Whether you're remodeling your kitchen or need your driveway resealed, hiring the right contractor for your home project is crucial. This guide shows you how to find a contractor who'll do the job right, on time, and on budget.
Get matched with top general contractors in Horseheads, NY
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Horseheads
- Lord Glassworks and General ContractingMr. Loweth did **** of a great job. He was very professional, kept me informed of the progress, consulted me whenever decisions needed to be made, provided valuable advice, and carried out the work in the best possible way. Being a fantastic artist in another life, he had a sharp eye for detecting problems and creative ways for solving them. I found him to be extremely hardworking and he had great work ethics. The awesome part of having him do all these things was that he ended up doing far more than he had promised. I wasn't expecting all the things that he did to make my deck and porch look fantastic. In addition, he even fixed things that he saw needed small repairs without me even asking him to fix them at no extra charge. He paid attention to details and aesthetics. His work was of excellent quality. He is easily the best professional I have employed at my house. I highly recommend him. Super guy!!
- Crown Construction IncI've had two projects designed and completed through Crown Construction. I was completely pleased and satisfied each time. The first project was a bathroom rehab. It went so well and came out beautifully. I then hired them to install a new picture window and front door, which is such an improvement to my home inside and out. They took their time exploring possible design aspects for both projects, and together we came up with the final product. They are expert in what they do from beginning to end. Dependable and communicative. On time to arrive when they say, on schedule, and within budget. What more could a customer ask
- Bagley Remodeling & RestorationI called Tim because the electrical circuit breaker to my kitchen suddenly started tripping. After resetting it several times a second breaker also started to trip-out. Tim came out, isolated the circuit, and patiently traced down the cause of the problem. It appears that someone when either building or repairing the house years ago had ran two wires between a joist and the floor so that whenever you walked in the backdoor of the house, you were pinching those wires. After replacing and rerouting the damages wires, Tim rechecked the wiring to insure that the problem was fixed before turning the power back on to those two circuits. Because Tim took the time to double check the repairs.He found that in addition to the damaged wires the two circuits that were tripping had been "tied" into each other. Tim immediately isolated the circuits from each other, preventing another problem from occurring. Thanks Tim!
- Russ AyersHe is excellent. He is a kind of a handyman, does carpentry like remodeling kitchens. He actually put my whole house together and it has been fantastic work. He does decks, hardwood floors; I mean he does everything. He actually built the whole second floor of my house and refinished the whole first floor of my house; he is phenomenal. He helped me with my deck. As far as carpentry and general construction like that, he is a single guy; he is not expensive, but he is damn good. I am not going to find a harder work or more impeccable work whether it is refinishing, hardwood floors, putting in tile, putting in floors, putting in drywall, or painting. I cannot give a better recommendation. I had an excellent experience with him. He is good. I have never had any complaints regarding this guy. He is very honest; when he is my house, I don’t have to worry about him stealing around. I would wholeheartedly recommend this guy to anybody without any reservations. I am going to use him in the future if I need to. His son is working with him now, and he is certainly going to do my bedroom in the next couple of weeks
- Land Shapes Construction CoGreat experience! They were able to complete everything in less than a week. Showed up every morning between seven and seven thirty and sometimes stayed until 9 at night. Amazing knowledgeable crew too. I'm not an easy person to work for. I did a lot of construction and remodeling in my younger days and I went back over the building with a fine tooth comb after they left. Crowns were all correct number of nails were correct. The framing was spot on. The only problem I had was with our local code inspector that wanted to treat the outdoor hand rail as if it were an indoor handrail next to a wall. I had to pull the New York Code to show him that he was wrong not the builder. I'll be calling them again in the Spring for more work
- DRAKE CONSTRUCTIONI was generally quite pleased with them. He was a nice guy and he was very dedicated. He was worried about the quality of his work. He is definitely worth talking to. Somebody recommended him to us. His price was competitive.
- Hopgart Construction LLCExtremely reasonable pricing. Depending on time of contact, may take a little bit of time to connect with Peter but once you do, the service and repair work are excellent.
- PJB Contracting LLCIt went perfectly from start to finish. Quotes were accurate, work was conducted in a timely and considerate fashion. PJB advised on various other home improvement concerns and recommended skilled people who turned out to be excellent (for example, for drywall repair).
- Dave Marion CarpentryDave and his crew did a fantastic job. They were here promptly every morning and went right to work in a very efficient manner. Dave found a few bad places in the plywood and replaced them at no additional cost. They cleaned up the stray shingle pieces and debris around the house before departing every day. We couldn't be happier with the whole experience. We will definitely call on Dave and his crew again
- Ithaca ConstructionMy home, as you can see from this partial list of the projects I am undertaking, needs a lot of TLC. Working with George was a great experience. His estimates were reasonable and reliable; he and his crew were punctual and easy to have around. But its the quality of the workmanship and the attention to detail that really makes this contractor stand out from the crowd. Although I am not an expert; I have high standards, and George got things right the first time. At one point, we had to leave him entirely in charge of the house as one of my work assignments led to the departure of the entire family for a whole month right in the middle of the proceedings, but I felt entirely comfortable leaving things in his care. He went above and beyond the call of duty more than once, and is very generous with his advice, which is invaluable when you have a "fixer upper" to contend with
Last update on July 30, 2020
Contractors in Horseheads
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Always wanted to build your very own chicken coop? Learn how to build a simple, sturdy, and safe chicken coop DIY in this 12-step guide.
Elevate your DIY skills and discover tricks of the carpentry trade by learning how to build stairs while remodeling or adding a deck to your home.
Find general contractors in
- Elmira Heights,
- Big Flats,
- Pine City,
- South Corning,
- Montour Falls,
- Beaver Dams,
- Van Etten,
- Watkins Glen,
- Painted Post,
general contractors in Horseheads
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Dave Marion Carpentry2492 Fry Rd
Aurora, New York 13026
- Dave Marion Carpentry
- Erickson Building & Design9340 County Rd 142
Interlaken, New York 14847
- Erickson Building & Design
- Lord Glassworks and General Contracting427 S Titus Ave
Ithaca, New York 14850
- Lord Glassworks and General Contracting
- ORION REMODELING INC81 Shaffer Rd
Newfield, New York 14867
- ORION REMODELING INC
- Rent An Artisan LLC5096 Dubois Rd
Ithaca, New York 14850
- Rent An Artisan LLC
- SB Construction56 Bert Little Rd
Lowman, New York 14861
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Slavin Construction2366 Corning Rd
Elmira, New York 14903
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- SB Construction
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement245 Flint Ave 101
Corning, New York 14830
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement
- Woodford Bros Inc6500 RT-80
Apulia Station, New York 13020
- Woodford Bros Inc