If you have in-laws or parents who will move in with you in the future and you want to maintain some privacy, adding an in-law suite can be a great option. What’s more, in-law suites can increase your property value.
Get matched with top deck & porch contractors in Horseheads, NY
There are 7 highly-rated local deck & porch contractors.
Recent Decks Porches Reviews in Horseheads
- Ogata SolutionsIt went really well! Good communication and great customer service. Fair pricing. Thanks guys you did a great job :-)
- Crown Construction IncThe design and construction went very well. We were very pleased with the result. Crown Construction has done many projects for us over the years and we are always satisfied with their workmanship.
- A Step Above ConstructionVery well. Anything we requested or changes with plans were addressed. Definitely would hire again. First class work. Stayed within cost estimates
- Norb Miller General ContractorI was impressed that he was so meticulous. His work is excellent. He responded quickly, he stuck to his estimate , and he completed his work quickly. He also did a few extra things without charge.
- Norb Miller General ContractorNorb's crew of three were fast, pleasant, and professional. The quality of work was top-notch, they even built curving steps and railing off the front deck to line up with the front path. The new porch roof went up quickly, with all three plus Norb working on it. Nice tin roof on top. They cleaned up completely after themselves. They haven't yet started on the skylight, but when I realized that I needed to have that replaced, I immediately called Norb. He is honest, gives a good estimate, doesn't creep over it, and he insists that things been done perfectly. (He's looked at a few things around the house and expressed displeasure at the way things were done by a previous contractor.) Norb is also just a really nice person. I will always contact him first when something needs to be done
- DP Roofing & ConstructionDP Roofing is outstanding. Dustin and his team are knowledgeable, competent and reliable. They show up on time and do excellent work. They communicate costs and estimates clearly and in plain language, and they quickly communicate any changes in estimates as soon as they happen. With DP, my projects have stayed on budget, on time and the results speak for themselves. I have relied on DP for projects large and small--from painting and odd job carpentry work, to major structural work on the exterior of my house to roof repairs--and I've been extremely satisfied with everything they have done. These guys are truly professional. I can't recommend them enough
- Taormina EnterprisesTaormina Enterprise employees were quick to respond to my home, took measurements, quoted a price, and completed work. They came back multiple to check on my satisfaction. They are great people who does amazing work.
- Colgan ConstructionIn every case, Brien showed himself to be not just a conscientious and competent workman, but a creative problem-solver. Work on a house built in 1863 is always a challenge since the house has settled over the years, but Brien has proved to be up to the challenge. I would recommend him when you have a knotty problem to solve because he has a real talent for addressing complicated issues. His rates are not cheap, but he's worth the price because his work is always excellent and he seems to be able to figure out a way to solve almost any problem
- Preferred Exteriors and RenovationsThey do excellent work. They are very precise in what they do. All around, out of 10, I would give them 50! EDIT: I gave them $5000 to build a building and we changed our plans. They said they would be out in December, but they never showed. I have been trying to call them to get them to come back out to my home but now they are not responding to my calls
- KEN JOHNSON GENERAL CONTRACTOR LLCWe recently had The Roofman replace the lower half and two porches on our one hundred fifty seven year old farm house, with a new metal roof. You can imagine the surprises that appeared each day of the work. That includes broken rafters to Bats. Mike had, and explained the remedy for every challenging situation that he came across. They were still done in four days. We had the upper section of the roof done ten years ago by another contractor. We were happy with that work until Mike and his crew showed us what superior quality is. The next time we need work done I will go directly to The Roofman of Syracuse. In closing I want to say that the crew was the most polite group of gentleman that I ever contracted with. Jim and Sandy Strehle Genoa, N
Deck Companies in Horseheads
- Business Description:Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc. is Central New York's trusted, full-service basement waterproofing and foundation repair contractor. Fully insured, and equipped to handle any size job for both residential and commercial. Services include basement waterproofing, water control systems - interior and exterior, crawlspace encapsulation and repair, foundation repair, shotcrete, structural analysis and repair, sump pumps, wall crack repair, bowed wall repair & concrete repair...along with concr..Recent Review:The guys, Mark and Travis were awesome. Worked hard, were very friendly and explained everything. They had a 2 hour ride to get here so that cut into their work time, which wasn’t their fault, so they were here longer than expected, but they got it done well. Would have them here again in a heartbeat- though I hope that won’t be necessary 😊martie t.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:We are a local family Owned and Operated business looking to fulfill all our customers needs.Recent Review:TLR contracting & Lawn care did a amazing job on my fence. They were their on time and ready to roll everyday!! Tyler was very understanding and met my expectations to the T. I would recommend TLR contracting and lawn care to anyone. I have gotten alot of complements on my fence already, I absolutely love the job they did. If I need anyother work done i will have themShelby B.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:My recently formed company, Ogata Solutions, was created as an extension of years of remodeling work. In 2016 I undertook three total home remodels, facilitating the subcontractor scheduling, and maintaining vigil while the general contractor was away. Now that I am here in Ithaca I plan to grow my presence in the community by serving clients with best industry practices and safety at the top of mind. My sustainability background and business acumen gained during my master's matriculation in ..Recent Review:It went horrible!! My sister called this “company” to get work done on a railing that was wobbling on a front porch for my 84 yr old mother.. Evan came over to “fix” the railing. What he did was put a block of wood under the bottom portion of the railing and screwed it in the concrete steps. It took him about an hr or so. He charged her $100. I came home from work and noticed the railing was still very wobbly. It was wobbling at the top part of the railing as it was previously. I’m shocked that Evan left it like that. So I fixed the top part of the railing by wedging wood in between the railing and house and screwed it in the house. The railing is very sturdy now. Mom went up and down the stairs really good. She’s very happy with it. All done right? Nope! A couple weeks later, this morning I get a notification on my phone from my camera that there is motion detected on the front porch. I look to see and it was Evan, looking at the bottom of the railing. I came downstairs to talk to him. He said he’s here to put a brace at the bottom of the railing. I said it’s sturdy now, I fixed it. He said I’ll just put a brace here at the bottom, it’ll take just 5 mins. I said there’s no need, it’s fixed and moms happy with it. He said I’m not gonna charge anything, I don’t know what your problem is? I’m like wow?! I said we don’t need anymore work done to it, it’s done. Then proceeded to argue with me. He said I don’t even know who the f.. you are? I got a call from Jolynn to come fix it. Which was not true. I said how are you going to talk to a customer like that? He said your not my customer Jolynn is. I said I live here, she does not!! I said you charged her $100 for this and it’s still wobbly. I could’ve done it better myself. He said then why didn’t you? He said why didn’t you call me not to come over? I said I didn’t know about you at all. You just showed up here this morning. He told me that he was going to call my sister and come back to do the job.!? I said no you’re not!! I live here, do not come back here again! He was arguing with me all the way to his car. He’s very rude, swearing at me, unprofessional, very confrontational, persistent etc. When I first told him I don’t need any work done & I was happy the way it was, he should have been professional and said ok, thankyou and left. I would never recommend him for anything. Very bad customer service. No clue how he has a businessJoan R.
- Business Description:Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are uniquely designed and custom-sized screen porch windows made to fit existing openings without expensive re-framing. They are also ideal for new construction. It’s easy to enclose your outdoor spaces. Versatile, rugged and attractive, they’re also a snap to operate. Open, they let the breeze in, closed they provide protection for rain, snow, wind, dust and the summer sun. Light weight, but heavy duty. Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are constructed of ..Recent Review:It went perfectly. I called and spoke to the office immediately. They came out the next day on a Sunday prepared to give an estimate and complete the job. Everything is done. They performed quality work with quality products, very professional, clean-cut, honest, efficient, fair price. We are very happy and highly recommend themMichele I.
- Business Description:J&R Roofing In business for 8 years If you are looking for a professional give us a call If you are looking for the cheapest contractor out there you have the wrong number YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR Residential and commercial Standing Seam metal roofing AG Panel metal roofing TPO rubber roofing Acrylic latex roof coatings Asphalt shingle roofingRecent Review:He took a look at the roof and did some caulking around the flashing, now waiting for a rainstorm to see if it leaks again, if it does he said he would come back and figure it out. Friendly and knowledgeablekathie B.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:the go to resource in New York for all your roofing needs. Unfortunately the roofing industry is filled with undereducated, uninformed and sometimes downright unscrupulous companies. But here at Lakeside Roofing & Contracting, we enjoy one of the best reputations around. The area’s most seasoned roofing experts, remodelers, and realtors refer our services exclusively. Our reputation ensures that you can trust our company to provide you with the most outstanding service experience ever! We hav..Recent Review:Work progressed well. They had to go get more materials. Job was completed in one dayCynthia I.
- Business Description:We are a Veteran owned, family owned and operated company proudly serving Central New York and the Fingerlakes Region. We thrive on business relationships that become long term, and work mostly on referred customersRecent Review:We paid Matt at Family Ties Contracting over $35,000 to renovate our downstairs apartment in an agreed upon maximum of three months. The problems began early, with delays to the start of our project, but we cut him slack because one of his employees was injured in an accident. Not long after, we began getting bills for extras that 1) were already detailed in the contract and 2) were never signed off on. We were clear with Matt from the beginning that we wanted a space that was up to code, it wasn't till months later that we discovered he never even pulled a building permit - is a big "no no" where we live. Our local inspector did not seem happy about this and, in the process of inspections, we discovered other work that needed to be done to bring the apartment up to code, adding to the cost of our project. The problems continued when Matt began to refuse doing work that was clearly in the contract, from small jobs like installing the kitchen sink, to big ones like adding sheetrock to the ceiling to meet code, which was the first thing listed in our contract. The quality of the work was poor, we ended up having to hire a second electrician to install the correct type of outlet for our washer/dryer and a second plumber to fix a leaky sink which was installed. When the project was "finished" it was a mess (see pictures below). Worst of all, the project wasn't actually completed for 11 months - 8 longer than what was in our contracted, which resulted in the loss of a years worth of rental income. We were *constantly* calling them to come back and fix mistakes over this time, with varying degrees of success. To top it off, the owner apparently began spreading rumors about me and my wife because of the difficulties. I wouldn't have even bothered writing this, until I became aware of that. Overall, a totally unprofessional experience. We have spent over $52,000 so far and we are having to finish up by hiring outside contractors. We feel like we were screwed by Family Ties Contracting. It's not just the money and the poor results, but the stress and frustration made for an overall terrible experienceChad L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful deck company articles
Flagstone gives your outdoor space a gorgeous, rustic feel. Find out the cost of flagstone per square foot or per ton. Our expert cost guide helps you plan your budget for your flagstone project from walkways to patios to walls.
Coming in different sizes, materials, and styles—from French doors to sliding glass—the costs entailed by a patio door replacement vary widely. This guide takes you through the range of options and price points for every kind of patio door.
Find deck & porch contractors in
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Pine City
- Montour Falls
- Beaver Dams
- Van Etten
- Watkins Glen
- Painted Post
deck & porch contractors in Horseheads
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- AAA MacFawn Fire and Flood RestorationPO Box 13205,1583 Central Ave
Albany, New York
- ABG Contracting4 Carriage Cir
Elmira, New York
- Advanced Construction180 Park Station Rd.
Erin, New York
- Affordable Waterproofing LLC8000 Rte 130
Delran, New Jersey
- Alpine Home Improvement Co268 Route 6N
Mahopac, New York
- Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows563 Shoreview Park Rd
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Apgar Construction LLC224 Church St
Breesport, New York
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Avalon Homes950 Danby Rd.
Ithaca, New York
- AAA MacFawn Fire and Flood Restoration
- Bagley Remodeling & Restoration151 Cutler Ave
Corning, New York
- Baltic Iron Doors & Naddour's Ornamental Iron1221 E Warner Ave
Santa Ana, California
- Bap Architectural Svc2142 Marshland Rd
Apalachin, New York
- Big Boyz Contracting5 Portzline Rd
Dryden, New York
- Bulldog BuildingPO Box 608
Windham, New York
- Butlers Contracting1960 State Route 14
Montour Falls, New York
- Bagley Remodeling & Restoration
- C.T. Morrison home repair and general contracting462 Rogers Rd.
Wellsburg, New York
- Calstro Contracting811 W CHURCH ST
Elmira, New York
- Carr Contracting25 Philo Rd W
Elmira, New York
- Cooper's General Contracting4420 Preemption Rd
Rock Stream, New York
- Craftmasters Plus LLC88 Country Club Drive
Elmira, New York
- C.T. Morrison home repair and general contracting
- Family Ties Contracting943 State Route 34B
King Ferry, New York
- Family Ties Contracting
- Greg Carman119 N Applegate Rd
Ithaca, New York
- Greg Carman
- Independent Installations11 Tioga Street
Waverly, New York
- Independent Installations
- J&R Roofing, LLC 447 Abell Rd
Little Meadows, Pennsylvania
- J&R Roofing, LLC
- M & P WINDOWS LLC745 MIDDLE RD
Horseheads, New York
- Magnolia Outdoor Living3522 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd. Box 162
- Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc1143 Elmira Rd
Newfield, New York
- Mullen Carpentry316 EAST 2ND STREET APT. 201
Corning, New York
- Murphys MasonryLake Rd and Emma St.
- M & P WINDOWS LLC
- SB Construction56 Bert Little Rd
Lowman, New York
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Slavin Construction2366 Corning Rd
Elmira, New York
- Steve's Painting303 S. Franklin St
Watkins Glen, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- SB Construction
- Tripp's & Carroll's Property Maintenance Services18 Kendall Street
Clifton Springs, New York
- Tripp's & Carroll's Property Maintenance Services
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement245 Flint Ave 101
Corning, New York
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement