Towne Decorators

Founded 1964 • With Angi since January 2009

2891 Guilderland Ave

Schenectady, NY 12306

Step into a world of flooring possibilities at Towne Decorators. Our showroom takes the experience of shopping for floor covering to a whole new level. We feature the latest styles and designs in floor fashions and window treatments. Our experts will work with you to select the perfect floor for

04/29/2021

Nick P.

For many years we debated whether or not to have the carpeted stairs and second-floor hallway in our 1984 home remodeled with hardwood. After finally deciding to forge ahead, it came time to determine who would do the best job. One of the businesses we came upon was Towne Decorators in Rotterdam, NY. They weren't the lowest priced nor were they the highest, but there was something about Dave Tomasek, who came out to do an estimate, that just felt right. He was on time, polite, professional, and listened to what we, the customers, wanted. We decided to go with his family-run operation that had been in business for decades. We visited the store to finalize wood styles and colors and he could not have been more accommodating. A few days prior to the day of installation, Dave dropped off the flooring so it could acclimate to our home's environment. He called to let us know that he was on his way but would be arriving 8 minutes late, asking if that was okay with us. Amazing. Who does that anymore? A few days before the installation, there was a major accident in our area that damaged (and closed) a bridge and caused daily traffic jams. On the day of installation, the installers got tied up in one of the jams and called to say they would be just a few minutes late. Again, who does that? Every person at Towne Decorators is so polite and respectful of the customers' time. As for the installers, we were hoping to have workers show up who had some experience doing this type of work. Instead, we got Larry and Jason (hope I got the names right), two true craftsmen with the hands and eyes of a surgeon! They were respectful of our home and non-intrusive, cleaning up everything as they went along. We could hear them almost agonizing over the minuscule adjustments they had to make in our far-from-perfect floors and stairs. It had been many years since I had seen work of such a high caliber. I can not say enough good about Towne Decorators, their employees, and their workmanship. It is often said that you get what you pay for. In this case we couldn't be happier with what we got. And there were no surprise add-ons in the final bill. Full disclosure; we are not related to or friends with anyone at Towne Decorators nor do we know anyone who is. This is a straight-up, unbiased review. Tired of getting second-rate flooring work? Call these guys. You won't be sorry.

Description of Work
Install hardwood flooring in hallway and new stair treads and risers.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

09/06/2019

Deborah D.

After a leak they were so god. I can not say enough good things. From helping me pick out flooring to a perfect install. Working around our schedule . Price was below many others and the quality was much better. Clean, professional, trustworthy and quick yet meticulous. Everyone loves the floors and Towne even told us how to really get the most life from cleaning to other suggestions. LOVE THEM.

Description of Work
Vinyl plank

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

09/04/2019

Mjke F.

countertops and vinyl flooring . Town was the only company that had their own workers.They arrived on time,worked a full day,were clean,polite and left our home spotless. I have had many projects done over the years but have never had a crew as through as the one from Town Decorators. Use them,you will not be sorry.

Description of Work
vinyl plank

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling

08/28/2019

Marianne D.

They did an excellent job, and I am very happy with the way my room looks now. I may have them do another room next year.

Description of Work
Replaced bedroom rug with wooden floor.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

07/12/2019

Debbie C.

It was wonderful. Workmanship was beautiful and respectful. The floor it self was beautiful. They took their time with me.

Description of Work
Kitchen and dining floor

07/11/2019

David M.

It was good they are very professional and knowledgeable also they are accommodating.

Description of Work
Installation of vinyl plank floors

07/11/2019

Gary D.

They've done work for us for 40 years.. They were fabulous. They are very reliable. Price is very reasonable. I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Installed new carpet in my living room. They put carpets all throughout the house, they even fixed the floor.

Category carpet installation

12/17/2015

Jim L.

Description of Work
Installed carpet

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

01/21/2015

Karen B.

Description of Work
They installed engineered flooring in my living room, dinning area, and entrance area. They came on time worked hard and cleaned up after. I am very happy with flooring and get many compliments.

02/18/2014

Donna F.

Very organized and neat.

Description of Work
Laid vinyl kitchen floor all in a day.

08/14/2012

Bill C.

I've been using Towne Decorators for about 15 to 18 years for doing floors and carpets. It's a family ran operation and they are the kind of people that if I got to step outside or something and they're working in the house I don't worry about it. I don't really care what they charge, I'm just going to write a check and it doesn't bother me in the least. They are trustworthy and they do a good job. They sale a good product and, no, they are not the cheapest in town and I know that for a fact. They're not even close to being the cheapest in town, but when there's a problem give them a call and they'll be there that afternoon. They focus on floor coverings of all types. They're the only ones that touch my floors.

Description of Work
We got a new kitchen floor and the next time will be a new bathroom in about two weeks.

05/22/2011

stan W.

It went very well. Started at 0900 and was done by 100pm

Description of Work
Installed a new floor in our kitchen

01/21/2009

Paul M.

It started with a plan to recarpet living and dining room. Price for carpet these days is so high that hardwood flooring was very little more. They delivered the flooring when promised, several days prior to installation..This is as it should be so the flooring can take on the moisture level of the house. They showed up on the promised day at the promised time...They were very professional, got right to work and substantially finished the job on day one. Next day they showed up again on time, and installed the shoe base, which they had prestained with stain I provided to match woodwork. They also installed new heat registers which I had provided. They even left me with the excess stain.. Cleaned up nicely and were on their way. This is how all home contractors should work...An honest price, punctuality, professional work, nice clean up and good bye. I would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Installed about 350 square feet of 3/4 inch white oak hardwood flooring..Also installed shoe base molding to finish. This was the living and dining room areas.