Remodel USA

Founded 1987 • With Angi since September 2005

605 Hampton Park Blvd

Capitol Heights, MD 20743

At Remodel USA Inc.we are completely dedicated to meeting the expectations of our customers. One of the ways we ensure customer satisfaction is by maintaining our distinctive attention to detail while minimizing our installation time. For example, we can finish a complete bathroom remodel in only about 5-10 days, limiting the disruption to your schedule. We can also customize our services to meet your unique requirements,whether we're designing the ideal kitchen layout for your home or walking you through the sunroom selection process....

08/20/2022

Jan H.

Please Read - Awful and expensive experience We were quoted a price, interest rate, and wrote a deposit for 1000 dollars. Once we didn't qualify for the rate we rescinded the contract immediately. They told us that the finance manager would call us and we were fine with that but in the meantime they cashed our 1000 dollars check that we had written on the 4.9% interest rate, (stealing) and eventually gave us two options 1. Pay 30% of the 23,000 contract for materials (which we were told were backordered). They were not out a penny. or 2. Get job done regardless of our desire to get other quotes. We are having to take them to court for the 1000 dollars. The salesman was not honest with us and basically wanted money for no work. Will tell everyone I know to keep them from falling into their trap. God Bless

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

08/02/2022

Ushma S.

I am far from pleased with the process from start to finish. Percy Melendez was my assigned project manager and was not very communicative prior to the work being scheduled. When the contractors completed the work, I noticed that they hadn't completed the tiling underneath my washer/dryer and the trim around the new tile work didn't match the rest of the house. The contractors told me that they ran out of tile and would need to re-order more and come back to finish the job. Percy also agreed that the tiling and matched trim could be done at a later date. I requested that he put this in writing and that never happened. After multiple texts, emails, phone calls to no avail, I was finally able to get a response from another project manager about this fix. Percy finally contacted me and sang a very different tune that the contractors were unable to move the washer to do the tiling and they were not instructed that the trim match was necessary. Within 2 months of the tile work being completed it was already lifting and catching on all the doors. The contractors came back over 4 months later and finished the work. However, on the phone Percy told me that if the issues still persisted with the doors he would have a resolve to fix the issue, even if a few years down the line. I asked him to again put this in writing, and no such response yet. I have again sent a few texts to him asking for this and nothing. The work itself is average, which is disappointing as it cost nearly $20K. I would definitely NOT recommend using Remodel USA for any reno needs.

Description of Work
Remove tub and install shower, and tiling

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

06/07/2022

Roberta D.

There were minor issues during construction. The program manager admitted this was the first of this type of configuration. In 2018 they had to come back because the roof was leaking. Now in 2022, the roof is leaking in multiple places, there is black mold growing in my basement to the point that two wood joists are rotted, and the frame of the French doors they installed on the deck level are rotting. Since February 2022 I have made dozens of calls, written the the production manager and all I get is no response, excuses that phones aren't working, or the sunroom manager has been out of contact for 3 weeks because of COVID. My contract clearly states I have a transferable, unlimited warranty - but now 6 months later I have squat.

Description of Work
They installed a sunsuite sunroom with a deck above in 2013

Category decks, roofing, doors, sunrooms

04/26/2021

Nicole E.

Pre-work consultation was excellent

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category carpet installation, home remodeling

04/15/2021

Nadia F.

They provided an estimate and their sales pitch took hours and they were pushing Owens-Corning basement finishing system products.

Description of Work
Basement remodeling.

Category basement remodeling

01/17/2021

Mindy W.

The estimate was a sham - it took two and a half hours - the expectation was, once you put in all of that time, how would you just walk away from a renovation that was more than double of any other estimate, Then, the car -dealer borrowed sham - call into manager to get a better deal - twice!!! And the price was still way over market. But - if you booked it right then, $10,000 less than next day; $20,000 less than 9 months hence. The contractor would not provide an estimate, until you walked through every decision the bathroom renovation would entail. This was disgusting. I think also a sham for seniors. I would not recommend.

Description of Work
Full bath renovation

08/27/2020

Jessica P.

Horrible Company!!! I hired Remodel USA to remodel my kitchen in December 2019. I was so excited about my new kitchen and the salesperson did a great job hooking me. Even the president of the company called and thanked me for choosing them. I thought I found the best company but unfortunately once they got my deposit I discovered that they are a nightmare. I called for months trying to figure out when they were going to start the work and the once they did show up they just tore everything up and left me with a huge mess that I now have to pay someone else to fix. Not one permit was pulled despite being told it was being done and that the city was asking for this or that to justify delay after delay. Then when confronted they tried to say that permits were not needed even though the city assured me that that was not correct. And confronting them was another issue all together. No one knows what is going on from the top on down. Poor communication and dishonest business practices are their staple. Don’t let these guys take advantage of another person.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category countertops, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

08/21/2020

Lisa R.

