Taking careful precautions during COVID-19 keeping our customers safe.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Alpha Handyman

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2008

PO Box 531516

San Diego, CA 92153

Family Owned Company. Licensed, Bonded & Insured, General Contractor. We specialize in Wood Fence & Gate Installation, Wood Deck & Railing Installation; Custom Wood Fence Design & Wood Patio Covers. "YOUR PERSONAL WORK HORSE". Budget Friendly Call Fred for a Free Estimate: (619) 690-1237...
Wood Fence project
Wood Fence

fence company

2022

03/06/2021

Joshua B.

Fred and his team did an amazing job on our bathroom remodel! Fred had some excellent design ideas that we incorporated. Danny and Rueben worked efficiently and carefully - not damaging parts of the bathroom that we wished to keep. The project was completed on time and in budget - we couldn’t have asked for a smoother process. I would highly recommend them and will be using their services again in the future.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, home remodeling

12/05/2019

Jennifer B.

Perfect. Fred was a head of time, very throughout and professional. Fred was conscientious and professional.

Description of Work
Assembly of Furniture for the office

Debbie C.

Excellent! Superb! Clean! Tidy! Fred, the owner of the company oversaw every aspect of the remodel. He was very easy to work with. Any changes I asked for during the remodel he implemented. I love our new bathroom and will be using Alpha Handyman for our kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
Complete Bathroom Remodel

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Robert S.

Very satisfied. Recent job was his 3rd major reno for us. Easy to work with. Highly recommend. We could recommend him for most any type of work.

Description of Work
Kitchen & bath remodels, demo carpeting, installing laminate flooring in 4 bedrooms and painting.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Ken J.

Never contracted with Alpha Handyman Services. Was negotiating the contract and Fred was very unprofessional in dealing with me. Told me he was being stressed by me because I was questioning information on his highly unorthodox and unacceptable unprofessional quote. Spent 1/2 hour on phone discussing the quote and concluded he would review my issues with the contract and submit a new quote (or so I thought). Shortly after the call, he sent me an email saying he was no longer interested in doing the project. I am a 100% Disabled Veteran with a totally disabled wife that now has no use of 2 of our bathrooms for over 7 months with now two failed contractors. My wife and I now have to go up and down the stairs to be able to go to the bathroom for 7 months. I'm 70 & wife is 68, both disabled, and worried about our safety. Help.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I’m sorry that you felt we were unprofessional. We worked hard to negotiate acceptable terms along with discounting the original price by $2000 in order to accommodate you. Once I drew up the contract, I also did not have a problem with negotiating or answering a few questions in some areas. We’re sorry that negotiating the contract did not fit your needs despite our best efforts. We wish you well.

10/04/2019

Ronald P.

Fred and the whole team were cool, friendly and professional. Fair and reasonable price. Everything went well. For sure I will have more projects with Alpha Handyman in the future.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced laminated flooring and painted interior walls and ceilings.

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

06/29/2019

Debbie C.

Fred, the owner was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. The work was done quickly and expertly! Liking forward to hiring him for a bathroom remodel!

Description of Work
Electrical work

05/08/2019

Judy R.

Fred and Ruben were on time and very professional and friendly. They listened to what I wanted/needed. Will use Alpha Handyman again!

Description of Work
installation of wall brackets

05/08/2019

Judy R.

Fred and his company were wonderful. They came on time and were very professional. If I need any work done at my condo, and they can provide the work, I will definitely call on them. They are my handyman!!

Description of Work
repair of holes in the ceiling and painting of walls and ceiling.

04/23/2019

Patricia V.

Fred at Alpha Handyman quickly assessed the job and gave me a bid. He was prompt in responding to my text messages. His workmen were very courteous and knew exactly what had to be done. They completed the work to my satisfaction and left the work site clean and tidy. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired leak damaged kitchen cabinets

01/22/2019

Joel M.

Great. On-time, committed to price, stayed until the job was finished.

Description of Work
Undersink Hardware

Category plumbing

12/27/2018

Amy W.

Fred was extremely respomsive amd easy to work with. He was prompt, explained all work and pricing, laid out various options and let me know if what I wanted to do would put us outside the agreed to budget. He was always available by phone or text if I had questions. His crew was polite. clean and respectful of our needs. I will definitely use Alpha again.

Description of Work
A sink valve burst causing damage to a half bath, kitchen floor and garage ceiling. We decided to completely renovate the bath, replace kitchen floor, replace kitchen lights with recessed lighting, fix non-functional hood vent fan and fix garage ceiling.

Category home remodeling

12/12/2018

Chris C.

Fred transformed our guest bathroom just in five days. His skilled crew showed up exactly at 8:30 am everyday, and worked diligently and cleanly. Fred’s price is reasonable. We are very happy with our renewed bathroom. Fred is such a reliable contractor that we are sure that we will call Fred again for future remodeling projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category handyman service, hauling services, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

11/20/2018

Sarah S.

Fred and his team were great! Fred contacted me quickly, scheduled a time for a quote and came out for the project 2 days later. He communicated regularly. His team was efficient and professional and finished the project in less time than he thought and under budget. They cleaned up after themselves and were very respectful of my home. I plan to hire Alpha Handyman again for future repairs.

Description of Work
Shower Tile Repair

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

09/07/2018

Rosa T.

JR called me immediately and completed the job the same day. He was very professional, honest and courteous. He did a fantastic job! I highly recommend him for future jobs. I will definitely be hiring him again.

Description of Work
Repair tile

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

09/06/2018

Stephen W.

Wow! We all know how frustrating any home remodel can be! Fred and his team will help you through all the mess And very reasonable with charges! Awesome work, I am grateful and fortunate to have found Fred Platt and Alpha handyman services! Thanks Fred! Stephen

Description of Work
Kitchen/bath remodel

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

09/05/2018

polly P.

The project manager finished all the projects early. One project was not necessary so we decided to wait rather than trouble shoot at an expensive rate. I had to pay for travel time and I wasn't informed of that but I had a reduced rate because of the early finish . I really appreciate that because I am a senior on a fixed income.

Description of Work
Some plumbing and fixing previous projects from not Angie list handymen

08/27/2018

Rody A.

We are very happy with the fence replacement surrounding our large back yard. We had approximately 285 linear feet replaced and painted. Our yard borders 6 neighbors and Fred made sure to take down one side at a time so that no one was completely exposed for more than 2 days. His crew was punctual, polite and hardworking. And the job was completed on time and with no cost overruns.

Description of Work
Fence replacement

Category fencing, handyman service

08/13/2018

Barry C.

The workers completed the work in 3 hours. They did a very good job of removing and replacing the damaged wood. The saved the original hardware and reinstalled it.

Description of Work
Replace water damaged wood on water heater enclosure

06/08/2018

Damien M.

Fred is very professional and easy to work with. Work was performed exactly as requested with no delays or cost overruns.

Description of Work
Minor construction, drywall, paint and vinyl flooring

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

04/22/2018

Michael R.

Excellent! Very easy to work with, attention to detail, planned ahead, and did excellent quality work in the time expected.

Description of Work
Drywall and Kitchen Lighting. Closed off two double doors. Repaired drywall in bathroom. Converted wasted space into bathroom closet. Finished storage space under stairs. Installed pendant lights and counter lights. Repaired exterior stucco.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, stucco, doors

04/15/2018

Chuck L.

I needed repair to a small storage room attached to my home that is used as a small laundry room. The roof was leaking, the door was warped and falling off. Fred responded quickly to my request, and gave me a fair quote. His workers were prompt, professional and polite, they made sure to clean up when they were done for the day and left no mess when the job was complete. The structure they built is perfect for our needs and looks fantastic! Throughout the building Fred was there every day and was willing to change severial things I had forgot to mention in the original quote. Good people! I would highly recommend alpha for any of your handyman needs!

Description of Work
Attached laundry room repair

Category contractors, handyman service

03/15/2018

Paula H.

I was nervous when we started the remodel of our 85 year old bathroom. There are so many horror stories about dishonest contractors. We got four estimates and decided to go with Fred because of his fair price, his good reviews and his willingness to do things the way we envisioned them. I’m so glad we chose him. Everything went very smoothly, despite the fact that I am pretty fussy and the age of the house presented challenges. Fred is extremely honest, very reasonable, really cares, truly wants his clients to be happy. He guided us and gave his professional input regarding colors, styles, etc. HIs crew (Ruben and Jose) are skilled and super hard workers and were very accommodating when we asked for a few modifications. Don’t waste your money hiring big companies…you just pay for their high pressure phone banks, offices, sales reps, etc. Fred runs his own business and he’ll be there every day, making sure things are done right.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

03/08/2018

Patricia O.

Very prompt, efficient, and professional. Fred Pratt, the owner, was very respectful and polite and asked my opinion when there was a “fork” in the project. The job was completed in a timely manner - same day!

Description of Work
Patio gate installation

Category handyman service, house painters, doors

02/28/2018

Ruthi M.

Having just bought an older mobile home, we had a number of minor items (10) that needed to be replaced/repaired. We had been searching for a “handyman” that we could use now and into the future. I sent the task list to Alpha Handyman and Fred arranged to come over and try to accomplish all the items in a day. He and his team showed up and dug right in to the tasks. They were hard at work attacking each problem with solutions 1 after another! It did take a full day as predicted by Fred. Over the week-end, we discovered a minor problem with 1 of the tasks and called Fred. The team showed up early Monday morning and immediately corrected the problem. We will definitely use the Alpha Handyman team for future work and are already starting a new task list.

Description of Work
Various minor electric and plumbing repair/replacements

Category flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing

Wilson services

Backyard Builders SD

Backyard Builders SD is a locally owned company started by a group of contractors that really care about a whole home improvement. We have narrowed ourselves down to being the best in the business at Turf and pavers. We have the visions to bring back yards and front yards to life. We have putting green experts, we have paver experts, we have sports turf, pet approved turf, and over all best looking turf on the market.. No job is too little or to big for us as we have team that extends up and down the coast of California. Overall our specialist will bring your dream yard to life and that is what we’re here for! We are the Turf Squad!

HomeTurf

HomeTurf is an artificial turf installation company with over 13 years experience in the trade. We pride ourselves on our impeccable lawns and our dedication to a positive customer experience throughout our sales and construction process. We are licensed, bonded and insured. Our sales representatives and support personnel are extremely courteous and professional. We want to work to earn your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Offers by HomeTurf	 on Angi

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Check, PayPal
    10% Discount

Specialized in Wood Fence and Gate Installation. Wood Decks and Railing Installation; Custom Wood Fence Design; Wood Patio Covers.

No chain link; No Iron work Fence.