Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Clackamas, OR
There are 4 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Clackamas
- HERITAGE LAND SURVEYING, INC.Bob and his team were fast and efficient. They helped me understand exactly what they were doing and what there markings meant. Very easy and painless process. We now are ready to confidently build our new fence within our property line.
- Township Surveys LLCI called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks Lee
- Reppeto & Associates IncSteve and his crew were super helpful, responsive and did great work for us. Despite being right in the inner SE neighborhoods of Portland, we had a property-line dispute with our neighbors as to who 'owned' an enormous and unruly bay laurel hedge that took up nearly 1/3 of our backyard. On a small lot, this hedge needed to go and we were pretty sure it was entirely located on our property. Unable to find a resolution with our neighbors, we committed to hiring a surveyor and was given Reppeto & Associates as a resource. Steve worked with me on preliminary info before committing to the project, and he and his crew were able to stake the entire property line (and confirmed that the hedge was on our line entirely). This resolution allowed us to have a fence run down two sides of our property. All of our neighbors are thankful to know exactly where the lots lines are. I'd recommend Reppeto & Associates to anyone looking for similar help
- Northwest Outdoor Living and LandscapesIt was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was good. We did planning around the house and then whatever time he put in to create the plans. There was no extra cost. I have a gardener so I do that stuff myself. I just wanted some outside help to do the planning. The person was very good, he answered questions, made good suggestions, and he was knowledgeable and professional. It was a Big Deal so I thought it was a bargain
- Township Surveys LLCVery well. I received a call about two days after selecting them via Angie's List. The process, cost and potential additional costs were all explained to me before scheduling the job. They were able to schedule the work in about one week from the request. The two-person crew did an excellent job--their commitment to thoroughness and accuracy was evident
- Township Surveys LLCThey were decent. It was expensive, but everybody was that expensive. It felt like a lot of money to pay for that, but from what we were told from more people than just them, that because no one near us had done one in a long, long time that is why is cost more. I would recommend them. They were professional. They showed up a day earlier than they told me that they would. I would use them again. They did a good job and they put the line markers like we asked, so they paid attention to detail. Their scheduling was a little bit bad, like I didn't get a heads up that they were coming a day early. The workers I came in contact with were polite and professional. I gave them an overall A because of price and responsiveness to what we had asked for
- Township Surveys LLCOur neighbor was planning to sell a property adjacent to ours. Some 30-40 years prior, the boundary between the properties had been established through another surveyor in an ambiguous manner. At that time the prior surveyor based his conclusions on a fence along the neighbor's property, by asking all the neighbors to confirm that fence constituted the property boundary; and when all neighbors agreed to this, he used that fence as the basis for the property boundary "established" under his surgery. This boundary survey placed a notch in that boundary line based on the fence and the corner markers of the property, while the original property line had been straight. We received the name of Township Surveys, LLC in Oregon City with expertise in Clackamas County. Our property had never been surveyed since it had been purchased around 1930. The proprietor from Township offered to establish a Boundary Line Agreement with our neighbor who was selling the property; for a few hundred dollars more, her offered to survey all our property borders for the first time. We offered to cover the cost of the survey, and the owner then spoke with our neighbor, explaining that establishing the Boundary Line Agreement was to their advantage for the pending sale of the property. Township Survey, LLC has excellent credentials. The owner has been on the the State Advisory Board of Surveyors, and impressed us with a high level of expertise in his profession. We hired them, and he sent staff to establish markers and tie them to existing markers. They were very thorough and spent many weeks before completing the survey. Then they presented it to us and we had the Boundary Agreement ratified together with our neighbor. The property parcel has been sold and thus the new house to be built will not encroach on our property. Further with their expertise the owner would be qualified to defend his decisions to the Land Board if required. We Recommend Township Survey, LLC without reservations
- Township Surveys LLCTwo surveyors arrived on time & introduced themselves respectfully and professionally. I showed them the NE boundary stake and they did the rest. No problems - they completed the task in a reasonable amount of time and left after explaining what they found.
- Township Surveys LLCLeft a VM with them and two other surveyors in town. Township returned my call the next day with a helpful VM - they would look in to the property and call back in a few days with a price and availability. I never heard back from the other two surveyors even after follow up VMs... A few days later I heard back from a very nice gentleman with Township that walked me through their process, the costs and the timeline. I agreed and we setup our appointment. Day of two gentleman arrived on time. I was off at work - my GF described them as very friendly and courteous. They quickly got to work - she walked them through where the one corner pin was that we had located and the areas we were most concerned about related to our fence. It took them a bit of time but they ended up locating two more corners for our property and made a best guess as to where the 4th one was - it was the corner we were least worried about - that side of the property already had a fence along it. They left very nice stakes on all the corners with descriptions of what they found as well as a few extra stakes along the one property line we were most interested in being sure of - all in they did exactly what we needed very quickly & professionally for a very fair price. They'll be the first call I make when I need survey work in the future
- Township Surveys LLCVery helpful people. Spoke with them on the phone to determine what was required to remark the property. They gave me a price over the phone and we scheduled the work.
