Helping Hands Handyman and Automotive Repair

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2010

2820 W Puccini PL

Tucson, AZ 85741

We are a Handyman Repair Company with over 30 years of experience in all aspects of construction and repair. No job is too big or small. We offer free estimates and our rates are very reasonable and honest. Save lots of money than going with a contractor. We also offer automotive repair and

03/11/2015

Thomas T.

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling

08/04/2014

Julienne P.

I had discussed projects with Don on the phone and scheduled a visit during my brief trip to Tucson. I had extremely limited time and after talking with him on the phone, he seemed like a promising choice. He arrived promptly and he and one of his employees went over the extent of the work. They had recommendations some of which were appropriate and some of which seemed to reference more expensive work they could do that they thought I should do (such as tiling) and friends of his that could help (AC). As I was already planning on several thousand for the work we were discussing, I was, at this time, not interested in the excess suggested. I had a tight timeline and Don said they were free starting the next day; however, when I then asked if they could come on over the next day and start, I was told no - that I had to provide a list of all the work I wanted then be provided an estimate and then they could come over. Ok. Next morning I emailed the list of work needed, as requested. No response. I understand people are busy and my estimate may take a while so I waited 4 days before contacting Don again. Sent a text and again no response. Clearly, they were completely not interested in this job, but a response or communication to that effect would have been helpful especially after pretending to be interested. So, good luck. If you have a job that pays less than several thousand, I wouldn't bother. I am just happy this happened before proceeding any further with them.

Description of Work
Came over to assess work needed at my condo. I had approximately 3-4 days of work on a variety of projects ranging from electrical to painting to plumbing. Don and 2 of his employees spent about 1/2 hour assessing work.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

04/22/2014

John and Barbara P.

It went very well.

Description of Work
They fixed a screen door.

04/22/2014

Marilyn D.

Description of Work
Renovate l den.

02/11/2014

Jesse C.

The owner showed up and gave me some tips on how to diagnose myself. Did not charge anything. He offered his services if my diagnosis did not work. He was knowledgeable and courteous.

Description of Work
Called to diagnose problem with vehicle.

01/05/2014

Marilyn D.

Went very well I just dropped the ball for Christmas

Description of Work
Actually ended up not using that day but am planning to call him in the near future. Holidays happened

11/08/2013

Anna O.

The workmen were very courteous and accommodating of my hectic schedule and worked hard to make most of the time I was able to be home so that the work could be performed. They kept me informed of the schedule and timeline and finished within the stated estimated deadline. They worked cleanly and with minimal disruption. The only minor complaint is that the a small base board where some of the drywall repair was made was not put in. In truth, it was not part of the initial estimate and job order and I failed to notice until after the work crew left. However, either the supervisor (Don) who gave me the estimate should have included it, or the work crew should have noticed that it was needed upon completion of the job.

Description of Work
A shower stall had to be restored after there was water damage to the interior wall. The work did not include demolition of the existing structure but rather reconstructing the shower stall, and repair of the surrounding wall The work crew installed the water-proof wall, ceramic tile, ceramic tile floor, hand rails, shower doors, drywall, ceramic soap/shampoo dish, and textured and painted the bathroom walls,

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, home remodeling

03/19/2013

Juno H.

Since finding Don Bishop on Angie's List in 2011, all jobs have gone very well. We will use him again...and again...

Description of Work
In 2011 we used Don for a major water leak/plumbing job and were totally happy. We are now remodeling our house and using his services for different jobs in that project! He's not only skilled, but is able to make useful suggestions and come up with creative ideas--and my dog loves him!

06/14/2012

diedre K.

See above.

Description of Work
Job: Troubleshoot low water pressure It took thirty days, twelve hours labor, job incomplete.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Client had calcium buildup in her water lines. We found this out as soon as we got to the lines. Tried to tell the client she really needed to replace the lines as that is the only way to get rid of the calcium deposits totally. She couldn't afford to replace all of the water lines so we tried our best to pressure wash the lines out. It took a long time as we couldn't get some of the calcium out doing it this way. We tried our best but she still insisted that we could have done better even though we reiterated to her over and over again that it was a waste of time for us to try and knock the calcium out of the lines.

11/16/2011

Juno H.

He has done wonderful. I like him personally. He has a good attitude and he does everything. He is here and he is on time. He seems to be very reliable at a great price. We, in fact, are going to pay him extra. We will absolutely continue to use him.

Description of Work
We used Helping Hands Handyman and Automotive Repair in the last month to do a couple of jobs, mostly plumbing. He is due to arrive for the fourth time any minute now.

Category handyman service, plumbing

09/03/2011

Christy C.

This was the first time I had to hire a handyman since my divorce from a "do it yourselfer" kind of guy. Who could I trust to be in my home and not rip me off? Don came highly recommended by several friends and church members. So, after I had gone and checked out the work he had done for them, I contacted him. Don arrived at my house the next day and gave me an estimate on some jobs I needed done. I was able to share my thoughts and ideas, and he shared a wealth of knowledge on each subject. Don worked hard everyday to make my new bathroom just what I wanted. Very detailed oriented and super pleasant to work with. I am already planning the next I will need his help with.

Description of Work
Several jobs were completed including plumbing, drywall, and some amazing tile work. The plumbing included replacement of a water valve and installing a new toilet and bathtub. Drywall repair including texturing and painting of several walls. Replaced 30 year old showeer tiles and floor tiles. Installation of new vanity cabinet, medicine cabinet, and light fixture. Also fixed a door that would not close properly.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

08/05/2011

Rick R.

Went well, manufacturer sent wrong parts to attach chair to lift and battery terminal was badly corroded. Done came up with several workarounds to enable me to use lift, and went to store to get parts to finish job, took far longer than mandufatures estimated, but Don finished to job and and price was reasonable. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Installed power wheelchair lift into Dodge Truck, some general handyman work around house.

Category auto repair, handyman service

Elite Rooter

Rite Way Heating Cooling & Plumbing

Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been helping improve customer's homes in Southern Arizona since 1959. We are of course fully bonded, licensed and insured. We are locally owned and a well know fixture in the community. We currently employee over 150 wonderful people in Tucson and you likely see our trucks all over town. We are dedicated to building science and modern technology, which is why our HVAC installations are well known as some of the best around. We pull permits on almost every job, the fact that we go over and above code requirements to achieve high quality AC replacement is one of the reasons we count a number of inspectors among our clients. In recent years, we have won the Trane President's Award for Best Trane Dealer in Tucson and are the largest Lennox dealer in the region. We have also won Arizona Daily Star Best In Tucson awards in 2019 and 2020. But what makes us the choice for so many local customers is our people - we hire for quality and then invest in training them to be the best. You'll find friendly, supportive and communicative expertise from your first call to our office all the way through to support and responsiveness once your work is completed. We look forward to the opportunity to make you another genuinely satisfied customer, please give us a call.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Macs Home Improvements LLC

With over 20 years experience in doing drywall repairs, painting and all other home remodeling services. Its no wonder our motto is quality first. We are Veteran owned and operated. And pride ourselves on providing you with services and products we stand behind. Look no further for all your home service needs.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Maintenance & repair, home repair, moving, building and home remodeling, cleaning and hauling, interior/exterior painting, plumbing, electrical, tile, concrete & automotive. Any repair, maintenance, remodeling, or automotive job we can handle.