It's not just about flowering borders. Support bees by planting shrubs and trees for pollinators that will keep them coming back to your yard.
Get matched with top tree removal services in La Crosse, WI
There are 2 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in La Crosse
- Dave's Tree ServiceBoth times the work was done exceptionally well and so fast I could hardly believe it when the work was done. The area in both cases was cleaned up as they worked and when they left my yard it was cleaned up as if I would have done it myself. The only reason I did not give a perfect five stars was only due to the fact that I had to wait for a couple months to get the large Maple cut down, however the wait was worth the quality work that was done. I would definitely use Dave's Tree Service again! I also found the cost to be very reasonable for the work that was done
- Double K Tree ServiceAfter a big storm a tree had come down in our yard. I knew of these guys through a friend, so I figured they were a good call. I'm happy I was right. Just done, no headaches. Awesome service.
- Johnson Operating Services LLCThey did an excellent job they cleaned up well after the service, they are easy to deal with and very knowledgeable in what have needs to be done.
- Concrete Genie Property ServicesCompany charges $800 for 3 hours work. After living in Kansas City area 14 years I can say that the tree cutters hold you ransom and charge exorbitant rates. This was the worst yet. My advice - ask the tree cutter how ling it will take to do the job.then ask the hourly rate. They will wiggles and squirm and tell you they quote by the job only. They are getting three times the rate as a plumber of electrician. Its a racket and they're all in on it. I have had trees cut down and taken away for a third of what this guy charges to take out a branch. Then he hires a subcontractor with almost no equipment to do the job
- Les's Tree ServiceThey initially asked if I wanted them to remove the debris and I said I could do that(to save some money as my previous estimates from other companies were so high). It took 2 days to have the stumps ground down. I removed most the debris the first day and the tree care people removed the rest the next day. They did not charge me any extra for the removal. They quoted me a price of $150 initially just for the main tree stump removal. Then, after I added the extra jobs of 2 more stumps and 3 bushes, they only charge $75 more so the total was $225. Previous quotes from another company was $800 just for the tree stump. He was very polite, thorough and offered to come back free of charge if there were any concerns with extended roots. The tree roots were trailing under a deck that needs to be removed yet. I was extremely happy with the price, the quality of work and the follow up. I would highly recommend this service to anyone needing tree or brush service
- Les's Tree ServiceLes was recommended to me by another satisfied customer. Les returned phone calls promptly and communicated information about the job clearly. The work was done when he said that it would be and he checked back to make sure that we were satisfied with the job. His charge was $150 per hour. This included the need for a bucket truck for one tree and a chipper to dispose of tree canopy branches. In total we had six trees removed, excluding stumps, for $1,500. I would hire Les again
- TODAY'S TREE SVC INCThe process of finding a tree trimmer that wasn't outrageously expensive was difficult. They were the cheapest and they did a superb job, fast, professional, and punctual.
- Bechtel Tree ServiceThe provider: - Showed up on time. - Was very careful about where the tree branches fell. - Seemed very knowledgeable about the tree business.
- Les's Tree ServiceOverall Les's Tree Service was a great find and value. After I had called, Les came out and gave me a quote to remove the tree and to chip out the stump. At the time the backlog was about three weeks. I had not heard from Les for several weeks after that and checked back in with him and he was waiting to do a couple tree's in the neighborhood. Since I was not in a hurry, that was fine with me but communication could have been just a little bit better. They arrived and cut the entire tree down in a partial day and stacked the wood chunks in a pile, chipping all of the branches and debris. A few days later they stopped by and chipped the stump and also did a great job there and cleaned everything up as well. I would definitely use Les again for any work I have in the future and would highly recommend this service due to the value, professionalism and that he actually calls you back when you leave a message
- Johnson Operating Services LLCWe were very happy with the work that was done. The "fair" grade on responsiveness refers to waiting for someone to come over and give us an estimate. They are a small company and don't have several people to do estimates. But once the work begins, it's quick and very professional. Nothing was left to chance and safety was a top priority. All large branches were carefully cut and lowered by ropes. No chance of any damage to the house from falling debris. They even cut up the wood into firewood length for us to use in the wood stove. Everything was cleaned up before they left. This was not a butcher job you see done so often under the name of "tree trimming". There was no "topping" but carefully planned trimming. The walnut tree looks great even with the large branches gone
Last update on October 7, 2022
Tree Service Companies in La Crosse
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
Is there something new sprouting on your favorite oak tree? Tree bark fungus identification can help you save your tree from a sneaky enemy.
New trees and shrubs can liven up a lawn, but improper planting will leave you with a plant graveyard. Keep your trees healthy by avoiding these common planting mistakes.
Find tree removal services in
- La Crescent,
- West Salem,
- Coon Valley,
- De Soto,
- Spring Grove
tree removal services in La Crosse
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bechtel Tree Service20489 Jade Rd
Sparta, Wisconsin 54656
- Bechtel Tree Service
- CARR'S TREE SERVICE111 2ND ST. NW STE 5
FARIBAULT, Minnesota 55021
- CARR'S TREE SERVICE
- Johnson Operating Services LLC722 Western Ave
Holmen, Wisconsin 54636
- Johnson Operating Services LLC
- My Computer Works7975 N Hayden Rd #C-320
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
- My Computer Works
- Nick's Tree & Landscape12390 Sherburne Ave
Becker, Minnesota 55308
- Nick's Tree & Landscape
- Paul Swartz Nursery30728 93rd St
Burlington, Wisconsin 53105
- Paul Swartz Nursery
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
Tree service companies that service La Crosse
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.