Alford Home Solutions Inc

Founded 1963 • With Angi since December 2009

Alford Home Solutions has been dedicated to providing quality work on homes and businesses throughout West Virginia since 1963. Originally a pest control company, we have since expanded our services and our service area, which now includes the Tri-State Area area, with home solutions also available in Kentucky and Ohio. We specialize in Foundation Repair, Concrete Repair, Waterproofing, Pest Control, Crawl Space Encapsulation, Basement Finishing, Bath Remodeling, and Patio Structures. Additional phone - (304) 768-2135....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

4.4

pest control (98)basement waterproofing (20)foundation repair (13)insulation (7)awnings (4)mudjacking (3)patio enclosures (2)well & water pump repair (8)basement remodeling (7)drain pipe installation (6)decks & porches (6)home inspection (5)

08/21/2020

tina W.

I did not consider for deck job as we had work done by them previously. First of all, they contract out the work without telling you. The did a good job on the foundation. The work that was required after the foundation, such as the yard, was terrible. They would not take responsibility for shoddy work, said they did all they could do and would not return any further calls.

Description of Work
Foundation

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

05/20/2020

Vaughn B.

I was told that they don’t do that type of work?

Description of Work
I wanted a quote for sidewalks and patio foundation

Category awnings

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

04/19/2020

Joseph H.

Fine. He was on time and seemed to do a good job. They'll come back every three months.

Description of Work
sprayed for insect control

Category awnings, pest control

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

01/22/2020

Eric G.

Staff was notified of everything I needed done before estimator even came to house. Estimator even had it noted of his work order sheet. He knew in advance they could not do the job. A was of my day and time. Plus missed work for the appt.

Description of Work
Was told in advance work that was needed before they can to write estimate. Once employer arrived and started looking at job, they could not do the window, plumbing, or electrical work. They reset visit day for estimate and then were late for that.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/22/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], we are able to perform a large part of the work that you were requesting however there were some things that would have required working with other contractors which we could have coordinated. Good luck with your project.

08/23/2018

Jennifer R.

Chris and Mark did an excellent job lifting, leveling and finishing our sidewalk. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Sidewalk lifted

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 08/23/2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business and are glad you enjoyed the crew!

08/07/2018

Krista H.

The actual service was awesome and the guys doing the work were courteous and amazing! We are definitely going to recommend them to our neighbors who are experiencing the same settling issues with their concrete. We did, however, have a rough go at scheduling and communication from the office could be improved. The work was originally scheduled for a Tuesday but the prior job ran over. That first week communication was great but then we didn’t hear anything for 7 days and had to call them to figure out when the work was being rescheduled for.

Description of Work
Poly-leveling service for concrete repair

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/07/2018

04/21/2018

Mayclare H.

Best experience ever! Most professional group I’ve ever worked with, especially Jay Miller. Hope the company knows what a treasure he is. He even came out a few extra times to answer questions for a potential buyer of our home. Top notch all the way around. Would highly recommend to anyone needing home services. The whole team was curteous and kind. Cleaned up afterwards too!

Description of Work
Waterproofing of basement

Category pest control, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

Thank you for the great review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley CEA / Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions [company info removed]

01/09/2018

Mark B.

It went great. High quality service. Done on promised schedule. Very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and Termite inspection

Category pest control, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Thank you for the great review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions [company info removed]

10/02/2017

David E.

arrived promptly and completed work as promised. very friendly and courteous.

Description of Work
external spraying for lady beetles and stink bugs. also checked our termite bait stations.

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

06/09/2017

Sarah S.

EXCELLENTLY! Couldn't have asked for a better experience and amazing sun room! Windows and screens can be removed for easy cleaning. New flooring is waterproof in case it rains and we aren't home to close windows. Demo was one day/finished the next! On time/ professional/ amazing finished product! We love it!!!

Description of Work
We needed an old second story screened in porch made safe for grandkids.

Category pest control, sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

Review for Alford Home Solutions Inc - 6316 Maccorkle Ave SW, Saint Albans, WV - 35215243

03/16/2017

Edward W.

