Few things are more frustrating than a malfunctioning AC unit on a hot day. Here are nine AC troubleshooting tips to get the cool air flowing again.
Get matched with top home builders in Portsmouth, OH
There are 3 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Portsmouth
- MSA ContractingThese guys are awesome!! They are excellent craftsmen and I love everything they have done. Not only that but they are very trustworthy and honest. Fun to be around and go out of their way to be helpful! I highly recommend them and will be hiring them do more work in the near future. I will be posting pictures soon
- TRI-CITIES PAVING & CONTRACTI highly recomment Tri-Cities Paving! They arrived on time. Did the job professionally. Left no mess. Was courteous and knowledgeable, and listened to how WE wanted the projected to look afterwards. We are delighted with the finished job as it is better than we even imagined it could be, and so I can highly recommend Tri-Cities Paving for your paving/sealing needs. A+ company in profesionalism, integrity and quality of work. Thank you, Tri-Cities Paving for being a contractor that people can feel safe in hiring. Rhod
- Swim Brothers PaintingSpeedy work and excellent craftsmanship. Their workers are perfectionist from trim work to painting!
- RIVER CITIES BUILDERSRiver Cities Builders were extremely knowledgeable, professional, timely and quality/customer service driven. We had no major issues that could not be resolved in a team effort. We were highly pleased with finished outcome.
- Swim Brothers PaintingHe is fantastic! He has his own crew. He employs his own carpenters, electricians, and plumbers. He works with his brothers. They were hard working and professional. They worked day and night. He was personable and honest. He always called if he was going to be late. They are a class act. They redo anything that needs to be redone with no problems. I highly recommend him. He is upfront about pricing and will work with you. He always recommends the best of the best. I will be employing them to work on my basement here in the future
- ALLAN JONES CONSTRUCTIONTied into the existing roof, shingled with matching roofing material, installed outdoor light box and enclosed the ceiling with vinyl. One week job, no fuss no muss.
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLCThe scope of this report covers 5 years plus and approximately $130k in work completed. In addition to the sunroom that is previously mentioned, worked completed includes replacing all windows and associated work, stripping of all carpet to hardwood floors underneath and refinishing, numerous plumbing and wiring problems associated with existing structure. Also included in previous work is plumbing in kitchen and downstairs utility room, wiring in general all over entire house, remodeling of an extra bedroom and converting into a closet and a variety of smaller jobs over this timeframe
- Brian McCoyEmployees were very responsive and they cleaned up well after their work was done I was also able to contact him with questions after they were done and paid. This is very important!
- BILL DOLEN CONSTRUCTIONMr. Dolen and his helpers framed part of our back porch to install screen. He quoted and used treated lumber, fiberglass screen with Screen Tight screening system, lumber and soffit to make a kick panel around the bottom, Screen door and hinges. All of the work was done as promised and to our satisfaction. He found part of the existing wood to be rotted and replaced it, if he charged any extra it wasn't much; I don't remember. The only hitch was that there was about a week he didn't do any work, it may have just been a misunderstanding as he said he was waiting for us to call him to let him know we were done painting what he framed to that point. We didn't know that but it was no big deal
- WOMACK EXCAVATING+The contractor gave me a very fair estimate one evening, which I accepted. He moved in with his crew and equipment at 8:30am the next morning. The equipment fired up and the dump trucks started dumping dirt and construction was under way. The comunnicated with me throughout the project as to what they were doing and as to my satisfaction. The job finished at about 2:30pm with the the lawn filled and leveled, with the grass seed and straw mulch spread. Debris was loaded and hauled off. I am one happy customer. Please NOTE: Another contractor estimate 5-day to do this project and Walmack Excavations did it in 6-hours. I told them what I wanted and they moved in with enough equipment and men to do the job. I don't believe that there could be a better Company in the area. The amount spent as shown above was more that $100.00
House Builders in Portsmouth
- Business Description:Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.Recent Review:They did an awesome job! They did great work in a week. You cant even tell where they had taken the floor out to work underneath, it was put back together perfectly. They fixed the joists and beams under the floor. They went the extra mile to make everything look great at the end. I would highly recommend them.Regina R.
- Business Description:MSA is a licensed and insured company that does top quality work for reasonable prices. We stand behind our work with warranties on all our construction. MSA specializes in New Home Construction, Plumbing, Hardwood Flooring both New Hardwood installation and restoration of Original Hardwood Flooring to beyond it's original beauty, Kitchen and Bath remodeling, Interior Design and Reconstruction, Room Additions, Porches and Decks, Repairing and Remodeling other contractors shoddy work, Roofi..Recent Review:These guys are awesome!! They are excellent craftsmen and I love everything they have done. Not only that but they are very trustworthy and honest. Fun to be around and go out of their way to be helpful! I highly recommend them and will be hiring them do more work in the near future. I will be posting pictures soonJill M.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:<p>Just wanted to drop a line or two and let you all know how impressed we were with both your workmen and their work. In today's society, you just don't find companies that really do a great job, they usually just do enough to "get by".<br /> <br /><br /> <br />At times, without their knowledge, I was home and could hear some of the men talking. Much to my surprise, their language and subject matter were always appropriate. Don't find that much in the labor force today! It spoke volumes to me. When they did speak with us, they were always very kind and informative.<br /> <br /></p> <p>The work that was performed consisted of excavating the dirt to gain access to the footings on both sides of the foundation. On the inside, they had to bust out the concrete floor and hand dig to the footing in order to install their brackets for the "unified lift system". After installing the brackets, they attached special hydraulic equipment to the brackets which drove 3" diameter<br /> <br />pipes down to bedrock. Next, they attached a hydraulic jacking system to each pier location. Using their special vehicle with a unique hydraulic pumping system they attached hydraulic lines to each location and were able to do a controlled lift. From what we understand, your company is one of the only ones that can perform this "unified lift".<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />We were taking pictures daily and emailing them out to family and friends who could not believe their eyes! They started out making our basement look like a bomb went off and when they were done it was swept and looking very nice!<br /> <br /><br /> <br />All this to say that the work done was absolutely astonishing! We will highly recommend EHM to everyone that we hear may need this type of work completed.<br /> <br /><br /> <br />Thanks so much again. We were dreading having this work completed, but you all made it so much nicer by your<br /> <br />expertise, kindness, and professionalism.</p> <p>Mike and Cheryl <br /> <br /></p> <br /Mike H.
- Business Description:we are licensed for heating cooling electric, plumbing. you can schedule a service call on our web site www.nowservicepros.com and save 10.00 our service call is 49.50. we do service in ashland ky, ironton oh, huntington wv, charleston wv, hurricane wv, morehead ky, lexington ky. we do repairs and servicRecent Review:Owner responded very quickly and visited the site to give us an estimte... the crew came ready to work about 10 days later and worked from early morning till mid afternoon and completed the job in approx 3 work days...a crew of 5 guys..very courteous and knowledgable of their job...clean up was also completed. <br /sharon s.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:I waited a month before getting a test kit I called and was told there was something wrong with the Angies list orders but that I would be receiving a kit soon. It wouldve ben nice if they called me to tell me that though. The test results were quick and on par with other radon test I had done locallyJonathan V.
- Business Description:Dynabilt Technologies Corp. manufactures and distributes patented modular steel insulated panelized housing and commercial buildings using the Dynabilt insulated load-bearing Smartest Wall™ panels (Patent No. 5,722.198 & 6,044,603), galvanized steel roof trusses, and floors joists
- Business Description:Payment accepted as cash or check
- Business Description:Tri State Enterprise is locally owned and has been servicing the Tri-State area for almost 30 years. We are the most diverse company in our area. Making it a one stop business for all of your home and/or office contracting services. Visit our web page today or give us a call at 606-836-2534Recent Review:It was good. They did a good job. It took a while but I don't think that there was any problem with that. As far as they had other jobs they were doing at the same time, I had no complaints about that.Jerry S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Find home builders in
home builders in Portsmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 24 Hour Fire & Water Restoration LLC1620 Frazer Branch
Greenup, Kentucky 41144
- 24 Hour Fire & Water Restoration LLC
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLC1417 Chestnut St
Kenova, West Virginia 25530
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Gasser Builders Inc2215 Eastern Rd
Rittman, Ohio 44270
- Gasser Builders Inc
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- MSA Contracting4384 Hughes Branch Rd
Huntington, West Virginia 25701
- MSA Contracting
- Reed Construction2022 Misty Ln
Ashland, Kentucky 41102
- Reed Construction