Drake Mechanical

Founded 1909 • With Angi since March 2012

4.3

5551 W Gowen Rd

Boise, ID 83709

Simply the best Plumbing, heating and air conditioning company serving Boise, Meridian, Nampa and the surrounding areas. At Drake Mechanical, we pride ourselves on service. When you need a new air conditioning system, an old water heater repairedor a new water heater installed, or even just need

11/21/2022

Enid L.

Came to my house same day I called. John got right to the issue and fixed it. We were very pleased with the professionalism and knowledge of the tecnician.

Description of Work
Low pressure at kitchen faucet.

12/19/2020

Rob L.

Day 1 No call, No show Day 2 I give them a second chance because I understand things happen. 11:30am I’m told 2 hours and a tech will be there. 4:45 I get a call saying they won’t make it. Asked if they could reschedule. I informed them they have wasted more than 6 hours of my time that I’ve lost in wages. No thank you. This is not how customer service works. I am a service electrician and I know how to treat customers. This isn’t it. I will never use a company that doesn’t value my time enough to make a simple phone call to communicate. At 1:30 they Knew they were late. At 3:30 I knew I would never hire them.

Description of Work
Estimate for gas line

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas leak repair

07/24/2018

Jeremy C.

Sunday When I called for inquiry on Sunday - I found out couple things 1) they charge premium rates on weekend (Fair Enough, I can wait one more day) for not premium prices. And tech that did call me told me if he recalls correctly My heater is under warranty still Awesome!! Monday I take the day off so that I can call them early and get appointment setup (8:00AM) After waiting till noon and still no tech or call, I called them and I was told I was #2 in line of techs coming out and that their techs were running behind on jobs they were on today. I asked the guy, do I need to call another company so that I can get this water heater issue taken care of today? (I wasn't rude about it, I just needed to know) (Remember I took the day off, and i'm in #2 in line according to the guy). So it's about 12:30 he calls me back and he tells me he won't be able to get me in until Thursday. So I go from being #2 in line of techs coming out - to a tech now can't see me until Thursday!! What the **** happened? Now I get to go one more day without a water heater because these guys gave me run around. Oh and I get to take another day off at work at some point when new company comes out. Very disappointed in what I thought was one of the leading companies in the valley. .

Description of Work
Water Heater Repair

10/24/2017

Pamela S R.

Ridiculous. He opened up the door to the attic & took a sniff & said everything was ok. It was a complete waste of money.

Description of Work
I wanted someone to make sure that my gas fireplace & the gas line leading to it were safe.

Category plumbing

Our records show that we have not worked for this customer since November of 2013. Invoice states that we went out and showed the customer how to operate their gas fireplace. No complaints were received at that time or since then according to notes in quick books. Not sure why the sudden review in 2017. Thanks, Nick Drake

10/03/2017

Jack D.

It went good and was a little faster than I was expecting.

Description of Work
New water heater and fixed out side faucets.

10/03/2017

Jack D.

They got here and got to work and spent a good amount of time getting it all done.

Description of Work
Fix outdoor faucets and put in a new water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

09/11/2017

Fernando C.

They are ok. I had to call around until I got somebody. Even though it wasn't an emergency, it was difficult to get somebody on a schedule. There's not many plumbers around. They were the one's available.

Description of Work
I had to replace some tub fixtures.

02/08/2017

Fernando C.

He didn't have the part. Had to go to store to get part myself so he could install it. If there is a common part in the water heater that has problems, should be carried in the truck.

Description of Work
Replace water heater thermostat

Category water heater repair

01/17/2017

JD P.

Since I was not paying for this work I didn't pick the company but...they showed up when they said they would. They were kind and professional and answered all questions that I had.

Description of Work
Hot water heater replacement

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/13/2015

Michael S.

They didn't diagnose the furnace problem correctly. Whenever we inquired about it, that was why we went with them, and then we just decided that they weren't giving us the information and the expertise that we needed and I think they didn't have full time people. The fellow that came out was kind of part time and he just didn't seem qualified. I think generally they had a good reputation and everything, but I don't know what happened with us. I wouldn't say that they were bad, I just think that they hired some part time people that were probably not up to the challenge. They came out before several times and we were happy with their service, but it was somebody different. I think it was comparable price-wise. We didn't get what we wanted. They were quick to respond. They came out when we called. They were on time. The first guy that came and serviced everything did a pretty good work and they seemed efficient and everything.

Description of Work
We had them service some of our furnace and things, but we also had to end up getting a new furnace because they reset something and we had to get a new heat exchanger.

04/10/2015

Dennis D.

They did a good job. They were prompt, on time, they did a good job and I thought they were fair. They were quick and very professional.

Description of Work
It was just putting in a new faucet.

Loraine L.

They did a good job. He did my neighbors too. So when he was there I went over there and talk to him and he come over and fit mine too. They are decent people. They had to go back to my neighbor's house twice and didn't charge him for it and he came to my house and then he had to go back to the shop to get the piece of stuff and he didn't charge for it either, so it worked out pretty well. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Drake Mechanical did fixed my air conditioner long time ago way back in summer time.

Lydiana J.

Home owners warranty covered the majority of the cost we just had to co pay. The guy that came out here was very professional and I think he has to order a part and come back and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
I used Drake Mechanical probably in November 2014 for heat that run out because we had out little heaters running.

Debbie K.

I wasn't happy with their service and what they ended up doing. My husband is going to be reworking it. We were unhappy about where they plumbed things up, the kind of drain that they put in and the price that they charged to do it. The put the wrong kind of pipe connection underneath the sink, making it a T instead of a preferred connection. The water drains from both sides of the sink and it just kind of clashes into each other instead of it having a regular flow. The drain in the sink is really this bizarre design that makes it difficult to get the food out of there. The person who installed it did it without saying anything. It doesn't match the other side and it's going to have to be replaced. There were some other things, too. It was my worst experience with a plumbing company, but I don't think it was the company. I think it was the person who came out.

Description of Work
They fixed the kitchen sink.

Lonny D.

They were very professional, polite and courteous. It was great and there were no problems at all.

Description of Work
They came out and gave us an estimate for install of a Modine suspended furnace.

Patricia H.

It was fine. They did a good job. They came out and took care of our problem in and orderly fashion. We were pleased with them. He took care of it and was gone. It wasn't real memorable but it certainly wasn't something that we didn't like. He took care of it.

Description of Work
He unclogged a line for us.

Category drain cleaning

Susan W.

It was horrible. When the guys came to fix the leaking shower, they had access to the back door of the bedroom- he started and said he had to get some more tools and left for four hours. He finally came back and he fixed it. I had bought all the fixtures and there were extra faucets for the bathtub- he took that with him and I asked him to have that sent back. They billed me for eight hours of labor when he was there for like two hours. I ended up paying 900 dollars for a job that should have been 300 dollars. I would not recommend them. I contacted them and told them that he left from like 9 to 2pm but they were like he was on the job. I told them it was not at my house but they wouldn't change the bill because the guy had lied that he had been here for eight hours.

Description of Work
They came to fix a leak in the shower.

Scott B.

It was fine -they did a great job. They were very professional and gave me some hints on what I could do to keep it from happening again. It was a good visit. I thought the price was reasonable. The A.C has not broken down since.

Description of Work
My Air Conditioner was down and they fixed it.

Steve T.

They’ve been extremely good. We’ve always stuck with them because we’ve always gotten good results from all of the stuff that they have done for us. Everything is fine. They are very good about showing up when they said they are going to. They call beforehand and they explain. They are very professional and thoughtful when they are here. We’ve never had any problem with the quality of their service. They do a good job. We pay on a yearly basis and it’s reasonable.

Description of Work
We’ve been using Drake Mechanical for plumbing for years. They usually come twice a year on a regular basis. They do sort of an annual inspection thing for us and they check all the toilets and faucets and the water heater.

Anita S.

I wasn't completely satisfied. I had another plumber come in behind them. He fixed somethings that they didn't do quite right. They were polite and nice, they just didn't do a thorough job. They came out on time.

Description of Work
They did plumbing work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Chris H.

Everything has been going well. They came up here on time. They have always been professional and very responsive to us. They have good communication skills and good knowledge of their profession.

Description of Work
Drake Mechanical had done some service for me. They have done some work on our heating and AC system.

Doug S.

Part of it was on a warranty. We paid a part of it that wasn't on a warranty. They were very professional and clean. They took care of our unit well.

Description of Work
We did use them. They fixed my air conditioning unit.

Marie W.

It went very well. I would recommend them. They did a good job. They were there when they said they would be there. They fixed our problem in reasonable time. The price was not that outrageous, it was reasonable. They were punctual and very professional. We were happy with them that is why we had them back the second time.

Description of Work
Drake Mechanical did some work for me. We had them a couple of times to work on our furnace. They worked in our house in Idaho.

01/28/2015

MARY B.

I've used them several times over the last six months because they're the only ones that do boiler systems other than another provider in our area. I have a radiant heat system with a boiler system in my mother's house. I would tell other Angie's List members that if you have a radiant heat system in your house that has a boiler system they are the ones to call. Their service is really good. They're the only ones that have ever touched the boiler. The quality of work depends on who you get. If it's Dillon or Shane who are the boiler guys, it's excellent. If they send you somebody else who doesn't know boilers very well, then it's not very good. They're always on time. They always beat me.

Description of Work
I used Drake Mechanical at my mom's house two weeks ago. I also used them for heating and air conditioning in December for my house.

10/11/2014

Richard W.

We first contacted Drake to have our drain lines in the kitchen and bathroom cleaned out. We explained that they were not plugged but since we were adding a new dish washer, disposal, and sink in the kitchen, we thought it would be a good time to make sure the lines were all in good shape. Two men arrived to clean the lines and were on the job approximately 1-1/2 hours. The charge was over $300 which I though was excessive but paid anyway. The next day I was in the process of hooking up some of the new kitchen drain plumbing and noticed that the old galvanized drain pipe that was supposedly cleaned was nearly plugged up. I couldn't even get a finger in the pipe because of the crud in the pipe. I took the section of pipe to Drake's office and showed them and they explained that the pipe was only 1-1/2 inch galvanized and should be updated to 2 inch plastic. I asked why the two men did not mention this before charging me $300 to attempt to clean the lines and they had no answer. The service manager them came to our home in a few hours and took a look at what it would require to upgrade the drain pipes in the kitchen and said he would be back the following Monday to perform the work. He did not show up on Monday. We called their office on Tuesday and the person I talked to had no record of us being in the office or of any work to be performed for us. We called Blake, who works for them and had done work at our home in the past, and explained the whole situation to him. Blake came to our house and gave us an estimate on what needed to be done and explained that they use a flat rate book for estimates but would try to adjust to closely match time and material rates. He made two trips to our house to complete the work. The first was to put in about 8 feet of 2 inch drain pipe and connect it to the existing 3 inch under the house. The next time he hooked it up to the new sink that we had installed. He then presented me with a bill that included an charge for one hour of the services managers time to come out the first time but was never followed up on. That was $80. When Blake came out the first time he repeated the evaluation and estimate process that the service manager had done a week earlier and charged us again. We do not think we should have been charged for the service managers visit since he did no work and did not follow up to perform any work as promised since Blake had to perform the same evaluation and estimate a week later and charge us again for the same thing. When I complained about this double charge to Blake when he presented me with the bill, he said that was just the way it was. I paid the bill at that time but told him I was not happy and would not be using their services again.

Description of Work
Hooked up new drain line to new kitchen sink.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain cleaning

(Member name removed) was a returning customer, Blake has worked at his house a couple times previous to the situation in question. He called in and wanted some drain lines cabled, Matt and Thomas went over and ran a cable down his kitchen sink drain line which was 1 ½ galvanized pipe they got the cable through and the drain took water. The customer came by the office some time later and had a piece of 1 ½ galvanized that was badly corroded and wondered why it wasn't cleaner, I explained to him that due to the age and condition of the piping you could only get it so clean and have any pipe left. He mentioned he was remodeling his kitchen, and I suggested that he change the piping out to a 2 inch line which is what is required for a kitchen drain by modern code. He agreed and I sent Chris (not the service manager) over to look at his options and give him pricing. Chris crawled under the house and looked at the situation and gave him some pricing and suggestions on what should happen. They decided to do the work after the old cabinets were removed and the new ones were installed. When the customer called back for the work to be done Chris was out sick, so Blake was sent over to do the work, they discussed what needed to happen and agreed on a price, pretty much the same as we would handle any call of that nature. Blake did the work and re-did the kitchen drain and collected the payment. The service manager was never at the job-site, Shayne only talked to him at our office. I never heard anything from him after that. As far as I knew we removed his 60 plus year old plumbing and replaced with new and that his plumbing was working. We gave him prompt service, and completed the work we agreed to do, for the price given. As I stated he was a returning customer of Blake’s so he was familiar with our pricing and method of doing things. If there is a problem with the work we did I am more than happy to send Blake over there to correct it. As far as the cost associated with the work we did, it was right in line with our pricing guide and the same as we would have charged any other customer. It was also from the same pricing guide that we used for him on previous jobs. I guess we should have recommended he replace the pipe from the beginning when we cabled it, which maybe we did, Matt couldn't remember. Other than that I don’t see how we could have done anything any differently for a better outcome.

Elite Rooter

Here at Elite Rooter we pride ourselves on our 5 star Elite service. From our office staff to the Techs in the field, our promise to provide our customers with an outstanding experience and an ease of mind knowing they have a whole team of Professionals in their corner to provide a long term solution to the unforeseen issues that arise and at a competitive price.

2022 Super Service Award

Superior Water & Air Boise

Superior Water & Air brings the same customer friendly service into the Boise area. Here we offer the best in plumbing and water services. Our customers will receive the quality service we have become known for over the years. Since 1956 we have gained the experience and knowledge to get the job done right. Whether you have a problem with the water heater, or your pipes are clogging up, call the experts.

Custom Pump Services, LLC

At Custom Pump Services we service and repair all models of water pumps and provide troubleshooting and preventative maintenance. We install a wide variety of water pumps including solar, wind, mechanical, hand pumps, and submersible. We are able to provide water pump installations on both irrigation and domestic wells. We specialize in dairies and remote livestock applications. Winterize and de-Winterize seasonal homes and perform sprinkler blowouts.

Plumbing, faucet, toilet, plumbing, water piping, drain and sewer piping, drain cleaning, tub and shower replacement, hose bibs, tub & shower faucet, air conditioning, heating, furnace installation & repair, Central Vacuum installation and repair, Sheet metal and ductwork installation, Gas piping, Fireplace and fire-pit installation and repair.

Duct Cleaning, Well Drilling