Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Springfield, MA
There are 9 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Springfield
- Wind River EnvironmentalI called yesterday to verified they would be here this morning. No show. I called at approximately 1 p.m. and was assured they would be here before 3:30 p.m. Called at 4:00 p.m. and was on hold for 8 mins. Called again and was on hold for 14 mins. Called again and on hold for 15 minutes then hit 9 for a call back and have yet to get the call back
- KARL'S EXCAVATINGMy husband and I bought a house in Hadley in late 2021. The septic system had failed a Title 5 inspection and needed to be repaired. We agreed with the previous owner that the repairs would be done after we moved. The previous owner, who was paying for the repairs, selected Karl’s Excavating to do the work, and we ended up having numerous problems dealing with them. Karl’s took a saw to anything in our yard that they thought was in their way, without our permission. We were told that in order to access the back yard, Karl’s would need to cut down some trees, and they told us which ones they would cut. However, on the first day that they came to do work, they cut down a tree that they had not told us they were going to remove. If they really needed to cut it in order to access the back yard, we would have given them permission, but they cut it without even letting us know. Similarly, there is a wooden retaining wall and attached set of wooden stairs in our back yard near the septic tank. Karl’s took a saws-all and cut off the bottom step. Not only did they not tell us ahead of time that they would be doing this, but they did a sloppy job of it, leaving a jagged edge where the step met the wall. Again, if they needed to do this in order to access the septic tank, we would have authorized it, but they never gave us a heads-up. Additionally, when we later mentioned that we might just take out all of the stairs, the workers warned us that we might not be able to do that because the stairs—one of which they had cut off without permission—were structurally tied in to the retaining wall. No one at Karl’s seems to be in charge of project management or communicating with customers. The only person who seems to have any idea what is going on at Karl’s is the owner, Steve. But Steve does not communicate effectively with either customers or his own employees. When we would reach out to ask questions, Steve would rarely get back to us, instead delegating that task to one of his employees, who didn’t have adequate information to answer our questions. On a couple of occasions, when we mentioned to workers at our house that we had emailed Steve to ask him a question, they rolled their eyes and told us, “Good luck with that.” I’m sure everyone at Karl’s was sick of us trying to contact them, but we wouldn’t have kept contacting them if they had just answered our questions. There are other problems that I could get into, but this review is long enough as it is. So far, we haven’t had any issues with our septic system itself, so hopefully the work that Karl’s did on that was okay. But nothing about my interactions with Karl’s gives me confidence in the quality of their work
- Complete Septic Service LLCDavid came out the next day for a system check and also replaced the broken cover. Very dependable, I highly recommend him and he will definitely be the person I will call from now on.
- Advanced Sewer & Drain IncSo you find your self with a plumbing problem. It is Labor day. Everything is closed. You have company on the way water is running all over the floor. What do you do (after you shut off the water) You call these guys Advanced Sewer & Drain You will be amazed. I contacted them via Angies list on a holiday. I less than 15 minutes they called back to set up an early am appointment for the following morning. They showed up on time as promised were very efficient, neat and professional . .
- Complete Septic Service LLCNo damage done to lawn which was main concern since this was our first tank pump-out and it is located ~75 feet from driveway across new lawn. Great job!
- Complete Septic Service LLCThey came in gave me a good estimate and found the problem within no time. Replaced the pipe in no time and left things the way they were. Awesome job.
- Complete Septic Service LLCVery good, very positive, I'm very pleased with them. I didn't have any bad experience at all. I guess the best part, it was very easy dealing with him and it was cheaper than I expected.
- Complete Septic Service LLCl heard about Complete Septic Service from a friend. When I called Dave, he responded quickly and came out and determined the problem promptly. Once the pump chamber was dug out and pumped it was determined the current electrical configuration was all oxidized and rusted (causing the pump to short out), in addition the riser and the cover were broken. Dave and Jason worked extremely hard to get the riser out and managed to to so in a professional and timely manner with very little digging involved. After the new riser and cover were ready to be installed the electrician came in and rewired the pump correctly and installed an air/water tight electrical box. After the box was installed and verified everything working they installed the additional riser and cover. After all work was performed the area had little to no disturbance which was extremely nice to see. Dave cleaned up everything and the lawn now looks like it was never dug up. I would highly recommend Dave and Jason's company to anyone that needs septic work. The level of professionalism and work ethic this team far exceeds many other spetic companies I have used in the past. In my opinion they are the best septic company around
- Complete Septic Service LLCExcellent service from start to finish. Dave arrived on time and got right to work. He was readily able to find the pipes from the Title V map I had from our closing on the house. He pumped the system and then installed the riser - sleeve and new cap, then replaced the dirt and sod. I would definitely use his service again
- Complete Septic Service LLCI called the company, and heard back from them with in an hour. They were able to come out to my house the next day, and he was able to locate and dig up my tank within 30 minutes, and only charged me and extra $30. He was also very informative about how my septic system works. I would highly recommend using this company
Last update on April 29, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Springfield, MA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
It’s crucial to install a septic tank with the right volume to avoid wastewater backups. This guide will help you calculate the right septic tank volume.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
Septic Tank Contractors in Springfield, MA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Fletcher Sewer & Drain IncPO Box 554
Ludlow, Massachusetts 01056
- Fletcher Sewer & Drain Inc
- GREG'S AUTO BODY239 GREENFIELD RD STE A
South Deerfield, Massachusetts 01373
- GREG'S AUTO BODY
- J.G. Austin Services378 West Street
Belchertown, Massachusetts 01007
- J.G. Austin Services
- Klean Assurance 124 River St
Palmer, Massachusetts 01069
- Klean Assurance
- Matt's Pro Plumbing Inc43 Brooke Meadow Rd
Berlin, Connecticut 06037
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Hampden & Hampshire Counties109 Lyman St
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040
- Matt's Pro Plumbing Inc
- NEW ENGLAND HOME RENOVATIONS AND JUNK REMOVAL26 Salisbury St
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- NEW ENGLAND HOME RENOVATIONS AND JUNK REMOVAL
- Primos LLC1565 Broadway 505
Saugus, Massachusetts 01906
- Primos LLC
- Schiller Bros. Earth Moving & Construction Corp.244 Cedar Street
Fiskdale, Massachusetts 01518
- Schiller Bros. Earth Moving & Construction Corp.
- Tankaway2 Shawsheen Rd
Boston, Massachusetts 02128
Septic tank companies that service Springfield
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.