Bay Area Pump And Well Service LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2012

Full service pump and well service. We service all makes and models well pumps, tanks, pool pumps, sprinkler pumps, water softners, any well equipment. 24 hour service. Call for free estimates over the phone. All major credit cards accepted....

A Service Provider's profile image

+3 more images

well & water pump repair (40)irrigation system (4)water softeners (3)fountains (1)

12/15/2020

Kara B.

When I called, they answered right away and when I explained the problem, I was told that they would be at my house between 12 - 1 pm. They were at the house before 12:30, and fixed the problem right away (the water tank bladder had broken). Now we have a bigger perfectly working tank - and our water pressure is better than it's ever been (I have a feeling the bladder had damage to it when we moved in, because the pressure was never good). The only problem is that when the phone was answered, I heard a voice say it was an Angie's list customer. However, we didn't get the 5% discount. Although, I did not print out the coupon and forgot to tell my husband about it. Either way, their service was prompt and well done. Thank you!

Description of Work
Fixing my well

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Thank you for the opportunity to help.

09/02/2020

Mark L.

I live in Apollo Beach and had a sprinkler pump that had stopped working. I called the people that installed the pump. It was about 5 years old. They told me that I needed a new pump and that the pump I had was not the correct one (even though their company installed it).That a new 40' line from the well to the pump was needed. They quoted me $3500. I knew better. I called Bay Area Pump and Well Service right here in Apollo Beach. Wesley Carter and his son came out right on time. They diagnosed the problem as a bad check valve at the well connection and replaced it. They also cleaned out my jet pump and redid the input plumbing into the pump. Installed a ball valve. He explained to me why and how the pump malfunctioned and what he did. They were respectful, courteous and professional. Their charge for parts and service was $200 that included a service charge. They saved me a lot of money. They will be recommended to my family and friends if they need this service.They are honest and reliable.

Description of Work
Sprinkler pump repair.

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

Thank you for your business.

07/11/2019

John D.

A superior family business. Called them in the evening and they returned my call in a half hour. I had a well pump grinding and would stay on for an extended time (it's 30 years old). The son Scott came out the next morning and replaced the pump in an hour. The price was almost half what I had been quoted in the past from a couple of others. If you want quality work at a the lowest price done by a local family team, stop searching, this is your company. Thanks Wesley and Scott, it was truly a pleasure having your company do work for us.

Description of Work
Replaced well pump

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the opportunity to help.

02/24/2019

Lisa S.

Early Saturday evening we lost water. I called our regular well company immediately but did not receive a return call. I understand, not everyone wants to work on the weekend but by 5:45 AM Sunday AM we were fairly miserable. Carrying water from the swimming pool over hardwood floors in order to refill toilets is not my idea of fun. I put in a call on a Sunday morning a bit after 7:30 AM to Bay Area Pump and Wesley texted back almost immediately. He asked if between 10:00 - 10:30 AM was ok (I was thrilled) and was at our house at 10:00 AM. The problem was ants had gotten in the well's electric box. I asked if we should have the well serviced regularly and he said no, just spray to keep the ants down. Wow, someone who responds quickly, is punctual, works on a Sunday morning for a fair cost AND doesn't try to sell us a service policy! Water restored, my husband and I are delighted and highly recommend Wesley and Bay Area Pump.

Description of Work
emergency well repair

Work Completed On 02/24/2019

Than you [Member Name Removed].

12/06/2018

Peter L.

I'd like to say how impressed I am with this company and the service they provided us today. This is the first time we've had a home with a well and this morning I discovered we had no water at all. I thought it might be the well pump, which had no warranty from the previous owner. So, I called this company at 7:30 am and got an immediate answer! They said they'd be out at 11:30 today. Wesley actually arrived a little earlier than that. He discovered that a lizard had gotten trapped in a switch box and by clearing it out the problem could be solved. Sure enough it was! And it was all of $139 for the visit and parts. I had imagined hundreds if not thousands of dollars today! Well done, Bay Area Pump and Well!

Description of Work
well pump stopped working

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

11/27/2018

Jordyn M.

