and I recommend him highly if you have that problem

Description of Work
Kitchen sink was not draining properly

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

09/21/2018

Rita H.

They did a great job, were efficient, found the problem and were on time. They were very nice and their price was reasonable. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They unclogged a pvc pipe at the end of my downspout that ran underground.

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

04/02/2018

Joseph W.

A few years ago, I had a plumbing issue for which they did a great job, so I knew who to call when I heard rushing water at 10:30PM on a Friday night, checked downstairs, and found an overflowing slop sink in the basement. Oh no! Turns out I had a clog in the main line, so I called and left a message. My call was returned within a few minutes, and we scheduled someone to come out the following day (Saturday). They quickly cleared out the line and got us back up and running.

Description of Work
Clear main sewer line

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 03/17/2018

12/13/2017

Jose F.

Our main drain was backing up into the house.

Description of Work
Clogged main house Drain

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

12/12/2017

Shana S.

I called in the evening which is after hours. Because it had started to back up I knew we could not wait until the next day with no water, plumbing, toilet etc. Richards Sach answered right away and advised he could be at my house in 10 minutes. He came promptly, took a look around gave me the best option to get unclogged as to not have a huge mess. The repair was relatively quick and I was able to verify that he did clear the clog because all areas were functioning normally. Whereas before you could see the dark murky water coming up. The problem was resolved to my satisfaction, and he was a very professional. I appreciate solving my issue and felt good that its cover under warranty.

Description of Work
Had a clogged in my sewer line

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

12/02/2017

Dominic F.

Mike explained everything he was doing as he worked. He was neat, thorough and efficient. It took from beginning to end 1.5 hours. He cleaned up and promptly left. He originally quoted a price of $175.00 for one hours work and only charged an additional $25.00 for the extra work. Giving the price most other companies charge, this was a great bargain especially since the work was excellent. You will be very happy if you use this company. Note that this was a high-end kitchen with custom cabinets, granite countertops, et. al.

Description of Work
I called late afternoon on Tuesday, Nov 28 and left a message. I promptly received an email with pricing and a time they could come the next day. After approximately one hour, I received a call from the Company from the owner. We agreed on a time the next day, Nov 20th. At the appointed time, the service tech, Mike, showed up. Mike was prompt and thorough. He evaluated the work and tried a simply solution to the stopped kitchen sink problem. I did not work, This prompted him to drill a hole in the drain (a necessity as the small snake was going up the vent) and used his large snake to resolve the stoppage.

Work Completed On 12/02/2017

06/16/2017

Fred and Sandy G.

Great. On time, professional and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Drain stoppage.

06/04/2017

Fred and Sandy G.

This company seems to specialize in drain clearing.(seems to be their only business). They arrived quickly and worked quickly and professonally. Well done!

Description of Work
Simply needed unresponsive clog in slop sink/clothes washer drain cleared. Our efforts to chemically clear were unsuccessful as it owrked out because the blockage was quite distant from the house in the drain line outside the house.

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

04/07/2017

Yvonne D.

Not much to talk about. He did the job, and I would hire them again. Nothing was overboard on the price. I believe he was here when I called him. He came to do the work.

Description of Work
Fixing the drains.

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

Jeff P.

Punctual, got the job done right. Would hire him again.

Description of Work
Rich snaked a clogged tub drain in my apartment

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

Maggie D.

Excellent. On time clean friendly professional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Clean bathroom tub drain

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

Alex G.

Rich and his guy were very professional and courteous they helped me a great deal through my nightmare I was experiencing . The professionalism and knowledge were very heart warming. Drain away will be my one one go to company to call.

Description of Work
Cleaned my mainline out!

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/24/2017

02/06/2017

Ming Y.

I did some additional research and tried Instant Power's Hair and Grease Drain Opener from HomeDepot for $11.00. It dissolved the stuff clogged the bathtub in the 1st try. I regretted that I had not done enough homework and tried to use chemical drain opener before calling contractors. I would recommend all future customers to think and do your own due diligence before hiring any contractor; for them, their job is to simply show up and be more than happy to charge you. I would not recommend him to anyone else because resolving drainage issue is simply just not what a drain snake can always do.

Description of Work
Before I hired Rich, I spoke to him regarding a partial bathtub clog issue in an apartment in Bridgeport, which I newly purchased. In the call, I mentioned to him that I have already tried to use drain snake trying to clean it but was no luck. I asked him whether he needs access to the basement to check the sewer pipe because I'm concerned if he would simply try the drain snake again, it might not work. He said no and was eager to come to "service". Based on this Angie List review and rating, I decided to give him a try. He came very quickly and immediately started to use the drain snake again, which ended no luck, either. I asked him if he could use the instrument to see what is clogging in the sewer pipe as he did for other customers according to other's review; but he refused. He finally suggested that I need get a plumber to check as there might be something, which cannot be simply cleared by drain snake. He charged me $100 for the "service" he performed and "offered" to apply it toward future services if the tub drainage still has problem after the plumber fix it (he also referred me to a plumber). Had he told me that he would use drain snake again, I would not have hired him because I knew it would not work. For me, I just felt I was simply cheated and ripped off $100.

Work Completed On 01/23/2017

I'm sorry that you feel that way you called me and said that the tub is clogged and That you tried to do it yourself and couldn't clear it. We came from Stamford to Bridgeport ct I gave you up front pricing of 175.00 we couldn't clear the line dude to very old pipes and needed a plumber to replace tub trap. We also didn't have access to the downstairs to your rental property you insisted that I stop that you didn't want to break the tub trap as I explained to you prior to coming out. There's always a possibility with a rough stoppage and very old pipes that the tub trap can be broken. I charged you the service call only, which you where fine with. I also told you prior to coming there's a charge if we clear it or not. You where fine with that, again sorry you feel cheated that's not how I do business.

11/25/2016

Scott A.

Richard was responsive and on-time. He was polite and got right to the problem, which was a clogged kitchen sink. The whole process took 30 minutes and the job was completed. I would DEFINITELY use him again!!!

Description of Work
Clogged kitchen sink (post Thanksgiving Day)

Work Completed On 11/25/2016

10/03/2016

Joseph W.

I had a completely blocked bathtub drain that would not respond to anything: plunger, snake, or chemicals. I requested a quote after 10PM on a Friday night, just to get a head start for the next morning. I was contacted by Rich within 10 minutes. He offered to come out that night or first thing the next morning. I had him come out the following morning and he fixed the problem very quickly. He offered to check the main sewer line as well since it had not been checked in some time, and discovered a major issue that would have caused a backup/flood in the near future. He was able to take care of that as well, saving us a bigger problem down the road.

Description of Work
Bathtub drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

08/31/2016

Manuel R.

It went very well. Rich and his helper stopped by during the time he told me and unclogged my sink in an hour. He even put in a clean-out hole in my pipe for easier access to future clogs. He was also quick and responsive to all my questions and courteous.

Description of Work
Unclogging my Kitchen sink.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/30/2016

08/09/2016

Yen G.

Rich was very friendly, accommodating and punctual. He unclogged the sink and cleaned up promptly and gone within the hour.

Description of Work
Unclog the kitchen sink.

Work Completed On 07/03/2016

06/06/2016

Cynthia S.

Arrived early, but we were not home. Returned right on schedule. Did job thoroughly and efficiently. After they left, we noticed one drain plug had not been fully reconnected. The service tech returned promptly and put it right without complaint.

Description of Work
Cleared bathroom sink drains.

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

04/04/2016

Dusty M.

Rich worked very hard, both from the kitchen and the basement, for nearly three hours, clearing the pipe for the washer and the basement sink and trying mightily to clear the kitchen pipe, but we concluded that the clog was under the basement floor and due to the underfloor pipe connections (hindering the snake), clearing it that night was not to be. Rich returned early the next morning with two associates and together they tried a bigger snake from the other end, with no luck - due to the underfloor pipe connections again. Rich had spoken with his plumber amigo several times, and he stopped by to have a look, agreeing with the conclusion and with a proposed solution but unable to break his Friday schedule. As stated above, Rich labored mightily, at the end of the work day, trying every angle and alternative he could think of to clear what we all thought would be a fairly quick and easy job, which it definitely was not. Then (at my insistence) he headed home. But wait . . . he had agreed to one more stop before home, which I learned the next day turned out to be a fairly quick and easy job. Rich also called early the following week . . . following up to see if I had been satisfied with the work done by his plumber amigo. He was totally professional throughout and I definitely recommend him highly and would call him again in a minute.

Description of Work
I called Rich at 330 Thursday about a clogged kitchen drain and asked if he could come same day but after 530. He agreed and arrived timely at 610 given the usual commuter traffic and got right to it.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/17/2016

04/03/2016

John F.

Easter Sunday and our kitchen sink is clogged. Bad news with a house full of family and friends. Called Rich at Drain Away on Monday morning and Rich was at the house within an hour. Rich cleared the clog quickly and I thought our problem was solved. However, Rich thought (and was correct) that we hadn't fully resolved the clog. Rich brought in a larger machine from his truck and 20 minutes later was pulling large wads of "baby wipes" from the drain. Thanks to Rich our sink is clear and hopefully we won't be making the same mistake again. Thanks Rich !!

Description of Work
Unclogged kitchen drain

Work Completed On 03/21/2016

02/06/2016

PeterandKate D.

Working with Rich was great - he promptly called us after our initial contact and made an appointment at a time that worked for us. He was on time and professional - he quickly addressed the drain problem and walked us through some other "new home owner" considerations that we hadn't thought of. He charged us exactly what he told us in advance and was very helpful!

Description of Work
Rich cleared our shower/tub line, which had completely stopped draining.

Work Completed On 02/06/2016

01/05/2016

Barbara S.

Rich arrived on time and listened to my description of the problem. He checked the sinks and the washing machine drainage system. He was professional and discussed what he was going to do to try and fix the problem. He had to snake multiple times and then he checked the drains again to ensure the problem was fixed. No more noises and slow draining of water. Then I couldn't believe it he asked for paper towels so he could clean up the area. Wow. So nice. I was was waiting for the speech about how much extra it would cost to do what he did but much to my pleasure he said I had already paid for the quoted services so no extra charge. I truly believe if there had been Major issues the charges would have been fair. Rich is a hard working and Honest guy. It I have any other drainage problem I will certainly call him. Professional, honest and fair... Thanks Angie's list for recommending Drain away.

Description of Work
Unclogged my sink drain and check other pipes.Rich

Work Completed On 01/05/2016