Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Monroe, VA
There are 4 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Monroe
- SWARTZ LOADER & BACKHOEThey did a really good work and they have a reasonable price. The guy who worked for us knows what he is doing so that when it’s done, the driveway would look good.
- CHARLES SMITH'S CONTRACTINGThey are really good on carpentry thing. Their price is very reasonable and they worked very quickly. They showed up when they said they would and they made sure that everything works properly. There has been no problem after work and the work still looks very good after few years. They have been very good and I was very happy with the outcome
- VC Design & Build IncWe wanted to have the basement finished before we moved in and VC Design surpassed our expectations with top-of-the line materials and construction at a reasonable price that we could afford. As a result we have our dream home built to the highest standards. I would not hesitate to recommend VC Design and Build to anyone for high quality residential or business construction
- Sidney B. Allen Jr, Builder IncGreat job from planning to finish including follow up items; personal involvement of Bert Allen, President of the company.
- Rockbridge BuildersI have used Rockbridge Builders on several occasions from 2003 to 2010. Every contact with the company has been positive. They go beyond the call of duty to insure the customer is pleased, they work professionally, and most of all know what they are doing. I highly recommend this company without reservation
- Alex Ertel Construction IncI phoned Alex and he called back immediately. Even though he was busy, he assured me the work would be finished within the time frame I requested and he far surpassed that time frame. I felt his price was fair and I felt confident that he would do just as he promised, which he did. I would hire Alex again and would recommend him highly
- Romano BuildersAfter we laid out the location and orientation of the structure, Mr. Romano proceeded to have the site excavated, formed and poured the footer. He then formed and poured the basement walls, 8 inch reinforced concrete. After that he poured the basement floor, and the floor between the basement and the main floor. Then he formed the walls (6 inch Reenforced concrete) for the upper level. The truses were put in place and the roof decked. The rest was basically finishing. During the whole project if he was not satisfied with the result, he did it over. The trim work was outstanding, the window installation is tight. We put in air to air heat exchangers because the house is so tight. You will not find a draft of outside air any where in the house. We have lived in the house for almost 7 years without any issue. If I could control it, I would never build a house without using Insulated Concrete Forms. I without hesitation recommend Mr. Romano for any residential construction task
- The Southern Porch CoVery pleasant experience. The guys showed up every day until the job was complete. They worked hard and easily answered any questions we had. The workmanship was amazing and the results were exactly as we hoped. Our porch looks like a million bucks! If you need a professional construction company for a professional looking porch, this is the company you need
- S & H Construction CoThey did a great job. They are coming to do some more work for us as soon as they have the time. We are going to have them do the patio. They were very professional. They came back several times to check on the product because it kind of shattered so they replaced the whole nine yards without asking any questions. We called and told the owner and he put it in without any charge. We really enjoyed them. They are good people
- JTF Renewable Design & BuildThis provider came in to fix and finish a floor install after we let another contractor go due to a number of factors. Jason came in, did what he said he was going to do in the time he said he was going to do it, gave us a fair price, and left us with high quality work. This is our second experience with him and we would hire him again in a heartbeat
House Builders in Monroe
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Im Jake Livengood and I would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce our company Livengood Electrical llc so that you may consider our company for your electrical needs. Livengood electrical llc is a New small business, electrical contractor based right outside of Charlottesville Virginia, while serving Charlottesville and surrounding countys. Our services include wiring for new construction, Add ons, Remodels, Custom Houses, Additions and trouble shooting. Our company is committe..Recent Review:Jake and crew came out (over an hour drive one way) to correctly install a couple of out door outlets. Prompt and friendly. We will be using them again on a few other upcoming projects in the future. Thanks again for your expertiseJoshua L.
- Business Description:Awnings & Coverings Sales, Service, and Installation. We have available for your Home, Out door living and Pool area, Lake Front, Recreation area, and Docks, Retractable and Stationairy Awnings and Coverings, Pergolas, we offer Metal and Fabric Awnings Standard and Special Applacations, Window and Door awnings metal frame with fabric coverings. Free Estimate with in 50 mile radius, any additional travel Fees will be deducted from your purchase. Our most unique Retractable Awning is the SeaShe..Recent Review:I have not actually purchased anything from them but I wanted to write about their excellent customer service. I contacted Central Virginia Awning to inquire about replacing a 20 year old canvas cover on our motorized retractable awning (which had been installed by a company that has since gone out of business). He told be they are not suppliers of that specific type of awning cover, but took down my information, did some research about my brand of awning, called around to locate a dealer for me, then called me back with the name and phone number, telling me I should probably call the other dealer directly if I wanted to keep this under warranty. I am SO impressed with their helpful, unselfish attitude--truly went the extra mile--wish I could give them my businessJulie A M.
- Business Description:Right Angle Carpentry is about providing the customer with quality work at a fair price. We are a class A building contractor in the state of Virginia with 20 years of experience in the Construction field. We are able to provide a wide range of services from small home repairs to larger projects such as additions or custom homes. Call us if you are looking for a positive construction experience in the Roanoke - Lynchburg area. We take great pride in the quality of our work and our attenti..Recent Review:The deck and fence looks great and is very well built. I highly recommend Right Angle.Bruce B.
- Business Description:Our family owned Construction Company has been in business for over 20 years! Our experienced and professional team of contractors are here to help you with all of your home improvement needs! We are fully licensed and insured, and we do everything from small handyman jobs all the way up to commercial construction. Each of our jobs are assigned to one of our owners or one of our managers who you have full access to every step of the way for any questions or concerns you may have! Our goal is ..Recent Review:I called in early September and followed up a week later. They never bothered to call back to schedule an estimate.Rob W.
- Business Description:NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. provides various support functions for each of its sub-entities. These include sales and marketing support, vital human resource specialists, and an advanced information technology department, which provide a network of resources utilized by NVR, Inc. holdingsRecent Review:The customer service is poor, and they lack follow through. Our garage door does not work properly and sounds like it's going to fall. In every inch of the sod, the grass is dead. I wish we had chosen a different builderChristian R.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Our business is our livelihood but it is also so much more. O'Byrne Contracting Inc was started to fill in a void in the current market and to make a business that people can place their trust in. Over the years we have never lost our commitment to our clients and that is what has allowed us to succeed in a very competitive industry. The employees of O'Byrne Contracting Inc stand committed to our purpose and will provide the best service
- Business Description:Lee Builders is a General Contracting Company servicing Lynchburg, VA and surrounding counties.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Madison Heights
- Buena Vista
- Spout Spring
- East Lexington
- Lynch Station
- Steeles Tavern
home builders in Monroe
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- C Taylor Inc. (DBA: Taylor's Home Improvement)32 Little Acre Lane
Natural Bridge Station, Virginia
- Cascio And Sons Construction3712 S Amherst Hwy
Madison Heights, Virginia
- Central Va Construction1270 Mays Mill Rd
- Central Virginia Awning266 Winebarger Cir
- Cheatham General Contractor8855 Red House Rd
- Commonwealth Construction & Restorations3408 Ivylink Place
- Cooper's Buildings, LLC.1032 Triggs Rd
- Custom Crafters Construction Co. Inc5121 Boonsboro Rd
- C Taylor Inc. (DBA: Taylor's Home Improvement)
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- GAINES GROUP57 South Main St. Suite 201
- GAINES GROUP
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- NVR Inc11700 Plaza America Dr 500
- NVR Inc
- O'Byrne Contracting Inc2311 N Lee Highway
- O'Byrne Contracting Inc