DRAKE CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2010

A fully licensed construction business. We are entering our 21st year of contracting in the Elmira, Horseheads and Corning New York Area....

ACI Contractor Group LLC

ACI Contractor Group LLC We specialize in all masonry work, all types of brick work, concrete pavers, we are respectfully fair and highly value our customers, we have more than 20 years of experience in the entire construction area, we also have trained professional staff, and are operated by the owner

W.H Excavation & Contracting

At W.H Excavation and Contracting we are an owner- operated business. We offer Yard Drainage, Concrete work, and land clearing. We also offer emergency septic and water line repairs. This is my first year with my business, but I have been doing these as side jobs for 2 years. I have run heavy equipment for eight years, which has also helped me grow into my own business. I am looking forward to helping you out!

Jesse Earley General Contracting

We specialize in all phases of roofing and siding services, repairs, replacements, installs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

04/27/2016

Paul R.

Description of Work
Install patio door

Category decks,siding,home builders

02/29/2016

Paul G.

Description of Work
The construction work quality was very good. The workers were skilled and painstaking.I would recommend them.

10/01/2015

Anne F.

Excellent job! Beautiful workmanship, friendly and professional crew. We are delighted with them and what they have done on our home. They show up on time, work well together, take very short lunch breaks, clean up after the job, etc. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company! Construction was done properly, and these guys know their stuff. They are the BEST.

Description of Work
Built an addition on our house- laundry room, bathroom, bedroom, pantry, and porch.

Category decks,home builders

02/04/2015

Rebecca H.

When I needed a contractor to repair a bathroom, I searched Angie's List and found that Drake Construction had some pretty good reviews. I called Drake's Construction to be greeted by an answering machine. I left a detailed message on the machine along with my contact information; however, I never received any reponse back from this company. Lucky for me, however, as when I was forced to continue looking for a contractor, I found one that I will use forever more.

Description of Work
Did not work for me.

03/10/2014

jonathan B.

The workers looked at the roof and decided I only needed some caulking, which they did. I replaced the plaster in my office and when the snow melted it leaked on the new plaster. I will have them come back and do what I had intended.

Description of Work
I wanted a section of my roof replaced and we had agreed on a price.

09/04/2013

Judith B.

1st phase-boiler, water heater, infloor heating, new concrete floor, window installation. This was smooth and efficient. Good quality work. Grade A 2. Framing, drywall, taping, insulation- This went okay, many delays started here. A few areas of drywall taping were not especially smooth. Grade-B 3. Painting, trim work,new stairway- Work became sporadic at this point. Painting was a little sloppy. Grade B- 4. Bathroom, installation of vanity, sink, toilet, tile flooring- done after many delays. Grade B Shower tile work- Done quickly after delays, very sloppy. Bob did offer to fix this, reluctantly. We declined. Grade C. 5. Ceiling- Suspended ceiling installation went quickly. Grade B 6. Delays- Some delays were unavoidable(high humidity weather, homeowner electric installation slowed by his work schedule,required beam move by code inspector.) Other delays were annoying-contractor's busy workload. We became a low priority because of and quot;outside workand quot;, contractor's 2.5 week vacation in the middle of the project. Work came to a halt. Vacation delay would have been easier if we had known ahead of time. 7. Supplied by homeowner-not included in price-All electric supplies, lighting and installation, paints, bathroom tile and grout, door knobs, bathroom vanity, shower base and bathroom fixtures. This was known at time of contract. 8. Price- Exceeded estimate. Some extras were known ahead. The price for tile installation was more than double the estimate. This was reduced after we questioned it, but still high Grade D. Overall- We were told by others that this contractor would do a good job but he is expensive. Overall quality was just okay. The workers and contractor were always pleasant and courteous. My husband works in the construction industry so he notices small details that may not be apparent to others. We had high expectations and for this price we expected more.

Description of Work
Finished basement into living space, added a full bathroom.

Category home builders

This project did take longer than anticipated. Delays were due to an inordinate amount of time getting electrical work done, and high humidity. Customer was aware that I had an annual two and a half week vacation planned. Delays in completion of the electrical work pushed everything back into this vacation date. My employees did their best to complete the portions of this project that they could, but with me on vacation, we did take other work. As soon as I returned from vacation I got right to work on their basement project. There were no delays after that point. I stand by my workmanship and the workmanship of my employees. I have no hesitation to make it right, regardless of cost or time. The tile shower had 2 noticeable defects and I was ready to cut out the clear glass beads and re-do these small areas once I saw them. Home owner declined for whatever reason. The shower I bid was using a simple 6”x6” square tile pattern. What I was asked to do was a complex pattern with rope tile and a ribbon of glass beads, which added a considerable amount of time. These beads were clear, and in areas where the adhesive was thin, it was possible to see the cement board behind them. I offered to repair this once I saw it, but the customer said no. Overall the project was a difficult one due to the delays in electrical work, both walls and ceiling lights. As well as paint delays with high humidity. The delays in this work pushed time line into my vacation trip. Extra’s were discussed with and agreed to by the homeowner, however, I did reduce this price after a discussion at final inspection.

03/04/2013

Thomas A.

I was generally quite pleased with them. He was a nice guy and he was very dedicated. He was worried about the quality of his work. He is definitely worth talking to. Somebody recommended him to us. His price was competitive.

Description of Work
I used Drake Construction to do a little carpentry around the house. We had a couple of columns that had rotted out on our front porch and he replaced those.

Category contractors,decks

02/14/2013

William B.

Prompt, professional, good clean up. Quality work

Description of Work
Bob poured a concrete pad that was used as an entrance driveway to an outbuilding on my property

02/05/2013

James R.

Actually, the job went well with the exception that Mr. Drakes father passed away during the job. These guys were good, it was hard to keep up with what they had done and what they were doing. We hired them for a specific reason (rain water was running down the sides of the house and into some windows). They did a fine job and were done in notime flat and no more water in the house.

Description of Work
They removed the old roof and rain gutters and installed a new roof and gutters

08/04/2012

James R.

It was a nice experience overall. We have flower all the way around,the house and not one was damaged, instead they carried a lot of the shingles in the back if the house. They also made double sure that they picked up any nails or staples that may have fallen to the ground. Bob Drake Const. did a beautiful job and should be commended for it.

Description of Work
Bob was hired to install a new roof properly as the old one was not installed properly. He had a few hurdles to overcome, but he and his crew handled them with no problems. Bobs' Dad passed away on the evening of the first night. Bob showed up in the morning to give instructions to his crew and then he left. These guys were great, they kept on working and were finished very quickly. Bob wasalso to install new gutters and downspouts but because of the personal emergency, he hired someone else to do it and they to did a wonderful job.

Category roofing,home builders