SUNSET HOME REPAIR LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2008

222 W 21st St Suite F #201

Norfolk, VA 23517

We are Class A roofing, siding and trim contractors in Hampton Roads, Virginia. We also perform window, door and deck installation. We serve the cities of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Hampton and Newport News. Whether you need shingles, rubber roof, vinyl siding, trim

03/20/2022

Patrick M.

We have hired Sunset Home Repair several times over the years. The professional presentation from initial contact to final walk through has always been a great experience. I had quotes each time we had the work done. Although not always the least expensive, we have always been pleased with the great craftmanship and work. Well worth the price. Patrick & Liz Moore

Description of Work
Installation of multiple access doors to the house. Built an 18' X 20' screened summerhouse. Built a 15' X 18' second story composite deck.

Category handyman service, roofing, replacement windows, chimney repair, woodworking, house painters

04/01/2016

Kerke J.

We were in a pinch to get the work done quickly on our house that we were selling. Dan showed up to work with his crew on Monday, only 2 days after agreeing on the price. they showed up every day until the job was complete, and it was quality work. A competing roofer had quoted nearly $20,000 for the same work Dan did for $9,000, and confirmed our suspicion the other roofer was a rip-off artist. Dan was honest enough to say a lot of the work was really unnecessary to begin with, but the homebuyers had been duped into believing the work needed to be done, and we had agreed to do the work to keep the sale.

Description of Work
Replaced cracked and missing slates on slate roof. Replaced all metal flashings around chimneys and in valleys.

Category roofing, siding, chimney repair

05/26/2015

Kayce C.

This contractor was very true to his word. There was one blemish that might affect performance, upon completion. When it was brought to the contractor's attention, he had it fixed immediately. He was underbid by some companies, but the price difference was worth the peace of mind. The contractor worked with me to salvage membrane removed from the old roof, and helped me to save pallets, extra insulation, etc. My only complaint was that the company that dropped the dumpster off, dropped it on top of a young live oak tree, killing it. The low bidder on this roof was the company that installed it originally. When collecting estimates, every single contractor questioned the original installation, wherein the membrane roof was installed over two old layers of tar and gravel. The published life expectancy of the replaced roof was 40 years. It failed at 11 years, one year out of warranty.

Description of Work
Replaced a 2000 square foot membrane roof on a flat building.

Category roofing, siding

03/22/2015

fred M.

would highly recommend for any work to get done on the house. i had several quotes and they were the lowest. he came out and gave me a quote, he didn't try and sell me anything.

Description of Work
The wrapped the trim, including replacing the rooted wood, wrapped all the windows, replacing the rooted wood. and replace shutters, also replaced all the gutters on the house

Category siding, replacement windows

03/16/2015

Eric C.

I have had to have some repairs done to my roof. I had to hire an individual to come out and supervise the project to make sure it was done adequately. It was a stressful process.

Description of Work
The replaced our roof.

07/25/2014

Sherry N.

Had roof for almost a year when it began leaking. Dan ( the owner) came out tried several things and finally determined the roof had to come off (he did not put the roof on, an employee put the roof on ( unfortunately it was that employee's last day and he was really not doing his best work) Dan took full responsibility for the roof, tore it off and told me I could have any roof I wanted. I said he was the professional and I wanted a roof that we would never have to address again. We talked about several and I chose a very un orthodox roof. He did a great job and I I'll hire him again.

Description of Work
Had a second floor sunroom roof put on twice by this company

03/28/2014

Tamice J.

Good experience.

Description of Work
Repaired some shingles on roof after bad storm.

Category roofing, siding

02/11/2014

Donald S.

08/14/2013

Jana E.

Wonderfully. I have an older home and have used him twice now. Even tarped roof when a strong storm was in-bound and he wasn't available for a few days.

Description of Work
Repaired roof valley and resealed chimney.

Category roofing, chimney repair

12/19/2012

Jennifer H.

Very thorough and detailed work. They came and left without us even knowing they were finished. We will definitely hire them again for all of our needs in our home.

Description of Work
Repair of the flashing on our home.

07/24/2012

Robert M.

Sunset Home Repair were very good. They were on time and they did a good job while they were here, we received compliments about the job that they've done from people who visit our home.

Description of Work
I had my windows blacked from sunset.

Category replacement windows

07/22/2012

Elizabeth P.

Everything went great. The door is a very nice quality and is a true french door that can be opened to it's full double width.I am so glad to finally have a front door handle that actually works. Sunset does a great job at a fair price.

Description of Work
Fixed wood around door opening.Removed the old sliding glass door and replaced it with a french door.Installed all the locks on the french door.Removed the door handle and lock on my front door and replaced the locks and door handle.Replaced the dead bold on the door to the garage.

Category handyman service, roofing, siding, woodworking

06/16/2012

Cina W.

They quickly came out. Sent me an estimate via e-mail along with proof they were licensed and insured. Started the job when they promised. They could not find paint to match the metal wrap, so they used a computerized matching system and had a matching color created (wow!). They created a new metal wrap for the eaves. Fixed siding. All of this was completed in one day. They billed me after the job was done. I paid by sending them a check. I received a thank you note from the company for using them. I would not hesitate to use them again! Top notch!

Description of Work
Metal wrap around the eaves of the house got ripped off during a storm. Some siding also shifted from the winds of the storm. The metal wrap all around the eaves was old, so I decided to have it all replaced.

Category handyman service, siding

Home Genius Exteriors

Jack M Levi Painting & General Contracting

Jack, the owner, has been in the Remodeling and Painting industry over 40 years. Starting in 1979, Jack M Levi painting has been the go to for Virginia Beach area for any painting, drywall repair, plaster repair, carpentry work, and much more! We take a ton of pride in our work, and make sure the job is always done right. Give us a call today and let us know how we can make your project go smooth and efficiently!

The Painter, Inc.

We are a family-owned painting company established in 2006 to fill a void in excellent customer service in the painting industry. Our unique approach to customer service, high quality paints, and a 100% money back guarantee are the reason why we are the fastest-growing painting company in our area for the last four years. We do all types of interior and exterior painting, deck and fence staining, Garage floor Coatings, Cabinet refinishing and much more.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

EXTERIOR REPAIR. ROOFING, SIDING,ALUMINUM, ROOF LEAKS, WOOD WORKING, siding repair, roof repair, roof replacement, siding replacement,home improvement,slate roof repair, slate roof,soffit, gutter, trim wrap, door, window, solar shingles