Alert Protective Services LLC

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2003

For nearly 40 years, Alert Protective Services has been providing professionally installed, custom designed security systems for homes and businesses throughout Chicagoland and all of its suburbs. Alert Protective Services is 100% locally owned and operated and, unlike many national companies,

A Service Provider's profile image

home security systems (189)home automation (15)electrician (19)

01/15/2020

paul J.

They did good and there were no issues.

Description of Work
They did an installation of home security services.

Work Completed On 12/15/2019

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are very happy there were no issues and that installation was well done. We appreciate the opportunity to monitor your residence.

11/01/2019

Erica B.

I would not recommend this vendor. Currently they are my monitoring service. Although the service is fine, the employees are rude and do not value their customers. I have had constant headaches with dealing with them over the past year. Examples include them keeping my ex-husband on my service and billing me for his own home monitoring, incorrect charges, false billing for their 'service plan' that I never signed up for, and worst of all just being plain old rude on the phone. I either do not get calls back when I leave a message or when promised a call back...nothing. I currently have a dispute for $30. They would rather argue and call me a liar than refund me the $30. I was told that I could speak with the owner. I left a message and no returned call. After being a loyal customer for nearly 5 years, I am not worth $30 to them. Although it will cost me more money than the $30, I plan on finding another provider who values their customers. Can't wait to cancel service and let all know what they are about to embark on if they sign on with Alert. Their service is fine in terms of setting up appointments and monitoring, but I wish their future clients luck when dealing with the human side of doing business with them.

Description of Work
Alarm Monitoring

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize if you are having any issues with speaking with the service team, that is not the standard we hold ourselves too and would like to touch base. I am the CEO and have not seen a message left on my voicemail so I apologize you haven't received a call back. i would like to work out your solution and ensure you get properly taken care of. If you have time, please let me know and we would like to make things right.

11/20/2017

Charles L.

A woman named Iris hung up on me. When I called back to ask to speak to a manager, the same woman answered and hung up on me again.

Description of Work
I called to get a new monitoring system.

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

[Member Name Removed] - my understanding (because I was standing next to Iris when you called) was that you were angry and irate on the phone as you insisted on getting "guaranteed" pricing via the phone regarding your security system needs. I also overheard Iris on several occasions (when you called back multiple times) offer to transfer you to our Sales Manager to better assist you, however, you refused to allow this to occur. Iris gave you approximate fees / costs for an install based on the description you provided of your property - but tried to explain that it is difficult for us to provide a firm quote without physically assessing your property. She tried to book a free appointment with one of our sales reps but you also refused this effort. We pride ourselves on customer service (as evidenced by our reviews on Angie'[Member Information Removed] list, Yelp and Google) and we don't want to disappoint by giving you a price over the phone without providing a thorough security assessment (free consultation) at your property. We hope you'll consider Alert in the future - we wish you all the best.

05/25/2017

Shirley G.

It went real well. I'm just pleased with every aspect of the job. They explained how to use the system. They were courteous, friendly and very cooperative on anything we wished to have done. I'm pleased with the equipment they installed too. They used highly-rated, new technology.

Description of Work
Installed security cameras

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

01/13/2017

Timothy J.

Repairmen came out. Changed the front door sensor. Explained he wasn't charging me for the sensor. The next day the alarm went off again. Called to have them come out again and was told the repairman said he fixed the door but did not replace the sensor. That if the sensor were repaired they would have charged $75 on top of the $75 service charge. Something is shady and I'm very unsatisfied. They are coming out again Tuesday. I hope I can provide an update that redeems them.

Description of Work
Front door was causing a false alarm.

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

01/07/2017

jeffrey S.

We didn't hire them. It wasn't that it was too costly. There was no trouble whatsoever. They were good enough. There was nothing that I disliked. It was just that we thought about doing a certain thing and then decided not to do it.

Description of Work
We talked to them but we didn't do anything. They provided us with a quote.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

11/14/2016

CHRIS B.

They were extremely helpful and competent. They installed an initial system after we had a break in and then we upgraded some components later. Everything went great and continues to work great.

Description of Work
Alarm System installed

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

10/30/2016

mary T.

I was clueless what kind of system we needed but Tony designed the perfect setup for my sister and I - she moved into the other unit in the two flat and we are back and forth a bit between the units. I could not be happier with the system, it's very simple to use, and the installers were avery nice, professional, and patient.

Description of Work
I was moving from the suburbs into a two-flat in Chicago in a neighborhood that's changing. I would not have been comfortable living there without a security system. When I read the reviews for Alert on Angie's list I called Tony and he was very nice, professional, courteous, and very flexible with times to meet at my new place since I had to reschedule due to closing issues.

Work Completed On 08/23/2016

10/30/2016

Miriam G.

They were great and very professional. A pleasure to deal with. Tony was very knowledgeable on integrating the old and new system

Description of Work
Updated alarm system from other alarm company

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

06/28/2016

JOSHUA D.

Tony was responsive, friendly and helpful in providing an estimate for services. He did not try to oversell or hard sell, but gave good information about a variety of options. Jason, who installed the system, was extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with. He really went above and beyond to make sure the system was installed in a way that hid wires, matched paint, etc., and took the time to ensure that we understood how the system worked. They lived up to their Angie's List reputation and do things the right way.

Description of Work
Installed home alarm system.

Work Completed On 06/16/2016

03/09/2016

Rose M.

The entire process with Alert was very professional from meeting with Tony the sales manager to Ming our installer. Ming was was professional, courteous and did a great job installing all our security components. He was so quick considering all the components that had to be installed! He was patient in reviewing how to set up our new passcode, use the keypads, the key fobs and walked me through installing the phone app. He took the time so we could test everything thoroughly and feel comfortable with the system's operation. Thank you Alert!

Description of Work
Alert installed a complete security system including window sensors, patio door sensors, motion detectors, heat/smoke detector, water sensor and 2 keypads.

Category electrician, home security systems

Work Completed On 03/09/2016

02/29/2016

Debra S.

I was very pleased with the salesman Tony Stompanato, the installer Ming, and Howard at the service center answering my questions. I?m happy with the result. I'm paying $35 per month. As long as they don't increase that rate in the future I will be happy.

Description of Work
Consultation to determine the best system. Provided and installed the system and taught me how to use it.

Work Completed On 02/19/2016

12/26/2015

George B.

Tony Stompanato, the sale manager was responsive and thorough. He is a good listener capable of going as deeply into the details as the customer wants which applied in our case. The installer was courteous and professional. The sales contract was straight forward unlike the major national competitor sale contract. The monthly fee is $35.00 and there is only one level of service which is excellent unlike the major national competitor which has two levels of service and responsiveness. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Alert installed a home security system.

Category home security systems, home automation

Work Completed On 10/14/2015

09/05/2015

Jonathan T.

Professional every step of the way. They were great about working with me to slightly change their package to have the components I needed.

Description of Work
Installed their basic in-home security system - door and motion sensors.

Category electrician, home security systems

Work Completed On 08/20/2015

09/03/2015

Katarzyna M.

I am very satisfied with the service, I have just rented a store and needed a professional company to take care of it. So I went on Angie's List to search for a company that can help me out. The person who has been taking care of me is Tony Stompanato the sales director. He is very polite and always more than happy to provide me with all the details and answers I need. I am one of those customers which call a couple times a day to ask the same question over and over just to make sure I got all right and he never seemed to be bothered by me! I would definitely reccomend this company. I hope that our cooparation will go as smooth as the installation.

Description of Work
Install a sensors and a touch sceen at my store

Work Completed On 08/27/2015

08/19/2015

Jonathan L.

From the first phone call they did a great job. Answered right away, scheduled an appointment for that week, and Daniel got the system up and running. A second call asking about remote arming led them to send Tito who then enabled a smartphone app for both my wife and myself. Everyone showed up on time and great service overall.

Description of Work
They came and reactivated the existing alarm system in our home (which they had installed for the previous owner). On a separate visit, they enabled arming and disarming the system from our phones, making things much easier.

Work Completed On 08/19/2015

06/25/2015

KAREN Q.

Tony Stomanado was very good to work with. He explained how a system could work in our house in a through way but with no high pressure. He followed up to answer our questions both with email and with phone calls. He was able to arrange for a quick installation date. Ramiro, our installer, was prompt and professional...consulting with us as he did the installation. He patiently explained how to use the system and got our cell phones set up. My contact with the Alert Protective Services office has also been good and they are responsive to requests, etx. All in all, we are very pleased that we chose Alert Protective Services.

Description of Work
Alert Protective Services installed a new security system at our house...including alarming doors, glass break sensors, motion detectors, low temperature monitor,smoke and fire detectors, and a tilt sensor on the AC condenser....all controlled with our cell phones!

Category electrician, home security systems, home automation

Work Completed On 06/23/2015

02/23/2015

Suyash A.

Alert was terrific. We bought a home, and I asked Tony to come out and do an evaluation of the existing security system and make recommendations on any upgrades/updates. It turned out that Alert had installed the original system. He came promptly at my request, did a thorough inspection, and provided a detailed estimate. He also provided an alternative new system quote, but explained that we really didn't need a new system because the existing one was fairly new and a reliable "workhorse." We scheduled the visit for the tech to come out. Duke, the technician, was great. He worked diligently and -- despite an initial hiccup -- got it all set up. We have had a few mistaken "false alarms" and the monitoring service has called us immediately on our phones to check in. This was exactly what we were looking for, and we got it.

Description of Work
Install new digital cellular transmitter, replace main system battery, replace device batteries, install heat/smoke detectors, program key fobs, and install additional contact and door switches.

Category electrician, home security systems, home automation

Work Completed On 02/20/2015

11/04/2014

STUART G.

The entire process from sales consultation to installation and activation was easy. Very pleased with the experience in our home, with techs who were sensitive to the time they were spending and some unusual requirements we had. The smartphone app also seems to be very simple to use. Happy with our decision to get rid of ADT and go with Alert.

Description of Work
Terrific job on the installation of a new system in our home.

Work Completed On 11/04/2014

10/28/2014

Danielle T.

Good level of service. A little pricey when compared to DIY options, but that is probably not really a fair comparison. They are always responsive when answering the phone.

Description of Work
Upgraded alarm system

Work Completed On 03/04/2013

10/02/2014

Olin E.

It went great. The tech was on time and friendly and the price was great. A much better experience than I had in the past with ADT.

Description of Work
Home Monitoring Installation

Work Completed On 09/18/2014

09/16/2014

MATTHEW M.

Everything went smoothly. The sales guy (Tony?) was friendly and informative and their technician Freddy was great as well. I chose them after shopping around with a few other alarm companies and settled on them based on their reviews. Thanks guys - very happy with everything!

Description of Work
New alarm system installation