Babes Plumbing Inc

Founded 1957 • With Angi since March 2010

Babe's Plumbing, Inc is a family owned and operated plumbing company that handles everyday plumbing needs from routine maintenance, drain cleaning, clogged toilets, a burst pipe, water heater installation or repair to for your commercial needs and new construction. "Good work is not cheap, cheap

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

4.1

plumbers (103)water heaters (13)drain cleaning (10)septic tank service (3)gas leak repair (1)home remodeling (1)computer repair (1)basement remodeling (1)

11/29/2022

Arthur M.

Outside water county connector had slow dripping. Called for service as we had used them B4. Came out promptly. Said a new connector would cost $475..... but have option to rebuild for $118.50. Chose option 2. Within a few hours the rebuild was leaking. Came back next day, and since rebuild not guaranteed, had to pay the big money, plus no refund on work done earlier. Why offer rebuild when you are pretty sure it's not going to work. I believe I was scammed.

Description of Work
See above

Cost $593.5

05/20/2022

Peter B.

I looked in lowes and the prices of the cartridges are no more than $20.00 and I was charged $ 277.00 to change it and labor. I think is an abuse. I asked him to fix the toilet because it was not flushing complete and he said no, he wants me to buy a new one from them for $300.00. I looked a video in the internet follow the instructions and I fixed. It seems this company does not care about the client they only want you to buy everything new from them. I will not recommend this company to any of my friends o neighbors. I am very unhappy for the service provided.

Description of Work
To replace a cartridge sink faucet

Work Completed On 05/14/2022

04/09/2022

George C.

Fantastic installation. On time and well done. Neat and clean with care taken for landscaping and appearance (gas lines are not beautiful so some allowance for what there is to work with). Wayne was pleasant and easy to work with. Yes, Babe's was not the low estimate - but you get what you pay for. Would absolutely use Babe's again.

Description of Work
Gas line installation for new generator

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 04/09/2022

01/25/2022

Lleyton V.

It was fantastic! Michelle in the office set up everything, understood our time crunch, provided all documentation to the city on our behalf, and was knowledgeable about the whole situation. She even reached out to the city to make sure we didn't get our water shut off even when it was on us for not getting the service done sooner. The price was also great for the several tests performed, the time spent on site, and the distance. I will never use another plumber. I recommend Babe's to everyone!

Description of Work
City mandated backflow service/testing on a commercial property

Category plumbing, computer repair, property management

Work Completed On 01/06/2022

10/14/2021

Edwin S.

Absolutely horrible, I complained to Babe's for breakdown of labor and materials which they refused to give me. I also filed a complaint with BBB to no success. Bad news company

Description of Work
Hot water heater replaced and charged an unbelievable fee for all services. Never will use again

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

Review for Babes Plumbing Inc - 105 Bluegrass Ct, NOKOMIS, FL - 39508334

10/02/2020

Richard B.

Repair was made to the faucet however plumber needed to order a new gasket to fix the repaired faucet from leaking. He said he would be back in a few days to finish the repair. We paid the invoice of approximately $158 for the service call and parts. No one called us back. Two weeks later we called to see where we were at with finishing the job. They said they would be out the next day to finish. The new gasket was installed. We were charged another $171 dollars for a gasket installation. In all were charged $330 dollars to repair a kitchen faucet. We feel the price was excessive. We should not have been charged a second $150 labor charge to come back and finish the job.

Description of Work
We needed a kitchen faucet repaired.

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

I apologize your experience was less than satisfactory. I will have our manager reach out to you on Monday to discuss the issues with your job and make a correction to your bill.

04/10/2020

William D.

Completed without a problem. Babes has a reputation for being expensive and was

Description of Work
Faucet spray replacement

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

02/07/2020

Richard K.

Babe's Plumbing sent Derek over to help with our emergency whole house drain clog. He immediately figured out where the clog was and was able to very quickly clear the clog and get all our faucets and toilets flowing again. He explained every step and was very courteous. We will call Babe's Plumbing whenever we need any plumbing work.

Description of Work
Clear a clogged house drain.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

09/06/2019

Frank R.

Very responsive to morning phone call. Fixed by 1:15 PM

Description of Work
Replaced the leaking PRV

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

05/06/2019

Nancy S.

Very professional, clean, did what needed to be done. He was in my home for 45 minutes...can not believe I was charged $300!!! Yes, the toilet now works but to be charged this ridiculous amount will cause me to not refer this company to anyone. "Good work is not cheap" should not mean we will over charge...I should have been given an estimated PRIOR to work being done, not in the driveway after is was too late....

