Have you noticed an unexpected water bill? Your meter might be to blame. This checklist can help you inspect your water meter to make sure it’s in working order.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Monroe, VA
There are 7 highly-rated local plumbers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Monroe
- Witt MechanicalJeff's guys did a great job! I did all the framing in the basement and then they came in a ran all the wiring for outlets, lights, switches, bath exhaust fan, and smoke detectors; ran all the water and drain lines for a bar and full bath; and also moved HVAC ducting to get it out of the way. Once the rough-in inspection was done and drywall and painting were completed, they came in and did the finish work. All along the way they were patient and helpful
- Tinnells constructionBryan and his crew came right when he said they would and knew what he was doing in getting our water running again. I highly recommend Bryan Tinnell.
- Excalibur PlumbingWent very well. Our first floor, bathroom was completely clogged house cleaned it up rapidly. We feet we can trust what he tells us. He has done wonderful work in getting our plumbing problems cleaned up.
- Bathroom and Kitchen King Remodeling, LLCtile work was excellent. Put in a nice French door for us also... business owner did a good job designing a stylish kitchen for us and sizing the cabinets and quartz countertops in a good quality product. Workers had good personalities and many years of experience and were talented and respectful and explained any difficulties or workarounds. Some detail work left for the homeowner... a few rough edges. overall this is a good crew to work with
- Sullivan PlumbingGreat. They kept me informed of their arrival time. Quickly diagnosed and found the problem and fixed it. Honest and professional.
- Sullivan PlumbingExcellent! I came home on 9/11/19 to find my daughter & a gentleman from the Amherst County Service Authority standing in my yard by my water meter. My meter reading was much higher than usual so he came to check it out & determined that there was a leak. Using Angie's List I found Sullivan Plumbing, I told them the problem and they had someone here the next morning. The two technicians were professional, knowledgeable & personable. They determined where the leak was, gave me a very reasonable estimate for the repair and went right to work. They did a great job! I will definitely use their service again
- One Stop Home ServicesIt was okay. It could have been better if they clarified everything up front. I ended up being happy with the job but had to really discuss the job with them to get everything covered. Everything seems to be working and I have had no complaints from the tenant. They came out promptly as well.
- Plumb Care Plumbing IncCalled answering service on a Saturday and received a call back from Jordan he explained what the cost would be, time and a half to come out or I could wait until Monday when it would be cheaper. I opted to pay for the Saturday call , pay them or pay a high water bill. He arrived 1 hr as he said, explained what needed to be done, work was completed, parts replaced and cleaned up after repair. Would use him again if needed
- C & G Plumbing & Htg CoI had my bathroom remodeled due to old age and outdated fixtures. I called C&G Plumbing & Heating Co. and they responded promptly and set up a time frame that fit my schedule perfectly! They were able to perform and exceeded my expectations immaculately! I was also impressed with the recommendations that were given and advice on how to go about the whole process. Our plumber was very understanding, neat and professional
- Sullivan PlumbingGreat! Sullivan responded immediately to request for quote. In fact, they were the only way to do so. Good product suggestion, left no trace behind of their work, took away old toilet.
Plumbers in Monroe
- Business Description:Locally owned and operated since 1991, that’s 26 years and over 120 years of combined experience!! Emergency service is available 24/7, and our plumbers are very quick to respond. No job too small or too big! We take care of all your plumbing needs including water heater replacements and full bathroom and kitchen remodels!! We are known for our dependability and quality work. Residential or commercial; our highly skilled team of professional plumbing contractors will get the job done right!. ..Recent Review:Michael was very polite, helpful, and professional. He did a great job and thoroughly cleaned up after the work was done. I will definitely call Plumb Care again for any plumbing issues that might come up.Cerise S.
- Business Description:Sullivan Plumbing Express is a small, family-owned plumbing service that serves customers in Lynchburg, Amherst, and the surrounding areas of Virginia. Our services include the installation and repair of sinks, faucets, toilets, dishwashers, garbage disposals, water softeners, water heaters, and more. We also provide sales and installation of tankless water heaters and water filtration systems. From small repairs to large installations, we provide a full catalog of standard and emergency plum..Recent Review:Mr Sullivan responded very promptly to my inquiry and scheduled a visit for a couple of days out. He arrived on time (actually called to say he would be early). The job and clean up including disposal of the unit components was completed efficiently and professionally. Mr. Sullivan was personable, polite and customer oriented. I will definitely use again and recommend to other homeownersvic p.
