Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Lake City, SC
There are 7 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Lake City
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCMr. Joel and Mrs. Peggy were very accommodating. My project needed to be done quickly because my family had to get out of the house and Carolina Mold Solutions quickly responded with an estimate and to do the work. Also, Stephen updated me with pictures and text of the project which was reassuring. I would recommend their service to anyone with mold issues or for a crawlspace encapsulation
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCJoel and his team were prompt, polite and very knowledgeable. They were the best price in town and had great reviews. The work was done quickly and is high quality. I no longer have to wear coveralls to go into my crawlspace; super clean! I have also noticed an improvement in the air quality inside the home. Thank you
- Apex Home Innovations, LLC.Everything was great!!! Did fantastic work, very professional, cleaned up after themselves, and made me confident in small businesses again! Couldn't be happier with the attic work or solar system. With incentives, my solar will pay for itself in less than 5 years! Thanks for a great all around experience from start to finish.
- Iley B Virtual Home DesignT Fox and his worker, Johnny are professionals in every sense of the word. They are meticulous in everything they do. T makes sure that everything is perfect. For example, he painted my wall over the fireplace. The next day he saw some imperfection and fixed it, having to paint it again. He was this way with everything he did. I am so happy that I found him on Angie's list. He has been everything I had hoped. I am a widow and have to trust my judgement on hiring people. this is the first time I have undertaken anything like this to this degree of work. I have not been disappointed at all. I already am planning on other jobs I will be hiring T's Construction to do in the next year. I have already recommended him to other friends. He has already done work for one and will be going back there in the new year to redo her kitchen. I would never worry about recommending him to anyone
Basement Waterproofers in Lake City
- Business Description:Here at Best Breathing we offer top of the line customer service, and workmanship.Our motto is you don't pay until its ok! All techs, and inspectors are certified in mold inspections, as well as remediation.With over 15 years experience, let the rest speak for its self! Mold remediation Mold inspections Air quality Testing Crawlspace Encapsulation Dehumidifcation Sump pumps French drains Insulation Air duct cleaning Ozone treatments Air TreatmentsRecent Review:**Caveat emptor**. If you choose to do business with Mr. Clark, be certain to get absolutely everything he says IN WRITING! And make sure you are crystal clear about what you are getting for what you are paying. He charges a king's ransom for his work and will not acknowledge HIS MISTAKESV W.
- Business Description:Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experie..Recent Review:Great if great isn’t good enough then don’t ask me to answer the questionDaniel Z.
- Business Description:Cantey Foundation Specialists is a trusted foundation repair company providing residential foundation repair, crawl space repair, wood rot replacement, and concrete slab leveling throughout South Carolina and Augusta, Georgia area. Our focus is to provide homeowners with permanent, affordable solutions for their damaged foundation. As a locally owned and operated company, we give our clients the personalized service they deserve when it comes to maintaining a secure foundation and a safe homeRecent Review:Interestingly, I had a very similar experience to another reviewer who had a quote done by a Canty salesperson. Let me just preempt that I don't go out of my way to write a negative review. It really has to be something where I morally feel I need to warn others on "Buyer Beware". This is exactly that type of review. And to be clear, the other negative review was read for the first time 2 days after my appointment. I do not jump on bandwagons. This is my actual experience. Like the other reviewer, the "saleperson", a friendly, energetic, good-looking, well-dressed young fellow came out and did a measurement of the perimeter. He went under into the crawl space but was there for 30ish minutes. This pales in comparison to other (literally 4 foundation companies) who went under and spent quality time inspecting 23 piers. When the salesperson emerged from the crawlspace, it was "Whew! That is really bad!! Your house won't stay up for another 2 years!!". This is a 1930s house that has dry-stacked piers - hasn't moved yet! But let's put that aside. He proceeded to tell me that I need to replace ALL 23 piers at $900.00 per pier, a $20,700 quote!! Here's the kicker: Remember I had several companies in already to look at my foundation. Not one company said I need to replace ALL piers. Instead they each gave very realistic view of my foundation. I had one huge competitor who was in my crawlspace for 3 hours and he gave an in-depth write-up along with a diagram of where my piers sat and his recommendations along with optional recommendations. An 8 page write up and he wasn't close to being the highest quote. But not Canty! Canty does not give your an analysis of your existing foundation. Canty does NOT offer solutions. THEY DO NOT REPAIR!! They only replace! He did not go over issues individually because it did not matter to him. He was going for the full replacement based upon his "warranty". More on that in a sec. Had I known, I would have never made an appointment with them which I waited over 3 weeks for. How absolutely greedy can you be? My other 4 companies all averaged between $6K-$10K. This salesperson's excuse? "Well we warranty it so we have to do them all". No dear, you warranty the product not the items you do not do. Your logic and the rebuttal you have been fed to serve to customers does not apply to an educated researched person. Lastly, they use a jack-system but only warranty it for 25 years. Huh? 25 years? They say its the manufacturer's warranty but Canty does not warranty at all. I would hope my house stays up for another 25, 50, 100+, years but you saying on the 26 year, I may be looking at another $20,000 estimate from Canty because you can't guarantee the quality of your product? This is not a car. This is a house! No thank you! You clearly don't stand behind your product. You clearly don't do what is in the best interest of the customer. And you will never have my business! If this review helps one household to look at their full scope options, research and educate yourself on what is the real issues with your foundation and then make the best decision (whether its Canty or not), this review has done its job. Please do your researchDana A.
- Business Description:At Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair, we're obsessed with customer service and our mission: to give every Carolinian a strong foundation. For 15 years, Falcone Crawl Space, a family-owned company, has served Carolinians with award-winning structural repair. Contact Falcone for foundation repair, like rotted beam replacement and helical pier installation; Falcone also offers prevention services including drainage solutions, vapor barriers and PumpSpy Sump Pump Monitoring. Fred Falcone is..Recent Review:They are very professional and honest! We had water intrusion into basement from wall during recent heavy rain storm. I contacted Falcone (they were on recommended service provider list of our subdivision) and Sharese got back to me very quickly. Communication was very smooth and professional as she scheduled me for an inspection. The technician Walter was friendly and did a professional inspection, after which he determined that the issue is the gutters dumping water on the ground by the basement. He didn't recommend any work be done in the basement. I truly appreciated his professionalism and honesty. If I ever have issues with the basement, I will call Falcone in a heartbeat! Thank youmari m.
- Business Description:Carolina Energy Conservation is a local family owned and operated company. The company was founded under the principle to provide the residents of the Grand Strand community (and beyond) with a reliable and trustworthy company aimed at helping to reduce energy consumption as well as reducing the community’s utility bills. With our office located directly in the myrtle beach area we have been a leader in the energy improvement market since our inception in 2009Recent Review:Very well, Very neat, personable, and efficient. Very pleasedDoug R.
- Business Description:Carolina Mold Solutions provides mold prevention, remediation, and testing services for residential and commercial clients in the Carolinas. With 30 years experience working with customers, owner Joel Few is personally committed to making sure that every job is done right. Moisture management is the key to preventing mold growth. Whether humidity mitigation is causing indoor issues, or direct moisture intrusion has caused unseen mold growth, we have the experience and resources to break down ..Recent Review:Excellent job. Started the job promptly and continued till the job it was completely 100% done. Very professional. These guys know what to do and get it done. I would highly recommend them.James G.
- Business Description:Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!Recent Review:Great work, provided a much appreciated 3d rendering to help choose the color for our new roof! Would highly recommend and will definitely hire again.Josh S.
- Business Description:Energy One America is proud to be the number one company in spray foam insulation, crawl space renovations and mold prevention on the East Coast. Our values and commitment are to products that ensure improved and increased efficiency in heating and cooling in residential and commercials buildings, as well as those that protect structures from adverse elements such as mold and moisture. Application of Energy One America spray foam insulation indicates that our customer has made the integrity a..Recent Review:They provided a very good, professional estimate .Thomas N.
- Business Description:When pests or termites move in, you want the ultimate weapon to take them out: Terminix, America’s leading provider of termite and pest control. It's no wonder more than 2.7 million customers trust us to protect their homes and families from the havoc that unwanted intruders can create. You can look to us for a wide range of services to protect your home top to bottom, inside and out: Insulation Service, Moisture Control Solutions, Rodent and Wildlife Service and more. We can even help you wi..Recent Review:No problems at all and I've been using them for years.David T.
- Business Description:Foundation Builders LLC specializes in the installation of Basement Egress Windows and Outside Basement Entries for the Northern Kentucky, Greater Cincinnati, & Dayton areas. The owner, Mike Hancock, has over 45 years of experience in the home building and has built nearly 700 homes. Foundation Builders was formed and has evolved into a company that is passionate about helping homeowners who are in need of these two specialty services. Residential customers can make changes and solve problems..Recent Review:I hired Foundation Builders to install a basement egress window for a rental house because I had met with Mike from F.B. and he seemed like a decent and knowledgeable guy, and I liked the no mess concept. I had no idea that it would be a 9 month nightmare. My nightmare began with filing for a building permit with the City of Cincinnati, which is nearly impossible. Much of the needed information required construction knowledge that I didn't have - that's why I was hiring a professional for the job. At first, Mike angrily told me that he knew he should never have come down to Cincinnati for a job because he'd had problems there in the past (why did you then?). Later, Mike promised that I didn't need to do anything else, because they would get the permit. But when months went by with no communication from him, I continued on with the permit process myself. These are a few of things I had to teach myself how to do: submit digital drawings via the required computer program, write a legal covenant, submit it to the City Legal Department for approval, have it notarized and then filed with the county, and then write a RLS and submit it to the City. And I had to do all of this while working as a full-time RN during a global pandemic - fun. But after countless frustrating hours and no contact from F.B. , I got that dang building permit! But that was just the beginning. The first day the crew came late and they tracked dirt through the foyer, down the stairs and in the basement hallway. They didn't sweep up all of the construction debris and the entire room was covered in construction dust. When I sent pictures to Mike, he disputed that his crew had left a mess because he's never had a complaint in 30 years. He insinuated that I was lying and that it was our fault anyway. He said he would notify us when they'd be back so we could better prepare. But again, with no notice, the crew showed up a month later. I had no idea they were there until I received photos from my tenant showing sludge that had dripped down the walls onto the carpet and a camera backpack case. The crew did clean up and when I informed Mike, he said the system failed because the wall was too thick but that he'd replace the $100 backpack because "we need to get something right"! I later found out that he only paid the tenant $25. Two weeks later, I received a call from Mike telling me that the window was finished (again with no notification that the crew had been on site). Given all the missteps, I thought he might actually reduce the price but, incredibly, he tried to charge me $500 more because the wall was thicker than he had anticipated! I was disappointed with two parts of the finished job. Despite the contract stating that excavation dirt would be left in a pile, it was actually all smashed down on top of the lawn, not just around the window but in a much larger area. And the interior drywall and caulking job was sloppy at best. I sent pictures of everything to Mike. At first he replied that the dirt was done that way to drain water away from the wall and something about having to install a taller well than expected. OK, seems reasonable. But then the next AM, Mike texted that he woke up with a feeling that something wasn't right with our job so he looked closer at the pictures and saw how sloppy the drywall looked. He said he'd stop by to look at it and make arrangements to get it corrected. A week later he texted that he went to look and there was nothing wrong with it. Hopefully, my egress nightmare is over. I don't know why this job seemed cursed from the beginning or why I'm the "only customer to complain in 30 years". I'm sure Foundation Builder's has done many fine jobs but I can assure you, mine was not one of them. I'm sorry to say that for me, instead of "No Mess Egress", it was 9 months of "Stress and Big Mess Egress"Lisa G.
Deals in Lake City for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- New Zion
- Brittons Neck
waterproofing contractors in Lake City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Best Breathing521 Bonnie Bay Rd
Loris, South Carolina
- Best Breathing
- Energy One America454 Jessen Ln
Charleston, South Carolina
- Energy One America
- Grand Strand Moisture Solutions970 Knotty Branch Rd
Conway, South Carolina
- Grand Strand Moisture Solutions
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Mount Valley Foundation Services1850 Ashley River Rd
Charleston, South Carolina
- Mount Valley Foundation Services
- PF&P Construction998 Guion Dr
Lugoff, South Carolina
- PF&P Construction
- quality home improvements510 williams st
Lake City, South Carolina
- quality home improvements
- Ultimate Contractors1088 Kentwood dr
Sumter, South Carolina
- Ultimate Contractors