Outlet placement is an important part of any room’s design. A poor electrical outlet layout can make simple tasks frustrating and less enjoyable. Learn seven essential spots to install outlets in your home, which rooms need GFCi outlets, and more.
Get matched with top Electricians in Dayton, OH
There are 64 highly-rated local electricians.
Recent Electrician Reviews in Dayton
- Logan A/C & Heating ServicesFlawless, clean, and fast work. Very neat job. The experience with the salesman was extremely helpful in deciding the best complete system for our Home. Not necessarily the most expensive system either. You can't go wrong with this Team on your side. PS: No I am not an employee either if that crossed your mind read less
- The Eco Plumbers & DrainsDan and his co-worker did an outstandingly excellent job!!! They were professional, courteous and worked with me on everything. I can't say enough good things about them!!! My faith in eco Plumbers has been restored Thanks to them.
- Logan A/C & Heat ServicesThe team at Logan was great. They were on time, professional, and kept me up to date throughout the day on their progress of replacing my entire unit. Great financing options as well.
- Logan A/C & Heat ServicesExcellent! Completed in one day. Professional technicians. Logan has cared for our HVAC systems for 13 years.
- Logan A/C & Heat ServicesIt went well. They had a small issue with the thermostat connecting but made sure the issue was resolved before they left.
- Logan A/C & Heat Servicesservice guys were very friendly, efficient and careful. They cleaned up after each step, and explained how things worked on a level us over 65 could understand. There was a problem and they came back to check it out. The problem was in a factory part. They fixed it right away so we would be comfortable in warmer weather read less
- Logan A/C & Heat ServicesVery well. My service man was timely, polite and thorough. He also took Covid precautions which I appreciated.
- Logan A/C & Heat ServicesLogan is always so attentive to details and professional in their services. I am especially fond of their efforts to continually educate while servicing
- T and R ServicesHe went over and above to help me resolve my issues. Helped me diagnose and recommended possible solutions. Calling me promptly several times to make sure our issues were fixed. He did all this while tied up with a current customer, which most would not have bothered with us! 5 Star
- Jeff Bonham Electric IncWe wanted a backup generator for our house. For living in an industrialized area (Dayton), we lose power about as often as many 3rd world countries. When the power goes out, we can't get water (we have a water well in B'creek), we can't get heat (even though it's a gas furnace), and hot water (we have a power-vent gas water heater), among the other normal electric things in the house. I had no idea where to start to get this process going. Out of frustration, I simply called Bonham Electric, since they installed Kohler generators (I preferred those over Generac). Jeff Bonham himself, came out to the house in November 2020, checked our house, did a full electric load calculation (I was wanting a whole house generator - 18KW), explained to me what was needed, and advised me on what size generator was needed and also strongly suggested two "load sheds" for the stove and A/C. (These load sheds hold off power to those two components for 5 minutes after the generator kicks in to reduce the initial power load to the generator, allowing it to "catch-up" with everything else before those items turn on - HIGHLY recommended!) I also asked for a new electric panel, since mine had the older "Push-Matic" breakers. They're difficult to find and expensive if you CAN find them when one breaks or you need an additional circuit run in the house. Jeff advised me it would take until May 2021 before they could get the generator installed due to supply issues under COVID. He quoted me a price of $12,400, to include all equipment, the concrete base for the generator, the plumbing changes (gas line run for the generator), all inspections, and the labor. We agreed and paid half the cost up front. May 2021 arrived and I received a call from them about a week before they arrived. The day of the install meant we were without power for the better part of the day (about 5 hours - we fully expected this). Levi and the other guy that was sent with him worked diligently through the whole process. I offered each of them soft drinks or water and even offered to get them lunch since they worked right through lunch! They denied it all and kept at their tasks. The plumbers (NewPath Plumbing) arrived about an hour and a half after the electricians showed up. They did a full gas line calculation to make certain the gas supply to our house would support the generator along with our other gas appliances (Jeff estimated it would since he's done estimations on probably a couple thousand generator installs). After that was done (about 20 minutes) they set right to work installing a flex-line that exited to the outside, about 4' from the generator. This was somewhat of an ingenious solution instead of running large "hard" pipe through our basement from one end to the other. Within minutes, that flex gas line was run through the basement and connected with a shutoff to the house supply line! No joke! They also