- Business Description:Better Bathrooms & Kitchens is a full service residential remodeling comapany located in Salem, VA. We have proudly served homeowners in Central and Southwest Virginia since 1995. We offer complete bathroom and kitchen remodeling, as well as interior and exterior painting. Fully licensed and insured, Better Bathrooms & Kitchens can handle every aspect of your project, including vanities, countertops, electrical work, plumbing, tiling, construction, and much more without the need for subcontra..Recent Review:We had a very nice consultation with Tracy, the company owner. He drove a good way to consult with us and listened intently to what we are wanting. He showed us choices in products and costs. His company, Better Baths and Kitchens sounds like it has a great reputation and has been steadily growing. We asked for more time to make our decision and he cheerfully agreed and gave us 30 days. He also wore a facemask and gloves to the consultation in our home. We had a positive experience with Tracy. I do recommend himJane U.
- Business Description:We focus on jobs deemed “too small” for general contractors. Indoor and outdoor repairs, minor renovations, doors and window installations, flooring, painting, countertop installation, backsplash, wall and floor tile installation, door handles and locks, trim and base board installation and much moreRecent Review:Phil from Albin Homes was an excellent communicator. The work was completed on schedule and without any issues. He was very good about describing his progress with me and informing us on ways to save money or speed up the process. He was helpful in the design and selection process which made us feel at home with our new kitchen. Phil and his crew were clean, professional, respectful, and genuine. Overall, I am blown away by Albin Homes! We will certainly be reaching out again with more work. Thank you Phil! (I have added pictures of the before and after, both from the same doorway)Esther D.
- Business Description:Paul's Plumbing has been fixing leaky faucets, pipes, and water heaters in Albemarle County for over 20 years. We are known in the industry for our high quality of work and excellent customer service. Whatever your plumbing service needs, we will handle them properly and efficiently. We are efficient with removing your grey quest piping and will replace it with CPVC or copper piping. We value your business and want to make sure any plumbing emergency is taken care of in a timely manner. Be as..Recent Review:It went very well. He always does a good job. He fixes the problem and it stays fixed. He comes in and gets the work done the same day. We've always been pleased with Paul's work. He's also reasonably priced.amy R.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home or business as if it were our own. We offer a variety of electrical services and plumbing services that are customizable to each individual project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction! We are located in Moneta, Virginia. Thank youRecent Review:When we hired Daniel we had originally felt very enthusiastic. He had spent a lot of time encouraging us to be conservative and have him do a little work; then we could do the rest. Unfortunately, when he pulled the old cartridge, he destroyed the old faucet. So our overall cost was more than doubled. Had we protested, perhaps his company would have paid for the ruined faucet. But we just went along, so we hold some of the responsibility for out dissatisfaction. I wish Daniel had forseen the need to replace the whole faucet and made an accurate quote. Had that occurred, we certainly would have gotten other quotes. In an odd sense, he was to nice to be "a good bet" for us! <br /Anne M.
- Business Description:Whether you need a simple faucet installation or water heater replacement, we offer a wide range of residential plumbing services to meet your needs. We continually strive to exceed expectations by ensuring that each client receives the very best service
- Business Description:Im Jake Livengood and I would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce our company Livengood Electrical llc so that you may consider our company for your electrical needs. Livengood electrical llc is a New small business, electrical contractor based right outside of Charlottesville Virginia, while serving Charlottesville and surrounding countys. Our services include wiring for new construction, Add ons, Remodels, Custom Houses, Additions and trouble shooting. Our company is committe..Recent Review:The job went great! Livengood Electric really shined when it came to getting this job done. He went out of his way to make sure we had a beautiful new electrical service that will last for years to come. And also we will be ready next time the power goes out! Thanks again Jake, you did a great jobJoe I.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I chose Executive because the reviews were excellent. Their rates were very competitive, in fact better in most cases. From start to finish this company performed like the well oiled machine. The reviews were spot on. They found a reputable carrier within 3 days and my car was picked up 3 days later! The carrier actually arrived one day early, loaded my car with care & delivered it one day early to Santa Fe. It actually arrived before I did! I was prepared for standard the 7 to 14 day wait and I understand this timetable does not always come together but it did for me because Lori & others @ Executive made it happen. My friend accepted delivery of the car and told me the boys who delivered it were extremely cautious unloading my car and very professional. I could not have asked for a smoother transition and I’m so pleased I did not have to navigate this on my ownBonnie W.
