A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Stafford, VA
There are 7 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Stafford
- Plumbing Innovators - FredericksburgHe was very good and came out in timely manner even though they were busy. He was professional and the price reasonable for what he did. If there were parts that he needed he was able to call in and get them delivered to him so he did not have to stop working. He went above and beyond the call of duty. I cannot say enough good things about him and I would highly recommend him
- Plumbing Innovators - FredericksburgJosh and Matt were very friendly and professional. They explained everything to me and showed me what they were doing. I was a bit surprised at the price of the pump, but I did not price one on my own so I did not know what to expect honestly. They asked me if I wanted to wait and get another opinion....being that they had a nearly superior rating on Angies List and that it was involving my septic system and was a semi emergency and that I just happened to have the day off, I went with their work. They ensured everything was done correctly and check to ensure everything was working properly. I would recommend the company and will call them again if I have a need
- Plumbing Innovators - FredericksburgClay was the technician who showed up Saturday afternoon and quickly diagnosed that our 16 year old pump did need to be replaced. Could I have found a lower price by getting multiple bids; maybe. Did I appreciate Clay's promptness, courtesy and professionalism; definitely. Besides, preventing a sewage back-up into our home was high on the priority list (need to have, not want to have), not to mention it was a cold, snowy Saturday. So, we agreed for the work to be done. Casey completed the job quickly and efficiently. He answered all of our questions. We appreciated the great, friendly service on a weekend. Highly recommend and would use again
- Plumbing Innovators - FredericksburgWe have had Plumbing Innovators out to the house on several occasions, as the house we recently purchased is starting to show its age. They have been out to our house no fewer than 4 or 5 times. Of those visits, we've had two different technicians. Both technicians were extremely friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Of the variety of plumbing problems we had, Plumbing Innovators was able to quickly diagnose the problem and quickly fix it. On two occasions, we had backed up toilets. One occasion we had a backed up A/C line that caused a minor flooding in the basement. On another occasion, there were bad odors in the basement. Not only were the plumbers able to easily and quickly resolve the problem, they also performed an overall health diagnosis of our plumbing infrastructure. They noted where improper plumbing work had been performed earlier by contractors. We plan to have them come back out in the future and correct that problem. We have not had much luck in finding good vendors for various services that we need. However, we're thankful that we found Plumbing Innovators on Angie's List. We are now lifetime loyal customers to Plumbing Innovators for as long as we live in this residence. Kudos for a well run company that does good quality work at a very good price with the utmost consideration for customer service!!!!
- Plumbing Innovators - FredericksburgThey were great and spoke a language I understand. They also explained in laymen's terms what they were doing and had me see it as well. Outstanding job!
- KC Plumbing, Heating & A/CThey are always punctual,professional & do what they say the will do. I use for all of my plumbing, heating & air needs
- TRIPLE R CONSTRUCTION COExcellent responsiveness and quality service. Contact the company on Sunday evening before the Memorial Day. Telephone call was answered immediately and the representative provided help with diagnosis. He texted me with follow-up info and they came out first thing Tuesday. Their work was quick with site cleanup following. Great service!
- TAYLOR'S SEPTIC SVCDid the job as requested. Very helpful in explaining to us do's and don'ts of maintaining the septic system.
- Powell's PlumbingThe men were on time and explained everything they did. The cost was exactly what I was told and I didn't have to get a contract, which other companies said I would.
- TRIVETT'S SEPTIC CLEANING SVCRecently, we just purchased a home and are not familiar with the services in the area. I needed my septic tank pumped out and Trivett's provided very good service. They were here right on time and the gentleman even helped me find the top of the tank ( I had the wrong hole to pump out of). Overall, I am very happy with the service provided and the cost of the service. I would recommend them and I will use their services again in the future
Last update on July 22, 2019
Septic Service Contractors in Stafford, VA
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Dale City,
- Indian Head,
- Lake Ridge,
- King George,
- Locust Grove,
- Linton Hall,
- Manassas Park,
- Mason Neck
Septic Tank Contractors in Stafford, VA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Brown & son Septic Service Inc19292 Clearview Ln
Culpeper, Virginia 22701
- Brown & son Septic Service Inc
- JP Plumbing Solutions, LLC9125 Acadia Park Dr
Bristow, Virginia 20136
- JP Plumbing Solutions, LLC
- Professional Plumbing Solutions Inc10176 Kings Hwy
King George, Virginia 22485
- Professional Plumbing Solutions Inc
- Tidewater Septic And Rain Harvesting LLC10176 Kings Hwy
King George, Virginia 22485
- Tidewater Septic And Rain Harvesting LLC
Septic tank companies that service Stafford
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.