Just because your septic tank is “out of sight and out of mind” doesn’t mean it’s working properly. Find out how much it costs to repair your septic tank.
Get matched with top septic system services in Oak Park, IL
There are 18 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Oak Park
- Weidner's Septic Service IncVery knowledgeable and professional team pumped our septic tanks, and identified and made repairs to improve system performance. Very pleased and would highly recommend.
- Illinois Sewer And Drain IncOutstanding work done quickly and for a fair price. Professional and courteous. Did exactly what they promised, on schedule. Highly recommend.
- Absolute PlumbingIf you have a plumbing issue look no further than Absolute Plumbing. Edwin the technician was on time professional courteous, viewed the project made recommendations and offered great services and a fair price for the services performed. Highly recommend if you have any plumbing issue to deploy Absolute for all your plumbing needs, Another Satisfied Customer Kevin War
- Illinois Sewer And Drain IncWe used Joel from Illinois Sewer and Drain. Joel called me immediately after I filled out the online form and was out to my house in 2 hours. In 2 days I had his estimate, which was fair and of great value. When I told him we were going to hire him he scheduled us for the next day. Six guys were here all day and the job was done in a day and a quarter. Joel was professional, classy, friendly, fair and kind. So were the men who work for him. We were very impressed. My husband asked Joel to look at our sump pumps and a silcock that was dripping. The next day he was out and replaced 2 of our 3 sump pumps, (which were not working at all) and some piping and fixed the silcock. So, two days after he replaced our entire septic tank we had him out to replace two of our three sump pumps! So yes ! We would use him again! We are thrilled with his work and his knowledge and professionalism and will use him again for sure. We are so grateful that we found him. We called for estimates from three companies and one came out and was charging a hefty price to do and exploratory evaluation. One never called me back and he was the one we chose, He so prompt and so professional and so fair. So thankful that we found him
- Illinois Sewer And Drain IncEXCELLENT! The pipe clogged on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON, of course. Water was leaking into our basement! I started looking for someone with 24 hour service, and no one could come out. Then I got a call from IL Sewer and Drain. Joe said he could be out in about an hour, it was already after 4:30 pm. He came out, and was able to unclog our pipe! But upon inspection, the pipe needed to be replaced. He was able to schedule it for the next morning! The work took a few hours, but was all finished and cleaned up! I would not hesitate to hire them again or give them an outstanding reference
- Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc.First firm I called was not responsive, didn't come when promised, and after they looked at it, wanted over $600 to remove/reinstall the toilet and another $900 to rod the drain line. For about two hours work, that was ridiculous, so I called Duane Blanton around 1:00. They were responsive, initially saying they could get someone here by 5:00, but within 30 seconds said they could get someone there within an hour - what great service. Mark Peterson and his helper showed up and were professional, polite, and knowledgeable. They diagnosed the problem, checked the septic tank to confirm that wasn't the problem, and quoted a very reasonable price to do the same work the other firm had quoted $1,500 for. Excellent communications on what needed to be done, what they were going to do, and let me know when they were going to make noise. They were quick and had everything done within 2 hours. I can't say enough good things about them - prompt, reasonably priced, and conscientious. I'd go to them in a heartbeat and strongly recommend them
- Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc.They were really helpful and actually it turned out pretty good. We did have to have them come back; it was still under warranty. They were very quick to respond and make good on that. They were real diligent in getting the work done by the end of the day.
- J&S Plumbing, Inc.Hard workers and they did a very good job. Our septic tank became defective and we decided to replace it entirely. They were able to schedule a date less than a week after we signed a contract for the work. They took care of getting a permit from the village, contacting another company to drain the septic tank, and breaking the septic tank up. This company has done other projects in Bloomingdale and worked closely with Village officials to do the job right. Prior to the work, we did have a village of Bloomingdale water dept employee come out and mark the location of the sewer. We did call JULIE to mark the location of underground cables. Comcast apparently never came out because they severed an unmarked Comcast cable. Not JS plumbing fault. Comcast did put a temporary wire in a day after we called but we were without internet for a day. I recommend calling Comcast first before doing the work. Do not rely strictly on JULIE. Beware, this is a very messy project and your lawn will have a large trench. JS plumbing advised to leave it settle at least 8 weeks before contacting a landscaper. Also be advised that it may be necessary to take out part of your fence in order to get heavy machinery into the yard. This is right in the contract and they do not replace fences. One fence post has to be replaced because the heavy equipment could not fit thru a gate. We were aware of it and knew that it had to be removed. The entire job took only a day and a half. JS Plumbing broke up the septic tank and buried it as required by village code. We are very happy with services provided and glad to get rid of septic tank
- BLACK GOLD SEPTICAmazing. They were very responsive and were able to squeeze me in on a tight deadline. Highly recommend.
