We’ve compiled some tips to help you identify the problems behind cracks in your drywall ceiling seam, how to fix them, and when to call in the pros.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Elmira, NY
There are 4 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Elmira
- Crown Construction IncI've had two projects designed and completed through Crown Construction. I was completely pleased and satisfied each time. The first project was a bathroom rehab. It went so well and came out beautifully. I then hired them to install a new picture window and front door, which is such an improvement to my home inside and out. They took their time exploring possible design aspects for both projects, and together we came up with the final product. They are expert in what they do from beginning to end. Dependable and communicative. On time to arrive when they say, on schedule, and within budget. What more could a customer ask
- Crown Construction IncVery willing to take it all on, very careful to ask our feedback and do it right, very good about prompt completion.
- Norb Miller General ContractorVery high quality work done in an expeditious manner. He was flexible and easy to work with. We plan to use his services again in the near future.
- Norb Miller General ContractorWas told 2 weeks for completion, and it was completed . I receive great responses when my friends or family see my bathroom for the 1st time. I would re hire Norb again.
- Norb Miller General ContractorEntire project went as planned. Contractor inspected the project and presented a quote and time frame. Workers showed up as scheduled. Demolition was carefully done with tarps and dust barriers appropriately placed. Demolition debris was quickly removed. Reconstruction began as planned and completed in an orderly manner including replacing of the previously removed crown molding. The crew cleaned every evening before leaving the job site. The project was completed on schedule and looks great. There were a few minor scope changes that were discussed, priced and easily worked into the project. The entire project was completed in a little over three weeks. We were very pleased with the professionalism of the crew, cost control, attention to detail and cleanliness. We would highly recommend this contractor
- Norb Miller General ContractorNorb solved big problems for me with no fuss or BS. He worked quickly and arrived early every day. He offered helpful suggestions to do the renovation smarter and?followed up with regular consultations during the process, which went on for weeks due to arrival of new cabinets. After the?countertops and backsplash were installed by others, he came back to hook up the plumbing
- Norb Miller General ContractorResponded quickly to my call, started the work a couple days later and met a short deadline to get it completed before I had out-of-town company arriving. Worked on Saturday to get it finished for me before guest's arrival on Sunday. Quality of the work was excellent, crew was very professional and worked well together. Would definitely hire them again. DK how reasonable price of work was b/c I was under deadline to get it done before guest arrival, but price was within what my insurance estimated work would cost. Normally I would have gotten a couple bids. Was big relief to have the work done quickly and done right and be able to use kitchen again
- Norb Miller General ContractorNorb solved big problems for me with no fuss or BS. He worked quickly and arrived early every day. He offered helpful suggestions to do the renovation smarter and followed up with regular consultations during the process, which went on for weeks due to arrival of new cabinets. After the countertops and backsplash were installed by others, he came back to hook up the plumbing
- Norb Miller General ContractorDry wall was replaced; a large area of tile was put down and waxed; painting and finishing touches were done. The workmen were quite personable and very patient having to deal with any number of different people who came through the church while they were working. Norb worked around some building usage issues, which was very helpful. Overall, it was an excellent experience
- Milberg & Associates LLCThe whole thing went very well, although it took longer than they originally estimated. I have no complaints at all, and have hired them to do other contracting work.
Drywall Contractors in Elmira
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:At Ace Handyman Services, we want to help you love your home. You can expect the best in repair, remodeling, and/or routine maintenance. Our office is locally owned and operated by Nate and Amy Creery. We believe in providing exceptional customer service, fair pricing, and top-notch home maintenance solutions in the Southern Tier. We gladly provide the best quality workmanship in a timely manner. As a commitment to you, we guarantee all of our work and our handymen are bonded and insured for ..Recent Review:I made the phone call on Monday afternoon. A very professional young man was at my home Wednesday morning, and by the mid afternoon it was all fixed and looked like nothing had ever happened to it. I told him he was the answer to an old lady's prayer! The only drawback was the price, but in these times everybody needs to make enough to take care of themselves and their families, and he did spend quite a bit of time on itlinda B.
- Business Description:Barkers offers a variety of services including home renovation, roof repair, flooring, landscaping, fencing, etc. We guarantee quality work in a timely fashion within your budget. At Barkers, we take pride in our work and make it our mission to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Barkers is a quickly growing, owner operated company, that employs only the most experienced and skilled workersRecent Review:The service was excellent. He was fair and timely. I am very pleased with the outcome.Jamie L.
