If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Portsmouth, OH
There are 14 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Portsmouth
- TikTok MovingFinally a moving company that got it right. I've moved 4 different locations in the past 11 years and out of all of the moves this has been the only company that moved me without any scratches to my furniture and delivered everything without losing a single item. They did a great job, from the very beginning when I spoke with them on the phone, until I waved good bye to the driver, I am very satisfied
- Dunbar TransferVery well. They charged a rate per hour, but didn't lollygag around. They did a great job and were very responsive to our needs and requests. Would definitely recommend and hire again.
- WATTS Brothers Moving and StorageThis company is outstanding. They sent four men who were very courteous and helpful. Anything I needed help with was done without hesitation. They took very good care of our belongings and were so polite. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing to move.
- SAFE & SOUND MOVING COThey were very professional. Took very good care of all of our belongings! Best moving company I have ever used.
- FIVE STAR TRANSFER & STORAGEThe move went very smooth. They arrived on time and were very professional in the handling of all our furniture. They disassembled the beds and reasssembled them at the final site. No damage occurred to any of the furniture in either move. I would not hesitate to use them again in a local move.
- SCHAEFER MOVING & STORAGETHIS COMPANY WAS THE BEST MOVING COMPANY I'VE EVER DEALT WITH. I HAD CERTAIN TIME LIMITATIONS FOR THE UNLOADING, AND THEY WERE VERY ACCOMMODATING IN SCHEDULING AROUND THEM. THEY WERE VERY RESPONSIVE WHEN I CALLED THEM AND REALLY MADE AN EFFORT TO MEET MY NEEDS. I DECIDED TO MOVE ON VERY SHORT NOTICE, SO I REALLY APPRECIATED THE EXTRA EFFORT THEY PUT IN TO GET IT DONE FOR ME. THEY JUST DID A GREAT JOB
- Armstrong Relocation Co1)the agent greatly miscalculated the amount of van space needed and required a 2nd van to move furniture from a bedroom, sitting room & exercise room...okay,mistakes happen. 2) the 2nd van was packed & ready next morning, but we were then informed it would not arrive until 10 days after the 1st van...one day difference in loading yet 10 days difference in arrival. 3) when I complained that we could not wait an additional 10 days...esp for the bedroom furniture...they said they would get it to us in 3-5 days.4) when the 1st arrived, there were only 2 people on the truck to unload all of it & a local United Van LIne employee to assist for a couple of hours. We had 190 boxes alone, not counting the furniture...and obviously not enough people to properly unload the truck.5) due to the lack of employees, the moving men never assembled the furniture that they had disassembled when packing...dining room tables, coffee tables, lamp tables, lamps. In addition, one bed was assembled backwards...with the headboard clearly marked that it was the BACK of the headboard facing front.6)because of the lack of personnel we were stuck with approx 150 boxes to dispose off at our own expense.7) when I complained, on-line, to United Van Lines - the national company, their response was that they were not involved since this was a local, in-state move and was not a United Van Lines concern since it"derived no benefit from, had no involvement with, noir has any authority over your move with Armstrong Relocation"8) I called United Van Lines on 6/4/2012 and spoke with Heather Pearson. I wanted to know how a move from Louisiana to Ohio is considered an instate, local move...the documents & contracts were all United Van Lines stationary, all the people involved in packing, etc wore United Van Lines shirts and the van was clearly marked United Van Lines. After reviewing more details on the move, Ms. Pearson agreed that this move did come under United Van Lines purview & would follow up on just what happened and get back to me.9) Left voice mail with Ms Pearson on 6/12/2012 requesting update on status of my complaint since I had not heard from her.10) Left voice mail with Ms Pearson on 6/21/2012 wanting to know why I have not heard any response from her and that I found the entire situation to be extremely unprofessional, esp considering this was a national company.11) Today is June 26, 2012...no response from anyone.12) Though there had been damage to some property from the move, I only found out after the fact that I only had 20 days to file a claim...took me more than 20 days to just unpack boxes & reassemble furniture!!!!!13) we are considering filing a claim in small claims court for a partial refund, since the contract was never fully completed. Never been to small claims court, so not sure yet
Movers in Portsmouth
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:We moved to a new house about a month ago, after living in the same place for 7 years. We had a lot of heavy furniture and other items. The movers Kelvin, Ty, and Jaylen did a great job arriving on time, moving everything carefully, and thoughtfully moving around the space to avoid damage. They were kind to our animals and young son, who was very excited and wanted to "help". Thank you Kelvin, Ty, and Jay for your professionalism and excellent serviceDANIELLE L.
- Business Description:Eagle Movers is a full-service moving company dedicated to making sure your upcoming move is smooth and worry-free. Our experienced movers are here to help with every step of the process, including packing, loading, moving, and unpacking. With over 30 years of experience, we’re the expert movers you can trust. Call today to request a quote! Your hometown mover you can count on. We are the best move you can make. We service the continental US. Special Pricing for First Responders, Gold Star..Recent Review:Dennis and his team are the best of the best. He came out to look over the job so we could get an accurate quote. He was very responsive and professional every single time we talked. After going back and forth with multiple companies and getting different quotes, I finally said let’s go with Eagle moving and storage. They are the real deal. We’re gentle and respectful with everything. Didn’t break a single thing after moving 500 miles. Dennis even came to make sure everything was going okay on moving day. I can’t recommend them enough. Save yourself the hassle and go with eagle moving and storage. They will get it right the first time and won’t cancel the day of or change their prices.Josh A.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:These movers worked so hard and efficiently! They really know how to quickly pack up and get things on the road. The price is amazing for how quickly they do the job. Don't expect a lot of communication because of the language barrier, but it all worked out just fine. Thanks very much for getting me into my new homeMichael B.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:All Service Moving was exceptional. Great customer service - easy to schedule and flexible. Royce & Frost did an AMAZING job moving all of our very heavy and fragile belongings. They handled all of our requests and items with care and worked both efficiently and quickly. They were super friendly and very customer service oriented. I can't thank them enough for the GREAT job they did. I highly recommend All Service Moving for anything moving and/or storage related. And DEFINITELY request Royce & Frost to handle your job. Thank YouBrock K.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: email@example.com; Sales Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Accounting: email@example.com; Dispatch Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Operations Manager: email@example.com , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
- Business Description:ADT home security systems are backed by more than 145 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs. We have service centers nationwide that can install an ADT home security system within 24 hours in most areas. Once your home is equipped with our top-of-the-line system, it is connected to a network of ADT Monitoring Centers nationwide which deliver non-..Recent Review:My experience using ADT for a new alarm system was exceptional. Shout out to the service technician who got me all setup and even added an extra door sensor to my package for no additional charge. This kind gesture went a long wayPatrick M.
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Agent for united van lines.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them againJorge S.
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.coRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommenSonia A.
Deals in Portsmouth for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- West Portsmouth
- South Shore
- New Boston
- Franklin Furnace
- South Webster
- Oak Hill
- Coal Grove
moving companies in Portsmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ACCURATE MOVINGPO Box 320 apt.1
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- Ashland Movers532 Old Stage Rd
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- ACCURATE MOVING
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Malo Moving Company 1839 Schrock Rd
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Mohican Moving & Storage Inc1225 Township Road 593 # 1153
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC3883 Business Park Dr
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Malo Moving Company
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics