Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Clackamas, OR
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Clackamas
- Northwest Outdoor Living and LandscapesIt was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was good. We did planning around the house and then whatever time he put in to create the plans. There was no extra cost. I have a gardener so I do that stuff myself. I just wanted some outside help to do the planning. The person was very good, he answered questions, made good suggestions, and he was knowledgeable and professional. It was a Big Deal so I thought it was a bargain
- Township Surveys LLCI called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks Lee
- Township Surveys LLCVery well. I received a call about two days after selecting them via Angie's List. The process, cost and potential additional costs were all explained to me before scheduling the job. They were able to schedule the work in about one week from the request. The two-person crew did an excellent job--their commitment to thoroughness and accuracy was evident
- Township Surveys LLCThe process has been a real pain in the pinfeathers, but certainly not because of Love Land Surveys. Lee was prompt and explained everything. In the end, I realized there was no point in spending nearly $2,000 to survey a property line just to build a $900 fence, so I decided to just let it be. Lee was exceptionally honest, knowledgeable, and forthright. So even though I did not do the work, I remain very appreciate of his honesty and professionalism
- Township Surveys LLCNot much to go over, they rock, they are a cool company to do business with. What more do you want me to say...I suppose they could have taken pity on my 97yr old mother and me and done the job for free, but that is not the way American business works.
- Township Surveys LLCOur biggest surprise was just how emotional your property survey can be - especially in an environment where property values are high, local ordinances are in flux and development competition is keen. Township was extremely patient, flexible and helpful as we moved through the process of the survey and recording. We had a lot of questions and a fair amount of anxiety, but Township returned our phone calls and email messages promptly and politely. We would absolutely hire Township again
- Township Surveys LLCI contacted Township Surveys because I was going to need their services for a lot line move. Their quote was the lowest I found and Lee was very knowledgeable and helpful over the phone and via email. Our first project fell through so we didn't end up needing the survey but we then revised our plans but couldn't figure out if they were actually feasible and Lee was kind enough to give me some advice in making that determination before we spent thousands on a survey. That is good business and I will use them in a second the next time we need a surveyor. I will recommend them to others any chance I get
- Township Surveys LLCLeft a VM with them and two other surveyors in town. Township returned my call the next day with a helpful VM - they would look in to the property and call back in a few days with a price and availability. I never heard back from the other two surveyors even after follow up VMs... A few days later I heard back from a very nice gentleman with Township that walked me through their process, the costs and the timeline. I agreed and we setup our appointment. Day of two gentleman arrived on time. I was off at work - my GF described them as very friendly and courteous. They quickly got to work - she walked them through where the one corner pin was that we had located and the areas we were most concerned about related to our fence. It took them a bit of time but they ended up locating two more corners for our property and made a best guess as to where the 4th one was - it was the corner we were least worried about - that side of the property already had a fence along it. They left very nice stakes on all the corners with descriptions of what they found as well as a few extra stakes along the one property line we were most interested in being sure of - all in they did exactly what we needed very quickly & professionally for a very fair price. They'll be the first call I make when I need survey work in the future
- Township Surveys LLCOur neighbor was planning to sell a property adjacent to ours. Some 30-40 years prior, the boundary between the properties had been established through another surveyor in an ambiguous manner. At that time the prior surveyor based his conclusions on a fence along the neighbor's property, by asking all the neighbors to confirm that fence constituted the property boundary; and when all neighbors agreed to this, he used that fence as the basis for the property boundary "established" under his surgery. This boundary survey placed a notch in that boundary line based on the fence and the corner markers of the property, while the original property line had been straight. We received the name of Township Surveys, LLC in Oregon City with expertise in Clackamas County. Our property had never been surveyed since it had been purchased around 1930. The proprietor from Township offered to establish a Boundary Line Agreement with our neighbor who was selling the property; for a few hundred dollars more, her offered to survey all our property borders for the first time. We offered to cover the cost of the survey, and the owner then spoke with our neighbor, explaining that establishing the Boundary Line Agreement was to their advantage for the pending sale of the property. Township Survey, LLC has excellent credentials. The owner has been on the the State Advisory Board of Surveyors, and impressed us with a high level of expertise in his profession. We hired them, and he sent staff to establish markers and tie them to existing markers. They were very thorough and spent many weeks before completing the survey. Then they presented it to us and we had the Boundary Agreement ratified together with our neighbor. The property parcel has been sold and thus the new house to be built will not encroach on our property. Further with their expertise the owner would be qualified to defend his decisions to the Land Board if required. We Recommend Township Survey, LLC without reservations
- Township Surveys LLCFrom beginning to end my contact with this company was great. They gave me a very accurate idea of cost. The men that come out were punctual and friendly.T Their job wasn't too easy as we live on the river and our property has a steep incline to deal with.There was no hesitation. There estimate of cost was right on
Last update on August 23, 2019
Land Surveyors in Clackamas
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Happy Valley,
- Oak Grove,
- Oregon City,
- West Linn,
- Lake Oswego,
- Maywood Park,
- Wood Village,
- Eagle Creek,
- King City,
land surveyors in Clackamas
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- BOUNDARY LOCATERS8124 SE TAYLOR CT
Portland, Oregon 97215
- BOUNDARY LOCATERS
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture9527 SW Brooklyn Ln
Portland, Oregon 97224
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture
- GAYLORD LAND SURVEYING INC14909 SE Linden Ln
Portland, Oregon 97267
- GLOBAL ENGINEERING LAND SURVEYING AND PLANNING COM7929 SE 106th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97266
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc6107 SW Murray Blvd
Beaverton, Oregon 97008
- GAYLORD LAND SURVEYING INC
- HERITAGE LAND SURVEYING, INC.8413 NE HUMBOLDT
Portland, Oregon 97220
- HERITAGE LAND SURVEYING, INC.
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes16796 SE Royer Rd
Damascus, Oregon 97089
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes
- Permit-It, LLCPO Box 998
Washougal, Washington 98671
- Permit-It, LLC
- Reppeto & Associates Inc12730 SE Stark St
Portland, Oregon 97233
- Reppeto & Associates Inc