The company owner called me immediately after the request was submitted and was at my house within an hour and fixed our well within two. His service was not only quick but shared a kind demeanor as well. If we ever have issues again he is the first person I’d reach out to and recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
New pressure tank

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

10/26/2017

Mylinda M.

Showed up on time. Performed job, water working within 30 minutes.

Description of Work
Switch replacement

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

10/24/2017

Mylinda M.

Great. Showed up on time and finished work promptly.

Description of Work
My pump switch was just ash. Sometime during the day it caught on fire and there was nothing left. I had no water.

Work Completed On 10/24/2017

Review for Bay Area Pump And Well Service LLC - 902 Eagle Lane, Apollo Beach, FL - 36467326

08/02/2017

Regina C.

Wesley and Scott were professional, competent, and quick. They are also very personable and likable.

Description of Work
Located well via a line tracer on an old property before well markers were required. Installed new water pump efficiently and professionally. Clean up was immaculate!

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

07/13/2017

Carole D.

They arrived exactly when they said they would. The promptly identified the problem and innovatively corrected it in a very short period of time. I was pleasantly surprised at the price they charged. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
My well pump had stopped working one evening, and I noticed the breaker switch for it was thrown. The next morning, I called Bay Area Pump & Well as I had used them before and was impressed with their work. They gave me an estimated time that they would arrive and contacted me a couple of times to update me on their arrival time as they were running ahead of schedule.

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

05/15/2017

Nichole M.

Very good. Second time using this company, very professional!

Description of Work
Replaced Tank

Work Completed On 04/15/2017

05/15/2017

Paul Z.

Replaced a pump switch and pump. Did a great job and price qas good.

Description of Work
Well pump and switch replacement

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

02/08/2017

James K.

This review is long over due since this repair was completed in November. I came home from vacation on a Sunday to no water in my house. I looked up well repair on Angie's list and found a few different companies. I called three, Bay Area was the only one to return my call. The two techs were out in a matter of an hour or so and in 5 minutes had the issue diagnosed. They had it fixed in another 20 minutes, ants had clogged the switch that turned the pump on. I really appreciate the quick response, on a Sunday at 4 pm no less.

Description of Work
I came home to no water in my house. My well pump had stopped working.

Work Completed On 11/27/2016

Thank You for taking time to give us a review.

09/26/2016

Linda G.

Wesley was quick to return our call. He came out, gave an estimate and did the work on time. He even cleaned out and removed the old system.

Description of Work
New water filtration system.

Category water softeners, wells

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

Thank you for your review.

08/15/2016

Tiffney S.

LIFE SAVER! FAIR! ECONOMICAL! I run a large animal rescue and this company came out and swiftly fixed a leak for us which was a life saver. I had been begging for two weeks that my former pump company (Hillsborough Pump & Well Drilling) come help but they flat out ignored me--- although they recently took me for a near $1000 tank upgrade they refused to respond to my pleas for help regarding a leak because the job wasn't enough $$$$. If not for Bay Area Pump And Well Service LLC all my animals would still be out of water. THANKS GUYS!!

Description of Work
Seal Replaced

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

You are welcome.

07/13/2016

John G.

When our pump suddenly stopped working, we called Bay Area Pump and Well Service because they had so many great reviews on Angie's List. We're so glad we called them! They came out the next day, were on time and had the problem fixed within minutes. Turns out, ants inside the switch box were blocking the electrical current. The switch was old and had some corrosion so they installed a new switch and had our water back on within 15 minutes. While other companies might have taken advantage of the situation by telling us we needed something more expensive, Bay Area Pump and Well gave us an honest assessment, quickly fixed the problem and charged a very reasonable fee. We would definitely hire them again and recommend them to anyone needing service on their well pump.

Description of Work
Inspection and service on well water pump.

Work Completed On 07/11/2016

06/13/2016

Steve F.

I needed an inspection of a well and associated items for a property in Plant City. As a Realtor in Pinellas County I don't often run into this. We were under some timeline pressure and Wesley managed to fit us into his schedule. Very professional throughout the entire process. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Inspected well system

Work Completed On 06/07/2016

05/13/2015

Robert I.

Another fine job by Bay Area Pump & Well Service. I called and spoke to Wesley mid morning and he scheduled a visit for 2pm the same day. He arrived 10 minutes early. I could not tell if the leak was from the pressure tank or the PVC connection at the bottom of the tank. Wesley cleaned the area under the tank which was covered with vegetation so he could see where the leak was coming from. He spotted spray from the PVC just below the connection to the bottom of the tank. He cut the PVC section that was leaking out and replaced it with new PVC. He checked the tank for leaks, checked tank air pressure, checked the pressure gauge settings, and cleaned up the work area when he was finished. This is the second time I've used Bay Area Pump & Well Service and I've been very pleased with the work they do. Wesley is a pro and is very friendly and courteous. Great work at a fair price.

Description of Work
Repaired broken PVC under pressure tank.

Work Completed On 05/12/2015

04/20/2015

Linda J.

Wesley is beyond awesome. He gave me same day service. I contacted him @ noon 04/20/2015. He was in the middle of another job but took the call (didn't just allow to go to voice mail). I explained to him my issue and he said he would come out in a few hours to take a look. He called me back @ 3:30pm and arrived 20 minutes later. He analyzed my problem, gave me a quote for the correct size unit I needed (the one I had was too large so replacing it with the same size unit would have cost me more...therefore, he saved me $$$), replaced it within 30 minutes. It was unbelievable. Never have I experienced such service. He is A+++++++++

Description of Work
Analyzed problem, Offered repair options and solutions, completed repair. All within 30 minutes. Awesome!

Work Completed On 04/20/2015

02/25/2015

Jonathan L.

The owner showed up with his sons who helped with the job. Very professional and provided me with knowledge of the system. Wesley was very honest and fair in his assessment of my system. I would surely use his services again in the future and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Fixed a PVC pipe and replaced gauge for well tank. Check pressure in all zones of the irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems, wells

Work Completed On 02/25/2015

01/28/2015

elsa M.

They were really quick. When you have a well and the pump's not working, you don't have water so you are kind of stuck. I called them up and he came out within 2 hours. They're great. They are absolutely great. He's quick, he's knowledgeable. I don't know nothing about this stuff so I have to call somebody. All I know is I've talked to other people that have had problems and they are waiting for people to come out and time goes by and they are just lost. The guy came out almost immediately and surveyed the problem. He had to go back and get some parts but he came back 15 minutes later. They had to take the pump all the way out of the well, fix the problem, put it back in.

Description of Work
I have a well on the property outside of city water. I had a problem a couple of weeks ago and called a company called Bay Area Pump And Well. It was just after New Year's.

Work Completed On 01/03/2015

11/19/2014

Robert S.

Our well pump started losing pressure which resulted in very low water pressure in our home. Wesley arrived on time. After explaining the problem (which has occurred in the past) Wesley went to work. He cleaned out debris that was blocking a line from the well to the water softener system. The pressure from the well was still low (about 30PSI). He replaced the pressure gauge where the well line connected to the water softener system. To check to see if there might be blockage in the line from well to the water softener system he placed pressure gauge on the overflow from the well. The pressure there was also only about 30PSI, it should be around 60PSI. Wesley determined we probably needed to replace the well pump. The debris that was blocking the water softener system was probably from the impeller wheels in the pump which were disintegrating. He said he would be glad to replace the pump to first check with the company that installed the well pump to see if it was still under warranty. The pump was still under warranty and the company that installed the well pump replaced it the next day. I highly recommend Wesley and Bay Area Pump and Well. Wesley is very honest and very knowledgeable about wells and pumps. He gives good advice and is very thorough in checking all possibilities before making a recommendation. He is also very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Checked our well pump for pressure loss and cleaned out debris from our water softener system. Found the problem easily.

Category water softeners, wells

Work Completed On 11/17/2014

11/15/2014

Lourdes R.

I called them, and they were very pleasant on the phone. The tech kept communication open, was very reliable, and did a great job. I was pleased with the work he did.

Description of Work
I hired this company to install a new central box and well tank.