When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Ridgefield, WA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Ridgefield
- HERITAGE LAND SURVEYING, INC.Bob and his team were fast and efficient. They helped me understand exactly what they were doing and what there markings meant. Very easy and painless process. We now are ready to confidently build our new fence within our property line.
- Northwest Outdoor Living and LandscapesIt was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was good. We did planning around the house and then whatever time he put in to create the plans. There was no extra cost. I have a gardener so I do that stuff myself. I just wanted some outside help to do the planning. The person was very good, he answered questions, made good suggestions, and he was knowledgeable and professional. It was a Big Deal so I thought it was a bargain
- Township Surveys LLCI called Lee to get a quote on what it would cost for him to come out and determine that. He informed me (it was quite expensive) and would willing come out, but to save me some money and hassle he suggested some other options I could try on my own first. He told me what website to go to for a view of my lot and other pertinent information. He explained exactly what I should be looking for, and how far down it might be after all these years, when searching for the boundary marker. He answered my random questions about fence ownership and trees overhanging lots. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone and I felt like he truly cared about me and his work. Hopefully we can solve this on our own, but if necessary, I will be calling him to solve our neighbor dispute about the boundary line. Thanks Lee
- Reppeto & Associates IncSteve and his crew were super helpful, responsive and did great work for us. Despite being right in the inner SE neighborhoods of Portland, we had a property-line dispute with our neighbors as to who 'owned' an enormous and unruly bay laurel hedge that took up nearly 1/3 of our backyard. On a small lot, this hedge needed to go and we were pretty sure it was entirely located on our property. Unable to find a resolution with our neighbors, we committed to hiring a surveyor and was given Reppeto & Associates as a resource. Steve worked with me on preliminary info before committing to the project, and he and his crew were able to stake the entire property line (and confirmed that the hedge was on our line entirely). This resolution allowed us to have a fence run down two sides of our property. All of our neighbors are thankful to know exactly where the lots lines are. I'd recommend Reppeto & Associates to anyone looking for similar help
- Township Surveys LLCVery well. I received a call about two days after selecting them via Angie's List. The process, cost and potential additional costs were all explained to me before scheduling the job. They were able to schedule the work in about one week from the request. The two-person crew did an excellent job--their commitment to thoroughness and accuracy was evident
- Township Surveys LLCThey were decent. It was expensive, but everybody was that expensive. It felt like a lot of money to pay for that, but from what we were told from more people than just them, that because no one near us had done one in a long, long time that is why is cost more. I would recommend them. They were professional. They showed up a day earlier than they told me that they would. I would use them again. They did a good job and they put the line markers like we asked, so they paid attention to detail. Their scheduling was a little bit bad, like I didn't get a heads up that they were coming a day early. The workers I came in contact with were polite and professional. I gave them an overall A because of price and responsiveness to what we had asked for
- Township Surveys LLCMy husband and I could not have gone through the battle with our neighbor without Lee Sprugeon?s help. I don?t say that lightly. Lee has been our pillar of strength. He?s helped us face our fears as we?ve been fighting to save our property. His bullet-proof survey, historic research and courtroom experience is valuable. Our neighbor?s lawsuit against us is still a work in progress. As of this writing, our neighbor?s complaint against us is dismissed as a result of their inability to claim any ownership to our property. This is as a result of Lee?s thorough research and survey. Lee is a kind man who is extremely knowledgeable of Oregon?s property laws, able to explain complex issues in layman?s terms and willingly leads you through the surveying process. He keeps himself current on all aspects of surveying, he?s licensed and certified and is currently the 2013 Chairman of the Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon Association. I?d also like to mention, when we found it necessary to hire an attorney after our neighbors filed a civil lawsuit against us, Lee recommended our attorney; she?s amazing! Thank you Lee; we could not go through what we have faced without you
- Township Surveys LLCNot much to go over, they rock, they are a cool company to do business with. What more do you want me to say...I suppose they could have taken pity on my 97yr old mother and me and done the job for free, but that is not the way American business works.