It went well. They came when they said they would. Fortunately found no termites. Supplied the certificate when I sold my home. The only reaso I wouldn't use them again is that I have moved out of the area.

Description of Work
Termite inspection and any necessary treatment.

Work Completed On 03/16/2017

Thank you for the good review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 600 First Avenue South Nitro, West Virginia 25143 (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 [Hyperlink Removed]

01/30/2017

James B.

They are the one contractor that I still have complete faith in.

Description of Work
Sprayed for stink bugs. Also fixed soffit trim at no cost.

Work Completed On 10/03/2016

Thank you for the great review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 6316 MacCorkle Avenue [Member Information Removed]. Albans, WV 25177 (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 www.alfordhomesolutions.com

01/30/2017

Jean L.

Work was completed, but there were one or two issues based on a home inspection. I called Alford's and the additional work was done quickly at no additional charge.

Description of Work
Sump pump drainage system in crawl space.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/02/2016

Thank you for the great review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 6316 MacCorkle Avenue St. Albans, WV 25177 (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 [Hyperlink Removed]

01/18/2017

Mark B.

All services were done very professionally. They are always on time for appointments. The work was well done. Prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
Termite protection, pest control, crawl space encapsulation

Category pest control, home inspection, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/18/2017

Thank you for the great review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 6316 MacCorkle Avenue St. Albans, WV 25177 (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 www.alfordhomesolutions.com

10/11/2016

Jenny C.

I never even had ants on my porch. It was great. I have pigs and cats out so I always have to fight the ant and I didn't even have an ant on the porch.

Description of Work
They did pest control.

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

Thank you for the great review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 600 First Avenue South Nitro, West Virginia 25143 (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 www.alfordhomesolutions.com

10/04/2016

James P.

Contract was completed as explained to us. Work seems to be good based on appearance and so far the basement is dry, hopefully it will remain that way.

Description of Work
Water proofing basement.

Category awnings

Work Completed On 10/04/2016

Thank you for the great review! We hope you will recommend us to any of your friends or family members that may be in need of any of our services. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 6316 MacCorkle [Member Information Removed] St. Albans, WV [Member Information Removed] (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 [Hyperlink Removed]

09/02/2016

Amy F.

Superior customer service. Above and beyond! Discovered a small mouse in my kitchen pantry yesterday. Called for pest control service today. Mark (technician) called me this morning and agreed to meet me at my home. Being a holiday weekend and already heavily booked for today, Mark worked me into his schedule. I have a yearly contract for pest service and Mark began treating the perimeter of my home before I arrived. I gave him a box and he attempted to catch the mouse in the box. He set several traps for the mouse (while my cats watched) and was able to trap the mouse (alive) and remove it from my home. Even though I detest rodents, I don't like to kill anything. I planned to cancel my pest control service at the end of the contract, but because of the excellent customer service, I have decided to keep my service. Great job! Would definitely recommend! :)

Description of Work
Small rodent removed from my home.

Cost $100.7

Work Completed On 09/02/2016

02/19/2016

Myra D.

EXCELLENT experience!!! The crews worked five days to accomplish this work. It was hard, dirty work and we never heard a complaint at any time. The men were always courteous, respectful and treated us like family. They truly exceeded all our expectations...even showed up with some rocks to fill a pothole in our unpaved driveway--now that was extraordinary! They receive our highest accolades. We would love to recommend them to others!

Description of Work
Solved the water coming beneath the basement wall. Installed basement wall drainage system, sump pump. Cut expansion joint in a concrete slab. Demolished water ruined wall and more.

Category concrete repair, pest control, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/19/2016

Thank you for the great review! Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 600 First Avenue South Nitro, West Virginia 25143 (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 [hyperlink removed]

08/20/2015

Sarah B.

The first came out on June 18th, 2015. I paid them $2000 dollars up from to start the work. It's been 3 months and they have not done anything. They sent us a bill for an additional $3000 dollars saying the work is finished. The work is not done, and it is a mess down the basement. I can't believe they would say the work is finished. I am a landlord, and the house is one of my rental properties. I have a family that has been waiting to move in. And they can't because this basement still isn't done.

