A 1 Foundation Crack Repair Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2011

We Stop Water! We Repair Foundations! SPEAK TO A LIVE PRO, 7 DAYS A WEEK! (866) 942-7225 25 Years in Business - Engineer on Staff. A-1 Foundation Crack Repair is a 2nd Generation service company with over 25 years’ experience in helping customers stop water from coming into their homes and repairing their foundation issues. Concrete, stone, or block foundations… We have solutions for each. Speak to a Live Pro, 7 Days a week! (866) 942-7225. We Stop Water. We Repair Foundations. Does this sound familiar with your home?? - Water is coming into your basement - There is a foundation issue that might be a structural issue, but you are not sure - You have an old house with a fieldstone basement that is starting to deteriorate - You are trying to sell your house, but buyers hesitate when they go downstairs Our areas of expertise include: - Foundation Wall Cracks - Foundation Floor Cracks - Lally Column Installation - Fieldstone Foundation Re-pointing - Leaking Bulkheads - Sump Pumps - Leaking Tie Rods - Floor Wall Seam - Pipe Penetrations SPEAK TO A LIVE PRO, 7 DAYS A WEEK! (866) 942-7225 ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

foundation repair (83)basement waterproofing (30)concrete repair (10)masonry (6)well & water pump repair (3)

08/01/2022

David D.

A1 called immediately on Monday when I requested a quote on Sunday. They squeezed us in their schedule to accommodate our upcoming vacation and did an incredibly efficient and thorough job.

Description of Work
Leaking Crack in Foundation Wall

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/30/2022

04/29/2022

Mark G.

First of all, I was so impressed with the fact that I have solved a problem that has been going on for 8 years. I had the big guys give me estimates for $ 24,000.00. I got this resolved in 3 hours and I paid under $ 1,000.00. I am so relieved to have finally fixed this nightmare. I not only recommend A-1. I think you would be doing yourself a disservice to not have them do your project. Thank you again, Mark.

Description of Work
Basement leak and entry stair leak

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/29/2022

02/18/2022

SURESH D.

Rich called me back Sunday! He knew the problem was not something he would be able to help with but he called regardless and explained that the cause of my water leak was bad flashing, and it is not a foundation problem.

Description of Work
I had some water leak into the basement

Work Completed On 02/17/2022

04/11/2021

Brian C.

The team was very detailed when I called about my situation (foundation crack from top to bottom with some water coming out). They explained how they would handle it, how long it took and payment. Same result when they were onsite and explained if the issue persists they would come back to rectify it, plus provided a ten year guarantee for their work.

Description of Work
Fill basement wall crack.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/11/2021

03/30/2021

Kim V.

Excellent service, staff communicates extremely well, excels in scheduling to meet customer needs, 10 year work warranty which is transferable to new owner if property sale.

Description of Work
Crack repair

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

02/15/2021

Joanne S.

Rich gave me very important critical information over the phone to allow me to make a decision. He did not want renumeration. He gave me expert advice and a method to proceed. I learned about my concrete block basement and the reasons for the leaking. I can now approach the company that originally helped with the new construction for their help.

Description of Work
I needed to understand why I have water running into my basement after a stone porch was added to the front of my house.

Category concrete repair, masonry, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

01/18/2021

Sara C.

I contacted A-1 on a Saturday after water came into the basement around the water main pipe during a nor’easter. Rich contacted me that day and we made an appointment for repair after explaining to me what work would be done and the cost. The appointment was about three weeks out, but A-1 contacted me when they had a cancelation and were able to come sooner. They texted me to let me know they would arrive right on time. The repair people were polite and informative. I was impressed with the professionalism of the entire procedure. In fact, in a more recent storm, another leak appeared in the basement and I am hiring A-1 again. The seal they did around the pipe held very well, there was no water intrusion at that point. This is my first experience with this type of work, but I felt the price charged was fair. I would highly recommend A-1!

Description of Work
Sealing a leak around the water main coming into the basement.

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

01/12/2021

Yiannis P.

I contacted A-1 Foundation Crack Repair for repairing a rusty support column in the basement. Rich contacted me and a few photos later, he came up with a plan to add another support column, along with the potential cost. His crew came one day at the specified time to lay a new footing and returned a couple of weeks later to add the column. The communication was perfect and they were professional and punctual, with the final cost matching the original quote.

Description of Work
Repair support column (lally column)

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

12/10/2020

STEVE C.

Excellent. person that came out was friendly and professional. Did all work requested and asked us to look at work when finished to assure we we satisfied. We would definitely have them do more work if needed.

Description of Work
repoint field stone foundation

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

12/07/2020

Pamela W.

Outstanding service, fair price and professional work.

Description of Work
Crack Repair

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

11/16/2020

Nicole T.

A1 Foundation Crack Repair has been great to work with! I recently purchased an older home that was completely flipped besides for the basement which is made of brick and stone. The mortar was crumbling in quite a few places and they did a great job touching everything up. Not only that, but they went above and beyond when I happened to find a dead skunk in my basement the night before they were planning to come! They helped me get rid of it and investigate where it came in through so they could plug up the hole. Everyone I have talked to has been very friendly and responsive as well! Highly recommend! I will definitely be going back to them if I need any more work done!