- Township Surveys LLCThe crew from Township were prompt, professional, and easy to work with. We really appreciated their intelligence and expertise. They were able to locate one original corner marker from 1959, when our house was built (they had to dig down a foot or two to find it, right at the edge of a sidewalk slab!), and they extrapolated and measured the location of the other three corners from markers in the neighborhood. We only paid for the corners to be located, as it would have cost $1000 extra to have new legal markers installed and papers filed with the County--but, if we ever need to go to that length, we will call Township again
- Township Surveys LLCOur biggest surprise was just how emotional your property survey can be - especially in an environment where property values are high, local ordinances are in flux and development competition is keen. Township was extremely patient, flexible and helpful as we moved through the process of the survey and recording. We had a lot of questions and a fair amount of anxiety, but Township returned our phone calls and email messages promptly and politely. We would absolutely hire Township again
Land Surveyors in Ridgefield
- Business Description:Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes (All Natural Landscape) is a licensed, bonded, and insured landscape service company serving the greater Portland and SW Washington areas. With over 20 years of Northwest landscaping experience, you can count on our professional care and attention to detail. Award winningRecent Review:We had a vision for a patio in our backyard and the final project exceeded our expectations. We started with and uneven grade of dirt and ended up with a beautiful paver patio with steps and a sitting wall. Bret provided a fair estimate and quickly came back and remeasured when we wanted to add to the project. He was also honest about what material made sense for our project. Pedro and his team were amazing to work with. They were there early each day and worked into the early evening, sometimes staying until later to finish. They were professional and personable and we were beyond pleased with the finished project. We highly recommend this company for your projectAmy F.
- Business Description:Reppeto & Associates, Inc. is a well-established and respected land surveying company that has provided services in the Portland and surrounding areas since 1971. John Reppeto founded the company in 1971 and continued ownership until 1998. He sold the business to Steve Buckles at the end of 1998, who has maintained ownership and operation of the company to the present time. Steve is licensed in Oregon and Washington and has over 32 years of experience providing many types of surveys in Oregon..Recent Review:Steve and his crew were super helpful, responsive and did great work for us. Despite being right in the inner SE neighborhoods of Portland, we had a property-line dispute with our neighbors as to who 'owned' an enormous and unruly bay laurel hedge that took up nearly 1/3 of our backyard. On a small lot, this hedge needed to go and we were pretty sure it was entirely located on our property. Unable to find a resolution with our neighbors, we committed to hiring a surveyor and was given Reppeto & Associates as a resource. Steve worked with me on preliminary info before committing to the project, and he and his crew were able to stake the entire property line (and confirmed that the hedge was on our line entirely). This resolution allowed us to have a fence run down two sides of our property. All of our neighbors are thankful to know exactly where the lots lines are. I'd recommend Reppeto & Associates to anyone looking for similar helpAndy M.
- Business Description:Woman owned business
- Business Description:Design/Build landscape company. Free estimates and first visit free. We are licensed in both Oregon and Washington to build any type or size of landscaping project. Basically anything outside the windows we can design and build. We have subcontractors for both gas lines and electricity. Additional address:: P.O.Box 4004, Tualatin, OR 97062; LLC #8059. CCB# 16766Recent Review:We just had a party recently out back and it was a great success. The owner, Todd, is very helpful. They started when they said they would. They did the job neatly. I had a couple of changes I wanted made (not their fault) and they came back out to fix it. Everything turned out as we wanted it toAnna S.
- Business Description:I have other licenced sub-contracters to use on the job. It really just depends on the size of the project.Recent Review:Both projects went smoothly and very quickly. Gordon's crew is very efficient and quick. They got the job done in a very timely manner and did a very good job. He communicates well and often so I always knew what the status of the job was and he was accommodating. He is great to work with when brainstorming how to get something done in a cost effective way and works well with architects who "get" construction. His prices are reasonable for the quality of work...he is not the lowest bidder but he is not the highest either but for the quality of the work and the knowledge that the job will be done right, I would choose to pay a little more anyway. I would definitely use him againDiane C.
- Business Description:Permit-It.com is a full service construction and development consulting company. We are a group of designers, architects, engineers and permit expediters. With over 15 years of experience in jurisdiction throughout the United State we make getting your project ready to build easy by doing all the leg work for you up front. We then take your completely prepared documents to the permitting office and process them for you. Our focus is to provide accurate and timely information.....every time! ..
- Business Description:COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. ADDITIONAL ADDRESS 39660 PLEASANT AVE SANDY, OR 97055. SEE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ON SERVICES OFFERED.Recent Review:We had a very good experience. We wanted to know where our property line was for future landscaping and fencing plans, and had never had to do a property survey before. We did not know the pros and cons of an official versus a cheaper and informal survey where the map does not get recorded with the county surveyor. Dale patiently explained the costs and work involved, and why it is important not to pay for a quick informal survey where the surveyor does not record the map with the county surveyor and the survey is therefore not legally recognized. His advice was invaluable because one of our neighbors was surprised to find that the fence they had started to put up was actually in our yard (they had not done a survey) and needed to be adjusted. Oops! Having done a legal survey that got recorded with the county saved everyone a lot of trouble and expensive follow-up. All County Surveyors gave us a not-to-exceed quote and informed us of the cost of filing with the county, so there were no unpleasant billing surprises. They did the survey in less time than they estimated, in spite of their survey manager having to undergo serious surgery during that timeFelicia M.
- Business Description:Applied Archaeological Research, Inc. (AAR) is a full service cultural resource management firm based in Portland, Oregon. AAR is recognized as a certified Emerging Small Business with nine full time employees. All project-level staff are highly skilled and trained professionals. AARspecializes in compliance archaeology and historic preservation. For a full list of our services and to find out more about AAR, please go our website at www.aar-crm.com
- Business Description:Meoak Contracting is a mid size construction firm.Recent Review:Once Ben committed to a start date on this project, everything when well. We are very aware that good subcontractors cannot always meet every ideal date. We were willing to be flexible because we believe there is a difference between a fast job and an excellent job. We got the excellent job. Although it is difficult to be without a kitchen for weeks, the wonderful job at the end was worth the wait. Custom kitchens in older home are not easy.  Reid C.
- Business Description:Griffin Land Surveying Inc. provides Oregon and Southwest Washington areas with a full range of land surveying services. We have the flexibility to take on many types of survey work as listed - from finding property corners on a small lot to surveying large commercial sites. Our clients have a great experience with communications through the entire project and with our ethics. We are well known for excellence in surveying and mapping and have been recording surveys for over 25 years. NOTE:..Recent Review:Builder who owns lot next to me began excavation and cut down trees on my property while I was on vacation. Thus the need to have the property line resurveyed by a professional and land markers provided, so that the Builder could have proof of their encroachment on my property and for me to seek appropriate remedies. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />Ken found the original monuments by the surveying firm that assisted the Developer years ago, made those obvious with posts and flags and provided additional land markers so there would be no confusion on the property line. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />Ken is an experienced professional who responded within a few hours of my initial call and was able to provide the service within a few days of request, providing a detailed emailed proposal of services and price before proceeding. The price was fair and represented the value of Ken's work and knowledge. I would use Ken again if necessary and recommend him to Homeowners and Businesses. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /TERESA S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Ridgefield
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Design Resource GroupPO Box 4004
Tualatin, Oregon 97062
- Design Resource Group
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture9527 SW Brooklyn Ln
Portland, Oregon 97224
- Froeberland Landscape Architecture
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc6107 SW Murray Blvd
Beaverton, Oregon 97008
- Griffin Land Surveying Inc
- Meoak Contracting LLC16491 Hiram AVe
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
- Meoak Contracting LLC
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes16796 SE Royer Rd
Damascus, Oregon 97089
- Northwest Outdoor Living and Landscapes
- Permit-It, LLCPO Box 998
Washougal, Washington 98671
- Permit-It, LLC
- Reppeto & Associates Inc12730 SE Stark St
Portland, Oregon 97233
- Reppeto & Associates Inc
- Tualatin Valley Concrete8950 SW Locust St
Portland, Oregon 97223
- Tualatin Valley Concrete