Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Brentwood, NH
There are 12 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Brentwood
- RAYMOND SEPTIC TANK SVCWe had them pump out our tank a few years ago. Price was approximately 300. Now they are almost double that. I called to complain, and maybe get a discount of some sort. He basically laughed at me. When I told him i would take my business elsewhere He said " I look forward to your check in the mail" They are rude and un helpful. I do not recommend them, use someone else. At the time of this my parents are using another septic service. KENT, and they are half the cost i have to pay
- Norman BuildersRyan Norman and his company, Norman Builders, are wonderful. We can't say enough good things about them. Anyone hiring them will be very happy with their work and how EASY they make it to complete a big home project. A septic tank was put in to replace a failed one. In addition, a new 2-story garage built by their company. Norman Builders performed both projects perfectly. FYI, we found Ryan's construction company on "Angie's List." We live in Los Angeles but bought a small house in NH. The NH house needed major work - and is located on a small lake. So the house projects needed "special" treatment in order to comply with environmental regulations & zoning laws. These were the first big construction projects we've ever done. We needed a lot of "hand-holding." Ryan was absolutely fabulous and helped us each step, week by week. He was always available and answered our emails promptly. He explained everything as we proceeded. For example, Ryan found some ancient trash & a tree stump buried on the old lot near the septic tank, and emailed pictures to show what was happening, and hauled off the old trash. We got regular pictures emailed to us, as the projects proceeded. Ryan also patiently handled questions coming from the neighbors living along the street next to the house. We decided to add rain gutters to both sides of the garage to mitigate any water run-off issues. It added a tiny amount to the cost estimate, but we wanted our garage to be trouble free, for our neighbors. Ryan's contacts with our new neighbors during the construction was a BIG help to us, since we were not physically there - we were living on the West coast - during the construction. It meant a lot of emails and phone calls back and forth, but this was no problem for Ryan! :) He was very patient and easy to work with. Ryan handled all of the inspections and neighbor queries. We can't recommend Ryan & his company highly enough. It was money well spent. We now have a beautiful new garage to store our "stuff" (since the house is only 1350 sq ft), and a brand new septic tank installed at our NH home. We will enjoy these improvements for decades to come, thanks to Ryan & Norman Builders. Thanks Ryan!!
- Farrell Contracting Services, LLCCouldn't have gone better. I didn't know Jake at all when I was interviewing contractors. He impressed me with his responsiveness to my emails and calls. He was here when he said he would be and called ahead as well. I had quotes from three contractors, not only was he the lowest but he was the only one bring in all new material, the others planned to reuse the loan and sand where they could. We took a chance and hired Jake, couldnt be more happy. Our field was failed so we were a family of 5 ( with three teenagers) on water rationing for three weeks during a stay at home pandemic. We needed the work done quickly. He was here in 3 days and finished it 2 days later. In the process we realized we needed to extend a stone wall as a result of the new size of the field. I didnt have a vehicle which could transport that many bricks. Jake had one of his guys pick it up for me with his truck and deliver it to the site, no charge. Really great service, I would highly recommend Farrell Contracting Servives
- Bodwell's Septic Services LLCWe were closing on the sale of our house and the inspection report required a repair and pumping of our system. The closing hinged on us getting it repaired. I had used Bodwell’s a number of years ago but wasn’t sure if they could squeeze us in since they were so busy. They went above and beyond to get us done. The owner Tim even came out to do the pumping and repair! A few days later we were able to close on the house. Couldn’t have done it without their professionalism. I would definitely recommend them
- E&E Septic dba Epping and Exeter Septic ServiceExcellent, from the time of the phone call. I had called another service first and after a couple of days of not hearing back, I called E&E. Left a message and within the hour, they returned my call. I let them know I had an event planned for almost 100 people at my house for that weekend and asked if there was any way they could come before then (this was on a Tuesday). The woman I spoke to was VERY nice and accommodating and got me in within 2 days. They showed up as promised and took care of the job. Excellent service - highly recommen
- Sebastian Septic SvcLocated the problem and fixed it. Very helpful, showed me just what the problem was before fixing it. Offered helpful information towards maintaining a well working septic system.
- Sebastian Septic SvcWhile they were later than originally expected, the company was in contact with me to let me know about the delay. The service technician was friendly and knowledgable, and got the job done promptly.
- Granite State Sewer & Drain Cleaning CoThey succeeded where other, more basic companies failed. They didn't just stick with easy answers and talking points.
- Bodwell's Septic Services LLCThey showed up on time, my septic is under a walkway and they payed attention to making it look good after again.
- R.L. Potter And Sons LlcWhen we determined our best solution was to replace the existing failing system, we called Presby for a list of their certified installers. I called two and Bob was the first to respond. Bob has, and brought all the excavation equipment needed for the job. He is very friendly and his approach is to do the job right. Period. We are recently returned to NH and Bob and his sons are the kind of people we like to do business with: the kind where friendships can grow. Additionally, Bob has been an invaluable source of referrals to electricians, plumbers, (Snow Tire retailers!). He had become our 'go to guy' for questions about local service providers. When we received an unacceptable proposal for propane installation from the existing supplier of heating oil, we asked Bob who he uses. He recommended Eastern Propane and Gas and we are very happy with their responsiveness and with their proposal to meet our propane needs. They are our sole source for propane and for heating oil
Last update on July 15, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Brentwood, NH
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Find septic tank services in
- East Kingston,
- South Hampton,
- Hampton Falls,
- North Hampton,
Septic Tank Contractors in Brentwood, NH
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Olofson Landworks LLC421 Middle Rd
Brentwood, New Hampshire 03833
- Olofson Landworks LLC
- Farrell Contracting Services, LLC125 High Rd
Lee, New Hampshire 03861
- Farrell Contracting Services, LLC
- Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Inc8 Industrial Park Dr Unit 12
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire 03106
- Piedmont Excavation & Septic LLC2100 Dover Rd
Epsom, New Hampshire 03234
- Plano Builders LLCPO Box 191
Stratford, New Hampshire 03884
- Proactive Comfort7B Eastpoint Dr Unit 105
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire 03106
- Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Inc
- REP LANDSCAPING INC213 MAIN ST
Plaistow, New Hampshire 03865
- RM RATTA CORPORATION81 Westford Rd
Ayer, Massachusetts 01432
- Rooter-Man of Southern Maine/New Hampshire151 Epping Road
Exeter, New Hampshire 03833
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup862 S Porter St
Manchester, New Hampshire 03103
- Rowell's ServicesP.O. Box 287
Tilton, New Hampshire 03276
- REP LANDSCAPING INC
- Value Rooter86 Oldfields Rd
South Berwick, Maine 03908
- Value Rooter
Septic tank companies that service Brentwood
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.