I am absolutely unimpressed with this company. They came to do an estimate. I gave them the drawings and all they had to do was give me what I requested but the man insisted on trying to sell me onto things I didn't want. They only use top of the line everything and everything has to be bought through them so they can mark it up. The sales rep was pompous and arrogant. In the end I kicked him out of my house. Later on I found out that the main reason the reviews are so great is because they are knocking thousands of dollars off of people's contacts to write them. I don't trust this company as far as I can throw them.

Description of Work
Basement Finishing

Category basement remodeling

07/16/2020

Rosamond S.

The windows arrived on time but there was six windows that arrived with half screens , which are fine for opening the bottom half of the window but opening the upper the screen does not fit well to the window and bugs just come on in... was promised replacement FULL SIZED screens NEVER happened! March24,2020 we had the final windows installed but the kitchen window screen was torn before it was even off the truck...was again promised a quick replacement . I have called repeatedly about the screens to be promised again and again to have them soon... it’s now 4 months later and STILL no screens!!! We bought top of the line windows so they’d last a long time and do enjoy fresh air in the house often but can not open the Kitchen window because of the lack of the screen!! NOT HAPPY!!!

Description of Work
Window replacement Ordered double hung windows for mor flex ability

Category replacement windows, home security systems

05/19/2020

ronald D.

The project went well. The house is 94 years young and has settled significantly. The crew made the correct adjustments and used effective approaches to complete the project to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace the front porch

Category decks, home security systems

03/16/2020

Thomas H.

My wife and I are looking to have our small master bathroom refreshed. Unfortunately, we didn't get past the initial consultation. The salesman was extremely courteous and professional and I place no blame with him for us not hiring Remodel USA. After all was said and done, we were presented an estimate of $35K to renovate a walk-in shower and update the floor, toilet and single vanity. I couldn't believe it. When the salesman called whoever to see if the price could be lowered, they offered to drop about $6K off the price for testimonials, discounts, etc. Thanks but no thanks. If you plan on getting a quote from this company, make sure you're sitting down when they give you their price.

Description of Work
Bathroom refresh

03/03/2020

Beth R.

They did an excellent job. Very professional, terrific attention to detail. Very impressed with Alex Janos, Nelson, Carlos, and Ceasar.

Description of Work
Total remodeling of master bathroom

Category home remodeling, basement remodeling

02/02/2020

Keith S.

Unless you enjoy the experience of dealing with a sleazy used-car dealership or a time-share sales pitch, avoid Remodel USA. We requested an estimate for a solarium through Home Advisor. The Remodel USA salesman came out and took measurements. I tried to look past his cheesy sale pitches ("On a scale of 1-10, how important is it to get a good value?") so I could hear his estimate. He told me he'd get back to me soon with a quote. A few days later, the office contacted me and told me they needed to "reschedule" a meeting with me because my spouse failed to show up at the initial meeting. They explained that they would not give me the quote unless I met with them again with my spouse present. I explained that this was not necessary and we just needed the quote as promised. They refused, using an assortment of reasons, such as "wives will ask questions later and we will have to explain everything twice." Obviously it is a transparent sales ploy to try to get an opportunity to apply more pressure. At any rate, they flatly refused to give the quote they promised without meeting them again at a residence where we do not live and need to take time off to get to. Needless to say, we dropped them from consideration. Hopefully my relaying this nauseating experience with these amateurs will avoid you having to go through it!

Description of Work
Solarium construction

Category sunrooms

12/03/2019

John R.

Tried multiple times to schedule and never showed up. When called second time they claimed to not do work in my area even though appointments for quote were made

Description of Work
replace damaged siding

Category siding, basement remodeling

11/26/2019

Sharon M.

This so-called employee of Remodel USA called me after seeing my request for a bid for bathroom remodeling. This is a gift for my elderly parents - I am requesting the bids, I am paying for the project. She insisted that she speak to the homeowners as well. I told her that she did not have to involve them, they would be at the home when the initial assessment is done, etc. She said she needed to check with her manager about that. She thought she placed me on hold - she didn't. I got to hear her talk to her 'manager' where she called me a ***** and said that the home had two 'old people'. Are you kidding me? As if I would now EVER TRUST REMODEL USA in my parent's home? If this person is representative of Remodel USA, beware! Lousy experience from the first telephone call!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling, basement remodeling

07/18/2019

Barbara R.

I signed the bathroom remodel contract on Jan 25, 2019. Today is Jul 18, 2019 and the work has not been completed. Everyone you work with is friendly, professional, polite, and well-meaning in responsiveness. Edgar’s quality of work is outstanding and my bathroom is beautiful without a doubt!! But now that the company’s been paid, I’ve been forgotten. My windows don’t have screens, so I can’t open them for fresh air without bugs coming in. I was told the screens were ordered in May which was my last contact with anyone. The contents for under my vanity have been stored in boxes because my shelves have not been installed. This is unacceptable! Mr. Khader Mughrabi, VP, called me after I signed the contract to thank me for my business. I want him to know it’s been almost six months and the work’s still not done. I just want my job completed and after that I won’t contact Remodel USA again!!

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

06/19/2019

ALICE L.

The sales person, Suzy, described their process, (which turned out to be mostly accurate), and suggested materials, which I chose (which turned out to mostly the ones available). The linoleum I chose did not look much like the picture she showed from the Web, but it's OK. There was a bit more time than promised between her visit and the call from the office, but not much. My construction manager was Jason, and he was here every day and made sure that all worked well. Ryan was my installer. Everything is wonderful; the cabinets are great and the installed tile is really striking. Ryan cleaned up every day, came promptly, and did excellent work. The only negative things are that the cabinets (by Wolf) have "moveable" shelves that are so hard to move that each one takes about 10 minutes of sweat-inducing strain to unfasten. They want their shelves to be sturdy, and they could accomplish that with the same system, but make the shelves about 1/8 of an inch shorter. Also some quarter round still needs to be put in the closet. One of the electrical outlets took some adjusting because it was set too deep. Remodel USA will do the kitchen etc, but does not paint, so we spent a fair amount of time cleaning, priming, and repainting the walls and some woodwork. I worked on some other parts that were difficult (electrical and heating), but that is because it's an old house.

Description of Work
We needed a whole kitchen redo, with the same walls, stove and refrigerator. The cabinets were falling off the walls, and the base cabinets were deteriorating.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

06/06/2019

Heather N.

Everything from sales to install was excellent! Great customer service. Explained everything well and made us feel comfortable with our decisions.

Description of Work
Window and sliding glass door instillation

Category replacement windows, doors

06/02/2019

Anthony & C.

We recently remodeled our master bathroom and after extensive research we selected Remodel USA. We initially met with Martin Rabone who spent several hours showing us the various options available and assisting us in making preliminary selections. We were directed to various distributors who work with Remodel USA to make tile, granite and fixture selections. We found all of them to be extremely helpful. All parts of the project were carefully worked through with no work beginning until all the materials were available. We were told the project would take 2 weeks from start to finish and were pleasantly pleased that they finished a day early. Our production manager, Percy Melendez, assisted in final choices of materials prior to ordering and insured that we had the correct items and was meticulous in overseeing the two workers, appearing frequently and phoning often to be sure we were happy with everything. Two people were assigned to do the entire instillation except for the frame less shower glass. This meant that there was no waiting for various people who might be delayed by other jobs and the two knew how to do the tile work, electrical work, and plumbing. Both workers were extremely attentive to making sure that our carpets and furnishings were protected and provided advice about placement of grab bars and the showers. They approached us to make final placement decisions before instillation and did everything possible to make certain we would have the master bathroom we envisioned. The frame less shower surround was also expertly installed. All workers cleaned up the area daily and left no construction or other trash behind. Overall, we were exceptionally pleased with our entire experience and highly recommend Remodel USA. We will definitely consider them for future home projects as they do additions, windows, and other things.

Description of Work
Remodel masterbath

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

05/29/2019

Rufus F.

It took some time to get the permits and everything but once that was done it went quickly. There were only a few communications breakdowns.

Description of Work
I financed a sunroom addition to my house.

Category decks, drywall, sunrooms, basement remodeling

05/29/2019

Kate S.

Remodel USA did a wonderful job on our floors. The team was punctual, professional and polite. The work was done quickly. They were good at communicating the process and letting us know what to expect. They even painted the trim in our bedroom even though we didn't expect it.

Description of Work
New hardwood and tile floors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

05/28/2019

Elizabeth Y.

Very smooth. I love my kitchen! Every one was friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend my team of workers!

Description of Work
New kitchen

05/27/2019

Judy R.

Everything went beautifully, and I'm so thrilled with my new floors, kitchen and bathroom. I especially appreciated the follow-up visits to fix little details and to make sure I was completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel, then I hired them to do wood laminate flooring throughout my first floor, then re-carpet my 2nd floor and stairs.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

05/23/2019

Lynne A.

It went well. The doors look beautiful. I would have liked to get my front entry way and other work done, but the price would have been substantially more. Since I am pleased with the quality product, I won't complain about the price.

Description of Work
Patio and basement doors replaced

Category doors

05/22/2019

Yvonne Z.

These guys did a great job! I now have my dream bathroom. They arrived when they said they were going to, they answered all of my questions and when I had concerns they didn’t leave until I approved. I will definitely keep Remodel USA in mind if I have another project.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel