Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Vancouver, WA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Vancouver
- Northwest Outdoor Living and LandscapesIt was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was good. We did planning around the house and then whatever time he put in to create the plans. There was no extra cost. I have a gardener so I do that stuff myself. I just wanted some outside help to do the planning. The person was very good, he answered questions, made good suggestions, and he was knowledgeable and professional. It was a Big Deal so I thought it was a bargain
- HERITAGE LAND SURVEYING, INC.Bob and his team were fast and efficient. They helped me understand exactly what they were doing and what there markings meant. Very easy and painless process. We now are ready to confidently build our new fence within our property line.
- Township Surveys LLCI called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks Lee
- Township Surveys LLCVery well. I received a call about two days after selecting them via Angie's List. The process, cost and potential additional costs were all explained to me before scheduling the job. They were able to schedule the work in about one week from the request. The two-person crew did an excellent job--their commitment to thoroughness and accuracy was evident
- Township Surveys LLCOur biggest surprise was just how emotional your property survey can be - especially in an environment where property values are high, local ordinances are in flux and development competition is keen. Township was extremely patient, flexible and helpful as we moved through the process of the survey and recording. We had a lot of questions and a fair amount of anxiety, but Township returned our phone calls and email messages promptly and politely. We would absolutely hire Township again
- Township Surveys LLCThey were decent. It was expensive, but everybody was that expensive. It felt like a lot of money to pay for that, but from what we were told from more people than just them, that because no one near us had done one in a long, long time that is why is cost more. I would recommend them. They were professional. They showed up a day earlier than they told me that they would. I would use them again. They did a good job and they put the line markers like we asked, so they paid attention to detail. Their scheduling was a little bit bad, like I didn't get a heads up that they were coming a day early. The workers I came in contact with were polite and professional. I gave them an overall A because of price and responsiveness to what we had asked for
- Township Surveys LLCTownship Surveyors arrived promptly, very quickly found the monument markers, and place flags all along our property line. We had been quoted a fee of between $350 and $600, and we were very happy to only pay the minimum. We would definitely Township Surveyors again if we needed to locate a property line
- Township Surveys LLCOur neighbor was planning to sell a property adjacent to ours. Some 30-40 years prior, the boundary between the properties had been established through another surveyor in an ambiguous manner. At that time the prior surveyor based his conclusions on a fence along the neighbor's property, by asking all the neighbors to confirm that fence constituted the property boundary; and when all neighbors agreed to this, he used that fence as the basis for the property boundary "established" under his surgery. This boundary survey placed a notch in that boundary line based on the fence and the corner markers of the property, while the original property line had been straight. We received the name of Township Surveys, LLC in Oregon City with expertise in Clackamas County. Our property had never been surveyed since it had been purchased around 1930. The proprietor from Township offered to establish a Boundary Line Agreement with our neighbor who was selling the property; for a few hundred dollars more, her offered to survey all our property borders for the first time. We offered to cover the cost of the survey, and the owner then spoke with our neighbor, explaining that establishing the Boundary Line Agreement was to their advantage for the pending sale of the property. Township Survey, LLC has excellent credentials. The owner has been on the the State Advisory Board of Surveyors, and impressed us with a high level of expertise in his profession. We hired them, and he sent staff to establish markers and tie them to existing markers. They were very thorough and spent many weeks before completing the survey. Then they presented it to us and we had the Boundary Agreement ratified together with our neighbor. The property parcel has been sold and thus the new house to be built will not encroach on our property. Further with their expertise the owner would be qualified to defend his decisions to the Land Board if required. We Recommend Township Survey, LLC without reservations
- Township Surveys LLCThe process has been a real pain in the pinfeathers, but certainly not because of Love Land Surveys. Lee was prompt and explained everything. In the end, I realized there was no point in spending nearly $2,000 to survey a property line just to build a $900 fence, so I decided to just let it be. Lee was exceptionally honest, knowledgeable, and forthright. So even though I did not do the work, I remain very appreciate of his honesty and professionalism
- Township Surveys LLCThe crew from Township were prompt, professional, and easy to work with. We really appreciated their intelligence and expertise. They were able to locate one original corner marker from 1959, when our house was built (they had to dig down a foot or two to find it, right at the edge of a sidewalk slab!), and they extrapolated and measured the location of the other three corners from markers in the neighborhood. We only paid for the corners to be located, as it would have cost $1000 extra to have new legal markers installed and papers filed with the County--but, if we ever need to go to that length, we will call Township again
Last update on July 20, 2020
Land Surveyors in Vancouver
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, building a new addition, or planning a new fence? It’s wise to survey your property. Here's how much it'll cost to hire a land surveyor.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Brush Prairie,
- Maywood Park,
- Battle Ground,
- Wood Village,
- La Center,
- Happy Valley,
- Oak Grove,
land surveyors in Vancouver
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Design Resource GroupPO Box 4004
Tualatin, Oregon 97062
- Design Resource Group
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture9527 SW Brooklyn Ln
Portland, Oregon 97224
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc6107 SW Murray Blvd
Beaverton, Oregon 97008
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes16796 SE Royer Rd
Damascus, Oregon 97089
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes
- Permit-It, LLCPO Box 998
Washougal, Washington 98671
- Permit-It, LLC
- Reppeto & Associates Inc12730 SE Stark St
Portland, Oregon 97233
- Reppeto & Associates Inc