The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Monroe, VA
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Monroe
- Mark Home RepairMark responded to my phone request promptly. He was very conscientious and paid attention to details. He also offered helpful solutions to maintain the integrity of the porch I needed repaired.
- RIGHT ANGLE CARPENTRYSuperb. Doug and his team were professional and produced a top quality job. Before starting, he provided a detailed and fair estimate and schedule.Then he executed to plan at the agreed upon price and schedule. Doug is not only a fine contractor, he has great integrity and will insure the job is done right. In addition, he is a USMC veteran and demonstrates discipled, principled leadership
- Knott's HandyworkRyan did a fantastic job. He was on time and very professional. He completed the work quickly, and it looks great.
- Mark Home RepairMy mother lives in a home that hasn't had maintenance on it for years! Mark came in to do some smaller projects for me. The house had a 60 year old toilet in it which I wanted replaced. When you take on a project like that it requires knowledge and proper parts to make old fit new. I just shook my head when he removed the old toilet thinking this will never work. He got it done and it works perfectly. It is difficult to find someone just to do the small jobs now days...they are all about the big money. You call and they either don't show up or don't call. I believe there is no project too big or small for Mark. He has been a lifesaver. I am going to keep him busy and I hope others will as wel
- JTF Renewable Design & BuildThis provider came in to fix and finish a floor install after we let another contractor go due to a number of factors. Jason came in, did what he said he was going to do in the time he said he was going to do it, gave us a fair price, and left us with high quality work. This is our second experience with him and we would hire him again in a heartbeat
- WEV ConstructionThey were quick to give me a quote on the job and put the quote in writing. They were able to work my job into thier schedule and they did the job when promised. They did a quality job at a fair price and they actually did the job for a little less than estimated. I would recommend this company if you need any type of home construction or remodeling. We plan to use them in the near future when we do our addition and porches
- Dollman Construction, IncIn early 2014, I moved to Bedford county from Maryland and purchased an older house. I needed some major work done and was unfamiliar with any contractors in the area. I consulted the yellow pages and found Dollman Construction. I called them to evaluate the project and requested an estimate. Mr. Dollman met with me at the job site and we reviewed my needs. I purchased a 36x30 steel building in February, but needed a contractor to erect the building. Not only was the building erection needed, but this job required foundation drawings, removal of several large trees, excavation of the site, building approval and permit by the county for the design of the building and accompanying lot, as well as insulation and electrical work which were not originally included in the plans. Mr. Dollman's company was able to work with my needs as changes in the plans indicated. All work was completed by Dollman Construction, from the foundation for the building to completing the parking lot outside the garage. The building was quickly and professionally erected, with concrete pads and extra large garage doors. The house we purchased had significant water damage by a door off the side of the house. Construction of a new porch area and repair of the damage was next. The company built a new porch and now this is my favorite entrance and exit into the house. The carpenters made improvements to the area so no new water damage would occur in the future. The roof was twenty years old, and needed to be replaced. Mr. Dollman's company was fast and efficient replacing the roof. A steep A-frame house with skylights over a sunroom and edges which overlooked a steep incline with nowhere to deposit the old shingles presented a significant challenge to the roofers. The roofers were able to finish the job in ONE day, including clean up of the area. Great care was take to avoid damage from the workers to any structures or landscaping plants. The onsite supervisor of the work crews is knowledgeable and always available for questions and concerns. The cost of this work was around ninety thousand dollars, but the work is professional and the employees are polite and conscientious. I am quite pleased with Dollman Construction and have already spoken to Mr. Dollman regarding other projects I need to complete. I could not be happier with the work completed and highly recommend Dollman Construction to anyone looking for a contractor. On another note, the point of contact in the office is Crystal. She is very polite, friendly and dependable. A rare gem. Kudos to Dollman Construction
- Knott's HandyworkExcellent work, on time as agreed, excellent carpentry knowledge and a very hard worker. No cons at all.
- Knott's HandyworkMr. Knott did not do the work, because of our tight time frame, but he gave us the advice we needed to get the job done properly. I am very grateful to him for that.
- Stanley Contractors LLCChris came and gave me a very reasonable quote for all the work. He wanted to get started right away and they showed up as planned. Chris subcontracted out to A-1 Roofing out of NC owned by Terry Heffner. His guys showed up and got right to work. Everything was going great until the workers had to go back to NC to start another job. They would return in 2 weeks once the bamboo we ordered came in. I sent a text message on 8/9/15 to Chris asking for verification that they would be coming the next day but no answer. I then sent an email but no response. The next morning I have an email from Chris stating he has lost his Contractors license in the state of VA so he will no longer be working on my house; Terry will be coming to finish the job. Chris told me my flooring was at Home Depot and gave me Terry's number so I could confirm he was indeed coming back. I called. I sent text messages. I called again. No answer. I finally called from my work, at my husband's suggestion, and the next day Terry called me back. He was pretty shocked when I told him who I was and that I assumed he was not coming back to finish the job. He went on a rant about how he never leaves a contract unfinished but my contract was with Chris not him and it would not be worth his time to send his guys up here to finish the job. I figured as much but was absolutely astounded at how much he tried to justify to himself that he was not negligent in his contract. I asked him to figure out how much it would cost to have his guys come back to VA and finish but he never called back. So, in closing Chris was great until he lost his license and the guys working for A-1 Roofing were great and did a wonderful job. In my opinion, Terry is the problem. I didn't expect him to work for free but I did expect him to finish the job. I have since had to find another person to finish the job and it is costing me an extra $1200.00 that I had not planned on spending. It could have been a lot worse and I am thankful to God that it wasn't but it sure was disappointing. The tub was only roughed in, they left tile undone, the bamboo was not laid, the drywall was not finished, the trim work was not done, and there was a hole in my closet where they had to move a wall but didn't put anything up. I rated mostly A's and B's due to when it was working, it was working great it just did a total flop at the end. Overall I would say it started A then ended C
Contractors in Monroe
- Business Description:The Best Quality & Craftsmanship GuaranteedRecent Review:When I called to schedule an inspection, the original date was about a week out. When they became aware that we had a current leak, they adjusted schedules to arrive the next day. The inspection and recommendations were very thorough and professional. Although we decided to not proceed with All Phase Roofing for this project, we would highly recommend them if you are in need of any roof workKevin D.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:I prefer smaller jobs that a person may not feel comfortable doing themselves but a contractor would not feel it was worth the effort to take on.Recent Review:We have used Ryan's services at least 3 times now, and he is always professional, on time, and thorough. He does good work, and makes sure he does it correctly. He has become our go-to handyman!Kathy M.
- Business Description:Im Jake Livengood and I would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce our company Livengood Electrical llc so that you may consider our company for your electrical needs. Livengood electrical llc is a New small business, electrical contractor based right outside of Charlottesville Virginia, while serving Charlottesville and surrounding countys. Our services include wiring for new construction, Add ons, Remodels, Custom Houses, Additions and trouble shooting. Our company is committe..Recent Review:Jake and crew came out (over an hour drive one way) to correctly install a couple of out door outlets. Prompt and friendly. We will be using them again on a few other upcoming projects in the future. Thanks again for your expertiseJoshua L.
- Business Description:I am the owner/operator of an independently-owned construction company. I would be willing to sub-contract carpentry work in new home construction or remodeling. Upon acceptance, (contract signed by both parties) 20% down payment, and progress payments when 25%,50%,75%,100% of work satisfactorily completed. Any changes by homeowner from original bid will require a "Change Order" to adjust costs
- Business Description:Locally owned, owner operated woodworking/remodeling company. Accepts Visa MasterCard Local checks for payment.
- Business Description:Lee Builders is a General Contracting Company servicing Lynchburg, VA and surrounding counties.
- Business Description:I am a small business owner that specializes in residential home maintenance and repairs. I started off as a painting contractor in 1995, and added various home improvement services as my skill and knowledge increasedRecent Review:The price structure was very good. He was responsive showed up when he said he would. He was able to manage the workload and cleaned up after himself.Richard J.
- Business Description:We are a small business that takes pride in our work from the smallest job to the biggest we treat all jobs with the same quility and respect that they deserve.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Monroe
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- All-Phase Roofing & ConstructionPO Box 11604
- All-Phase Roofing & Construction
- C Taylor Inc. (DBA: Taylor's Home Improvement)32 Little Acre Lane
Natural Bridge Station, Virginia
- Cheatham General Contractor8855 Red House Rd
- Commonwealth Construction & Restorations3408 Ivylink Place
- Countywide Home Repair & Maintenance150 Hidden Meadow Lane
- Cowboys Custom Vinyl246 Clearwood Dr
- Creative Concepts LLCPO Box 1511
King George, Virginia
- C Taylor Inc. (DBA: Taylor's Home Improvement)
- Derek Lewis Lee, Inc. t/a Lee Builders234 Brian Drive
- Derek Lewis Lee, Inc. t/a Lee Builders
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Kennedy Flooring & ConstructionPO Box 1760
- Kennedy Flooring & Construction
- Quality Assembly Solutionspo box 70192
- Quality Assembly Solutions
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Sharky's Pest Control3685 Glenland Rd.
- Spence Contracting & Remodeling, Inc.1485 Waterlick Road
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Wayne's Home Improvments524 Thistle Rd
- Wayne's Home Improvments