- Business Description:Hello my name is Bryan I've been in the construction business for over 25 years anything from the ground up especially in the siding/decking of all types and windows and doors and roofing of all types i never give up and i don't let anything stop me from getting the job done im a simple small business just me and a couple of guys been that way for years now and now I just need the trust in the community to let me help them and get to know them and grow my business
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
The holidays can be hectic, so you don’t want to end up scrambling in case of an emergency. Here’s how to prepare for medical and maintenance emergencies.
Is your drinking water free of lead? If you have brass or copper pipes, it might not be. Find out how to check your pipes for lead.
Find Plumbers in
Plumbers in Monroe
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations11256 AIR PARK RD
Ashland, Virginia 23005
- '58 Foundations
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Grassfield Plumbing, Inc.110 McGann Rd
Madison Heights, Virginia 24572
- Grassfield Plumbing, Inc.
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
- High Tech Home Warranties
- Kitchen & Bath IdeasONE MILLRACE DR
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
- Kitchen & Bath Ideas
- Ward's Plumbing318 Campbells Mill Rd
Amherst, Virginia 24521
- Ward's Plumbing
How much does a plumber cost?
Answer: The cost of a plumber ranges from $175 to $480, with a national average of $330. However, the price will vary depending on job complexity, timing, location, supplies and materials, permits, and level of expertise. These costs typically include toilet repairs, faucet installations, and leaky pipes. In addition to the service call, you may also need to budget for haul-away and trip fees often required during more complicated jobs. Ask your local plumbing contractor about these fees before hiring them.
How much does a plumber charge to replace a toilet?
Answer: On average, you can expect to pay your local plumbing contractor between $125 and $230 to replace an old toilet, with most residential homeowners paying around $150 to $180 for professional installation. You’ll need to consider materials and labor when calculating a final price. Not all toilets are equal. Depending on the brand you choose and the features you want, a new toilet might run you anywhere from $100 to $1,300. Add in the price of labor and installation, and your total project can jump up to $200 and $1,500.
How much does a plumber cost to fix a toilet?
Answer: According to our service providers, it costs roughly $75 to $200 on average to have your toilet repaired. However, this price will vary depending on the complexity of the job and the materials needed for the fix. Repairs can be messy and less-than-pleasant to address, but having a functioning toilet is most definitely necessary. If you’re experiencing problems with your toilet, contact a local, reputable plumbing contractor right away, as avoiding repairs can lead to bigger—and more expensive—issues over time.
Is liquid plumber safe for septic systems?
Answer: Good news! Liquid-Plumr® is safe for septic systems. Most drain cleaners disrupt the pH in your septic tank, which prevents the good bacteria from breaking down septic waste. The chemical make-up in Liquid-Plumr® works with the bacteria to break down waste quickly without harming your septic system. Still, it’s best to confirm with your local plumbing provider if Liquid-Plumr® is the right solution for your system.
How much is it for a plumber to unclog a toilet?
Answer: Even the most well-maintained toilets experience clogs. It’ll cost you an average of $200 to $700 to unclog your toilet. Severe clogs will require a more comprehensive repair method, so check with your local plumbing contractor to determine the best approach for unclogging your toilet.
Is Liquid-Plumr®, or any other liquid drain cleaner, safe for septic systems?
Answer: Yes and no. Liquid-Plumr® and other drain cleaners are most effective when used sparingly (one to three times a year). Repeated use of liquid plumber on drains could deteriorate your pipes and cause more damage. If your pipes clog frequently, put down the liquid plumber and call your local plumbing contractor immediately.