Description of Work
Repair of toilet

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

04/15/2019

jenna C.

Don't know - the emergency was 4 days ago and is fixed by someone else who actually called me back the day I needed service. Angie's List is the worst.

Description of Work
Emergency service requested 4 days ago; just received a call back to get on their schedule.

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we are very sorry to see this review today. Your quote request came into our office on Friday 4/12 through Angie's List. The issue described was that your bathtub hot water had low flow but hot water in the rest of the bathroom was functioning and that it was a possible mineral deposit build up. Your quote request did not state that it was an emergency and we called Monday to get you on our schedule, as that was the next business day. Based on your review, it seems your issue is with Angie's List and that our business was the unfortunate recipient of those feelings. We would like the opportunity to earn your business in the future and demonstrate the type of service that each customer deserves. Our direct office is 941-488-2402 and that number is also available for emergency service 24 hours a day.

02/08/2019

Vincent T.

Absolutely great! The Tech sent, Kyle, was courteous, professional and informative. I have used Babe's in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Vince T.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal replacement

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

02/06/2019

Brenda M.

Tom from Babes arrived and promptly assessed the job and gave a clear quote. He was very quick, neat, and helpful. He is also a very nice man. I highly recommend Tom and Babe's.

Description of Work
Needed a new wax seal for a toilet and some other issues checked.

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]! We are so thrilled to see you would call us again. Thank you!

01/29/2019

Robert K.

Excellent service from beginning to end. Picked fixtures with Josh at their showroom. Babes coordinate work with tile people to complete our shower remodeling project in a timely fashion. And it came out GREAT. Jan, 2019

Description of Work
Shower remodel.

Category plumbing, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/29/2019

We are so happy to know you are pleased with our work and your shower remodel! Thank you for putting your trust in Babe’s!

12/05/2018

Carter M.

From the ladies who man the phones to the fellow who repaired our valve, everything was friendly, professional, and competent. Would use again in a heartbeat !!

Description of Work
Replace a worn out back flow valve.

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

10/29/2018

Doris S.

Absolutely fine, but I didn't go through Angie's list - I called them through Ace Hardware here in Venice. Two others called me from Angie's list and were much too expensive - one was rude and the other two expensive.

Description of Work
toilet screaching

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and I'm happy that we were able to take care of your plumbing needs.

07/11/2018

stephen E.

work was done but 300 dollars is way out of line..fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me...will never call again

Description of Work
kitchen faucet - repair leak

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

04/10/2018

Brian M.

Did good work but very expensive for the short amount of time spent and relative ease of the work. Scheduler did not give a quote and said it would be dependent on the plumber's time spent. Plumber pulled out a schedule with fixed prices for the work after completion. Had I know about the prices, I would have looked elsewhere.

Description of Work
Replaced toilet parts both internal and outside valves.

Work Completed On 04/10/2018

12/25/2017

Lorraine H.

Repairman told my elderly father that removing filtered water dispenser would cause pullout on faucet to no longer work. He needed an additional $150 to route plumbing so pullout would work. Dad declined to spend extra $. I was up north and told dad that made no sense. When I got to FL, found that repairman had squeezed flexible copper water lines to faucet together so as to restrict pull-out from functioning. One minute under the sink and I had the pull-out back in working order. What a rip-off of the elderly.

Description of Work
Filtered water faucet at kitchen sink was leaking, had it removed and capped hole in SS sink.

Work Completed On 12/25/2017

12/19/2017

Richard A.

Precise, immaculate work. Always prompt, on time, and respectful of our home. Great job by a quality local firm and an excellent plumber. Excellent value.

Description of Work
Have used Babe's many time over the past two years for our family homes in Venice. This time it was the installation of two new toilets in my condo.

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate you and your business.

07/26/2017

Israel G.

Arrived promptly, professional and friendly service completed with no complications.

Description of Work
Replaced plastic main water inlet valve by brass ball valve with appropriate adapters.

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

Review for Babes Plumbing Inc - 105 Bluegrass Ct, NOKOMIS, FL - 35907634

07/24/2017

Andrea H.

I had an excellent experience with them. One, they were really prompt about coming quickly when I need them. Two, I asked them about a couple of services and they actually gave me some good advice. Instead of doing work for me right then, they suggested another option that would be a better option. They didn't take advantage of me just because they could have.

Description of Work
We have a little valve that needs to be checked every other year.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017