Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Clarksburg, WV
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Clarksburg
- ETECH KITCHEN & BATH REMODELINGi highly recommend Mr Visbal and his company and I can be reached by email or phone call for additional references and information. I now live in West Virgina but keep property in Cincinnati that "Etec maintains for me
- Mountaineer Home RepairsDave was very professional, quick, efficient, and reliable. I contacted him through Angie's List one evening and he was here the next morning, gave me a quote, we agreed on it, and the project was done within 10 days. They cleaned everything up. It was wonderful. My father died the day I contacted him and it was great working with someone who I had total trust and confidence in during this stressful time
- SNIDER CONSTRUCTION COOne secction was aproximately 12" x 8' one was 12"x4' three were approximately 12" x12" It would have taken about 3- 12"x8' if they used boards and 1 sheet of plywood if they used ply wood. too paint the eves on the house not including the porches took them 6 weeks, (it should have taken them 1 week) they charged her for 2 sheets of plywood and they only used one sheet. The plywood they charged her for cam from another job (in decription stated it was from his warehouse) he charged her $50 a sheet,( the highest priced store in town was $23 per sheet). they charged her for facia that was never used, they never painted the porches. One porch is 2/3 the length of the front of the house. the other is aprox 1/3 the length of the back side. I had to fix the porch leaks and paint the eves of both porches. The total work to be done should have been done in 5 days, most of the soffit could have been cut out and painted before instalation and weather was not an issue, the contractor would take guys off this job to work other jobs that came up (non emergency eg. building a ramp, installing awnings). When she got the bill first part was $10,000 and he told her she could pay him the next day, then a week later the final bill was around $3,000. The whole job including porches should have cost aproximately $3,000 and taken one week.
- Consolidated Construction & LandscapingMy mother hired Matthew to do various construction projects around her home. We were lied to from day 1 and Matthew has stolen several thousand dollars from her. He did not provide receipts for any of the materials purchased. I did some research on my own and he was charging double for everything purchased. I also found that he does not have a license to do any construction work. Since we are both handicap, it made it very difficult to verify and make sure that all of the work was completed as stated. I ended up firing Matthew since he was a crook and everything has been left incomplete
Contractors in Clarksburg
- Business Description:Sean, the owner of Murphy Family Services, first worked alongside his electrician father when he was a mere 14 years old. The experience stuck with him, and in addition to a college degree, he went on to attain his master electrical tradesman license. Today, he and his team at Murphy Family Services carry on the tradition and perform all skilled home services, installation and repairs, from electrical services, to plumbing, heating and cooling and handyman. Easily book and get deals and prici..Recent Review:This company does not communicate over phone. Only text messages. I'm sorry, I'm not going to communicate everything I need done at my house over a text message like a 15 year old child.Rich M.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:SHOWROOM LOCATIONS; *ERIE, PA 5044 Peach Street, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat (By Appointment Only); *MCMURRAY, PA 3150 Washington Road, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM; *MONROEVILLE, PA 2644 Mosside Boulevard, Route 48 *STATE COLLEGE, PA 1341 South Atherton Street *WEXFORD, PA 11279 Perry Highway *MORGANTOWN, WV 918 Chestnut Ridge Roa
- Business Description:Meredith Home Improvements has been serving the Pittsburgh, PA area for over 40 years. We have been recognized as one of the best exterior home improvement companies in Pittsburgh for many years. We provide FREE INSPECTIONS, take NO DEPOSITS, and in most cases get paid on completion of each project trade. Please contact us at 412-831-9991 PA or 681-222-ROOF WV. "Protecting What Matters Most Since 1979!Recent Review:Zack showed up as scheduled. Provided a fair quote. We have used Meredith Contractors before. They are reputable, show up as scheduled, and do great work.john h.
- Business Description:Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. travel charges. Ask about licensing.
- Business Description:General Contractor Specializing In New Home And Commercial Construction As Well As All Facets Of Remodeling. 30 Years Combined Experience In The Construction Industry.
- Business Description:Home Improvement
- Business Description:small busniess friendly touch willing to work to meet all customer needs
- Business Description:Reinstating the Traditional Handyman
- Business Description:We specialize in lawn and yard makeovers. Need a new look to your modernized structure We can handle it. Need a better rain coat on your roof? We got you. Lawn needs Home Needs.New structure. Old Structure. New building. Or just giving the old one a new face lift. Whatever your interest is. Just pick up the phone and call Cox-n-vajajay We lay The Pip e that will fullfil your Wildest Dreams.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Mount Clare
- West Milford
- Lost Creek
- Jane Lew
- White Hall
- Pleasant Valley
general contractors in Clarksburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Apple Valley Home Services464 Huckleberry Dr
Gerrardstown, West Virginia
- Apple Valley Home Services
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Fabulous Floors1260 hillcrest rd
Fairmont, West Virginia
- Fabulous Floors
- John Janzen Construction435 Straight Fork Road
Smithville, West Virginia
- John Janzen Construction
- KUBIC CONSTRUCTION, INC241 EDMOND RD
Kearneysville, West Virginia
- KUBIC CONSTRUCTION, INC
- M J LUCI CONTRACTING321 ROGERS AVE
Morgantown, West Virginia
- McDaniel painting28 Huffman Rd
Purgitsville, West Virginia
- Meredith Home Improvement126 Sygan Rd
Mc Donald, Pennsylvania
- Molina Contracting, Maintenance & Repair146 Kramer Dr.
Clarksburg, West Virginia
- Mountaineer Home Repairs105 Sunshine Dr
LEWISBURG, West Virginia
- M J LUCI CONTRACTING
- Pella Windows and Doors3150 Washington Road
- Pella Windows and Doors
- S & H Builders LLPP.O. Box 443
New Haven, West Virginia
- S & K ContractingPO Box 271
GRAFTON, West Virginia
- SERVICE MASTER PLUSPO BOX 1377
Dellslow, West Virginia
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shamrock contracting llc911 three lick rd
Orlando, West Virginia
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Stuart Contracting LLC291 Carol Sawmill Rd
Morgantown, West Virginia
- S & H Builders LLP