Alert Protective Services LLC

Illinois: General
08/31/2023

3833 N Cicero Ave

Chicago, IL 60641

For nearly 40 years, Alert Protective Services has been providing professionally installed, custom designed security systems for homes and businesses throughout Chicagoland and all of its suburbs. Alert Protective Services is 100% locally owned and operated and, unlike many national companies, Alert Protective Services does not use subcontractors to install and service our customers' alarms. We take pride in our well earned reputation for excellent customer service and our highly trained and courteous staff will always be happy to assist you before, during and after the installation process. Call Alert Protective Services and discover why thousands and thousands of Chicagoland area home and business owners choose Alert Protective Services to protect what they value most....

home security systems (189)home automation (15)electrician (19)

01/15/2020

paul J.

They did good and there were no issues.

Description of Work
They did an installation of home security services.

Work Completed On 12/15/2019

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are very happy there were no issues and that installation was well done. We appreciate the opportunity to monitor your residence.

11/01/2019

Erica B.

I would not recommend this vendor. Currently they are my monitoring service. Although the service is fine, the employees are rude and do not value their customers. I have had constant headaches with dealing with them over the past year. Examples include them keeping my ex-husband on my service and billing me for his own home monitoring, incorrect charges, false billing for their 'service plan' that I never signed up for, and worst of all just being plain old rude on the phone. I either do not get calls back when I leave a message or when promised a call back...nothing. I currently have a dispute for $30. They would rather argue and call me a liar than refund me the $30. I was told that I could speak with the owner. I left a message and no returned call. After being a loyal customer for nearly 5 years, I am not worth $30 to them. Although it will cost me more money than the $30, I plan on finding another provider who values their customers. Can't wait to cancel service and let all know what they are about to embark on if they sign on with Alert. Their service is fine in terms of setting up appointments and monitoring, but I wish their future clients luck when dealing with the human side of doing business with them.

Description of Work
Alarm Monitoring

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize if you are having any issues with speaking with the service team, that is not the standard we hold ourselves too and would like to touch base. I am the CEO and have not seen a message left on my voicemail so I apologize you haven't received a call back. i would like to work out your solution and ensure you get properly taken care of. If you have time, please let me know and we would like to make things right.

11/20/2017

Charles L.

A woman named Iris hung up on me. When I called back to ask to speak to a manager, the same woman answered and hung up on me again.

Description of Work
I called to get a new monitoring system.

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

[Member Name Removed] - my understanding (because I was standing next to Iris when you called) was that you were angry and irate on the phone as you insisted on getting "guaranteed" pricing via the phone regarding your security system needs. I also overheard Iris on several occasions (when you called back multiple times) offer to transfer you to our Sales Manager to better assist you, however, you refused to allow this to occur. Iris gave you approximate fees / costs for an install based on the description you provided of your property - but tried to explain that it is difficult for us to provide a firm quote without physically assessing your property. She tried to book a free appointment with one of our sales reps but you also refused this effort. We pride ourselves on customer service (as evidenced by our reviews on Angie'[Member Information Removed] list, Yelp and Google) and we don't want to disappoint by giving you a price over the phone without providing a thorough security assessment (free consultation) at your property. We hope you'll consider Alert in the future - we wish you all the best.

05/25/2017

Shirley G.

It went real well. I'm just pleased with every aspect of the job. They explained how to use the system. They were courteous, friendly and very cooperative on anything we wished to have done. I'm pleased with the equipment they installed too. They used highly-rated, new technology.

Description of Work
Installed security cameras

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

01/13/2017

Timothy J.

Repairmen came out. Changed the front door sensor. Explained he wasn't charging me for the sensor. The next day the alarm went off again. Called to have them come out again and was told the repairman said he fixed the door but did not replace the sensor. That if the sensor were repaired they would have charged $75 on top of the $75 service charge. Something is shady and I'm very unsatisfied. They are coming out again Tuesday. I hope I can provide an update that redeems them.

Description of Work
Front door was causing a false alarm.

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

01/07/2017

jeffrey S.

We didn't hire them. It wasn't that it was too costly. There was no trouble whatsoever. They were good enough. There was nothing that I disliked. It was just that we thought about doing a certain thing and then decided not to do it.

Description of Work
We talked to them but we didn't do anything. They provided us with a quote.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

11/14/2016

CHRIS B.

They were extremely helpful and competent. They installed an initial system after we had a break in and then we upgraded some components later. Everything went great and continues to work great.

Description of Work
Alarm System installed

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

10/30/2016

mary T.

I was clueless what kind of system we needed but Tony designed the perfect setup for my sister and I - she moved into the other unit in the two flat and we are back and forth a bit between the units. I could not be happier with the system, it's very simple to use, and the installers were avery nice, professional, and patient.

Description of Work
I was moving from the suburbs into a two-flat in Chicago in a neighborhood that's changing. I would not have been comfortable living there without a security system. When I read the reviews for Alert on Angie's list I called Tony and he was very nice, professional, courteous, and very flexible with times to meet at my new place since I had to reschedule due to closing issues.

Work Completed On 08/23/2016

10/30/2016

Miriam G.

They were great and very professional. A pleasure to deal with. Tony was very knowledgeable on integrating the old and new system

Description of Work
Updated alarm system from other alarm company

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

06/28/2016

JOSHUA D.

Tony was responsive, friendly and helpful in providing an estimate for services. He did not try to oversell or hard sell, but gave good information about a variety of options. Jason, who installed the system, was extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with. He really went above and beyond to make sure the system was installed in a way that hid wires, matched paint, etc., and took the time to ensure that we understood how the system worked. They lived up to their Angie's List reputation and do things the right way.

Description of Work
Installed home alarm system.

Work Completed On 06/16/2016

Security & Alarm Systems - Installation & Monitoring, Fire, Surveillance, Security, CCTV, Home Automation, Intercoms, Entry Systems. Low Voltage Wiring & Structured Cabling.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check