- RON'S TIDY TANK SEPTIC SERVICECrew came out as scheduled with a call 30 minutes before that they were on their way. They found a cracked cement cover which they replaced for $30 and were done with the service in about 40 minutes. I used them about 4 years ago and continue to be happy with their service and cost.
Last update on June 24, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Oak Park, IL
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Need a Small Bath in Detached Garage. Are There Any Self Contained Septic Systems I Could Use and What is Involved?
Question by ewpk: I have septic, but know cost of adding another septic or the ability to add to mine is probably not allowed or cost prohibited. Had once heard
Find septic tank services in
- River Forest,
- Forest Park,
- Elmwood Park,
- Stone Park,
- River Grove,
- North Riverside,
- Melrose Park,
- Harwood Heights,
- Franklin Park,
- La Grange Park,
- Schiller Park,
Septic Tank Contractors in Oak Park, IL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Dan Reeg Plumbing7112 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Oak Park, Illinois 60304
- Dan Reeg Plumbing
- 2 Plumbers, Inc.7604 W Irving Park Rd
Harwood Heights, Illinois 60706
- 2 Plumbers, Inc.
- A&J Sewer & Septic Service, Inc.1055 Courtesy
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
- Able Sewerage Company3024 E 79th St
Chicago, Illinois 60649
- Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland 3021 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60618
- Allan E Power Plumbing & Heating8800 W. 47th St
Brookfield, Illinois 60513
- Amazing Plumbing & Sewer7921 N Lowell Ave
Skokie, Illinois 60076
- ARCE Plumbing and Sewer4514 Grove Ave Apt 4
Brookfield, Illinois 60513
- A&J Sewer & Septic Service, Inc.
- CARL'S SEPTIC20W 335 S Frontage Rd
Lemont, Illinois 60439
- Chicago Plumbing Experts512 S. La Grange Rd
La Grange, Illinois 60525
- Chicago Water Pros4320 Winfield Road Suite 200
Warrenville, Illinois 60555
- CJ Plumbing & Heating1906 Greenwood St
Evanston, Illinois 60201
- Compass PlumbingPO Box 326
Lombard, Illinois 60148
- COOL CONSTRUCTION CO1500 JOANN LN
Addison, Illinois 60101
- CARL'S SEPTIC
- Friendly Plumbing1539 Seminole Rd
Algonquin, Illinois 60102
- Friendly Plumbing
- Larry's Plumbing Co.2316 17th Ave.
Franklin Park, Illinois 60131
- Larry's Plumbing Co.
- Patrick B Murphy Plumbing and Piping Co1426 Sherman Rd
Romeoville, Illinois 60446
- Payne's Rehab & Repair1688 Carolina Dr
Chicago Heights, Illinois 60411
- Perfect Home Services4255 Meridian Pkwy Suite #101
Aurora, Illinois 60504
- Prairie State Water Systems Inc48W 557 IL-64
MAPLE PARK, Illinois 60151
- Pulaski Roofing & Engineering7301 West 25th St
NORTH RIVERSIDE, Illinois 60546
- Patrick B Murphy Plumbing and Piping Co
- SliBuy.com400 Earl Rd
Shorewood, Illinois 60404
- Soukups Plumbing Inc826 NORTH AVE
Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139
- Sound Plumbing2623 w Iowa
Chicago, Illinois 60622
- SUBURBAN SANITARY SERVICE1007 N 11TH AVE
Melrose Park, Illinois 60160
- SUBURBAN SEWER & SEPTIC INC21003 River Rd Unit C
MARENGO, Illinois 60152
- Sullivan Septic and Sewer Inc1947 Airway Ct
New Lenox, Illinois 60451
Septic tank companies that service Oak Park
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.