Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Irmo, SC
There are 10 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Irmo
- Southeast Plumbing & Gas, LLCMy family came home Friday night to discover that our septic tank was backing up into our showers. We called every septic tank draining company in the area and we either got voicemail (they were closed), or they didn't come out as far as my house. The earliest I could get someone to commit to was Tuesday (remember, it was a Friday night). I had already called two of the companies Angi recommended. Southeast Plumbing and Gas was the third. Even though septic draining is not normally one of the jobs that this company does, they agreed to come out and save the day for us (in the middle of the night!!). Bryan, the owner, not only drained our tank, but he also repaired and redesigned our septic line for better flow and installed a clean out valve. We are in a better position now than we were when we bought the house
- Southeast Plumbing & Gas, LLCI submitted a request for a quote from 3 different places. Brian called me about 5 minutes after. It was a Saturday around 7pm. I explained the problem to him and he told me he could come as soon as he finished a call he was going to. Even though it was late he still came and figured out the issue! He was very polite and respectful. Very fair pricing. I completely recommend using him for any plumbing needs
- Southeast Plumbing & Gas, LLCHe repaired everything and even went beyond what many plumbers would do to prevent future problems. I really appreciate his great attitude and professionalism. I would highly recommend Bryan Hollis to everyone.
- Southeast Plumbing & Gas, LLCI would love to shout out to Mr. Bryan Hollis at Southeast Septic Systems. Mr. Hollis has been in the plumbing/septic business for 23 years. He has built his own septic pump system and is still in the process of making improvements. When I called him he had planned to come that evening but had some unforeseen circumstances to arise. So we made an apt for the following night. He came that night and inspected our septic problem and told us it needed to be pumped. So he started the process. He stayed there to 10.30pm and made sure the septic tank was properly pumped. He also told us some tricks to keeping it in good running condition. He charged us for a third of the price other companies have quoted. He had my problem taken care of in only 2 days. No other companies work that quick. Also the passion he has for his customers is amazing. He truly care for them and gives them the best service possible. I definitely will refer him to all my friends! Great job Bryan! His phone number is 803-767-1191.�
- Southeast Plumbing & Gas, LLCThis company is great, Bryan, the owner, came out on Easter Sunday to make sure I did not have a problem with my septic system and did not charge me an exorbitant rate. Try cares about doing a professional job that is completed to your satisfaction. Outstanding customer service. Bryan is a knowledgeable Master Plumber with decades of experience. You truly cannot go wrong with this professional. Goes above and beyond what you would expect
- Jesse's Well and Pump RepairJesse answered the phone early on a Monday morning courteously and professionally. I was scheduled for a same day quote. Jesse called back after I scheduled to say he'd moved his schedule around to have people out earlier than planned. We are a large family and had no running water, he went above and beyond. His team arrived, diagnosed and repaired the well-pump in an hour
- Southeast Plumbing & Gas, LLCBrian went above and beyond what I could expect in a plumbing service . He came after hours and was friendly , knowledgeable and very fair in the pricing .. Also he wore a mask that is so important with covid right now .. Definitely would use them again
- Complete Septic TankNot only did I get a call within minutes of submitting a request for quotes, the work was completed the next day. We are very satisfied with their service, and would definitely use them again. Very kind and professional. Absolute best customer service I have experienced in a very long time.
- CE Taylor & Son IncExcellent! CE Taylor was able to come out in a couple of hours for an emergency to pump our septic. Nelson and Basil were super nice and helpful! Will call them again.