Description of Work
Basement Repointing

Category masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

Thank you for sharing your positive experience working with Scott! We pride ourselves on timely communication, professionalism and meeting your stone foundation repointing needs. Thank you for choosing A-1 Foundation Crack Repair.

10/16/2020

Maureen S.

I spoke with Adam who was able to assess the water issues in my basement by asking some very pointed questions and reviewing photos of the problem areas. Scheduling was very easy. Andrew arrived promptly at the scheduled time, followed all social distancing protocols and worked very efficiently. I am very satisfied with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Repaired a crack in my foundation wall

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your positive experience working with Andrew! We pride ourselves on timely communication, professionalism and meeting your foundation repair needs. Thank you for choosing A-1 Foundation Crack Repair.

10/06/2020

rm E.

EXCELLENT. They were knowledgeable, experienced and professional. Contacted them for a quote for several water leaks in our basement. Sent them a photo and they responded within 24 hours with information and suggested fixes. We asked questions and they provided complete answers explaining the various options. They then provided a quote and we scheduled the day for repairs. The technician, Andrew contacted us 30 minutes before his arrival, which was on time, presented wearing a mask and maintained social distancing. We showed him the work area and he asked a couple of questions then got to work. 3 of the 4 leaks were easily repaired and the fourth was a challenge. He called his office and after several discussions they had a plan B. Several hours later all the leaks had stopped and they provided us with a 10 year warranty form and cleaned up and left. No surprises, no extras the quote agreed to at the start was what we paid. No changes, no hassles. Several days later we had a bad rainstorm and 7 days later that when the water would have flowed into the basement.... NOTHING, our basement is 100% dry. I would highly recommend A-1 to anyone with any kind of basement water leak.

Description of Work
We had a long standing water leak that had several attempts at being fixed and none worked.

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Review for A 1 Foundation Crack Repair Inc - 282 Central St, Hudson, MA - 38926016

09/17/2020

Scott H.

I didn't hire A1 which, ironically, is why I strongly recommend them. I probably have a sinkhole under my foundation. I say that because the town recently filled a sinkhole on the street, mere feet from my front door. I've noticed some increased cracking, including the seperation of some drywall at the stud so I called around to see if any foundation repair companies could help. A1 called me right back. They offered great advice on whom I should consider contacting and why. Not only that, they helped me set an expectation about what I can expect and what it'd cost even though they don't perform the service themselves. That level of honestly and forthrightness is something to admire. He knew before he called me that he was going to refer me elsewhere. But he called anyway because he wanted to help. This is the kind of company people should seek out. Sincerely, Scott

Description of Work
Foundation Repair / Evaluation of Possible Sinkhole under my house

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

08/27/2020

Darrell M.

Area was repaired very well, promptly, cleanly, and when the next serious storm hit which prompted flash flood warnings in the area, my basement was dry.

Description of Work
I needed to repair water leaks and mortar degradation in fieldstone foundation wall

Category masonry, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

08/11/2020

Sandra D.

Andrew was very courteous and professional. Repaired the crack and cleaned up after. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and always responded to my calls. Warranty information was sent the following day. Couldn't have been a better experience.

Description of Work
Repair crack in foundation wall

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

08/05/2020

Lennie L.

They showed up when promised and took care of it.

Description of Work
Foundation crack repair

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

08/02/2020

Julie M.

Had foundation leak behind my downstairs bathroom wall. Rich gave me an estimate on the phone and when Andrew came to do the job the actual cost was less. I did have to have Andrew come back due to a couple of hairline cracks off the main ones. Everything has been dry since then. My entire experience with A1 was a pleasure. I hope I don’t have any more cracks but if I do, I will call A1.

Description of Work
Had cracks in foundation wall

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

07/23/2020

Michelle M.

Quality work, very responsive, and very professional. The job ended up being twice the size as originally planned due to some additional work not in the original estimate (my issue, not theirs). Bob stayed until the whole job was finished despite it being longer than planned. I would hire again if needed!

Description of Work
Foundation Crack Repair

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

05/08/2020

Bridge H.

I called A-1 late on a Friday and they quickly answered and gave a detailed response to all my questions about my crack repair. At the end of the day he saved me a lot of money. I'm very thankful for his advice.

Description of Work
Advice on crack repair

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

Thank you for your recommendation! We truly appreciate your feedback and always strive to provide the most positive experience to our customers and we are always available for your phone calls, no matter how late or how early.

03/31/2020

Eileen W.

All went well and more quickly than I anticipated but piles of debris i.e. concrete bits, were left. This basement was cobwebby and needed a sweeping to start but I thought the leftovers from the work should have been taken away.

Description of Work
Several cracks needed repair in basement concrete.

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

Thank you for your recommendation! We truly appreciate your feedback.

03/07/2020

Laurel H.

I put off getting it fixed, imagining a big project and a large bill. I gathered up my courage and put in my request on Angie's List. I quickly received referrals from them, and called A-1 Foundation Repair. They were cordial and responsive, assuring me that it could be done efficiently. Three days later he arrived when he said he would, explained the process and repaired the crack and the leak. His price was reasonable. After he arrived we added the repair of a crack in the garage floor, which he sealed. Couldn't have been a better experience.

Description of Work
A crack and leak in a basement wall.

Work Completed On 02/28/2020