The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Get matched with top garage builders in Preston, MN
There are 5 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Preston
- Shanahan Building and Remodeling, LLCChris (Shanahan) had to remove and replace 15 large windows and a patio door that had leaked water into the framing, excise the cedar channel siding, sheathing and framing, re-frame the addition and re-install the windows that could be salvaged plus three that could not, and a new door. This was more challenging than simply building a new structure, as one side was spanned by the deck and oak flooring, and on the other three the rubber roof had to be peeled back and re-glued. The header over the door and on one side had to be removed along with the king studs that supported the roof headers and a sill plate as well. Drywall had to be removed on two sides and there were some complicated wiring routes. Tricky to do without inflicting collateral damage. Working sometimes alone, sometimes with an assistant and usually with a high school senior apprentice, he got the job done in about a month, salvaged many of the windows (some were beyond repair), most of the interior trim and about half of the (expensive) cedar siding which he took pains to remove with out splitting it - very tricky. After each day's work he cleaned the worksite and wrapped the open house against insects, dirt and recurring storms. He always called ahead with the days' schedules. We have dealt with many contractors and subs over the last three decades and three homes, and Chris outperforms all in all categories of tasks. And he does everything from framing to finish work, to taping and mudding. The project, expensive as it had to be, came in under budget. He consulted closely with us for all details, including the structural work, and explained each option on cost versus benefit without ever talking down to us. Summary: Smart, intelligent, educated, competent, accurate, efficient, neat, reasonable, cordial
- Reecer Remodeling & DrywallJeremy is a perfectionist. At the end of putting a second coat of paint on he was walking around with a brush and can looking for any mistakes. He also did extra work not bid to get the job done right. Very easy to work with. He also explained why he did certain things as he went along. Very pleased with the work
- Nelson Overhead DoorIn the course of all these tasks, Mr. Nelson displayed solid knowledge and experience of his craft. He was always professional, polite, punctual, dependable and creative. With the exception of the garage door opener (which he completed flawlessly of course), all the other projects were demanding, made to order projects, where ordinary skills just would not do. He was extremely helpful at every stage of the projects, guiding the laymen through every step of the construction minefield. He made sure not only the physical product was done, but that the aesthetics were preserved and enhanced. He was a joy to work with and we enjoyed the product of his work every day at the house
- Batzel Builders Inc.After the initial sticker shop of a dream garage I had to start making compromises. Batzel Builders was the only contractor that was responding in a reasonable time. Then when I was ready to start I learned that I had to apply for a variance that took 2 months and we missed a start time until spring, but even got delayed. All the delay was due to me and not the contractor. While I waited out winter the contractor called periodically just to stay in touch and helped fine-tune the details of some of the work. I changed my mind countless times but the contractor stayed the course and even made suggestions for many of the ideas I had. He was great to work with. Most contractors want to know all the details when bidding and insist on sticking to it. I had one contractor drop off because he didn't like all the changing. If you want near perfection, the ability to make changes, responsible work and a fun person to work with you can't go wrong with Dustin Batzel of Batzel Builders. Yes, I may have put this garage over budget but I also have closest thing to my original dream garage. I couldn't be happier with the result
- Steve Gentry Construction LLCThey did a fantastic job! The workmanship was very high quality. Also, they're friendly and very courteous.
- Drywall Services of Rochester, Inc.If I decide to go with them, this company is the one that I’d probably go with. The quote was for a 24x24 garage ceiling for $800. The overall experience was very good. They were easy to talk with, they explained everything that they were going to do and they seem like pretty nice guys.
- HAVE TOOLS WILL FIX LLCWe told them what we wanted, they came out, gave us a materials list and built the most FANTASTIC well cover we could image. It was WELL BEYOND any expectations. They showed up when they said they would, the cleaned up the sight before they left & just did an OUTSTANDING job ... we will use Have Tools Will Fix LLC AGAIN and AGAIN
- ANDERSON CONSTRUCTIONThey gave me an estimate of $60000. It's a good experience. They're knowledgeable and well-versed in the industry. The work's not done. So far, they're high quality, in-demand and needs patience.
- M&M Construction & Cleaning IncThey are coming this summer to blacktop my driveway. They do a good job and make sure that everything is up to code. The owner is a perfectionist so he makes sure the customers are happy and that the work is done properly. I talked to the owner about their need to communicate better as far as giving me time frames and such. They do a good job; it is just that they did not come out when they said they were going to all the time. I think, basically, it was because they were overloaded with work
- Priority Construction ServicesWe have been very dissatisfied with the customer service provided by the contractor. They have been non responsive during the entire process. Resolutions to problems have gone on way further than necessary. Promises to resolve issues the next day have not occurred. I would not recommend to anyone.
Garage Builders in Preston
- Business Description:Wm Bardwell Homes has been serving southeast Minnesota residents since 1970. Quality construction comes from extensive experience, well trained craftsmen, on-site project management and attention to detail.Recent Review:My only complaint was that they didn't wear masks.Richard J.
- Business Description:Nick and Desirae Pegram founded Pegram & Dexter Construction and Design LLC to provide their community with local, licensed and trustworthy skilled trade services that focus on exceptional craftsmanship, attention to detail and an invested personal connection with each project they do. Their team has over 40 years of experience in all facets of construction to provide the proficient knowledge and competence it takes to bring your ideas and aspirations into reality. Pegram & Dexter endeavors t..Recent Review:Very well. Nick spent time with us , gave us some options and ideas. We ended up changing our minds on some things but I would hire him if we have any future projects.Garth W.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Jim Thompson is the president and owner of Thompson's Garage Door and Openers Company, Inc. He started the business in 1991, selling and installing out of his own garage. Twenty-four years and a lot of hard work later, we now have a new high-tech showroom and office. We are a 4-star dealer for C.H.I. Overhead Doors and we're an Authorized LiftMaster dealer for residential and commercial garage door, and gate operators. We are also the local SE MN dealer for the Lifestyle Garage Screen DoorsRecent Review:I was very impressed with the quality of communication and the professionalism of the crew that did the work. Fair price for the work done and product received.Theresa H.
- Business Description:We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated construction company. Briggs and Rabehl Builders LLC is a licensed general contractor in MN, that specializes in home remodeling, additions, garages and post frame buildings. With well over 30+ years in the trades, we have the experience and know how to complete all of your projectsRecent Review:Fantastic work...Shane, Mike and crew were great to work with and would definitely hire again. Fairly priced and completed on time!Greg G.
- Business Description:Priority has been in the construction trades since 1992 as a sub-contractor for many of the largest home builders in Rochester, MN, and surrounding areas. We have built our business on reliability, great service, execution and value. Our knowledge and experience in the construction industry is what makes Priority the right contractor for the job. We are EPA lead certified, which qualifies us as lead paint renovators. By law all contractors must have this to work on any home older than 1978Recent Review:We have been very dissatisfied with the customer service provided by the contractor. They have been non responsive during the entire process. Resolutions to problems have gone on way further than necessary. Promises to resolve issues the next day have not occurred. I would not recommend to anyoneTim H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br..Recent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern MinnesotaCesar M.
- Business Description:Established in 1946 Anderson Construction has been family owned for three generations and has fourth generation family working in the company ensuring that the reputation of quality will continue on for years to come!Recent Review:They gave me an estimate of $60000. It's a good experience. They're knowledgeable and well-versed in the industry. The work's not done. So far, they're high quality, in-demand and needs patience.Gayette G.
- Business Description:KC Star is a small family oriented company owned and operated by Ken Carman. I am hands on and involved in every project. I have a very broad spectrum of experience with over 18 years in comercial and residential construction, Large and small project management and coordination, repair and maintenance there is very little that I have not handled. I take pride that my company only exists on referrals. I offer creative project planning and the utilize most current technology for efficent funct..Recent Review:He was very friendly and knowledgeable. We even went to Lowes to discuss further bathroom options for the remodel for my client. We were supposed to receive an email after Thanksgiving with an estimate for the remodel. I didn't get an estimate so I texted and asked when we should expect it. No response. I texted again a few days later saying we needed the estimate by Monday as we were going to gather other estimates as well. Again, no response. Not even a text saying he was too busy to take on the job or anything. I really liked Ken but the lack of response was really troubling to my client and myself as well. I'm sure he does great work if you can get a hold of him. <br /Angela N.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
If water is coming up through the garage floor after heavy rain, there are a few steps that you should take to protect your home. We’ll cover what to do in case of flooding, along with steps you can take to prevent it from happening in the future.
Find garage builders in
- Spring Valley
- Rushford Village
- Saint Charles
- Spring Grove
- Le Roy
- Grand Meadow
garage builders in Preston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- CJ Bernard LLC25819 615th St
- CJ Bernard LLC
- Ed's Repairs & Remodeling1659 Valley View Dr.
- Ed's Repairs & Remodeling
- FINAL CUT CONSTRUCTION6241 SHETLAND DR NW
- FINAL CUT CONSTRUCTION
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
- J. Benson Construction
- Legacy Roofing and Construction2019 Arlen Ct SW
- Legacy Roofing and Construction
- William Bardwell Co LLC618 2nd Ave NE
- William Bardwell Co LLC