- Apple ServicesI have used this company twice in one month. Both times they were late by 2 to over 3 hours. They pumped my septic tanks, first one at a rental and next at my personal home. They falsely said I agreed to pay $50.00 more for my personal home. The manager said they had me on record agreeing to the increase. When I told him that wasn't true and if he would play it back with me agreeing to that, I would pay it. He then started making excuses. I would not trust this business I personally have never written a bad review before. This is my first. Several hours after posting this 1 star review to Google, the owner called me. He apologized for his employees and assured me that I did nothing wrong. He acknowledged there were mistakes made by his employees. He wanted to know what he could do to retain my business. I told him I appreciated him calling, but right now there was nothing he could do. After his continual insistence on how he could retain my business, I asked him for his suggestion. It became obvious that the only way that he would be happy is if I took down my review. At that time he said he would tear up my check and he would send me a picture of it voided. He failed to do this and instead he chose to post an untruthful response on Google. I thought he was trying to retain my business, but as he talked on, it became apparent that he was only interested in removing the bad review. To me it’s more important to have an accurate review. It would not be honest to give his company a good review, just to get a refund. It would be more important to me to give others a heads up of the obvious lack of customer service and honesty in this company. What has been said here is completely accurate. I in no way threatened or bribed him. I have nothing to gain in doing such a thing. As to this being my first review, that is a truthful statement. My wife and I share this email address and the other reviews belong to her
Septic Tank Companies in Irmo
- Business Description:Our small family business offers same day service for septic tank cleaning and pump out. We are the second generation of septic tank service technicians that offer septic cleaning, repair and drain line replacement, as well as new system installation. We also provide water well repair and installationRecent Review:Not only did I get a call within minutes of submitting a request for quotes, the work was completed the next day. We are very satisfied with their service, and would definitely use them again. Very kind and professional. Absolute best customer service I have experienced in a very long timeTheresa R.
- Business Description:C.E. Taylor and Son, Inc. provides quality septic tank repairs, installations and maintenance services. Our professionals have the knowledge and experience needed to implement the best solution. Along with a great staff, quality products and current techniques, our results are second to none!Recent Review:Home was completely blocked and would not drain. When I called i told the lady that part of the tank may be under an addition to mobile home, possibly the porch. Was told that if I could get under and dig it out then their guy could. If I couldn't then he couldn't. I got under the addition and dug up the line and located the tank and about 18 inches in was the inlet top and I uncovered the entire cap. Also I had cleared the outlet cap that was outside and easily accessible. They arrived around 3:30 PM and decided they were going to pump out on the outlet end since it was easily accessible. To the best of my knowledge the tank had not been pumped for a long time. They said there was a lot of grease in the tank. The last company I used at a different location took a long rod and broke up the grease and cleaned it out. They did not. They didn't try in any way to break it up. They told me there was still large chunks of grease in the tank after I had paid them and they were getting ready to leave. I had called the office while they were pumping the tank because I felt that since I had uncovered the inlet cap they should attempt to pump that end seeing how the home was not draining to the tank. They finally got under the edge of the addition and ??attempted?? to break the seal and lift the cap then said that's all they can do. I also called back after he told me about the large chunks of grease that they left in the tank to get them to come back and pump out but I was told there would be an additional charge to come back and they pumped septic water not grease. I have ever in my 65 years been told that from a septic company. They also left and did not even cover the tank back up. I was told their charges were for locating, uncovering, "cleaning", and covering back the tank. I paid their fee and I had to locate the tank. I uncovered it and now I have to cover it back up and they still haven't cleaned out my tank. I will be filing a formal complaint with the Better business bureau in Columbia. I only wish I had hired Sharpes that was lower and would have done the job right. The lady was so nice on the phone, so I went with C E Taylor. She wasn't nice when I complained. She said maybe I should just put in a new tank and drain field which would cost thousands. All I wanted was the job to be done rightEugene R.
- Business Description:We offer 10% OFF LABOR COST for a limited time! Southeast Plumbing & Gas, LLC is an industry leading commercial and residential plumbing and gas service and installation mechanical contractor in South Carolina with over 35 years experience in the industry and 20 plus years of Licensed Master Plumbers. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured to help you with all of your plumbing and gas needsRecent Review:My family came home Friday night to discover that our septic tank was backing up into our showers. We called every septic tank draining company in the area and we either got voicemail (they were closed), or they didn't come out as far as my house. The earliest I could get someone to commit to was Tuesday (remember, it was a Friday night). I had already called two of the companies Angi recommended. Southeast Plumbing and Gas was the third. Even though septic draining is not normally one of the jobs that this company does, they agreed to come out and save the day for us (in the middle of the night!!). Bryan, the owner, not only drained our tank, but he also repaired and redesigned our septic line for better flow and installed a clean out valve. We are in a better position now than we were when we bought the houseJerremy W.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Webster Plumbing & Gas of Columbia, SC is your complete plumbing & gas company. We can handle all your plumbing repairs and service needs. Of course we are licensed, bonded and insured. And we offer free estimates and service commercial and residential clients. Webster Plumbing & Gas, family-owned since 1991,offers a full range of plumbing services to residential and commercial customers throughout the greater Columbia. With a legacy of providing superior service to ..Recent Review:Great job! very neat and professional. Would hire again and again! We converted from electric stove to gas so they needed to install new gas line. Also performed repairs on some old pipes that were replaced perfectlyJoseph K.
- Business Description:ALL OF OUR TECHNICIANS ARE CERTIFIED MASTER PLUMBERS OR NATE CERTIFIED HVAC SPECIALISTS!!! Cottrell & Co., Inc. Plumbing, Heating and Air is a full service residential and commercial plumbing, heating and air company that has proudly served the Columbia and Lexington areas since 1995. We have enjoyed building a reputation of excellence through quality parts, expert employees and maintaining high standards of workmanship. We pride ourselves in communication with our customers by listening, off..Recent Review:I can’t express enough how much I appreciate the services from Josh, Micah, and Andrew. The customer service went above and beyond. Josh always responds quickly and is always available. Micah was so accommodating and brought a portable AC unit to keep me comfortable until we were able to order a part. She even made sure my puppy had water available in the room with her. Andrew did a wonderful job replacing my blower motor. Thank you so much for the professionalism, knowledge, and most of all; truly caring about your customersSarah A.
- Business Description:Roto-Rooter offers commercial and residential plumbing services. From emergency plumbing to drain cleaning, sewer cleaning to pipe work, Roto-Rooter can help you with any plumbing problem. Roto-Rooter plumbers are licensed and insured and handle everything from water lines to toilet and shower problems. No plumbing job is too big or too small for our experienced and professional plumbers. Schedule an appointment by phone or online, we'll come when it's convenient for youRecent Review:They claim to be available 24/7 for emergency calls. I had an emergency and called at 10pm. The phone service said they were texting the on call technician, and I'd hear back in a few minutes. No one called me back until 10am the next day. 12 hours for emergency response is unacceptable when I have a leak that needs immediate attention, and your business claims to always answer calls and respond after hoursKaren E.
- Business Description:A local, family owned and operated company proudly serving our neighbors here in Columbia, South Carolina since 2006. Our extensive experience working with plumbing and drains goes back 27 years. It is this experience and knowledge that has helped Plumb Time emerge as a one of the favored Master Plumbers in Columbia, South CarolinaRecent Review:It went well but I thought it was a little pricey as are most plumbersClarence B.
- Business Description:D-CO has been going strong for many years. Having construction done on your home or office does not have to be stressful. The next time you have a project call D-CO, we have the tools and the experience to get the done right. We happily service Hartsville, SC and many surrounding areas. Our services include but not limited too roof repair, electrical repair, and plumbing repair. Check out our website at http://D-CO-sc.coRecent Review:Even though he was VERY VERY busy at the time, he was able to talk my husband through what needed to be done to get our toilets flushing, and it worked PERFECTLY!!! I would DEFINITELY use him whithout a doubt.Angela S.
- Business Description:We are a small company, two trucks, and three workers. We install tanks, field lines, and pump stations. We pump and service tanks in Columbia and the surrounding areas.Recent Review:I've used them more than twice. They did great, they were on time and gave a reasonable price. I would highly recommend them.Rhenda T.
- Business Description:Plumb Pro offers a full range of plumbing installation and repairs. We are fully licensed and insured. Warranty on every service performed and a free plumbing inspection with every service.Recent Review:He set up a time to come for an estimate and did not show. He did apologize when I called him the next day.Tim K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- West Columbia
septic tank services in Irmo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Brigman Septic Tank Service335 Alvin Hipp Rd
Newberry, South Carolina
- Brigman Septic Tank Service
- Hammond and Sons Plumbing Solutions844 Gardendale Dr
Columbia, South Carolina
- Hammond and Sons Plumbing Solutions
- Livingston/Varn Septic ServiceP.O. Box 802
Whiterock, South Carolina
- Livingston/Varn Septic Service
- THAT'S SMART PLUMBING & GAS CO.144 MARLIN DRIVE
Ridgeway, South Carolina
- THAT'S SMART PLUMBING & GAS CO.