Home insulation has many benefits: it’s energy-efficient, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective. It’s worthwhile but requires planning. We’ve laid out the key things to know before installing home insulation.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Preston, MN
There are 4 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Preston
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionJSC is a terrific company. I first asked for a cedar fence, after having Jim S recommended by a neighbor. The job expanded, as Jim's competence and fine subcontractors gave me the confidence to improve a 55 year old house. This involves every part of building a new house, frame, roof, cement in basement, insulation, electrical, plumbing. Tile, subflooring, sheetrock. More. Except, it is being done within a house. They must work around existing structures and utilities. It is quite impressive to observe. Neighbors and friends and other professionals are in awe
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionJim did the bid about 3 months before the funding was approved for the job. He did well in keeping in touch about the schedule. The storage units were built in the attic, but Jim still asked about details, checking in before installing walls that would have blocked the natural light from the window, which was much appreciated. The end result looks really neat, - the doors were naturally too tall for the units themselves, and cutting them off from the bottom instead of the top gives them an old-world look, with the knobs off-centered so they're lower on the door. Very good work and done in just two days
- Lewis Insulation IncThe written bid was initially prepared in the summer of 2011. A few adjustments were made to the bid via email to clarify individual points. As I live in St. Louis, MO and needed to be present during the installation process in Minneapolis, MN the owner, Brian Lewis, was very flexible as to when the job could be started. In early October I notified Brian when I would be in Minneapolis for a one day window. He agreed to meet that schedule. On the scheduled date the Installation team of 3 arrived on time. Performed a brief walk-through to ensure team instructions from the owner were as I expected. They were an exact match. The team leader made a couple of suggested adjustments to the installation based on his assessment of the situation. These were completely acceptable and improved the effectiveness of the installation, but did not affect the cost. The team proceeded with the installation. The team leader periodically kept me informed as to the teams progress and any issues they encountered. He also informed me how the team dealt with these issues to keep the job in line with the objective and expectations. If a question arose at any point in the process, the team leader consulted with me for a determination before proceeding. Throughout the process every team member was polite with a positive attitude and engaging. The team made every effort to minimize dirt and dust.. The company owner Brian Lewis arrived near the end of the installation process to review with his team what they had accomplished and what constituted completion. He then reviewed that with me and we agreed. When the job was complete the team leader performed another walk through with me to review what had been accomplished. When the installation and review was complete, the team performed a thorough cleanup and departed. Overall, I cannot think of a way this process could have been improved. Excellent service. Excellent customer relationship
- Gary Kline Roofing IncWe bought a 2 year old house in July 2015 and found it difficult to regulate the heat during the winter. We had an energy audit done and found that the can lights had not been sealed, the attic insulation was R20-30 and a couple rim joists were not insulated. Kane was thorough in quoting and explaining what needed to be done. The crew arrived when scheduled and left the house and garage clean. We had a question about something a week later and Kane stopped by the next day to check it out
- HENGES INSULATION & FIREPLACESEverything went great. I have referred them to my friends and relatives. They were very friendly and professional. They were also good about working around my stuff. They were on time and finished when they said they would.
- CITYWIDE INSULATION INCHe was very professional and really knew his stuff. It turns out that there wasn't anything for him to sell me, and he was honest about that. He suggested several good ideas for resolving the ice dam problems I am having, even though none of the solutions involved insulation.
- Renewal by Andersen of Rochester, MNEfficient, clean and excellent work. We can really tell the difference in the temperature of our upstairs level.
- Minnesota's 1st choiceMinnesota's 1st Choice did a great job on our country home. They were fast, efficient, respectful, reasonably priced, provided a variety of options and very easy to work with. I recommend them to anyone searching for superior workmanship and excellent customer service.
- Expert Insulation IncIt was excellent. They were thorough, polite and when I re-tested there was considerable improvement to retaining heat in my house. They know their stuff and they do great work.
- Expert Insulation IncThey did an absolute superior job in every way. They were courteous, prompt and answered all of our questions. They also cleaned everything up and came back to check to make sure we were happy and satisfied with everything. I would highly recommend them to anybody.
Insulation Companies in Preston
- Business Description:Roofing, siding, windows, rain gutters, and more: All Craft Exteriors is the top choice for your exterior remodeling project. Founded in Rochester, MN by a group of craftsmen who enjoyed working together we’ve brought together the best home improvement team in the business. We use top quality products and offer a Lifetime Labor Guarantee. All Craft Exteriors is grateful to have earned a long string of positive reviews. In, fact, over 50% of our business comes from referrals made by previous c..Recent Review:We had 4 contractors come out to give estimates. Only 2 actually got bids to us. ACE was not the cheapest, but was within a thousand dollars of the the other bid. After re-reading reviews and considering the level of communication with ACE, we went with them. They were very responsive and organized. Communication was great and they were willing to work around our schedules. Most importantly, they did a GREAT job on a property that needed lots of extra work and attention. We have since hired them to complete the same work on our personal residence. I would definitely recommend themAmy B.
- Business Description:Small company that prides itself in personal contractor/homeowner relationship. Quality and timely workmanship. Reasonable prices because of less overhead than most bigger construction companiesRecent Review:He did a beautiful job, I paid for the materials, and he did a good job with the repairs. Major repairs was done on the boards that was done in 2011, and some was not installed properly, he came back to fix the boards up he was able to re-fixed the boards properly. He was able to provide additional works for me, thoughtful and considered my needs. One concern I had with the work was that things were not plumb and squaredSue W.
- Business Description:We have been doing remodeling since 2001. We specialize in providing fair prices for high quality products .Recent Review:I called homestead a couple of weeks ago for a quote. Made an appointment with an estimator named Rick. Based on a previous reviews I should've cancelled it or at least have someone else come out to do it. He cancelled the appointment an hour before he was supposed to come over. We reschedule for the next day, Friday. During the appointment I tell him what I want, that I wanted to do a 3 or 4 season over my existing deck and if it went over our budget that I'd like a roof over it instead. He proceeds to tell me about TEMO and I told him to just give me the quotes on what I requested. He was going to work on the quotes over the weekend and we agreed that he'd email the quotes back to me by Tuesday. Tuesday comes and still no email so I emailed him in the evening asking if they were done. He rudely replies saying he didn't say Tuesday but instead Wednesday. Wednesday comes and still nothing. I email back on Thursday and he says would like to come over on the weekend for me to look over the quote even though I asked him to email it. We scheduled the appointment for Saturday and he comes with a quote for only a TEMO system. He didn't give me any quotes for anything that I asked for. When I asked him if he at least had a quote for a roof he stated that I never asked him for such a thing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He tells me he'll give me the quote for a Pergola first thing Sunday morning and here we are, no email for a quote. To top it all off he looked so annoyed when he was giving me the quotes and when I was asking him questions. Poor communication doesn't even begin to describe the experience I've had dealing with him. Homestead you just lost out on a customer and have earned a negative review in the process. You have Rick to thank for thatPaul T.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63..Recent Review:The installation went well. They responded quickly to me and were very communicative. I just think that it was a bit over priced. I paid it because I had no other option at the timefernando d.
- Recent Review:It was a horrible experience, Justin gave a bid and sent a bill for $4k more than the bid, said the job would take 3 days and it still wasn't finished 5 1/2 months later, he took me to court to get paid for the job that still wasn't complete and pieces of steel were blowing off the roof. I won the court case to only pay him the original amount that he quoted, he has not come to repair his poor quality/craftsmanship. I'm stuck with a roof that is missing pieces and now have to hire another company to come in to fix his shotty work. I would advise anyone that is looking for any construction done to their property to run the other direction and save yourself the lost days of work and time sitting in court because he can't do his job the right wayTravis B.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br..Recent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern MinnesotaCesar M.
- Business Description:Priority has been in the construction trades since 1992 as a sub-contractor for many of the largest home builders in Rochester, MN, and surrounding areas. We have built our business on reliability, great service, execution and value. Our knowledge and experience in the construction industry is what makes Priority the right contractor for the job. We are EPA lead certified, which qualifies us as lead paint renovators. By law all contractors must have this to work on any home older than 1978Recent Review:We have been very dissatisfied with the customer service provided by the contractor. They have been non responsive during the entire process. Resolutions to problems have gone on way further than necessary. Promises to resolve issues the next day have not occurred. I would not recommend to anyoneTim H.
- Business Description:I am a home repair & services specialist. My usual answer to your repair problem will be, "I can fix that" or "I can do that" or "I can build that." I usually work alone, but have manpower available if we need it
- Business Description:Home ImprovementRecent Review:It was a disaster. They hired a third-party contractor to do the siding. It was poorly done. Nails were not clean up properly. My door bell was broken. My water pipe was leaked after the siding job. But they claimed that was not their liability initially. After I pressed several time, they finally admitted and get them fix. But you shouldn't have gone through such experience. The worst part is roofing. Well, my roofing is leaking for crying out loud. They didn't know how to do chimney flashing properly. My roof was leaking, and I contacted them, they were not responsible. They cited multiple reasons (chimney cracks, no chimney huts, high directional rains, etc). It was very hard to get a hold of them. I sent them pictures of the leaks and they said it was old, like I was making this up. For the record, I am from Madison and they are from Minnesota. So they are storm chaser, and after the job is done, they will be gone for long. I have learnt the lesson in a hard way. Other things: they didn't put my gutter back properly after the roofing job. So my gutters and gutter guard are useless now. They can't hold water. And after every rain and when the snow melt, water is all over the place. And you know what was there answer when I complained? They said, you should have had this replaced because the insurance paid for it. This was BS. The owner Kelly Madson is not an honest person. He came over and check the leaking after so many effort of mine to get a hold of him. There are two chimneys in my home. He went up the attic and said then once is leaking and the other one was not. But having something in my guts, my wife actually climbed up the attic to check the other chimney and it was leaking too. So please beware! I am talking to my attorney to see what can be done. If they don't get the situation under control (both the roof, and the damage by the leak, and the gutter), I consider suing them. I've attached here the pictures of the real leaks. There are some more pictures about the improper gutter guards and the damage to the house because of water was not hold in side the gutter. I'll post the later once I have more timeThanh D.
- Business Description:We manufacture Advanced Energy Panels (AEPs). AEPs are a retrofit for historic windows or any window people can't afford or don’t wish to replace. AEPs are interior window insulating panels and can be installed in any building –office, home or industrial. AEPs have a higher insulation and air sealing rating and provide greater comfort than most replacement windows, yet they are a fraction of the cost. AEPs are custom made to fit over existing openings, protecting, preserving and improvin..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Installing a radiant barrier is an excellent way to keep the heat out of your home. Using this guide, you’ll learn how to install a radiant barrier yourself in five easy steps. Though, you’ll want to bring some friends to get the job done.
Is DIY fiberglass insulation safe? Handling fiberglass could cause a range of health issues related to skin, eyes, organs, and even cancer. Knowing how to avoid fiberglass dangers is important when planning a DIY insulation project.
Find insulation contractors in
- Spring Valley
- Saint Charles
- Spring Grove
- Le Roy
- Grand Meadow
insulation contractors in Preston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Gary Kline Roofing Inc3021 43rd St NW
- Gary Kline Roofing Inc
- Legacy Roofing and Construction2019 Arlen Ct SW
- Legacy Roofing and Construction
- Northern Duct Seal4135 W Ave.
- Northern Duct Seal
- Priority Construction Services306 Elton Hills Drive NW
- Priority Construction Services
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Steve Gentry Construction LLC2307 7th St NW
- Superior Exteriors MN Inc.4520 Tower Street
- Smart Energy Solutions
- tpr services unlimited llc1750 2nd St NW
- tpr services unlimited llc