Description of Work
We hired them to do Basement Waterproofing on a property that we own.

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/18/2015

This is a rental house that had major water and mold issues in the basement. Our Solution Specialist felt it necessary to handle this problem in 2 steps. Step 1 would be to clean out the basement and demo the damaged materials from the area. This would allow us to properly diagnose the area and create a healthier environment for our workers to be in. He quoted this demo work and cleanup on June 18th and this work was completed by July 13th. We are unsure of where the communication has broke down? The initial contract has been completed for over a month. Our Solutions Specialist has been by the home twice since the work has been completed to re-evaluate the basement but the key has not been left. He has spoken with the owner yesterday and will visit the home today to get his quote together. The claim that we have taken deposits for work and have not completed any work are completely false. They also claim that it has been 3 months since signing the contract and that is false. We hope to work things out with this owner today and expedite the 2nd phase of the work for them so they can get this home rented soon.

06/30/2015

Alvin H.

It didn't go well at all. The Alford Home Solutions technician wanted to sell me a yearly plan right up front. He wanted $400 for a yearly extermination plan, which would include four treatments, one every three months. Prior to his appointment, he told me on the phone that it would be $150 for the first treatment and $90 each for treatments every three months. So when he showed up, all he wanted to do was talk about money. He barely mentioned bugs. I told him that I didn't want the yearly plan, I would pay him $150 for the initial treatment, and $90 when I called him back in three months. He said without the plan, the next treatment would be another $150. I asked him if he would make it good if I still had bugs a week from now. He said they would if I purchased the plan for $400 plus, otherwise it would be another $150. At this point I showed him the door. I sent a message to Alford Home Solutions letting them know what happened and that I would be giving them failing grades on Angie's List. I didn't wait for a response because I had already made up my mind. I will never do business with Alford Home Solutions.

Description of Work
I didn't let the provider do anything.

Work Completed On 06/30/2015

Our Service Manager spoke with [member name removed] the same day he made his complaint to explain how the pest control industry works. The policies that we use and implement are the standard in the industry. We always recommend regular, ongoing service at our clients homes in order to protect their homes from pests. With these plans, our technicians will make scheduled visits to the home throughout the year to help keep the pest population down. If the homeowner has issues in between scheduled visits they are never charged extra to have the technician back in the home to address problems. Our guarantee is to rid your home of pests or give your money back. We offer 3 ways to pay for the regular service and we make things very easy. We even offer a discount to the customers that wish to pay the year in advance. However, we do understand that some customers may not want regular service and only want their current problem resolved. We offer these customers a "One-Time" treatment and give them a 30-day Guarantee. After the 30-Days, we can come back whenever the customer chooses to call us and they are under no obligation to continue further service. This customer did not agree with the options that he was provided and felt we should give him the same benefits that a regular customer would get but he wanted to just call us when he has issues. He was quoted $150 for the initial service and $90 per quarter which does equate to $420 for the first year. When our technician arrived at the home, the price remained the same. We apologized to this customer for the misunderstanding of how our service works. We have thousands of satisfied customers that appreciate the level of professionalism and service our technicians provide.

06/22/2015

Gelila R.

The Pergola turned out better than we expected. Alford Homes said it would be finished in a week and it was finished in five days. The people were very professional and punctual. They cleaned up after themselves everyday and they helpful with any questions we had. The Overall it was a good investment.

Description of Work
Build a Pergola patio cover

Category awnings, pest control

Work Completed On 05/08/2015

Thank you for the great review! Customer Satisfaction is our #1 priority and we appreciate you sharing your experience with our company! If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 304-768-2135. As always, we look forward to your call! Lisa D. Miley Customer Service Manager Alford Home Solutions 600 First Avenue South Nitro, West Virginia 25143 (304) 768-2135 ext. 323 www.alfordhomesolutions.com

05/21/2015

Matthew J.

Jason was great. He proposed several treatment options and help us select the best plan. When he came to do the work, he showed up on time and completed the job quickly and professionally. I could not be happier with the way the whole process went.

Description of Work
Treated for termites. Sprayed for ants and other insects.