worked through lunch, and denied my offering of any drinks! By about 3:00PM we had power restored, a new breaker box installed with new breakers, a new transfer switch installed outside, new power lines run into the house from the meter to the breaker box, a new gas-line run to the generator, and the whole reason for this work - a new generator. Levi and his co-worker from Bonham explained the operation of the generator, what was done, how it was connected and asked multiple times through the explanation if I had any questions. He was really thorough, not to mention very polite! The same applied to both NewPath Plumbing techs that were there too! They were ALL courteous, well informed about what was needed, and explained when I asked Q's about the process as they went along. I tried to back off and let them do their work as much as possible. About 10 days or so after the installation, the plumbers came back for the plumbing inspection (which was done "virtually" by phone with the inspector). About a week later the electrical inspection came up and the electrical inspector showed up physically. We passed both inspections with flying colors. While Levi was here for the inspection, I asked him to change the day of the "generator exercise" to a different day, since the original time set interfered with meetings my wife and I typically have, while we work from home. He changed that within a couple minutes and asked if I had any other Q's. Nope. Real live test: DP&L had people trimming trees along the power lines in our back yard and through our neighborhood. About a week later while my wife and I were working in the house and about 1:30PM, the power dropped. I saw my monitors go black and the room light go off. I looked at my wife and said we just lost power. And just about the time I finished that sentence, the generator kicked on and power came back up! Dang, that was sooooo nice. About 10 minutes later, I walked out on our back patio to see what was going on and I heard a loud POP. That was the transfer switch putting us back on line power. The generator continued to run for a few more minutes to cool down and then shut off. Everything worked as advertised and perfectly! I HIGHLY recommend Bonham Electric to install a generator for you. If they're this good for an install like this, I would trust them with all your electric needs. Outstanding work. It's all neat, clean, works perfectly, and their employees are enjoyable to work with read less
Electricians in Dayton
- Business Description:SVE is a residential electrical company in Kettering Ohio and we do all residential electrical needs including Whole home generators, outdoor lighting, indoor lighting, panel upgrades and more....Recent Review:Mikey from Singer Vaughn Electric helped us with Circuit breaker replacement. He was a great guy.William R.
- Business Description:I have been doing low voltage electric for three years now. Including fire alarm, security systems, data, cameras, and more. Able to setup network for businesses, or homes. Also able to do sound systems for home theatres and or speaker systems for businesses. Always thrive for quality and good customer service. Have enough knowledge to do minor electrical read lessRecent Review:He went over and above to help me resolve my issues. Helped me diagnose and recommended possible solutions. Calling me promptly several times to make sure our issues were fixed. He did all this while tied up with a current customer, which most would not have bothered with us! 5 Sta read lessTony S.
- Business Description:Since 1989, Joe Wheeler has been providing safe, reliable and quality services, at a reasonable price. Your go-to electrician for * Recessed lighting * Fuses to Breakers * Ceiling Fans * small jobs * Repairs * Circuits Adde read lessRecent Review:rewiring service to garage plus putting microwave and dishwasher on separate circuitsJames N.
- Business Description:We are a small family owned business based in Wilmington, Ohio. We specializing in all forms of commercial and residential construction and electrical services. We are licensed master electrician OH LIC #48028, we are fully insured and covered by Ohio Workers Compensation. All of our technicians are employees of our company read lessRecent Review:Talked briefly and he did not follow through with contact and our discussion.Gary F.
- Business Description:Benge Electric LLC We have been in business for 30 years. We are a member of the BBB. We do residential and commercial work. We also do residential A/C and furnace replacement and repairs. We are state licensed # 20711 We carry 2 million dollars of liability insurance, and bonded read lessRecent Review:Our go to electrician for over 4 years. Harold and his team are always a pleasure.Jerad K.
- Business Description:Formerly: ABC Dryer Vent Cleaning. Same owner offering more services. Dryer vent Cleaning & Rerouting, Air Duct Cleaning and Handyman Services. Additional charges may apply for steeper roofs, access or heights over 15 Feet, cleaning inside dryer around heating element area, the removal of nests, birds and venting system repairs read lessRecent Review:The gentleman who showed up was very nice & he thoroughly cleaned the dryer duct and even reconnected it & cleaned up the mess. I appreciate all he did and the ideas he gave me to better cover the vent outside to keep birds out read lessNorma B.
- Business Description:Ohio Basement Authority, founded in 2009, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Cincinnati and Columbus. Ohio Basement Authority is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help cust.. read lessRecent Review:Andrew Rothenberger was honest, professional and explained OBA’s encapsulation process thoroughly. He went the extra mile in letting me know that my flooding issue was sewer related and not foundation related. Thanks again Andrew read lessFritz R.
- Business Description:Locally owned and operated in Waynesville, Ohio and serving the surrounding areas, the Chateau Group is a contracting and design firm specializing in residential remodeling, design, renovation, new construction, and light commercial. Our company mission is to be a leader in the construction industry by offering quality services, using quality building materials, employing professional and motivated staff, and understanding clients’ needs to the smallest detail. We’ll treat your home just as w.. read less
- Business Description:Improve Your Home with Confidence We’re so glad you’ve found Improveit Home Remodeling as you research your next remodeling project! At Improveit, we put you, your lifestyle, and your budget at the forefront of a five-star remodeling experience. Here’s how: - Our expert design consultants help you choose exactly the right products, colors, finishes, and fixtures to achieve your design goals. - Flexible home improvement financing options help ensure your project fits as perfectly .. read lessRecent Review:Loved my installers and the finished product! Will certainly let help to sell my home ! The acrylic is sleek and durable, easy to clean and looks like a whole new bathroom! I’d do this again in a heartbeat, great investmen read lessSandra H.
- Business Description:Rooftop Antenna installation to receive 40+ Free HD-Digital TV channels broadcast in the Ciny-Metro area. Guarantee available. Accept credit cards for an additional 3% fee. See website "AntennaCowboy.com" for details read lessRecent Review:Great, friendly, professional, and quick. He really knows what he is doing. Actually fixed another problem on the chimney. Would absolutely recommend him. Thank you so much. Vicki BVicki B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Running electricity to a detached garage or shed brings life to new areas of your home. If you’re building a workspace or a loft, you could even see a return on your investment by making that space livable or useful. This cost guide breaks it all down.
Wondering how much will it cost to replace your light switches? New light fixtures are a practical and easy way to update a room’s features. Find out how much it typically costs to replace a light switch, when to call an electrician, and more.
Find Electricians in
- New Lebanon
- West Milton
- West Carrollton
- Huber Heights
- Tipp City
- Ludlow Falls
- West Alexandria
Electricians in Dayton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & S Heating & Plumbing2136 Belvo Rd
- A E Fickert2908 Springboro Rd W
- A to Z Home Improvements & Handyman Services126 Mound Street
- A to Z Remodeling LLC7313 S Range Line Rd
- A Veteran's Touch219 W Walnut St
Tipp City, Ohio
- A-Abel440 Congress Park Dr
- ABC Services LLC652 Amber Trl
- ACE Contracting4581 Trenton Oxford Rd
- ACORN CONSTRUCTION & REMODELNG4551 Gateway Circle
- ADVANTAGE ELECTRICAL SVC4198 RUSHTON DR
- AF1 Contractors18 Southard Ln
- Affordable Fans - The Fan Doctor9 Gumpas Hill Rd
Pelham, New Hampshire
- Affordable Remodeling615 Franklin Ave.
- Ag-Pro Power Division1660 US-42 NE
- AGEAN BATH & SPA9756 PRINCETON GLENDALE RD
- Airway Construction Co3602 Valley St
- AL'S COMPLETE HEATING & COOLING2504 N Main St
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- ALIEN ELECTRIC INC9554 COUNTRY PATH TRL
- ALL AMERICAN ELECTRIC OF OHIO63 W 2ND ST
- All Aspects1049 S Central Ave
- ALL SEASON ELECTRICP O BOX 41082
- ALL SEASON REMODELING4761 OLD SALEM RD
- All Service Handyman LLC3252 Drew Rd
- ALL SKILL SERVICES5335 Springboro Pike Ste D
- All Spark ElectricP.O. BOX 456
- All Trades Handyman Construction & Remodeling5206 Crystal View Ct
- Alpha Omega Handyman Service1842 Kylemore Dr
- American Dream Contractors Ohio4618 Laurel View Dr
- American Drywall and Remodeling423 E. Home Ave.
- Anderson Construction294 Redbank Dr.
- Andrew's Roofing & General Contracting106 Cliff St
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Andys handyman service 160 SW 15th St
- Antenna Cowboy1687 Clemson cir
- ARC ELECTRICPO BOX 253
- ARCO ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS2735 NEEDMORE RD
- Armada Air Care2601 Circle View Dr
- AROUND TOWN MAINTENANCE INC10984 FREDERICK PIKE
- Atlas Restoration & Remodeling1714 Findlay Rd
- Avery's Remodeling Co.336 n Dixie dr, apt 3
- A & S Heating & Plumbing
- B & D ELECTRIC10547 GREEN APPLE RD
- B P Electric4194 US Rt 42 S
- B&M handyman sarvice804 Horner Chapel Rd
- B. A. T. Electric LLC3160 Ferry Rd
- Back Pocket Fund10530 Lochard Rd
- Bates Electric LLC8590 Cedar Hill Rd
- BCM Construction L.L.C.351 N Sandusky st
- Beacon Landscape Lighting39 Deshler Ln
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
- Bear's Home Improvements LLC2011 Blake Ave
- Beckett's Lighting And Electrical LLC
- BELVEDERE ELECTRIC LTD403 E 3rd St
- Benge Electric LLC
- Bishops Remodeling11322 US-50
- BJ Builders3127 Wolfe Dr
- Blue Ridge Builders604 Schaum Ave.
- Bluestone Controls907 cottonwood rd
- Bond & Sons Construction Services, LLC859 S. Detroit St
- Bradys Contructions & home Improvements1254 McClure St
- Brain Lumber Co409 E St
- Brians electrical service 3 Eisenhower Dr
- BROOKSIDE GARAGE43 N MAIN ST
- Brown's Heating Cooling Plbg414 Brower Rd
- Brunk Electrical6510 Piquad Rd
- Buckeye Electronics1318 E Dorothy Ln
- Burchfield Electric LLC5779 Spartan Hill Ln
- Butcher Construction321 West 12th St
- Butler Remodeling Restoration & Maintenance 1123 Kensington Ln
- B & D ELECTRIC
- C&R COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL SERVICES INC3534 LINDEN AVENUE
- c.a.l.l. construction l.l.c.5095 Waynesville Jamestown Rd
- Cabinets Plus More8854 Darke Montgomery County Line Road
- Calvin Electric LLC4957 Hursch Rd
- CAREY ELECTRIC3925 VANCO LN
- CGC LLC707 E Canal St
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Cincinnati12121 Champion Way
- Chateau Group Construction1664 E State Rt 73
- Choice Comfort Services150 N Dixie Dr
- Chuck's Handyman & Insulation Services LLCPO Box 242
- CINCINNATI HOME IMPROVEMENT COMPANY LLC28 Cincinnati Ave
- Circuits Alive!2408 Pine Knott Dr.
- CJS Heating & Air8070 Washington Village Dr
- CKM Contracting LLC643 Franklin Ave
- Claggett's Fix It All LLC4449 Harbison St
- Clarke Contractors Inc4475 Muhlhauser Rd
- Clover Electric Services LLC319 Galewood Dr
New Carlisle, Ohio
- Collier Electric2820 Southside Drive
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- Cornerstone Home Energy Inc1016 W Nimisila Rd
- Coshocton Electric Inc2137 S 11th St
- Craftsmen Home Improvements2663 S Dixie Dr
- C&R COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL SERVICES INC
- D & A Handyman Service LLCPO Box 60564
- D & E Electric of Ohio LLC48401 Hagmar Ridge Road
- D&D HOME SERVICES LLC121 SPRINGBORO PIKE PMB # 117
- Danco Enterprises Inc6220 Knollwood Rd
- DARRELL'S HOME INSPECTIONS5012 SILVER ARROW DR
- DART PROPERTY IMPROVEMENTS224 N DIAMOND MILL RD
- Dave's Handyman ServicePo box 340841
Beavercreek Township, Ohio
- DAYTON ELECTRICAL JATC3800 SPACE DR
- D & A Handyman Service LLC