Land Surveyors in Clackamas
- Business Description:Reppeto & Associates, Inc. is a well-established and respected land surveying company that has provided services in the Portland and surrounding areas since 1971. John Reppeto founded the company in 1971 and continued ownership until 1998. He sold the business to Steve Buckles at the end of 1998, who has maintained ownership and operation of the company to the present time. Steve is licensed in Oregon and Washington and has over 32 years of experience providing many types of surveys in Oregon..Recent Review:Steve and his crew were super helpful, responsive and did great work for us. Despite being right in the inner SE neighborhoods of Portland, we had a property-line dispute with our neighbors as to who 'owned' an enormous and unruly bay laurel hedge that took up nearly 1/3 of our backyard. On a small lot, this hedge needed to go and we were pretty sure it was entirely located on our property. Unable to find a resolution with our neighbors, we committed to hiring a surveyor and was given Reppeto & Associates as a resource. Steve worked with me on preliminary info before committing to the project, and he and his crew were able to stake the entire property line (and confirmed that the hedge was on our line entirely). This resolution allowed us to have a fence run down two sides of our property. All of our neighbors are thankful to know exactly where the lots lines are. I'd recommend Reppeto & Associates to anyone looking for similar helpAndy M.
- Business Description:Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes (All Natural Landscape) is a licensed, bonded, and insured landscape service company serving the greater Portland and SW Washington areas. With over 20 years of Northwest landscaping experience, you can count on our professional care and attention to detail. Award winningRecent Review:Bret and his team built us a covered patio and fireplace (and more). The result is beyond our wildest expectations! The crew was so great throughout the project. Everyone was such a craftsman and treated this project like they were building it for themselves. They listened to our ideas and made them come to life in a way that was better than we had envisioned. Cannot recommend highly enougMarla H.
- Business Description:Township Surveys, LLC, formerly Love Land Surveys Inc., has been providing expert land surveying services for commercial and residential customers in the Portland Metro area and throughout Northwestern Oregon continuously since 1975. Services include land partitions, property line adjustments, boundary surveys, boundary line agreement surveys, topographical surveys, ALTA/ACSM commercial surveys, FEMA flood certificates, legal descriptions, and more. We can also guide our clients through city ..Recent Review:I called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks LeeChrista L.
- Business Description:Currently we employ Two licensed land surveyor's covering the state of Oregon. We specialize in the retracement of property lines of record as well as records of surveys that would become of public record if requested. Most of our staff have been involved in the surveying profession since the mid 1970'Recent Review:Bob and his team were fast and efficient. They helped me understand exactly what they were doing and what there markings meant. Very easy and painless process. We now are ready to confidently build our new fence within our property lineMelissa W.
- Business Description:Tualatin Valley Concrete is a general contractor providing single stop service from land survey to land development and construction services. Our estimators develop cost plans for street/city services to home or business connections excavation to construction and ground breaking to finish work services. Fully licensed, bonded and insured Tualatin Valley Concrete is your best friend in construction servicesRecent Review:Provided sent up an employee with no supervision or direction. He elected to clear our lot when we did not ask for that work to be done and we had stakes in the ground that they removed without permission. He did remove the trees as asked but then some of the wood disappeared. He then did our dig out for our septic in the wrong place at the wrong depth. Had to fill in all of the dig-out and hire a new company to do our septic. He then applied a lien to our property to muscle us into paying him for work that was shoddy or not performed. <br /Marla M.
- Business Description:Environmental Consulting
- Business Description:Multimedia production company. Photography, video, design, print, aerial photography, Drone footage.
- Business Description:Applied Archaeological Research, Inc. (AAR) is a full service cultural resource management firm based in Portland, Oregon. AAR is recognized as a certified Emerging Small Business with nine full time employees. All project-level staff are highly skilled and trained professionals. AARspecializes in compliance archaeology and historic preservation. For a full list of our services and to find out more about AAR, please go our website at www.aar-crm.com
- Business Description:At Venture Properties we provide professional real estate industry consulting services concerning distressed properties in the Pacific Northwest and specializing in the greater Portland area, including Salem and Eugene, Clark County, Deschutes County and the Oregon coast. Provide expertise on market conditions, marketability of assets, condition of assets, and asset valuation. Recommend best course action to maximize profits on distressed assets. If appropriate, provide real estate, land use,..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, designing a new addition, or dreaming up a new fence? Hiring a land surveyor is an important step for many big projects. Check out how much a property survey costs and how to budget for this important professional.
How much does it cost to clear land? The answer depends on the size of the terrain, how densely forested it is, and the general accessibility of the site. This guide goes over all the factors involved in your land clearing cost.
Find land surveyors in
- Happy Valley
- Oak Grove
- Oregon City
- West Linn
- Lake Oswego
- Wood Village
- Eagle Creek
- King City
land surveyors in Clackamas
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Compass Land Surveyors4107 SE International Way Suite 705
- Compass Land Surveyors
- Design Resource GroupPO Box 4004
- Design Resource Group
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture9527 SW Brooklyn Ln
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture
- G2 Associates, Inc.2705 E Burnside Street Suite 212
- GAYLORD LAND SURVEYING INC14909 SE Linden Ln
- GLOBAL ENGINEERING LAND SURVEYING AND PLANNING COM7929 SE 106th Ave
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc6107 SW Murray Blvd
- G2 Associates, Inc.
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes16796 SE Royer Rd
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes
- Permit-It, LLCPO Box 998
- Permit-It, LLC
- Reppeto & Associates Inc12730 SE Stark St
- Reppeto & Associates Inc
- Statewide Land Surveying43RD NW Ava Ave
- Statewide Land Surveying
- Venture Properties Inc.4230 Galewood St Suite 100
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Venture Properties Inc.
- Wanderlight Media12655 SW Center Street Suite #430
- Wanderlight Media