A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Traverse City, MI
There are 2 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Traverse City
- Larry Clark Pumper ServiceService was excellent: Mr. Clark knew his business, got right down to it. Truck was clean, so was the work site after Mr. Clark finished. Mr. Clark also stepped up to offer advice - in my case, to limit sprinkler system irrigation over the septic field as much as practical, to ensure field won't get saturated over time, which would cause field to fail. (Caused me to halve the daily sprinkling time in that zone, in addition to turning system off, on and after days when it rains.
- ABSOLUTE HOME SERVICESI hardly ever take the time to write online reviews, but these guys were so impressive I wanted to thank them in some way. Four of them showed up together to perform an inspection on the home we're buying and each of them was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. After they each performed their portion of the inspection they walked me around the house and showed me all of their concerns and all of the things that were favorable about the house. They sent an extraordinarily detailed report about the inspection on the same day. It has a punch list of items we will need to take care of over time. I can't say enough about these guys. They were so professional and thorough and I would recommend them to everyone
- HARTLAND SEPTIC SVCThey were very helpful in figuring out exactly what was wrong with the septic tank in addition to doing the pump out. They provided some information on how I can fix it myself. I would give them an A+ in professionalism if I could.
- BENZIE & CRYSTAL PUMPING SVCHe promptly came out and dug out my septic (during the polar vortex minus degree temperatures) and had me flush the toilet twice. He said there was no water flowing into the septic from the house and suggested that I call the rotor-rooter people again. He even offered to talk to them himself. He only charged me $75.00 as a service call charge. Then, his wife called me on 1/16/2014 just to see if everything was working properly. That's what I call "Excellent" service
- All Rooter PlumbingCompetent and helpful in a not so glamorous job. Taught me a few things and gave me advice that I was happy to receive. The service solved the immediate problem and the advice will delay the next time I will need service again.
- Scott's Backhoe Service IncHe did a great job on both accounts. He is intuitive and understanding of what is needed. He makes generous recommendations and is very good at what he does. I would highly recommend him.
- KAL EXCAVATING COreally well, impressed by their service, was professional, showed up on time, kept me updated with the progress and was very happy with the results, the only concern with anything was that the topsoil wasn't evened out very well. UPDATE: The company had read our review on here and our concern regarding the topsoil not being evenly spread. We were contacted by them and they said they would come back out in the spring and even it out more
- BELANGER'S Septic ServicesIt was the best team of people I've ever had come to work on my house. They come promptly when you ask them to come out. He discussed the septic with me and is very sincere and understanding of your needs. He is willing to work with people. When you hire them, they are on time and very efficient and precise and take pride in their work. The price is also very reasonable. I would say the work was done to perfection
- BELANGER'S Septic ServicesMy septic tank backed up on a Sunday morning. I called the number and within 5 minutes I received a phone call back. He referred me to a place that was closer to my hometown. he was very honest and said I would save a lot of money if I could wait till Monday morning to have it done and I've I really much appreciate that. He was very professional. I would definitely recommend him if I lived in the Traverse City area
- Beeman's Trucking & BulldozingMr. Beemans put a septic system in for us in the fall of 2012. The alarm on the pump he installed started to go off in the winter of 2013. My daughter and her family were on a mini-vacation at the house. When I called Mr Beemans for help, he refused to come to help; he said he was too busy snow plowing for companies such as WalMart. He hung up on me. We had another company come and address the issue. Two weeks ago we found out part of the original septic system, which we had thought was disabled, started to overflow. Unbeknownst to us, part otf the original septic system was not only still in use, but also not connected to the new system. Thus it could not handle the plumbing contents that were going into it. Mr. Beeman's response is that he did not know the house was plumbed that way, and he is not going to compensate us in any way for this mistake, which has obviously cost us money to have another company fix. I have called him three times to try to reach some sort of agreement; after ranting for a while he has hung up on me each time. As per the other review concerning Mr Beeman's business practice, he asked us also for more money than he had originally bid back in 2013
Last update on May 13, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Traverse City, MI
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you should hire a septic service pro or a plumber depends on many factors. Here’s how to tell who should fix your septic system backup.
Septic tank risers make it easy to access your septic tank when it’s time for routine inspection, maintenance, and pumping, saving you precious time and labor costs.
Find septic tank services in
- Lake Ann,
- Maple City,
- Suttons Bay,
- Elk Rapids,
- Lake Leelanau,
- Glen Arbor,
- Rapid City,
- South Boardman,
Septic Tank Contractors in Traverse City, MI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- All Rooter Plumbing10352 Betise Creek Dr
Interlochen, Michigan 49643
- All Rooter Plumbing
- Beeman's Trucking & Bulldozing4822 Outer Dr
Grawn, Michigan 49637
- Beeman's Trucking & Bulldozing
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- KAL EXCAVATING CO5711 N West Bay Shore Dr
Omena, Michigan 49674
- KAL EXCAVATING CO
Septic tank companies that service Traverse City
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.