Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Get matched with top septic system services in Sarasota, FL
There are 18 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Sarasota
- ALL IN ONE SEPTICAfter calling all around looking for someone to come out and pump my septic tank on a busy Friday getting no one who could come out..I finally came across this Angi app, and got a few call backs saying they couldn't come out until Monday...then I get a call from Ricky the owner of All In One Septic Inc who said he'd be able to call a driver out that afternoon!! But to my surprise when the driver got here it was actually the owner, Ricky and his Dad who actually took the time out to pump it so we didn't have to wait!! Not only were they fast, friendly and very knowledgeable, but they also did it all at a Great Price!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND All In One Septic Inc to anyone who needs ANY kind of service with their Septic!! Thank You!
- AA Cut Rate Septic Tank ServiceA big shout out to John and his crew, I have had John take care of my tank since I moved in in 1997. Finally, we figured it was time for a new system. As this one was a 61-year-old system, I babied it for way too long. The work was on time, the guys were very courteous and the owner went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable with everything. Thanks, John, who would know a new septic system would be such an epic event. I recommend John and the crew!!
- Grasshopper Earth ServicesHe was also excellent. I will recommend them to others. I will use them for any service that I will have in the future
- The Clean Plumbers - Phillip MauriciMy husband's mother was coming to visit Monday morning... He came on Sunday evening, used a snake and got on the roof to clean the vent too. He also reminded us to use enzymes in the septic.
- The Clean Plumbers - Phillip MauriciMy septic and toilets inside my rental house were working wrong, and another guy who I had hired, told the lady that I needed new toilets, and then when this guy came out, and he actually figured out something that I had never known the whole 20 years that I had lived in the house, that there was another septic thank on the property, right beside the other one that was causing a problem. He didn't even charge me for coming out, checking it and finding the problem. They are very competent people, they are very interested in finding out what the actual problem is, and doing the work that it takes to figure it out, instead of saying they don't know what it is, which is what everybody said for all this time. They are my number one choice
- The Clean Plumbers - Phillip MauriciAfter two other plumbers either threw up their hands or said "no way," I called The Clean Plumbers to tackle getting Humpty-Dumpty all put back together. I'd used this company to install a new water heater a couple of months prior and had no problems. Another plumber had been recommended to reinstall all my plumbing after my kitchen renovation. With two plumber fails I was delighted that The Clean Plumbers did not seem thrown by the scope and difficulty of my plumbing needs. The addition of a farm or apron front sink was the source of all the difficulty as the deeper sink lowered and therefore cramped the many things going on under my sink. All the previous plumbing configurations were not possible. With a large disposal, new dishwasher connections that wouldn't reach and a reserve osmosis system & tank under the sink--well, lets just say it was very complicated, and tight! The Clean Plumbers sent Jay out the afternoon I called. Jay was very pleasant, positive and professional. He didn't seem thrown at all by all that I had going on under that sink. After a couple or so hours he had everything working perfectly. Jay had to be creative with getting it all to work in such a tight space but took it all in stride. And, when finished it all looked nice, not like the jumbled mess I had anticipated I'd be left with. I regret not calling The Clean Plumbers first, but will definitely next time
- Seaside Septic Services Inc.Let me start off by saying that Keith is AWESOME, hard working and AWESOME. I would not hesitate to recommend SeaSide Septic to anyone who has a septic tank! This is the second time that I have used their services and compared to other local services that I've used, they are the most honest, trustworthy and should be at the top of your list when you need your septic serviced
- SOUTHERN SANITARY SYSTEMSI would highly recommend Southern Sanitary. Customer service was great. Walter R was very knowledgeable and did a thorough job. AND pricing was great!
- Arthur H Price, JR., Septic Tank Service, IncPerfectly! Duane was prompt, friendly, professional and educational! He cleaned the tank, calculated the size of the tank, identified the make and model of the tank, and confirmed that it fills correctly. i.e. Proper rate of flow. He marked the drain field lines, drew a topo map showing location of the fields, tank, house, and distance from the well. We have used Price since 2002
- Olin Plumbing IncThey were great. They did a wonderful job. They squeezed us in during a very busy time when no one else could as we had a lot of rain in our area. The price was very reasonable.