- Business Description:We are a local family Owned and Operated business looking to fulfill all our customers needs.Recent Review:TLR contracting & Lawn care did a amazing job on my fence. They were their on time and ready to roll everyday!! Tyler was very understanding and met my expectations to the T. I would recommend TLR contracting and lawn care to anyone. I have gotten alot of complements on my fence already, I absolutely love the job they did. If I need anyother work done i will have themShelby B.
- Business Description:At Nu-Life Resources it is our job to provide for your health and safety against dangerous and toxic mold. We will utilize the latest in technology utilizing thermal imaging, moisture, meters, and detailed laboratory analysis to identify & eliminate water and mold. We will contain the contaminated area using advanced negative pressure containment systems. Most importantly, we will remove the water source and mold so it will never return. It is our objective at Nu-Life Resources in partners..Recent Review:The work was done quickly and thoroughly. The crew was very professional and we would recommend the company to others that need mold remediationsteve p.
- Business Description:My recently formed company, Ogata Solutions, was created as an extension of years of remodeling work. In 2016 I undertook three total home remodels, facilitating the subcontractor scheduling, and maintaining vigil while the general contractor was away. Now that I am here in Ithaca I plan to grow my presence in the community by serving clients with best industry practices and safety at the top of mind. My sustainability background and business acumen gained during my master's matriculation in ..Recent Review:It went horrible!! My sister called this “company” to get work done on a railing that was wobbling on a front porch for my 84 yr old mother.. Evan came over to “fix” the railing. What he did was put a block of wood under the bottom portion of the railing and screwed it in the concrete steps. It took him about an hr or so. He charged her $100. I came home from work and noticed the railing was still very wobbly. It was wobbling at the top part of the railing as it was previously. I’m shocked that Evan left it like that. So I fixed the top part of the railing by wedging wood in between the railing and house and screwed it in the house. The railing is very sturdy now. Mom went up and down the stairs really good. She’s very happy with it. All done right? Nope! A couple weeks later, this morning I get a notification on my phone from my camera that there is motion detected on the front porch. I look to see and it was Evan, looking at the bottom of the railing. I came downstairs to talk to him. He said he’s here to put a brace at the bottom of the railing. I said it’s sturdy now, I fixed it. He said I’ll just put a brace here at the bottom, it’ll take just 5 mins. I said there’s no need, it’s fixed and moms happy with it. He said I’m not gonna charge anything, I don’t know what your problem is? I’m like wow?! I said we don’t need anymore work done to it, it’s done. Then proceeded to argue with me. He said I don’t even know who the f.. you are? I got a call from Jolynn to come fix it. Which was not true. I said how are you going to talk to a customer like that? He said your not my customer Jolynn is. I said I live here, she does not!! I said you charged her $100 for this and it’s still wobbly. I could’ve done it better myself. He said then why didn’t you? He said why didn’t you call me not to come over? I said I didn’t know about you at all. You just showed up here this morning. He told me that he was going to call my sister and come back to do the job.!? I said no you’re not!! I live here, do not come back here again! He was arguing with me all the way to his car. He’s very rude, swearing at me, unprofessional, very confrontational, persistent etc. When I first told him I don’t need any work done & I was happy the way it was, he should have been professional and said ok, thankyou and left. I would never recommend him for anything. Very bad customer service. No clue how he has a businessJoan R.
- Business Description:Affordable Waterproofing LLC is a family-owned company based in Delran, New Jersey. Started in 2009, Affordable Waterproofing has been supplying New Jersey, South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware with cost-effective and superior waterproofing services for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on supplying the best basement waterproofing system installation, mold removal, and foundation and structural repairs around. Because of our commitment to our clients, we back all of our services with a w..Recent Review:It SEEMED to have gone well 2 years ago, but, I was told in order to get rid of the smell I would have to throw out anything that was porous. Of course I couldn't do that, it was many things. So, I learned to live with the smell (after two weeks the smell was back). Lo and behold (two years later) I moved aside some boxes and saw mold and a wet cinderblock wall). I called the company because I spent $6k for remediation. Someone came to my house and said "well, what do you want from us, you did not get rid of your water problem". I was livid because I never had a water problem until they painted my walls and covered up the holes that were drilled into the cinderblock to allow for drainage. I threw that man out. I had his boss trying to call me and the boss even sent me a text asking me "don't you want to speak with the owner?" No, I do not want to speak after being "monetarily raped" two years ago for a paint job, dropped ceiling removal and some perfume sprayed aroundTracy S.
- Business Description:fully insured, 14 skilled carpenters and roofers, licensed autocad draftingRecent Review:Excellent job on replacing roof on 100+ year old home. Conscientious and dependable. Follows through on projects and makes sure customer is happy. Would gladly use them again.Bennett H.
- Business Description:We are a Veteran owned, family owned and operated company proudly serving Central New York and the Fingerlakes Region. We thrive on business relationships that become long term, and work mostly on referred customersRecent Review:We paid Matt at Family Ties Contracting over $35,000 to renovate our downstairs apartment in an agreed upon maximum of three months. The problems began early, with delays to the start of our project, but we cut him slack because one of his employees was injured in an accident. Not long after, we began getting bills for extras that 1) were already detailed in the contract and 2) were never signed off on. We were clear with Matt from the beginning that we wanted a space that was up to code, it wasn't till months later that we discovered he never even pulled a building permit - is a big "no no" where we live. Our local inspector did not seem happy about this and, in the process of inspections, we discovered other work that needed to be done to bring the apartment up to code, adding to the cost of our project. The problems continued when Matt began to refuse doing work that was clearly in the contract, from small jobs like installing the kitchen sink, to big ones like adding sheetrock to the ceiling to meet code, which was the first thing listed in our contract. The quality of the work was poor, we ended up having to hire a second electrician to install the correct type of outlet for our washer/dryer and a second plumber to fix a leaky sink which was installed. When the project was "finished" it was a mess (see pictures below). Worst of all, the project wasn't actually completed for 11 months - 8 longer than what was in our contracted, which resulted in the loss of a years worth of rental income. We were *constantly* calling them to come back and fix mistakes over this time, with varying degrees of success. To top it off, the owner apparently began spreading rumors about me and my wife because of the difficulties. I wouldn't have even bothered writing this, until I became aware of that. Overall, a totally unprofessional experience. We have spent over $52,000 so far and we are having to finish up by hiring outside contractors. We feel like we were screwed by Family Ties Contracting. It's not just the money and the poor results, but the stress and frustration made for an overall terrible experienceChad L.
- Business Description:With years of experience serving Elmira and the surrounding area, Apgar Construction is your solution for all your construction needs. We take great pride in our extreme professionalism, timeliness and superior customer service on every job. We make sure to develop a lasting relationship so that the next time service is needed there will be no question on who to call. Quality & Satisfaction guaranteedRecent Review:Our home addition was the worst experience ever. They were to do a twelve week addition and never were on schedule. They didn't get a permit and were shut down by code enforcement. They measured our house wrong by 4 ft. The cut pre-made trusses that have had to be reinforced by another contractor. They left the job and refused to return any communication. Workers don't clean up and only work 4 days a week. They left the job and never sided my house. Wouldnt recommend them for any work, can easily find better construction crewsRandy H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Whether you slammed your chair into the drywall or the door has hit it one too many times, drywall holes are inevitable. Luckily, you can patch them up on your own. The steps below outline the necessary work for repairing drywall holes.
Find drywall contractors in
- Pine City
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Van Etten
- Painted Post
- Columbia Cross Roads
- South Waverly
- Beaver Dams
- Montour Falls
- Watkins Glen
drywall contractors in Elmira
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ABG Contracting4 Carriage Cir
Elmira, New York
- Ace Handyman Services Southern Tier1435 Upper Front St Suite 3
Binghamton, New York
- Advanced Construction180 Park Station Rd.
Erin, New York
- Affordable Waterproofing LLC8000 Rte 130
Delran, New Jersey
- Alpine Home Improvement Co268 Route 6N
Mahopac, New York
- Apgar Construction LLC224 Church St
Breesport, New York
- ABG Contracting
- Erickson Building & Design9340 County Rd 142
Interlaken, New York
- Erickson Building & Design
- Family Ties Contracting943 State Route 34B
King Ferry, New York
- Family Ties Contracting
- Griffin Construction - NYS IncPO BOX 307
Cohocton, New York
- Griffin Construction - NYS Inc
- Independent Installations11 Tioga Street
Waverly, New York
- Independent Installations
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement245 Flint Ave 101
Corning, New York
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement