Murphy Family Electric

EM2020863
District Of Columbia
Washington DC: Trades
11/30/2023

Licensed, Insured in All of Virginia, Maryland, DC Technicians throughout Maryland, Virginia, DC area

Alexandria, VA 22314

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

electrician202020001
Replaced meter base, service entrance cable, upgrade panel, updated grounding system.

Sean, the owner of Murphy Family Services, first worked alongside his electrician father when he was a mere 14 years old. The experience stuck with him, and in addition to a college degree, he went on to attain his master electrical tradesman license. Today, he and his team at Murphy Family Services carry on the tradition and perform all skilled home services, installation and repairs, from electrical services, to plumbing, heating and cooling and handyman. Easily book and get deals and pricing upfront. Book direct deal on our website and an appointment today! We have multiple locations with local service options....
Panel Upgrade project

electrician

202020001
Full Day Deal project
Full Day Deal

electrician

4.4

electrician (2072)lighting (595)ceiling fan installation (209)landscape lighting (73)handyman (40)appliance repair (39)plumbers (29)HVAC Companies (25)home remodeling (16)drywall (7)woodworking (4)water heaters (2)

11/21/2021

NEVER hire Murphy's electric. They installed a ceiling fan they FELL on my bed. A year ago Murphy's electric installed a ceiling fan for me. Tonight, it fell on my bed as my husband and I were asleep. I'm so lucky that I happened to be asleep on the couch. Otherwise, it would on fell directly on me. Sadly, this wasn't even the only thing they did wrong. There were multiple many electric code viola...

Description of Work
Various electric work

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

10/30/2021

To many extra fees for installing an EV Charging Outlet, not shown until you read the fine print. Poor email responses from company that seem condescending and bothersome when asking additional questions. Basically was told to re-read the website all the information was there. If you are trying to earn someones business at least answer their questions and don't point them back to a website. Also n...

Description of Work
Install EV Charging Outlet

Work Completed On 10/30/2021

Thank you for your feedback. There are in some cases extra fees if we have to add a tandem breaker to create space or if the wire length is long to cover those additional material costs. We hope you understand.

10/15/2021

I had hired these guys before with a good experience, so I gave it another shot. I know a little too much for my own good, so I had a few questions before the job was done regarding supplies that I needed. I wanted to buy my own materials because I'm nuts. They had no problem with this and told me exactly what kind of wire to buy via text message. Mike was sent over and I explained everything. He ...

Description of Work
Swap out old 50A electrical wire run prior to installation of new stove.

Work Completed On 10/08/2021

Thank you! Yes we like to help everyone save time and money this way

05/14/2021

The company is a fraud, Takes your money in advance and will ask for more, If you disagree with them they will not refund the advance. Please do not choose this company as an option.

Description of Work
cutler hammer meter Work

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

04/27/2021

This company does not communicate over phone. Only text messages. I'm sorry, I'm not going to communicate everything I need done at my house over a text message like a 15 year old child.

Description of Work
Recessed lighting, ceiling fans, and exhaust fans

Work Completed On 04/27/2021

Yes we only do text messaging because it keeps everything clear and in writing it makes things much faster easier and upfront for the customer. This has been working really well for thousands and thousands of customers booking on our website. It makes everything very simple and easy. I'm sorry you think that it is immature.

03/23/2021

Easy to schedule, came out quickly, quality work. Stan was great. Couldn't ask for more!

Description of Work
Install outlet for EV charger

Work Completed On 03/23/2021

02/24/2021

Chase arrived on time was ready to work, eager to please, and the service went beyond my expectations. Very appreciative of the hard work and customer service. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Fix non working light and move electrical outlet.

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

thank you!

02/17/2021

It was excellent. Mike was very informative and thorough. Prices were reasonable. They were on time to every meeting time. The best part was how willing they were to work with me with a timeline. They completed the tasks very proficiently.

Description of Work
They installed some brakers and electrical work.

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Thank you!

01/18/2021

He came and was very unprofessional, provided no estimate and charged me $400 only for the ceiling fan to still have issues.

Description of Work
Needed them to fix the lights in the ceiling fan

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

Thank you for letting us know. We will help you through this and get everything taken care of

01/09/2021

excellent...very professional and high on the integrity scale.

Description of Work
Problem with circuit breaker

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

Thank you so much!

No job too small! Fully licensed, insured and bonded. We provide almost all electrical services. Ceiling fans, recessed lights, troubleshooting and repair. Easily book an electrician on our website to get our best direct deals!

We do not do onsite estimating, all estimating is done over the phone, and all our pricing and flat prices and deals are on our website. We also do not provide fixtures or design advice, this is often personal preference and information can be obtained online or at supply stores. We do not patch or paint nor assume liability if we need to cut drywall.