Last update on May 23, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Sarasota, FL
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Just because your septic tank is “out of sight and out of mind” doesn’t mean it’s working properly. Find out how much it costs to repair your septic tank.
Need a Small Bath in Detached Garage. Are There Any Self Contained Septic Systems I Could Use and What is Involved?
Question by ewpk: I have septic, but know cost of adding another septic or the ability to add to mine is probably not allowed or cost prohibited. Had once heard
Find septic tank services in
- University Park,
- Siesta Key,
- Lakewood Ranch,
- North Venice,
- Myakka City,
- Longboat Key,
- Bradenton Beach,
- Holmes Beach,
- Anna Maria,
- North Port,
- Sun City Center
Septic Tank Contractors in Sarasota, FL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- AF Plumbing4102 42nd St
Sarasota, Florida 34235
- DON LARGE PLUMBING INC5572 AMERICA DR
Sarasota, Florida 34231
- Miller Brothers Contractors Inc990 Cattlemen Rd
Sarasota, Florida 34232
- Pro-Plumbing Works LLC2115 Robinson Ave
Sarasota, Florida 34232
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup6618 26th Ct E
Sarasota, Florida 34243
- SOUTHERN SANITARY SYSTEMS4561 ASHTON RD
Sarasota, Florida 34233
- WATERS SEPTIC TANK SVC2774 17TH ST
Sarasota, Florida 34234
- AF Plumbing
- 911 Restoration of Tampa501 S FALKENBURG RD
Tampa, Florida 33619
- 911 Restoration of Tampa
- AAA SEPTIC TANK SVCPO BOX 3389
Riverview, Florida 33569
- AAA Whites Septic Tank Service10384 Cobb Rd
Brooksville, Florida 34601
- Adam's Septic Service Inc2201 S Kingsway Rd
Seffner, Florida 33584
- ALL PHASE PLUMBING LLC.4794 Abernant Ave
North Port, Florida 34287
- American Restoration and Remodeling Inc4044 Commercial Way
Spring Hill, Florida 34606
- AAA SEPTIC TANK SVC
- C LACEY PLUMBING INC1400 CLEARWATER LARGO RD
Largo, Florida 33770
- Chris's Plumbing Service6404 US Hwy 301 S
Riverview, Florida 33578
- Complete Access Inc. Plumbing Contractors3240 59th Ave Dr E Suite107
Bradenton, Florida 34203
- Cool Energy Plumbing Today6203 Chancellor Dr Suite 3600
Orlando, Florida 32809
- Crowell Plumbing7305 N Florida Ave
Tampa, Florida 33604
- C LACEY PLUMBING INC
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Earl V. Keene Inc.4101 NE 35th St
Ocala, Florida 34479
- Earl V. Keene Inc.
- Harold's Professional Plumbing Services IncPO Box 245 Thonotosassa fl
Tampa, Florida 33592
- Harold's Professional Plumbing Services Inc
- Keystone Inspection Service265 Dolores Lane
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020
- Keystone Inspection Service
- Martin Septic Service Inc2308 Tropicaire Boulevard
North Port, Florida 34286
- MARTIN SEPTIC SVC115 S JACKSON RD
Venice, Florida 34292
- Max Torque, LLC.3131 Flightline Drive Suite 315
Lakeland, Florida 33811
- Minton Water TreatmentPO Box 2596
Land Of Lakes, Florida 34639
- Mr Rooter Plumbing of St. George562 Commerce St
Hurricane, Utah 84737
- Martin Septic Service Inc
- Next Plumbing3108 Santa Barbara Blvd # 105
Cape Coral, Florida 33914
- Next Plumbing
- On Par Plumbing service17200 Marsh Rd
Winter Garden, Florida 34787
- On Par Plumbing service
- Pasco Pump/Statewide Pump and Irrigation Corp14606 Lancer Rd
Spring Hill, Florida 34610
- Pasco Pump/Statewide Pump and Irrigation Corp
- USA LAWN &TREE SERVICE5105 US-92
Plant City, Florida 33566
- USA LAWN &TREE SERVICE
- Wooten's Well Drilling & Septic Tank InstallationP.O. Box 323
Trilby, Florida 33593
- Wooten's Well Drilling & Septic Tank Installation
Septic tank companies that service Sarasota
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.