Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Camas, WA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Camas
- Northwest Outdoor Living and LandscapesIt was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was good. We did planning around the house and then whatever time he put in to create the plans. There was no extra cost. I have a gardener so I do that stuff myself. I just wanted some outside help to do the planning. The person was very good, he answered questions, made good suggestions, and he was knowledgeable and professional. It was a Big Deal so I thought it was a bargain
- Township Surveys LLCI called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks Lee
- Township Surveys LLCVery well. I received a call about two days after selecting them via Angie's List. The process, cost and potential additional costs were all explained to me before scheduling the job. They were able to schedule the work in about one week from the request. The two-person crew did an excellent job--their commitment to thoroughness and accuracy was evident
- Township Surveys LLCOutstanding. Township was very professional from initial/discussion to final bill. They came in under estimate.
- Township Surveys LLCMy husband and I could not have gone through the battle with our neighbor without Lee Sprugeon?s help. I don?t say that lightly. Lee has been our pillar of strength. He?s helped us face our fears as we?ve been fighting to save our property. His bullet-proof survey, historic research and courtroom experience is valuable. Our neighbor?s lawsuit against us is still a work in progress. As of this writing, our neighbor?s complaint against us is dismissed as a result of their inability to claim any ownership to our property. This is as a result of Lee?s thorough research and survey. Lee is a kind man who is extremely knowledgeable of Oregon?s property laws, able to explain complex issues in layman?s terms and willingly leads you through the surveying process. He keeps himself current on all aspects of surveying, he?s licensed and certified and is currently the 2013 Chairman of the Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon Association. I?d also like to mention, when we found it necessary to hire an attorney after our neighbors filed a civil lawsuit against us, Lee recommended our attorney; she?s amazing! Thank you Lee; we could not go through what we have faced without you
- Township Surveys LLCVery helpful people. Spoke with them on the phone to determine what was required to remark the property. They gave me a price over the phone and we scheduled the work.
- Township Surveys LLCLeft a VM with them and two other surveyors in town. Township returned my call the next day with a helpful VM - they would look in to the property and call back in a few days with a price and availability. I never heard back from the other two surveyors even after follow up VMs... A few days later I heard back from a very nice gentleman with Township that walked me through their process, the costs and the timeline. I agreed and we setup our appointment. Day of two gentleman arrived on time. I was off at work - my GF described them as very friendly and courteous. They quickly got to work - she walked them through where the one corner pin was that we had located and the areas we were most concerned about related to our fence. It took them a bit of time but they ended up locating two more corners for our property and made a best guess as to where the 4th one was - it was the corner we were least worried about - that side of the property already had a fence along it. They left very nice stakes on all the corners with descriptions of what they found as well as a few extra stakes along the one property line we were most interested in being sure of - all in they did exactly what we needed very quickly & professionally for a very fair price. They'll be the first call I make when I need survey work in the future
- Township Surveys LLCOur neighbor was planning to sell a property adjacent to ours. Some 30-40 years prior, the boundary between the properties had been established through another surveyor in an ambiguous manner. At that time the prior surveyor based his conclusions on a fence along the neighbor's property, by asking all the neighbors to confirm that fence constituted the property boundary; and when all neighbors agreed to this, he used that fence as the basis for the property boundary "established" under his surgery. This boundary survey placed a notch in that boundary line based on the fence and the corner markers of the property, while the original property line had been straight. We received the name of Township Surveys, LLC in Oregon City with expertise in Clackamas County. Our property had never been surveyed since it had been purchased around 1930. The proprietor from Township offered to establish a Boundary Line Agreement with our neighbor who was selling the property; for a few hundred dollars more, her offered to survey all our property borders for the first time. We offered to cover the cost of the survey, and the owner then spoke with our neighbor, explaining that establishing the Boundary Line Agreement was to their advantage for the pending sale of the property. Township Survey, LLC has excellent credentials. The owner has been on the the State Advisory Board of Surveyors, and impressed us with a high level of expertise in his profession. We hired them, and he sent staff to establish markers and tie them to existing markers. They were very thorough and spent many weeks before completing the survey. Then they presented it to us and we had the Boundary Agreement ratified together with our neighbor. The property parcel has been sold and thus the new house to be built will not encroach on our property. Further with their expertise the owner would be qualified to defend his decisions to the Land Board if required. We Recommend Township Survey, LLC without reservations
- Township Surveys LLCNot much to go over, they rock, they are a cool company to do business with. What more do you want me to say...I suppose they could have taken pity on my 97yr old mother and me and done the job for free, but that is not the way American business works.
- Township Surveys LLCThey were decent. It was expensive, but everybody was that expensive. It felt like a lot of money to pay for that, but from what we were told from more people than just them, that because no one near us had done one in a long, long time that is why is cost more. I would recommend them. They were professional. They showed up a day earlier than they told me that they would. I would use them again. They did a good job and they put the line markers like we asked, so they paid attention to detail. Their scheduling was a little bit bad, like I didn't get a heads up that they were coming a day early. The workers I came in contact with were polite and professional. I gave them an overall A because of price and responsiveness to what we had asked for
Last update on August 23, 2019
Land Surveyors in Camas
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- Wood Village,
- Maywood Park,
- Brush Prairie,
- Happy Valley,
- Battle Ground,
- Oak Grove,
- Eagle Creek,
land surveyors in Camas
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture9527 SW Brooklyn Ln
Portland, Oregon 97224
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc6107 SW Murray Blvd
Beaverton, Oregon 97008
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes16796 SE Royer Rd
Damascus, Oregon 97089
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes
- Permit-It, LLCPO Box 998
Washougal, Washington 98671
- Permit-It, LLC
- Reppeto & Associates Inc12730 SE Stark St
Portland, Oregon 97233
- Reppeto & Associates Inc
- Tualatin Valley Concrete8950 SW Locust St
Portland, Oregon 97223
- Tualatin Valley Concrete